Ajax Youth Development – When The Real World Meets Football Manager

Just a query if I want to set up my youth players to change there personality say to the ones that cleon mentions earlier in the thread does it matter whothe tutor is ie can they be any player with proffesional personality so they can tutor my youth or do you have to be careful and make sure they are quite a good player as well?

I didnt eexplain that v well :/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks is there any benefit apart from ppms say if a world class player is tutoring or a average player is tutoring ?

It's all about the personality type rather than how good the player actually is. It is all explained though (I'm sure I keep telling you this) already in the tutoring section of the thread.

I no u keep saying this but do u no how long it takes to read every post and u dont say that in your explanation of tutoring. I just asked and got the answere in 2 minutes is it really that difficult im only asking a question

It is quicker to read the actual thread rather than keep asking questions that have already been discussed. This is what, the 10th time now? I don't write these threads for my own benefit, the least you can do is actually read it.

And yes it is explained in the Personality and Tutoring section.

This is why questions go unanswered by me because people just don't put effort into reading actual threads. Everyone wants a quick answer and to be spoon fed without putting much effort into actually reading/searching for answers in a thread where they've already been explained.

It's really annoying and one of the reasons myself and the others who create threads just don't bother doing them anymore.

If you just spent an hour reading the thread you'd understand it a lot better.

Plus in another thread you said you didn't want input from me, so I find it quite insulting you'd post here asking for help.

I will gladly help anyone if they actually read the thread or give off the impression they have. Those who can't be bothered to read no matter how big the thread is will be ignored. It takes a lot longer to create these types of thread than it does for someone to actually read it.

I no u keep saying this but do u no how long it takes to read every post and u dont say that in your explanation of tutoring. I just asked and got the answere in 2 minutes is it really that difficult im only asking a question

There's no need to be so rude and ungrateful.

Rude ? Eead it in another way I was just saying i dont have time to read the entire thread thats why I asked and i didnt actually ask u cleon I just asked dude u need to get off ur soap box I no ur an op and its a gr8 thread but u really do need to climb down off the pedestal u have built for urself !!

Rude ? Eead it in another way I was just saying i dont have time to read the entire thread thats why I asked and i didnt actually ask u cleon I just asked dude u need to get off ur soap box I no ur an op and its a gr8 thread but u really do need to climb down off the pedestal u have built for urself !!

Firstly don't use text speech.

Secondly, this is my thread.

Thirdly - actually spend time and read ffs rather than asking questions already answered.

Fourthly, please don't post in here again as the posts will be deleted.

im just saying this thread has exposed how overpowered is the way you can shape the players, as well as the way you can produce great prospects. it gives you so much controll and power to boost players it is making the game too easy. should maybe be toned down for future versions, that's all.

Players do reach full PA quite easily but then they did on FM12 too. I don't think training on FM13 gives you much control at all and you still get raises in useless attributes. In fact training is still limited in how you can actually shape a player. We have very little control.

I think you are confusing controlled development with player development. And while its easy for someone to reach full PA, it is much harder to shape them they way you'd like.

So for the start of season two I will have him tutored by the same player again. In fact I'll do this a few times if it means I can make him a better player.
How long did you have to wait to be able to do this? At least at first, I'm unable to choose the same player again after he's tutored him once. I had 18 players tutoring a youngster the first half of this season, and they're all available to tutor again now. The same youngsters can be tutored by others too. It's been three months.

Also, this one: "For all of these I choose the top tutoring option because that one does personality and there is a chance of transferring PPM's. The bottom option works on personality only and should be used if a player has a PPM that you don't want your player to pick up."

Just to make sure: When you're talking about these "options", you are referring to "As a senior member of the squad, I'd like you to tutor XXX [as I feel you can improve his game]" versus "I think it would be beneficial [...]", yes?

It is quicker to read the actual thread rather than keep asking questions that have already been discussed. This is what, the 10th time now? I don't write these threads for my own benefit, the least you can do is actually read it.

And yes it is explained in the Personality and Tutoring section.

This is why questions go unanswered by me because people just don't put effort into reading actual threads. Everyone wants a quick answer and to be spoon fed without putting much effort into actually reading/searching for answers in a thread where they've already been explained.

It's really annoying and one of the reasons myself and the others who create threads just don't bother doing them anymore.

If you just spent an hour reading the thread you'd understand it a lot better.

Plus in another thread you said you didn't want input from me, so I find it quite insulting you'd post here asking for help.

