FMC2014 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Still no subs when I instant result?
That is strange, what instant result match plan are you using? Subs have been working much better for a while now...
Shouldn't be an issue at all if it is a newly created Match Plan as far as I know.

Again these were fixed with 14.2.

Match Plans with regards to subs work like this:

- No Specific Match Plan = Subs used at the Assistant's discretion. In Friendlies they should use the majority, if not all their substitutions. If they are not, please post some examples in the bugs forum.

- All other Match Plans = typically subs will be in the final quarter of the game.

- Either of these will only use your current formation for the duration of the match.

You can always create your own Match Plan using the wizard to make this as complex or as simple as you like, including duplicating any templates (this doesn't include the sub rule, as you set this when creating the match plan itself) and seeing what they include and make any changes you want.

By and large the substitutions with Match Plans are working as intended. You can influence use of substitutions by creating match plans with scenarios that have different formations used that allow use of substitutions, or you can use lower ability players in your first XI and better players on the bench will replace them.

Players that are unfit, injured, or not playing well will tend to be subbed off when using Match Plans, but the assistants can be on the safe side keeping one sub left to use for emergencies.

If you have any examples where it is not working as well as you think it should, please post them (ideally with a save) in the bugs forum here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/373-FMC-Gameplay-Issues

I've had zero issue with it since 14.2 nor have I seen/heard any issues, except when using the instant results with the full FM version, but that is not supported here anyway. If this is someone who is looking to get subs made by using the instant results skin in the full version... there is a way.

• Administrators
If you have any examples where it is not working as well as you think it should, please post them (ideally with a save) in the bugs forum here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/373-FMC-Gameplay-Issues

As I stated in my above post ^.

Keep in mind the Match Plan you used is not really designed to be used with a friendly. Without knowing what formation you used I can't be certain whether subs should have been made (even for a competitive game), fitness aside.

For a friendly, I'd suggest using 'No Specific Match Plan'.

Please post this in the bugs area so I can look at it further.

@tieio @RTHerringbone @LucasWeatherby

Examples (all with default match plan 'go for a big win' and 14.2.1)

http://i39.tinypic.com/25sxw0l.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/a5gtvq.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2nhm049.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2eewjvd.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/11tmrlk.png

Thoughts?

Are they all friendly games? I have a completely different match plan I made for friendlies which allows subs much earlier but as Lucas said, it is easiest to just not use a match plan in friendly matches.

• Administrators

It doesn't, you're right, but it's something we're looking into clarifying for a future version of the game.

I've got the brighter ball mod, which is great, but it doesn't seem to show very well on 2D in FMC. Shows great on the same view in the full game. Would there be any reason for this? Aimed at anyone else with the mod really as opposed to SI as it's a 3rd party mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
there is an inconsistency in fmc interface. unfortunately, match plans don't allow switching tactics. you are only allowed to use the "current tactic". "prepared tactic 2" and "prepared tactic 3" are greyed out.

If you save a tactic you can go to 'Previously Used Tactic' and use those

FMC is excellent. A welcome alternative to the full game which was taking up too much of my time. Can't seee myself going back now.

People asking for more depth in FMC training: the whole point of the game is to be a quick, streamlined version, focusing on matches, tactics and transfers. Why compromise on that at all?

Please can someone from the SI team confirm FMC is part of the plan for years to come? It's keeping me interested!

Please give some way to influence PPM's that are learned, or used. I had to sell multiple players after they learned PPM's which were supposed to be of benefit (shoots from distance) yet I simply could not find a way to make them work.

There are many options:

A. Allow us to choose between, say, 2-3 options when a player is learning a PPM.

B. Have a way to "turn off" PPM's that have been learned at our club. If I buy a guy with, say, "Argues with Officials" - that is my problem. But if he learns a new one with me, then I should have the option to not use it.

C. Have an option under Staff Assignments where we can "take control" of training PPM's. By default, the staff pick, but we can take over - perhaps once we're a bit more informed after playing quite a bit of FMC - and train them ourselves in the usual manner.

