FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

They're obsessed, there is no point in trying to talk to them as they can't even get their facts right.

I've just the bought the game so i'm looking forward to playing it tonight, 1 thing I have noticed is that the registration ban is slightly out. Our ban runs from 1 Sept 2012 to 31 Aug 2013 in real life but in the game it runs to the 3rd Sept 2013.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurrah, promotion from the first division and back into the promised land of the SPL.

The first division went alot smoother than I was expecting, ended up being a 2 horse race between us and Greenock Morton, at one point I was 18 points clear but I flat spot at the very end of the season made it a bit more nailbiting. Ended up taking the league by 8 points.

I picked up a couple more regens along the way, the German under 19s is a great place to pick up some high quality free youth players.

Unfortunately I progressed past the league tables etc so I cant put up top performers etc but I will pop up my transfers in and out after the SPLs first window closes... including the return of one of the players that left us in the lurch :mad:

Ok, end of the summer window back in the SPL.

Players Out

Gallagher, Hemmings & Gauld - FREE

10 players out on loan

Players In

John Fleck - FREE - Coventry - Contriversial given the way he left us but he is a good young player and a Rangers man at heart.

Manfredi Sambuccini - FREE - Italian AML regen

Jeremy Roche - FREE - French MC Regen

Andreas Lindschinger - FREE - Austrian AML Regen

Jack Butland - FREE - Young keeper, will be an England international soon, real coup to get him on a free, has taken the number 1 jersey from Simon.

Now the fun really begins.

Season 3 Division 1 completed.

Div 1: 1st, 29 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses, 79 goals, 14 conceded, 92 points.

Challenge Cup: Winners vs. Ross County

League Cup: Lost to Celtic in semi final (should have won with 3 times as many CCC's)

Scottish Cup: Lost to Dundee (fielded the kids and paid for it)

Top 5 players:

1. Sebastien Faure, 46 games, 7 goals, 1 assist, 7.43 rating.

2. David Templeton, 36 games, 11 goals, 9 assists, 7.41 rating.

3. Luca Gasparotto, 42 games, 2 goals, 3 assists, 7.41 rating.

4. Kyle Hutton, 34 games, 4 goals, 11 assists, 7.29 rating.

5. Aaron Sinclair, 44 games, 9 goals, 8 assists 7.28 rating.

Season 4: Back in the SPL

Transfers out:

Kyle Hutton to Coventry on Loan

Ian Black released

David Templeton to Huddersfielf for free

Jim Lowry to Ipswich on loan (regen striker 5 star PA)

Andy Little to Peterborough on loan

Danny Hollands to Bournemouth for £45k

Bunch of kids released.

Transfers in:

Hugo Concalves, 21yr, MC, 4.5*, £250k from Uniao Madeira

Mika, 24yr, GK, £70k from SLB

Alan Hutton, 30yr, DR, free transfer

David Simao, 25yr, AMC, £100k from SLB

Drew my first game in the SPL 2-2 with Hearts but both where dodgy goals and i had much better match stats so i chalked it up to nerves and stuck with the same lineup for the 2nd game, away to Aberdeen who promptly capitulated a 5-1 victory to cement Rangers triumphant return to the SPL.

Simao seems like a complete steal for £100k as he set up 4 goals and scored himself in those 2 games, Hutton is a fantastic addition back to the team still bombing down the right wing which is exactly what i needed (had David Barron from St. Mirren previously, good but not quite Hutton good).

Almost finished first season in Div 3 and really enjoying it,,, quite easy tho (as it should be I guess),, so far with only 11 games left im 22 points clear at the top,, only conceded 6 goals and 3/4 of them where penalties. The draw back i guess of playing aggressive tackling ,, but hey it is the 3rd Div after all :) . Also in the Scottish Cup quarter final against Hamilton so hopin for a semi at least.

Best is I've signed absolutely nobody yet,,, just gone with Coisty's squad with a few drafted in from the reserves and youth team to make up the numbers. Big Jig my top scorer and young Mckay doing well,,, templeton has also been on fire. Missing not signing players but wanted it to be as realistic as possible,, so looking forward to snappin up some youngsters in the summer.