I will gladly help anyone if they actually read the thread or give off the impression they have. Those who can't be bothered to read no matter how big the thread is will be ignored. It takes a lot longer to create these types of thread than it does for someone to actually read it.

Agree big time. I've read the whole topic about 3 times (really!) and yet didn't have a single thing that wasn't explained enough.

I have one quick question though. I have a great first-team player, personality of a model professional (media handling style: media-friendly), who's reputation is continental (or something like that). I wanted him to tutor my 16-year old youth, professional personality (media: level-headed). But, after a week or so, the young lad says he doesn't think he would gain anything from this whole tutoring, the gap between the two personalities being too big (or so). So my question is: why? And the other question is: if I can't tutor young professional with model professional, then who can do that?

Great thread Cleon.

I've had a GK come through with great potential but the one area he lacks in is Aerial Ability. It doesn't show as an option under individual attribute focus. Is there any way to focus on this specifically or will it just have to improve in line with other attributes under a standard GK training program?

I have question about coaches development. I know they develop, but I wonder how does it works? Does it depend on the facilities of the club that hired them, meaning the better training facilities, the better the coach will be? Does it also increase with age? Or does it matter, if they were a professional, international footballer before they became coaches? In my game Inzaghi is a top, probably 4 or 5 stars coach (just after he retired as a footballer, so at the age of 30 something), working for Milan, but for example Darren Fletcher (being 34 years old) in my game just really sucks.

I have also signed Andre-Pierre Girac, former french international player, just after he retired as a footballer and started his coach career, just to see how will he develop himself. After one season I compared his current stats with the initial stats and nothing has changed (in fact two of them have dropped by 1, instead of increasing). Plus the board says that Gignac doesn't seem to want to develop himself (when I asked to pay for his school or something) - so does it meat that he's already reached his full potential? And will the international players become as a rule better coaches that the unknown ones?

I have question about coaches development. I know they develop, but I wonder how does it works? Does it depend on the facilities of the club that hired them, meaning the better training facilities, the better the coach will be? Does it also increase with age? Or does it matter, if they were a professional, international footballer before they became coaches? In my game Inzaghi is a top, probably 4 or 5 stars coach (just after he retired as a footballer, so at the age of 30 something), working for Milan, but for example Darren Fletcher (being 34 years old) in my game just really sucks.

Nope it's all pre-determined and random.

Sending them on courses improves attributes if their staff potential allows for it. Attributes also rise/decline with age.

well, yes and no.

if initial attributes of a player are just about right then it is quite easy to get almost perfect player. somehow i got a immense intakes for 2 or three years in row that produced tons of great offensive players, DM's and centerbacks. most of the strikers got nearly perfect initial attribute distribution for inside forwards (dribbling, finishing, first touch, technique, composure, anticipation, off ball, agility, balance) all i had to do is retrain them to amL/R and ... i see selling them off each year for anything between 20 and 50M.

but i guess youre right. i think i was blessed with some great intake what distorts my perception currently- in the end, they end up fabulous training or no training. it is those average PA players that are challenging to train to perfection. should really learn to post some screenshots.

Could it also be that in France, there are a lot of good newgens? I had read somewhere that the game produces more good French newgens than any other nation

Could it also be that in France, there are a lot of good newgens? I had read somewhere that the game produces more good French newgens than any other nation

Well I'm currently playing a french save, and being in season 2019/2020 right now I don't see that it seems to be true. I have all major european leagues set as playable plus argentinian and brasilian as well and must say that it doesn't seem like the french newgens are overwhelming the others. In fact, right now French U-19 team didn't even manage to qualify for the next WC, ending the qualifications at 4th place in the group.

So no, I don't think France produces more good/briliant newgens. But I might be not seeing thing. Besides I take such claims with a pinch of salt, as I doubt that any convincing and proper reaserches were conducted.

Nope it's all pre-determined and random.

Really? Well that's disappointing. I thought coaches do develop in other way than through courses. And I was almost sure that the better the fotballer was, the better coach he would be.

Drogba in my save will be disappointed as well ;-)

Really? Well that's disappointing. I thought coaches do develop in other way than through courses. And I was almost sure that the better the fotballer was, the better coach he would be.