D. When a new PPM is about to train, we get the option to veto it.

I think you meant to post this in the suggestions thread, not the feedback thread.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks rather stupid. Not only having a 5-5 game, but scoring on 33 consecutive before finally losing 16-17 on penalities. A bit over the top!

jRdLC.jpg

The only thing I miss from the FM Classic is really the option to view the tactical analysis. One thing is to make FM classic be a quicker game. But I can't see why having that option will take anything away from anyone. It can still go as fast as before, while being very useful for some players some times.

Oh, and the unlockables annoys me. It is one of those revenue-generating things that make me feel not appreciates as a customer.

• Administrators
Random question - is it possible to start a FMC game with the three nation restriction in place, but to subsequently remove it and select multiple nations within the 50k player limit?

You can select multiple nations within the 50k limit... what do you mean, exactly?

• Administrators

You'll need to start a new game for that, but just remove the restriction and just choose three nations to start with.

Been encouraged to have a look after glowing report from RTH.

First impression is that the appearance is good, but I'm struggling with the missing responsibilities page at the moment.

How do I get my Ass Man to take control of friendly games in FMC? I'm sure it must be possibe. Just can't find it.

• Administrators

Instant Result. You can use Match Plans with this to tell the Assistant how you want to play depending on what happens in the game. You get more control this way than in FM :)

What about Magic Sponges? Do they actually work now?

"Magic sponges, grrrr" was simply by opinion on something that I really dislike within the game. I completely get that that others, (especially the younger generation), might enjoy it and of course it adds an addition revenue stream, but it annoys me just seeing it never mind about clicking on it, (I obviously didn't).

There were a few things that I liked. The presentation seemed quite "busy" and was more graphical than the normal game. I quite liked that.

It was hard trying to navigate, but that is simply because I was so used to the full game.

I really liked the "match plans" if that's what they were called. It seemed like something that should be in the full game if I'm honest. I liked the way that such detailed instruction could be given, (within a framework), that then allowed you to then leave the Managing duties to your Ass Man. Certainly an advancement in my opinion.

I quite liked not having to deal with so much media, and loved having not to deal with team-talks, so all positive so far, (apart from the dreaded magic sponges), but then came the crunch.

I went to train a young MC as a DM and get another player learning a ppm, and..... nothing.

You can't. I get why you can't. It's just that it isn't for me. I was planning on using this, (FMC), as my on-line game, but it was such a turn-off not being able to influence new positions and ppm's.

I had sort of made up my mind that I didn't like it wanyway, but then the game crashed when I tried to decline multiple loan offers for a player at the same time and the game crashed, (I think it was linked to me being in windowed mode but I am far from sure), but in any case it gave me the excuse I needed to stop playing and go back to the full game.

There are certainly positives, but just for me and the type of save I enjoy, FMC holds little attraction to me. I might be more inclined to go back another day and have a little play with some of the challenges, but that will be the limit of my FMC playing I'm afraid.

• Administrators

PPMs I grant you you can't set/change, but if you play a player in a new position for just a few games they will start learning it. . You mentioned a crash, do you have the .dmp file at all?

That control over the individual training is the biggest thing I miss from the main mode, if I had that, hands down Classic would be the only mode I need. I love that you can see stat growth on the players main page though, very handy to see if they're developing.

• Administrators
That control over the individual training is the biggest thing I miss from the main mode, if I had that, hands down Classic would be the only mode I need. I love that you can see stat growth on the players main page though, very handy to see if they're developing.

Yep. If you check the changelist for the latest patch, we've made some improvements to the way individual training is worked based on your tactical settings.

If you have a high level of tactical consistency with playing players in particular roles, they will train in that role.

When you change tactics very frequently, they will be focusing individual training on important attributes or roles relative to their positions.

Hope that helps give you a little insight into how it works :)

Yep. If you check the changelist for the latest patch, we've made some improvements to the way individual training is worked based on your tactical settings.

If you have a high level of tactical consistency with playing players in particular roles, they will train in that role.

When you change tactics very frequently, they will be focusing individual training on important attributes or roles relative to their positions.