Good to see the boys get a good result IRL today also.

WATP

February 2016 - SPL

After the winter window closes the first season back in the SPL has been one of overachievement so far. Sitting top of the SPL, 8 points clear of Celtic and with a squad playing beautiful, attacking football with a solid defensive foundation. Just magic.

Transfers In

Vicente - FREE - experienced midfielder, played in la liga for many years and here to tutor and provide cover, hs picked up a few goals along the way as well.

Andreas Lindschinger - Austrien regen

Players Out

4 players on loan, including my french regen keeper Guilleme Simon who has gone to my feeder club, Barnsley for the rest of the year, he was on the bench and I didnt want him getting unhappy at not playing.

Tactically we are now playing a 4-5-1 with 2 mcs, 2 wingers and an amc, for our last game we lined up like this:

GK - Butland

DL - Hegarty

DR - Faure

DC - Gasparotto

DC - Wallace

MC - MacLeod

MC - Hutton

AML - Vicente

AMC - Fleck

AMR - Kotysch

FC - Grifiths

SUB - Gallifuco

SUB - Perry

SUB - Gauld

SUB - McKay

SUB - Roche

SUB - Karadag

SUB - I keep this spot empty rather than name a reserve keeper

Wow, in the pre-season before 2018/19 and got a £12.75M bid from Chelsea for Gauld! However I got a tycoon takeover so didn't need the cash, negotiated to £15M and they withdrew. Just had a 33 year old Cristiano Ronaldo offered to me for £5.5M!

Celtic won the SPL last season (third back in the SPL) we went 5th-1st-2nd since our return, also went out of Europe completely in the group stage of the CL, was a bit surprised not to get the sack but this tycoon has stuck with me for now! Got a lot of youngsters in my squad now as well as the likes of Freeman, Gauld, Wuytens, Mignolet, Daniel Sturridge and Thorgan Hazard (great player, if you can get him cheap like I did then go for it) just have to get the title back and try and challenge a bit in Europe next season!

Anybody having trouble defending long high balls?

It seems like a good 60% of the goals i conceed are from someone in midfield lobbing the ball up the pitch and my defenders becoming utterly useless as the opposition striker(s) latch on to it and round my keeper.

Each of my defenders have excellent aerial ability so its not a case of tall strikers simply out jumping them, and their physical stats mean they should not be getting caught out chasing the striker as he pulls away from them.

Just read the Opening posts. As a recommend. Stuart Urquart developed into my captain on FM 12. Hes not a great world class player by any means, but all his stats make him to be a pretty good defender, expessially if given game time from an early age. Ive not started my annual rangers Fm save yet due to waiting for a patch. But honestly he could see me promoting him again very early.

Originally posted by DougyMarshall

Anybody having trouble defending long high balls?

It seems like a good 60% of the goals i conceed are from someone in midfield lobbing the ball up the pitch and my defenders becoming utterly useless as the opposition striker(s) latch on to it and round my keeper.

Each of my defenders have excellent aerial ability so its not a case of tall strikers simply out jumping them, and their physical stats mean they should not be getting caught out chasing the striker as he pulls away from them.

I haven't really had any problems. But I suggest either playing with an Anchorman or defensive midfielder to pick up runners from deep or just move your defensive line back a bit, so there is less space between your defence and goalkeeper for the opposition to exploit.

How are your defenders anticipation and composure? It may explain why they keep getting caught out.

Originally posted byTomTranmere

Anybody a few years i noticing ridiculously high transfer fees? My "tycoon" has given me £13.5M but not a lot can be done with that, players in leagues like the Austrian and Croatian are moving for £8M+

Yer, I've noticed a couple of crazy ones. At the end of the 1st season Tottenham bought Anita from Newcastle for £25m!

Originally posted bywardog

Just read the Opening posts. As a recommend. Stuart Urquart developed into my captain on FM 12. Hes not a great world class player by any means, but all his stats make him to be a pretty good defender, expessially if given game time from an early age. Ive not started my annual rangers Fm save yet due to waiting for a patch. But honestly he could see me promoting him again very early.