They can develop with age too. But how good of a player he was has no bearing on it :)

What role a coach is performing also affect his attributes. For ex if u assign a coach to head your reserve team may help the coach's progress. I dont remember the article where i read this but it is certainly somewhere in the forum. either in SFraser's or some Cleon's thread

Well I'm currently playing a french save, and being in season 2019/2020 right now I don't see that it seems to be true. I have all major european leagues set as playable plus argentinian and brasilian as well and must say that it doesn't seem like the french newgens are overwhelming the others. In fact, right now French U-19 team didn't even manage to qualify for the next WC, ending the qualifications at 4th place in the group.

So no, I don't think France produces more good/briliant newgens. But I might be not seeing thing. Besides I take such claims with a pinch of salt, as I doubt that any convincing and proper reaserches were conducted.

Im only in my second season in my save, and have only European Leagues playable and Brazil and Argentina view-only. From the scouts report, I get a lot of French and Dutch newgens which have ridiculous prices, lots of Portuguese who are priced ok, and the odd player from Africa who is decently priced.

Great thread, Cleon! I cannot get a hang of tactics but training does intruige me! For me there is nothing better in this game than developing an unknown into a world superstar.

Just a quick question: As far as you can tell, do different types of attributes increase at different rates at different times? By this I mean is it easier to train say physical attributes at a young age (<18) than at a slightly older age (19-24), etc. I ask this because if I have a player with three attributes that need improving (one physical, one technical, and one mental say), I want to choose the one that will improve quickest.

Another issue is players that just won't improve. Most of my youth players will get plenty of news reports from my coaches saying that they are improving etc, but the odd one or two will never get this message even if they are getting game time. I assume these players must just have a low professionalism attribute right? (I play my only game on classic mode so there isn't much I can do about this, although this thread has encouraged me to start a full game sometime soon...).

Did I read on here that loaning isnt good ? Just I have a lot of youngsters maybe 50 to 100 at any one time so what I do is I take charge of my affiliates ie celtic atalanta and getafe and loan 11 youngsters to each team so I know my most talented are getting game time so is this not helping them ?

There's a great thread by SFraser on tutoring, where he goes into great detail about his policy when it comes to loaning and how to get the best out of it. For example he looks for affiliates or sends players on loan to club where the manager has the right attributes in terms of developing youngsters...

Hi Leon, I hope you can help me. I have the help of your good advice managed to get a 3 world class players, thanks turtoring, where those have the right personality etc. BUT the problem is that every year, I have some youngsters who have 4-5 star potential with the correct personality, determination above 16, and sent them out on loan. They all come back together and have gone from 4-5 stars 3 stars potential. Why is this happening? The problem with keeping them at the club is that they complaining about little gametime and want to go out on loan ...

Do you have any advice?

Here is an example from my team: 1441186.jpeg

Everybody can not get turtoring at the same time, and I'm wondering what I should do with that. What do you do With youngsters of potensial 4-5 stars, but current ability of 1-2,5 stars? Do you loan out "Wonderkids" or keep them at the Club?

Yeah, I'm with tom, SHE is a HE. A little forum sleuthing should help you with that one.

Oh, and for one, that's too many youngsters. If you can't give them game time, you have too many. Second, Cleon doesn't loan out his players unless they can't progress anymore. It's been stated over and over through out the thread, as well as Cleon's opening posts to the thread.

Seems fair enough.

Personally, I think it's great with Cleon being the FM genius, who is a riddle, wrapped in mystery, shrouded in enigma. Just allows everybody to focus on the amazing FM knowledge, that is provided by threads like these.

P.S. Alright, I know I'm sidetracking, but I've read the entirety of this thread and I think it's a superb attempt to convert real life into FM, as well as solid, helpful, training information guide.

So I'm just going to end this post with a thank you for all the hard work Cleon on this post, and many other guides of yours that I have voraciously dissected, over the past year or so.

Amazing thread Cleon. I know many have said it before and I should have said it before now seeing as I stumbled across it a few weeks ago now.

I'm just catching up on it at the moment but having been inspired to do something similar with Chelsea I have a few questions/observations that I hope you haven't already covered that I've missed because I know how frustrating it must be to point people back to various posts and go over old ground. Anyway, here goes.

I started a Chelsea save with the plan to bring in and also develop existing youth players to eventually take over from stalwarts like Lampard and Terry, whilst having those guys to mentor them along the way.

I signed Hughes from Derby, Ward-Prowse, Deulofeu and Neymar (yes I crumbled in january and paid his release clause as Torres and Ba were poor and injured leaving us light up top). There's also some decent young talent at the club already, especially in defence with the likes of Chalobah, Ake, Omerou(?) and Romeu... This also pushed me towards using a 3-1-5-1 formation, with the likes of terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic in the first team. Another break from the norm for me.

