Ajax Youth Development – When The Real World Meets Football Manager

Tutoring still works like it did on FM13 so all the same criteria must be met still.
you dont seam to be able to start a secound round of tutoring as early as you could do on fm13 so they might have changed that

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you dont seam to be able to start a secound round of tutoring as early as you could do on fm13 so they might have changed that

No its still the same, it takes the same amount of time which is normally around 12-16 weeks. On FM13 it was bugged and you could start earlier sometimes but it would always fail.

if a player has a particular low attribute (eg young goalkeeper 6 handling) is it a good idea to just concentrate on that one attribute on high itensity training or is it always better to rotate trianing every now and again?

I still rotate, but do that attribute every other time. For example;

Handling - 3 months

Agility - 3 months

Handling - 3 months

Kicking - 3 months

Handling - 3 months

Etc, etc.

Hey Cleon...got 3 questions for you. I just started lookig into tutoring as i'm managing a small team in Portugal and noticed they have superb youth facilities and a very limited budget so I want to maximize my youth. Going through my over 24 players I noticed that the captain of my team is listed as Unambitious but has a Leadership of 18 and Determination of 12.

1. Looking through the chart, Unambitious means (AMB 1-5, LOY 11-20) but what does that mean about his Professionalism rating?

2. Leadership of 18 is really good. Teamwork is 19 - Work Rate is 16. Numbers all look good to be a caaptain but... should I strip him of his captain duties because of his really bad lack of ambition or does the game not compute like that?

3. How do you make Negative personalities into positive? I just tried taking someone with a Balanced personality to tutor a Unambitious youth but it he didn't show up on the list.

Thanks for all your work!

1. You need to use the link I provided in one of the posts that goes to the media handling thread and then you can work it out. Not sure which post it's in but it'll either be the tutoring one or the personality one.

2. Leadership is about what happens on the pitch. I just select the person with the highest attribute and the best personality. It's upto you really.

3. They have to share a position in common and I think the list is only allowed 10 people on it (if were talking FM13) so loan some of the other people out etc. If you read further up the page or one of the firsts posts in the thread it explains the requirements for tutoring.

In FM 14 I'venoticed its possible to tutor a player via his screen. there will be a list with three possible tutors.This made it at least once possible for me to bypass the ten player rule.

I consider personality more important thn leadership in a captain. I noticed in last years edition that theteam was more motivated when my model proffesional with 12 leadership was captain. I had a resolute/18 leadership captain before..

• 1 month later...

Would people actually want to read this again for FM14 but with a lot more stuff in it? My Santos game didn't save to Cloud when I bought a new PC so that game is lost sadly. I've been playing as Ajax again though recent and have done a few seasons. So if I created a new thread and re-added all the old images and added the new stuff and expanded on it a lot, would people be interested in reading it? Or would it just be 'more of the same' and not worth it?

Would people actually want to read this again for FM14 but with a lot more stuff in it? My Santos game didn't save to Cloud when I bought a new PC so that game is lost sadly. I've been playing as Ajax again though recent and have done a few seasons. So if I created a new thread and re-added all the old images and added the new stuff and expanded on it a lot, would people be interested in reading it? Or would it just be 'more of the same' and not worth it?

I'd definitely have a read through it; I always enjoy your threads and learn a lot.

I would definitely read it. Been playing Football Manager a long, long time, well as long back as when Championship Manager first came out, and your posts are some of the most helpful I have ever read. I think FM 2014 is causing a lot of problems for some people, not so easy to download a tactic and play, bit of thinking needed, your posts inspire people I believe.

Have a new project I am starting myself, hoping to put a post up soon, will definitely be hoping for some input from you :-)

Please do the thread if you have the time, I'd enjoy it, sure others would too.

Archived