Hope that helps give you a little insight into how it works :)

Ahhh, cheers that is really interesting. Sounds like either way they should develop well, so you can still play how you like, rather than restricting yourself to suit the system. Which is good, as the tactical approach of Classic is one of the reasons I love it, both the ease of developing and tweaking tactics, or playing with different tactics to suit available players, or to counter more dangerous teams.

• 4 weeks later...

Well i'm back to FM13 classic mode - "custom style". Never took of for me this year, improvements in this mode were too "limited". I'm a 100% certain i won't be buying FM15 if customization is still prohibited in FMC...And it worked fine in FM13 btw., so don't give me any arguments there.

edit: and things like the more detailed finance screen can be enabled via skin in fmc13 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Incoming rant here...

- On an amazing run with Bayern, playing Hertha Berlin away. Get into the match, Hertha Berlin are playing the 4-2-3-1 Denmark, which is absurd considering that it is basically a 4-2-4 and they're playing against Bayern... The AI's tactics need to make more sense. This is nuts.

- Of course because they're using the 4-2-4, my back line has absolutely no clue how to mark their man. I've got wingbacks who literally run STRAIGHT past their man and just let them breeze by. I've got center backs being pulled out of position for absolutely no reason (A DM ahead of them, and playing against 1 striker, there is no need to close down so aggressive even on a "counter" mentality + drop deeper).

- I've got a team that literally forgot how to play. I understand you're supposed to have a bad day sometimes, but it feels like it's forced. Passes being misplaced for no reason, passes rushed for no reason, etc. I know what all the triggers are. I know that tactics matter and I understand why things happen within matches. When I see someone hoof a pass, despite being under no pressure, and having plenty of reasonable passing options, AND not being given conflicting instructions or any instructions that would lead to a hoofed pass, I start to get upset, and rightfully so.

- I've got Hertha Berlin TEARING open my defense despite playing on "counter" and using an extremely solid and well balanced 4-1-4-1. I know how to make tactics by now. I know how to keep things simple and tactically sound. This game has become incredibly frustrating with the constant AI through balls, as AI wingers literally sit on the shoulder of the back line (in some cases, depending on AI manager tendencies) and they just split the defense every time. Players of the AI are blatantly offside, but because the ball isn't played to them, it doesn't get called (which I understand, but it's annoying to deal with because it affects my back line's positioning!!!)

- It's just impossible to win certain matches, no matter what changes are made. If I'm on a 5 match win streak, and I'm playing away to Hertha Berlin I am aware there is the possibility of overconfidence, and etc. However in FMC, is overconfidence even a part of the game? (complacency).. And more importantly, why the hell is it that even the most simple and sound tactics cannot produce a solid defensive effort? I've got world class defenders. Literally the best GK in the world, two excellent center halves and 2 excellent wingbacks. They play like they're completely inept at times.

It all gets glossed over by my little 4 or 5 match win streaks, and at the end of the day my record will look impressive. But, to me, that isn't right. It's masking over a much larger issue. The AI in this game is outrageously frustrating. I don't expect to win every game, and I don't expect to never make mistakes. But what I DO expect, is for the AI's tactics to be more realistic. At times they just hoof 4 players forward, all position RIGHT on the backline of my defense, then the 2 CM's drop a bit deeper, hold onto the ball magically, and then hit a beauty of a through ball straight into my box for a AML/AMR to run into and score. The amount of times this has happened to me, across many saves, is just staggering.

I don't typically like to do this. I'm a good player of this game. I understand tactics and try to contribute to the forums. But tonight I've just had enough. I rage quit my game because it was just completely dumb to watch. 3-0 Hertha Berlin, not a chance. I've got a stupid set piece where my player heads the ball back down to ground (good), then amazingly kicks it 5 feet in front of himself, without any teammates around, a Berlin player just walks up, SMASHES the ball right into the top corner. Meanwhile, my strikers will struggle to put away the easiest of chances in a match like this.

Un freaking believable.

• 1 month later...

Only just switched to FMC and really enjoying flying through the games, one thing i'm confused about is OI's, i know FMC doesn't have them so why is my assistant constantly wanting me to add them during a match ? close down xxx player for example. And if i choose to take assistants advice but then decide to remove it say at half time how is that possible ?