Anyway... A few questions and observations. If you or anyone else can help.

When you get a youngster to one of your preferred personalities do you stop tutoring them? or do you try and push on to get a more 'perfect' personality?

I'm only going from memory as I'm at work atm but Hughes is 'Spirited' after being tutored by Lampard for a while and has picked up some nice PPMs too. He's training well and has lots of nice green pointy up arrows. Would you leave him alone tutor wise or try and get him to Model Professional? Would further tutoring harm him? or would I be better letting Lampard tutor as many youngsters as possible before he hangs up his boots?

Also, whilst I'm talking about Lampard. I'm pretty sure he started off as a Model Professional and now 1.5 seasons in his personality is Leader. Do you often see changes in personality for older players like that?

Something I've only just noticed in games are messages that Neymar and Deulofeu are finding it hard to motivate themselves with John Terry as captain. I'm not a Chelsea fan but on the field at least, I'm pretty sure JT would motivate most folks. I'm guessing this is a clash of personalities and that I need to see about changing deulofeus and Neymar's for the better.

I'm not sure what there's are off the top of my head but Neymar doesn't react well to team talks either but I also don't have anyone at the club really who's in a position to tutor him. I'll check when Lampard comes free and see if he can with Neymar being.

Anyway, personalities and their affect on training, development and on field success is something that I've never really thoguht about before so thank you Cleon for bringing this to a lot of our attention.

Dola.

SoI've been catching up and yes, pretty much what I've asked has been answered. >_>

I'm guessing that I should leave guys alone like HUghes once they are at one of the preferred personalities rather than trying to make them a model pro and risk ballsing him up.

Again, wonderful thread Cleon. ;)

When you get a youngster to one of your preferred personalities do you stop tutoring them? or do you try and push on to get a more 'perfect' personality?

I stop once they get the personality type I had in mind for them at the start. or if its for PPM's, I stop when I think they've learnt enough of them.

I'm only going from memory as I'm at work atm but Hughes is 'Spirited' after being tutored by Lampard for a while and has picked up some nice PPMs too. He's training well and has lots of nice green pointy up arrows. Would you leave him alone tutor wise or try and get him to Model Professional? Would further tutoring harm him? or would I be better letting Lampard tutor as many youngsters as possible before he hangs up his boots?

It depends on what personality type you want and why. Spirited is a good personality type to have though. As I like to develop players I never stray away from the personality types mentioned in the personality section of the thread;

Model Citizen – This would be the best one to have but they are limited and in really short reply. In fact so far in all my saves I have only managed to find two players who have this personality.

Resolute – This is one of my favourite personalities due to high level of professionalism and determination. While I don't class determination as a vital attribute that players must have there is no hard in having players who do have good determination. It will help with on field events and make me stronger tactically.

Perfectionist – Again this shows a player to have high determination, ambition and professionalism but does highlight low temperament.

Spirited – Decent temperament, good pressure and professionalism

Model Professional/Professional/Fairly Professional – Good professionalism and decent temperament

Also, whilst I'm talking about Lampard. I'm pretty sure he started off as a Model Professional and now 1.5 seasons in his personality is Leader. Do you often see changes in personality for older players like that?

It happens a lot due to attributes rising/decling with age etc.

I don't think you'll get Neymar tutored (I could be wrong) but he thought of as one of the best players in the world, so any tutor would need to be classed better than him and have a better squad status. I think it would more a less be impossible to get him tutored.

Handling youth intakes and coach and scout factors that affect youth coming to club. Detailed discussion please

Scouts have nothing to do with youths coming into the club (unless you buy them ofc and scout before hand).

I've already talked about what impacts youth intakes. As for signing the players, then that's something you have to do and decide, I can't tell you what to do for that bit.

Also if you want detailed discussion give detailed replies :thup:

I stop once they get the personality type I had in mind for them at the start. or if its for PPM's, I stop when I think they've learnt enough of them.

It depends on what personality type you want and why. Spirited is a good personality type to have though. As I like to develop players I never stray away from the personality types mentioned in the personality section of the thread;

Model Citizen – This would be the best one to have but they are limited and in really short reply. In fact so far in all my saves I have only managed to find two players who have this personality.