I think he's fantastic. Urquart got promoted to my first team at the end of the 1st season. Now in the 2nd season he is more often than not starting most of the games. I have high hopes for him, his technical abilities and physical abilities are brilliant. He just needs to improve on his mental attributes and could make a pretty solid SPL defender.

Hi guys, I managed to qualify for the League Cup final which will be against the Bhoys. Irregardless of the result, will I still be able to qualify for Europe because of any other lingering punishment imposed other than the transfer embargo? I'm not too familiar with the whole situation to be honest.

Hi guys, I managed to qualify for the League Cup final which will be against the Bhoys. Irregardless of the result, will I still be able to qualify for Europe because of any other lingering punishment imposed other than the transfer embargo? I'm not too familiar with the whole situation to be honest.

I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think Rangers aren't eligible for European competition for the 1st 3 seasons due the financial omnishambles they found themselves in last season.

The 3 year european ban is in place in the game, regardless you only get to qualify for europe via the Scottish Cup final, not the League Cup final.

I won the Scottish cup in the first season against Morton and it was they who got the european place because i was barred.

Edit: First of all, Rangers won the tax case appeal... Ahhh vindication is a sweet nectar.

seeing as people are commenting on transfers in their games here are some from my game...

Steven Fletcher: played a single season for Sunderland doing ok but not amazing, 18 goals in 38 games and a 6.95 rating then in 2013/14 Arsenal of all teams came in with a winning bid of £14.25m where he proceeded to warm the bench for 2 years making exactly 0 appearances in any game be it the league, cup or europe. Shockingly in 2015/16 Fulham then bought him for £6.25m, though to their credit he has scored 17 in 29 games for them thus far.

Jelavic moved from Everton to Spurs in 2014/15 for £17.5m, but he has not settled well and only scored 13 goals in the best part of 2 seasons.

Gareth Bale moved to the red half of Manchester for £28.5m in 2014/15 and has shone for them ever since, 23 goals in a season and a half.

Jamie Murphy got Motherwell a blinder of a deal when Norwich bought him for £7.5m in 2013/14 (after they won the SPL in my save).

So the first season back in the SPL ended in sweet success. Lifting the title with 2 games to spare and by 8 points from Celtic.

Of course we went out in the cups as seems to be our style but the possibility of champions league football and the ritches it brings meant I had some cash to go oout and spend over the summer. Here are the ins and outs of the Summer 2016 window:

Transfers Out

Vicente - Retired - Good servant in his year here, scored some vital goals

Grant, Kitchen, Chambers, Halkett, Bates, Wilson, Murdoch - FREE - some of the youth I have signed that have not kicked on.

Michael Johnson - AFC Wimbledon - £60,000 - Couldnt get into our midfield

Fraser Aird - St Mirren - LOAN - Think he will be off at the end of his contract tbh

Gareth Swattridge - Huddersfield -£750,000 - good business as he was heading for a free transfer

Darren Ramsay - Bristol Rovers - £100,000 - another who wasnt playing

Sebastien Faure- Aston Villa - £2.5million - The only transfer I regret as I wasnt able to get good defensive cover in

Guido Wittek - Bochum - £450,000 - Wasnt playing and was getting unsettled, goes with a 50% of next sale clause though

Andreas Lindschinger -Stoke - £50,000 - AML is packed so he was let go cheaply with the same clause as Wittek.

Transfers In

Alvaro Lopes - FREE - French regen MC

Thorgan Hazard - £1.5million - Chelsea - Incredible talent, after 5 games at AMC he is already averaging 7.8

Kurt Zebeda - Regen

Nico Keller - Regen

Leigh Griffiths - FREE - Wolves - Was on a 2 year loan before and impressed, so picked him up at the end of his contract

Dann Cooper Ngoyi - Regen, in part signed as him name is Cooper, and us bears do love that name.

Santi Cazorla - LOAN - Arsenal - £500,000 loan fee was acceptable to get this classy playmaker on loan for a year

Oriol Romeu - £850,000 - Chelsea - Crunching ball winning MC, great deal from Chelsea

Steven Defour - LOAN - Aston Villa - mainly brought in as a tutor but will cover for Romeu

Andy Carroll - FREE - Deadline day transfer to bring the big target man in

So far so good, qualified for the CL, unbeaten in the SPL and signing classy players to play beautiful football.