• Administrators
Only just switched to FMC and really enjoying flying through the games, one thing i'm confused about is OI's, i know FMC doesn't have them so why is my assistant constantly wanting me to add them during a match ? close down xxx player for example. And if i choose to take assistants advice but then decide to remove it say at half time how is that possible ?

You can man mark that player and set one of your own players to "tight marking" in this case.

If you have any examples you think are wrong please post them in the FMC bugs forum

• 4 weeks later...

Is this suggestions thread or just feedbackk thread? Anyway I want to give a feedback and a suggestion.

First of all what I dont like is "Instant Result" because it doesnt offer anything new. It's almost the same as going on holiday for one day, only its faster. It doesnt replicate the result of the match, for example I lost the match against Celta 0-2 which I would have won if I was watching it. And its not just that one match, I have failed to win in many matches which I would have otherwise won.

So my suggestion is to fix that part of the game. I was about to win the game in "live mode", then why do I fail in "instant result" mode? Or another solution is that you enter a new more faster way to watch game than "Only comments". A mode that would just swipe through the game without any comment or it would just stop to comment goals and it would move on faster.

If this is not a suggestion thread, then please tell me where I should make a suggestions.

Thanks!

During a match I sometimes see in the Assman feedback that we need to concentrate on X for the next match, or that our focus on Y is paying dividends. Most often noticed with regard to set pieces when I have scored or conceded from such.

The questions are: is match prep going on in FMC? Can we see what is going on? Can we influence it? Or is the feedback just not adjusted from the full game to FMC?

• Administrators
During a match I sometimes see in the Assman feedback that we need to concentrate on X for the next match, or that our focus on Y is paying dividends. Most often noticed with regard to set pieces when I have scored or conceded from such.

The questions are: is match prep going on in FMC? Can we see what is going on? Can we influence it? Or is the feedback just not adjusted from the full game to FMC?

You can set particular instructions on opposition through your own player instructions. If you have some that you really don't think fit please raise them in the FMC Bugs forum.

Match Prep isn't 'going on' in FMC.

You can set particular instructions on opposition through your own player instructions. If you have some that you really don't think fit please raise them in the FMC Bugs forum.

Match Prep isn't 'going on' in FMC.

Thanks for the reply Lucas. The sort of thing I am seeing is comments such as "our focus on attacking set pieces has paid off" or "we should focus our match prep on defending set pieces for the next match...".

If patch prep is not going on "under the hood" then I must assume it is just a hangover from full fat feedback. I will raise it in the bugs forum if you so advise, but other than re-posting what I have said here I don't have much to offer to help the team if they are currently unaware of the issue.

• Administrators
Thanks for the reply Lucas. The sort of thing I am seeing is comments such as "our focus on attacking set pieces has paid off" or "we should focus our match prep on defending set pieces for the next match...".

If patch prep is not going on "under the hood" then I must assume it is just a hangover from full fat feedback. I will raise it in the bugs forum if you so advise, but other than re-posting what I have said here I don't have much to offer to help the team if they are currently unaware of the issue.

That's fine, if you could repost it in the bugs forum I can be sure it's fixed for next version.

As an avid football manager since the early cm days I can honestly say I know prefer FMC to the 'full' game, as a dad and being self employed I know longer have the time to dedicate to the full game as each year goes by it gets more in depth and requires dedication to get a long save going, with FMC it feels more like the older games where its possible to get through the game abit quicker and to be honest I dont miss any of the other features from the full game.

• 2 weeks later...

My first reaction to FMC is "You should have done this years ago." As soon as I bought FM14/FMC I bought the "no sacking" option for FMC. Finally I will have the opportunity to get to know my players and learn how to build an effective team. I can take my time and try new things.

I gave up on the full game after buying World Wide Soccer Manager 2008. Now, FINALLY, I have a soccer game I can enjoy, without all the media interaction and other detail that makes full-featured FM seem more like work than entertainment.

can somebody tell me - I'm looking to make the change to FMC but the only thing stopping me currently is the skin, especially the player attributes...it's like a crime to the eyes. Is there many alternative FMC skins out there and if so where can I find them? thanks.

Archived