Resolute – This is one of my favourite personalities due to high level of professionalism and determination. While I don't class determination as a vital attribute that players must have there is no hard in having players who do have good determination. It will help with on field events and make me stronger tactically.

Perfectionist – Again this shows a player to have high determination, ambition and professionalism but does highlight low temperament.

Spirited – Decent temperament, good pressure and professionalism

Model Professional/Professional/Fairly Professional – Good professionalism and decent temperament

It happens a lot due to attributes rising/decling with age etc.

I don't think you'll get Neymar tutored (I could be wrong) but he thought of as one of the best players in the world, so any tutor would need to be classed better than him and have a better squad status. I think it would more a less be impossible to get him tutored.

Thanks Cleon.

I've literally just caught up with the thread and read to the bottom of this last page and I now realised that a couple of points I raised had been covered in the last couple of pages so thanks again for confirming them.

I think what i was asking was more or less intuitive anyway but often being intuitive doesn't always work in sports sims. It's always nicer to have that confirmation from someone who's go the experience.

I know what you're saying with Neymar. He's generally the only guy with red when i do team talks, especially when I'm giving the hairdryer treatment at half time.

If I'd realised that I could have recalled Lukaku I would probably not have signed him but I didn't find out until after I'd pulled the trigger. I'm just off to read your Understanding Your Tactic thread as that's another area of the game that I haven't really touched in recent versions.

Fantastic work mate.

Thanks Cleon.

I've literally just caught up with the thread and read to the bottom of this last page and I now realised that a couple of points I raised had been covered in the last couple of pages so thanks again for confirming them.

I think what i was asking was more or less intuitive anyway but often being intuitive doesn't always work in sports sims. It's always nicer to have that confirmation from someone who's go the experience.

I know what you're saying with Neymar. He's generally the only guy with red when i do team talks, especially when I'm giving the hairdryer treatment at half time.

If I'd realised that I could have recalled Lukaku I would probably not have signed him but I didn't find out until after I'd pulled the trigger. I'm just off to read your Understanding Your Tactic thread as that's another area of the game that I haven't really touched in recent versions.

Fantastic work mate.

Neymar is awesome on the game. He's the 1 signing I always try and sign as you'll see when you read the other thread :D

Neymar is awesome on the game. He's the 1 signing I always try and sign as you'll see when you read the other thread :D

Yeah, without a doubt and I've not had problems with him in previous versions of the game. I'm not sure what his personality is as I'm at work but I found the in game comment that he finds it hard to be motivated with Terry as captain interesting.

Hopefully I can do something about that or perhaps try and raise his determination or something to help him fit in because at the moment he's acting like a spoilt nancy boy whilst everyone else on the team is inspired (well, sometimes) by my team talks. :p

Or I guess I could drop JT...

Yeah, without a doubt and I've not had problems with him in previous versions of the game. I'm not sure what his personality is as I'm at work but I found the in game comment that he finds it hard to be motivated with Terry as captain interesting.

Hopefully I can do something about that or perhaps try and raise his determination or something to help him fit in because at the moment he's acting like a spoilt nancy boy whilst everyone else on the team is inspired (well, sometimes) by my team talks. :p

Or I guess I could drop JT...

Green arrows from team talks aren't always good. Sometimes you need a player to reactive negative to get a performance from him. People assume green is good when in fact it isn't always true :)

Green arrows from team talks aren't always good. Sometimes you need a player to reactive negative to get a performance from him. People assume green is good when in fact it isn't always true :)

I guess if the player is 'angry' he could go out and show you what he can do but it's usually 'looks to have switched off' or 'seems demotivated'. But we'll wee how it goes. :)

He's only playing adequately at the moment too. I wouldn't be too worried if he was tearing things up. But yeah, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the help again and for the great info in here. :applause:

Hi again all - From reading through the thread and from previous reading I thought the following was a comprehensive list of the factors affecting a player's development:

1. Coach ability
  2. Training ground quality
  3. Training type/workload
  4. Game time
  5. Opposition quality
  6. Game performance
  7. Age of player
  8. Ambition of player
  9. Professionalism of player

Have I missed anything out? The reason I asked is because of a youth player in my team who just would not improve. He got exactly the same training as all of my other youth players, the same opportunities in the first team, and his game performances were the same. That accounts for everything but the two hidden personality attributes, so I just assumed he was either unprofessional or unambitious or both. I'm playing FMC mode so without the opportunity to tutor him better I just stuck at it until he reached 24 and still had barely improved so I sold him.