Our team against the sheep looked like this:

GK - Butland - Sweeper Keeper

DR - Hegarty - FB

DC - Perry - CD

DC - Gasparotto - CD

DL - Wallace - FB

MC - Cazorla - DLP

MC - Romeu - BWM

AMR - Templeton - IF

AMC - Hazard - AP

AML - Kotsch - IF

SC - Karadag - AF

Wondering if anyone else has given any gametime to this wee lad Burrows?? Decided when I had won the 3rd Div by about 25 points with about10 games still to go to blood some of the youngsters. Gave him 6 games and he got 4 goals inc a hatrick.

In 2nd Div now just gave him 4 games (2xsub),, and he has just scored another 2 ,, got a MOM,, and has also just been called up to the Dutch U-19's.

Best goal of the two,,, not bad composure for a 18 yr old lol

[video=youtube;g6tY1d3DKlM]

EDIT:,, Just gave him another game and thats another x2 goals,, so now 5 starts 5 goals ,, ,think he may be worth a proper run in the team :)

Nice stories here. I started one myself and it started of with some shaky performances while the squad got used to the tactics but now I am controlling and dominating the opponents like I should. Hopefully I can pick up some cheap talent next year. I am happy with the squad I have right now.

Won the Div3 and the 2 domestic trophies with the highlight being a 4-0 over Celtic in the League Cup final. Templeton, Shiels & McCulloch were the standout players in my 1st season. Currently searching around for a replacement for the departing Lichaj in my 2nd season.

i have been watching this thread instead of posting, lets start posting :)

first season, won the league, 36. 29 . 5 . 2 . +72 . 92pts

signed 1 player brittain from ross county,

second season, won the league & league cup, 36. 31 . 2 . 3 . +70 . 95pts

singed - Gavin Morrison,Filip Mentel,Barry Ferguson,Craig Sibbald

sold - Boca,Stella,Goian + a ******** of shity young players

third season, Got off to a shaky start although i have turned it around, im top of the league, 20. 10 . 6 . 4 . +20 . 36pts

signed - Barry Douglas,Brian McLean,Chris Johnston,Shane Sutherland,Nick Ross,Will Keane

sold - Dean Sheils,Ian Black,Argyriou & A ******** of **** youngsters

Alexander

Faure - Cole

McLean - Gassparotto

Perry - Hegerty

Wallace - Douglas

Brittain - Hutton

Ross - Ferguson

Ramsey - Johnston

Templeton - Sibbald

Keane - Mckay

Sutherland - Little - Sandaza

Got taken over at the start of the third season so hopefully they give me some cash for the SPL :)

Halfway through second season, is anyone finding it almost impossible to send youngsters on loan. I am offering clubs players on loan for 6 months etc. For no wage fee or no wage contribution?

Yep, not one team is interested. I just promoted the good ones to the reserves and first team to get some match experience. The bads have been left to rot in the under-18s. It's a tough life.

yeah alot of my players are out on loan now im in the first division, Macloed is the one im keeping my eye on at portsmouth, as soon as the season is finnished im gonna get him a new contract so i have him tied down for the spl

How is everyone doing in the spl ?

Coming to the end of the 2nd season. Just won the 2nd division title. Got a question for you fellow Rangers lads:

Should I renew Argyriou's contract?

My current back 4 is:

RB: Durnan (regen through the academy) (can also play CB)

CB: Faure

CB: Uruqhart (Can also play LB)

LB: Wallace

I also have Perry (RB/CB/LB), Yakubu (DC/DR) and Darren Mcgregor arriving over the summer (DC/DR).

So what I'm asking is.... Have any of you found a suitable replacement for Argyriou in League 1 and SPL? Or did you all keep him on. For me he has now dropped down to third choice RB after Durnan and Perry. And obviously McGregor is arriving in the summer who can play their too. The only reason I would consider keeping him is because of his flexibility being able to play before DR and DL. If I lose him I'll be a little short in LB position, but perhaps there is a better LB I can replace him with?

What are people's views?

Thanks

i didnt renew his contract, if you do need a right back buy duffie, although i play faure at right back, when i get in the spl i will switch him to the centre and find another rightback

Sorted in the RB department with Durnan, Perry, Yakubu and McGregor. It's the more the LB department that I'm worried about with Wallace as the only natural LB. Anyone got good suggestions for LB?

Won the champions league last night after 7 seasons in having spent a total of £13 million. To say I am delighted was an understatement. Average age of the team is 23 and I have mainly focused on regens in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Only players who I can recommend buying are Bolat a turkish goalie, Stephen Hendrie (Hamilton), Wooton (Man Utd), Faure who turns out to be a class act. Ibrahim from man city reserves and Thorgan Hazard.

Rest of my team are regens and 3 of them I signed while in the 2nd division.

Division 2 DONE,, won by a mere 33 points lol. So now onto the 1st and perhaps time now to bring in some new faces as Jig and Boca are retiring,,, so should have some spare wage cash at least. That wee lad Jamie Burrows is worth a go then,,, I gave him from half way through the 2nd Div and his stats just keep going up,, his goals record ended 24 played 17 goals 8 asst's and 5 MOM's. Him and McKay have good partnership now with McKay getting 15 as well whilst playing together.

Season 4 complete:

SPL: 1st, 29 wins, 7 draws, 2 losses (4 draws and 2 losses are from McCoist taking over when i won the league), Celtic 2nd 19 points behind and Aberdeen relegated.

SC: Lost to Celtic in qtr final, was 2-0 up then Faure scored 2 OG's and some random celtic player scored at the death for it to end 3-2.

SLC: Lost to hearts in the final deservedly.

Top 5 players:

1. Sebastien Faure, 46(2) games, 7 goals, 1 assist, 7.60 rating

2. Stephen McNamee ®, 42(2) games, 31 goals, 14 assists, 7.58 rating

3. Alan Rafferty ®, 23(12) games, 22 goals, 6 assists, 7.48 rating

4. Daryl Finlay ®, 18(12) games, 2 goals, 1 assist, 7.40 rating

5. Alan Hutton, 36(4) games, 13 goals, 7 assists, 7.40 rating

Picked up a few regens including a lad i loaned from Lille then managed to buy at the end of the season, have high hopes for him.

TjxzY.png

Just really need a WBL now, everything else is either covered or will be with my regens coming through more.

Well after cutting back the wages in Div 2 and offering lower deals ,, with also jig, kyle and boca all retiring I thought I might have some cash to finally buy some players,,, instead the board drop my wage budget from 90k to 70k,,,,so all those savings not worth jack,, honestly sometimes this game just pisses you right off lol,,, and they slashed the transfer sale % down to about 10%,,, so no point selling anyone either,, and ALL the board finance options are greyed out so they aint willing to discuss it either lol.

Im now worse off than I was in Div2 and 3 !!,, ,really thought they might have backed me more for the push back to the SPL. I havent bought any players yet,, only used youth and cut wages,, but my transfer budget still a whopping 80k,,, oh well my kids are all fairly good now,, so should make the push anyways.

Hi all. started my game with the Gers the other day. currently leading div 3 by about 20 odd points with about 26 games played. I'll put up a proper update when i finish the season.

For anyone starting out i highly recomend Adam Le Fondre form Reading on loan. I got him on a 2 yr loan with no fee/wages. Currently he has 20 goals in 16 apps, would be more but i am blooding a few youngsters throughout the season.

Sooooo it's been along while since I've done an update on my save. So long, that I'm two season behind. So here we go

2012-2013 SEASON SUMMARY

TRANFERS

The season went well. I began the season and was mostly happy with the squad, however I did bring in a couple of new faces.

2012-2013transfers.jpg

IN

I brought in Sidibe on the final day of the season to strengthen the front. I was unhappy with the penetration the team and thought that bringing in a massive targetman might change things. It did. Cracking deal for the club as he came in from a EPL club and I didn't have to pay any wages or loan fee.

Makombo-Eboma came in a a long-term option upfront and got a few games in the first team. Mostly substitute appearances.