However, before I sold the guy I couldn't help myself but to fire up FM Genie and make sure my conclusions were correct. Imagine my suprise when I saw that he had 20 for ambition and 15 for professionalism! So I can only conclude that there must be another factor that affects a player's development that I am missing - can anyone shed some light on the matter?

Hi again all - From reading through the thread and from previous reading I thought the following was a comprehensive list of the factors affecting a player's development:
  1. Coach ability
  2. Training ground quality
  3. Training type/workload
  4. Game time
  5. Opposition quality
  6. Game performance
  7. Age of player
  8. Ambition of player
  9. Professionalism of player

Have I missed anything out? The reason I asked is because of a youth player in my team who just would not improve. He got exactly the same training as all of my other youth players, the same opportunities in the first team, and his game performances were the same. That accounts for everything but the two hidden personality attributes, so I just assumed he was either unprofessional or unambitious or both. I'm playing FMC mode so without the opportunity to tutor him better I just stuck at it until he reached 24 and still had barely improved so I sold him.

However, before I sold the guy I couldn't help myself but to fire up FM Genie and make sure my conclusions were correct. Imagine my suprise when I saw that he had 20 for ambition and 15 for professionalism! So I can only conclude that there must be another factor that affects a player's development that I am missing - can anyone shed some light on the matter?

FMC is slightly different because majority of it is done under the hood so to speak. Also genie isn't 100% correct which people don't realise.

But the things you list are 100% correct.

I can't imagine that FMC is that much different under the hood than the main game, you just cannot affect things in so many ways (tutoring, focusing on specific attributes etc), neither can you see in detail how the player is training; you just have to go by the green or red arrows on the attribute screen.

Very interesting point about FM Genie - I did not know that! To be fair I don't usually use it but in this case I wanted to be sure about why this player wasn't kicking on. I'll try determining the range of possible values for professionalism and ambition by looking at the media/personality type as you mention near the start of the thread.

Many thanks for the response! :)

EDIT: Analysing his personality says that his ambition is definitely 20, inconclusive on professionalism though. Maybe FMC has a random element thrown in to "replace" the missing features.

Thanks for this thread, Cleon. So I've been implimenting many of these concepts and ideas with Lokomotiv Moscow. The starting youth quailty are lower than Ajax, but then so is the standard in Russia. Plus the foreigner limitations mean I basically have to focus on developing some Russian player, at the very last for my depth players. The club starts out with several 2-3 star prospects in the 17-19 age range. They mostly seem to have random attributes so they can be quality prospects in one game and pretty useless in another.

One in particular has stood out. A 17 year old MC who starts in the youth ranks. I figured on him being my future backup DLP and he had okay attributes for that, but not ideal. I had him tutored by a 1st teamer with a professional approach, set his training to DLP positional, put him in the reserves and forgot about him. Then I noticed he had a whole host of green arrows. Nice. Check back a few months later... still green arrows all over the place. The tutoring ended and while it improved him, it hardly made him a bastion of professionalism. He's not really any stronger in that regard than other prospects who have similar potential. He's still only 17 and while his mental attributes still need work, his technical skills would allow him to contribute as a depth player. So far I've left him in the reserves and I started him with another tutor. I've started blooding another very similar prospect - a 19 year old DM I see as my future anchor man. Despite similarities in potential and key personality attributes, he's not developing anywhere near as quick. And that's with a few sub appearances on the first team. The DLP is now showing as a 4 star prospect and I believe the DM is as well. There are also several young fullbacks in the reserves - similar potential, tutoring, persaonlities, etc. They haven't blown up.

So my question is whether there is something helping this particular player improve across the board so much in comparison to other prospects with similar starting points, personalities, coaches, etc? Or just random luck that I should fully enjoy...?

Thank you Cleon for starting this post as I have used this thread as a teaching guide for my non forumer friends new to this game.

Here's an idea for some of you who have an evil streak inside. Once you have the finances, buy up as many good potential youths as possible. Even if you have no plans on using them in the future. Take your pick of the best from the lot and train them as you would following the thread. For the rest who will not figure in your future plans, put them on low training and send them to as many different countries on loans.

What this does is make those players develop much slower then sell them at around age 20-21. Loaning out to many different countries consecutively will also prevent home grown and nation grown status of said players. Rival teams will still buy these players at a profit due to their potential.

Now your team has the advantage in terms of player quality at an earlier age and also home grown status. This will help you dominate further not only domestically but also in continental competitions.

Archived