Brittain came in for 70k and proved to be a key player for the team. He took up the role of the midfield motor-house and played well as Box-to-box midfielder. Still a key player for the team 3 seasons in.

Yakubu was brought in on a free as I was unhappy with the RB position. Yakubu came in with fantastic mental attributes and was easily first choice RB for the campaign. Formed a brilliant partnership with Sidibe with Yakubu providing many of the crosses for Sidibe's goals.

OUT

I moved Gasparotto on as I couldn't see him making the first team.

TACTICS

My favoured tactics are a 4-3-3- formation. Which can be seen in the best 11 picture below. This formation allows me team to press high, promotes a fluid style and has pace on the wings which supports a big targetman upfront or someone with a bit of pace. It worked well and the team of the season can be seen below:

2012-2013best11.jpg

SEASON SUMMARY

We finished the season as Division 3 Champions and on a total of 90 points. The team took a while to get used to my tactics, but once they did it went well.

We also were made champions of the Challenge Cup, extra silverware is never a problem. But we crashed out to St Johnstone in both the Leauge and Scottish Cup which was disappointing.

Whilst Sidibe was the topscorer overall with 23 goals in 27 appearances and finished with the highest rating of 7.59, it was Kal Naismith who got voted player of the year. Naismith finished the season with 19 goals and 17 assists from 47 appearances and a rating 7.46. Templeton also played well and topped the league chart assists with 19 assists from the right wing.

Top five players of the season as follows:

1) - Sidibe 7.57

2) - Kal Naismith 7.46

3) - David Templeton 7.28

4) - Lee Walace 7.27

5) - Sebastian Faure - 7.22

So, overall a decent season.

2013 - 2014 SEASON SUMMARY

Another season, another promotion and another season as champions. But this time no extra silverware.

TRANSFERS

2013-2014transfers.jpg

IN

Sidibe returned to the club, but this time was picked up for a free transfer. Very happy to bring him back.

Mbele came to the club on loan in January to provide cover for the flanks as we were having a bit of injury crisis at the time.

OUT

Goain came back from loan, but was quickly sold to Blackpool for a fee of £500k.

It was the same story with Bocangegra who after returning from loan was sold to Aston Villa for £170k.

I had to get rid of both of them as they ate too much wages and weren't in my first team plans.

Darren Cole also left on a free. I would have liked to keep him as cover. But he didn't want to sign a new contract, so off he went.

Chris Hegarty also left for a poor £14k due to the administration bug. Would have liked to keep him too, but it was not to be.

TACTICS

Tactics remained the same as the previous season. Although a few players lost their starting positions.

McCulloch lost his role as the Deep lying Playmaker to Ian Black. Yakubu was losing his legs, so Ross Perry was shifted to Right-back, with Stuart Urquhart coming in at Centre-back. Sidibe also lost his place upfront to a rapidly developing Makombo-Eboma who went on to lead the line with some decisive finishing.

SEASON SUMMARY

We were made the Second Division Champions after finishing the league with 92 points. Oddly enough, I found this league campaign easier than, though the same cannot be said for the cups. I crashed out of the Challenge Cup when playing youth in an unfamiliar formation. In the league cup I was defeated once again by St Johnstone after the game went to penalties. In the Scottish cup lost to the arch-rivals Celtic 2-0 at Parkhead. This was a shame.

The best part of the season was without shadow of a doubt the individual performances of the players. Kal Naismith was once again voted Player of the Season and Fans player of the season again. He finished with an average rating of 7.46 and 40 appearance combined with 13 goals and 22 assists. Makombo-Eboma finished the top goalscorer with 25 goals. Other highlights of the season was Urquhart receiving his first call up to the Scottish National team, although is his still to receive his first cap. As well as the promotion of youth prospects Ally Durnan (RB) and Joe Barclay (GK) to the first team. Both players played well and were regularly making starts for the club. I have high hopes for them in the future.

Ally Durnan:

Durnan2014.jpg

Joe Barclay:

Barclay2014.jpg

Top five players of the season:

1) - Kal Naismith 7.46

2) - David Templeton 7.43

3) - Noel Makombo-Eboma 7.35

4) - Sebastian Faure 7.28

5) - Stuart Urquhart 7.26

The icing on the cake at the end of the season was that our reputation increased so much that we are now the most reputable team in Scotland. Eat that Celtic :lol:

Steam rolled the third division scoring 116 goals,98 points and won the Scottish cup beating Celtic in the QF 1-0. I started off by leaving the squad alone,added a couple of loans and a few scouts for the future, than hired a director of football and handed him the areas he needs to handle along with the chief scout,so I can concentrate on the team and it works. At the end of my transfer embargo, my DOF got me some good players in and we go from strength to strength, the only downside being a 1-0 defeat to my second favourite scottish team,Airdrie after a run of 34 games without losing. I aim to win this league and league one to take the preimer league first season.

2014-2015 SEASON SO FAR

I came into this season with high hopes for the future. I'd managed the clubs finances well and was well below the wage limit. However things took a turn for the worse. For the second time in two seasons the club had wasted £4 million on trying to improve the youth facilities but failed. This was £8 million down the hole and it was hurting the club badly. The club was slipping closer to administration. However luckily rumours started surfacing of a possible takeover. And so as we entered the Summer transfer window the club was subjected to a takeover bid. I was hoping for some rich Arabian.... but it was not to be. The club was taken over by a consortium, who took out a £5 million loan in the process. Ouch.

More annoyingly they cut my wage budget from £120,000 p/w to £85,000 p/w. This resulted a complete rehaul of the squad.

TRANSFERS

2014-2015TRANSFERS.jpg

I'm going to start with who left the club first, as that dictated a lot of about who I was bringing in.

OUT

Lee McCulloch, club captain called it a day on a fantastic career and retired.

Andy Little and Sidibe left as they weren't getting enough games.

I loaned Hutton out to Doncaster to help his development as he wasn't playing enough games for me.

Cribari also retired as he wasn't getting enough games. It was good to have his huge wages off the wage budget.

Finally, I decided to sell Lee Walace as he was also on big wages and I felt I could use the money raised from his sale to strengthen the club in key areas. He left for Wolves for a nice £3.5 million all upfront.

IN

At lot of players has left the club, so a big rebuild was on the go.

Marlon Pack came in for free to compete for the deep lying playmaker spot with Ian Black. He's a direct replacement for Lee McCulloch.

In came Darren McGregor, also on a free to give cover for CB and RB.

To replace Lee Wallace, Stephen Hendrie came in for £300k from Hamilton. I have high hopes from him for the future as he's only 19 years old. Rhoys Wiggins also came in from Norwich on loan, no wages or loan fee are being paid so I'm happy.

To compete with Templeton and Naismith on the wings I've brought in Gareth McCleary andDiogo Rosado on loans from Reading and Blackburn. Like Wiggins that have came in without me having to pay their wages or a loan fee. So once again very happy.

The marquee signing was without a doubt Eyong Enoh who came in from Ajax for £900k. He's the new midfielder destroyer and key to any success I now have in the cups.

TACTICS

I am now using two sets of tactics, one for home and one for away. It's working well so far.

HOME TACTICS

These tactics are the same tactics I've been using for the previous 2 seasons. Very good and passes teams to death. Below you can see my first 11.

2014-2015hometactics.jpg

AWAY TACTICS

2014-2015awaytransfers.jpg

The formation is slightly different but so are a few of the players.

In my away tactics I favour Neil Alexander in goal over Joe Barclay as he has more experience. And it is the same situation at Right-back, where I bring in Ross Perry, in favour of Ally Durnan. At Left back I bring in Hendrie for Wiggins as Hendrie is slightly better defensively.

The final change is in midfield where Enoh comes in for Pack to shield the defence.

In general this formation retains the attacking trio of Naismith, Templeton and Makomo-Eboma, but tightens up defence a little more. This formtation is slightly more counter-attacking from my home formation.

I'm only a few games into the season, but so far so good. I'm very happy with the progression of Makombo-Eboma and Stuart Urquhart, who you can see below:

Makombo-Eboma:

Makombo-Eboma2014-1015.jpg

Stuart Urquhart:

Urquhart2014-2015.jpg

Archived