FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Well after cutting back the wages in Div 2 and offering lower deals ,, with also jig, kyle and boca all retiring I thought I might have some cash to finally buy some players,,, instead the board drop my wage budget from 90k to 70k,,,,so all those savings not worth jack,, honestly sometimes this game just pisses you right off lol,,, and they slashed the transfer sale % down to about 10%,,, so no point selling anyone either,, and ALL the board finance options are greyed out so they aint willing to discuss it either lol.

Im now worse off than I was in Div2 and 3 !!,, ,really thought they might have backed me more for the push back to the SPL. I havent bought any players yet,, only used youth and cut wages,, but my transfer budget still a whopping 80k,,, oh well my kids are all fairly good now,, so should make the push anyways.

Looks like we had exactly the same problems mate, ha ha hha

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post here and I'm throwing my hands up and saying I've no idea what to do in terms of staffing.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Currently only have Kenny McDowall as assistant, Billy Kirkwood as U19 manager, Ian Durrant as a coach, Jim Stewart as goalkeeping coach and Adam Owen as fitness coach.

Looks like we had exactly the same problems mate, ha ha hha

Aye haha,, had a wee read through yer post and was thinking the same,,, except at least you had a wage budget of 120k,, can't remember what I had in 3rd Div but in D2 it was only 90k,,, thought I had done well keeping most of the squad and cutting back on new contract deals,, only for them to slash the budget by another 20k lol,,,

Still the one positive I have is now my scouting range includes Europe,,, but just to annoy me my scouts are only just finding players as the deadline approaches lol,,,, think my euro scout has found about 8 so far ,and the Scandinavia search two,, , and yep all unrealistic transfers first or ones that wont get a WP lol.

Squad wise I managed to add a wee 17yr old Dutch AM (Berguis) for 50k from PSV last season (just so as I bought someone during the embargo),, and this season I got a wee 19yr old Belgian all round midfielder (januzaj) on a 2yr loan with 500k option to buy from Man Unt,, so at least I can get a season in the SPL with him too,, and Man Unt pay all his wages so win win :) . Also picked up Ben Davies LB from Swansea on a free transfer just in case I let Wallace go or if he stays and is unhappy all season and it affects his performances.

Havent sold anyone as my % back from sales is like 5% or something,, gave McCulloch a job as a U19 coach but Boca wasnt interested in coach wages.

Still a couple of days left to get at least one more in,, probably a DM,, but maybe another forward. McKay and Burrows play well together but sandaza is a bit hit and miss for me (realistic i guess lol),,only leaves little and Naismith after that ,,so if I get injuries up front could struggle.

Choices choices

First post here and I'm throwing my hands up and saying I've no idea what to do in terms of staffing.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Currently only have Kenny McDowall as assistant, Billy Kirkwood as U19 manager, Ian Durrant as a coach, Jim Stewart as goalkeeping coach and Adam Owen as fitness coach.

i just hired a director of football to deal with that. I only hired my assistant, DOF & chief scout.

Aye haha,, had a wee read through yer post and was thinking the same,,, except at least you had a wage budget of 120k,, can't remember what I had in 3rd Div but in D2 it was only 90k,,, thought I had done well keeping most of the squad and cutting back on new contract deals,, only for them to slash the budget by another 20k lol,,,

Still the one positive I have is now my scouting range includes Europe,,, but just to annoy me my scouts are only just finding players as the deadline approaches lol,,,, think my euro scout has found about 8 so far ,and the Scandinavia search two,, , and yep all unrealistic transfers first or ones that wont get a WP lol.

Squad wise I managed to add a wee 17yr old Dutch AM (Berguis) for 50k from PSV last season (just so as I bought someone during the embargo),, and this season I got a wee 19yr old Belgian all round midfielder (januzaj) on a 2yr loan with 500k option to buy from Man Unt,, so at least I can get a season in the SPL with him too,, and Man Unt pay all his wages so win win :) . Also picked up Ben Davies LB from Swansea on a free transfer just in case I let Wallace go or if he stays and is unhappy all season and it affects his performances.

Havent sold anyone as my % back from sales is like 5% or something,, gave McCulloch a job as a U19 coach but Boca wasnt interested in coach wages.

Still a couple of days left to get at least one more in,, probably a DM,, but maybe another forward. McKay and Burrows play well together but sandaza is a bit hit and miss for me (realistic i guess lol),,only leaves little and Naismith after that ,,so if I get injuries up front could struggle.

Choices choices

Aye, my scouts were useless too. Majority of the players I signed were ones I scouted out personally. But then again that is my preferred method as I feel it usually finds players the scouts miss.

Are you going to let Wallace go on a free? I'd sell him and get some good money for him or negotiate a new good contract. Personally I didn't mind selling him, although he played well for me I prefer LB's that like to get forward a bit more. I've been very happy with Rhoys Wiggins who I've brought in on loan from Norwich. His contract is out next season so I may see if I can get him on a free then :)

I tried to give McCulloch a job as a coach, but I've already maxed my coach quota so the board cancelled my offer.

Get anymore players in?

Started a Rangers save as I have been sacked 6 times out of 6 so far on FM13. Needed a boost to my self esteem. PLaying a 4-5-1 with 2CMS, 1 DM and 2 Wingers.

In:

Zanetti

Yeats (AMR) On loan doing very well

Doherty (DR) Loan very good youngster

Michael Johnson Loan, doing ok

Prince Bauben (Loan, bossing the midfield)

Rob Hulse (Loan, scoring for fun)

Coady (DMC Loan, doing well)

Andresen (GK, Loan, doing very well)

Ben Smith, DL, Loan, good backup

Tulasne - free transfer - signing of the season so far

Faure, Wallace and the Brazilian ald are the defenders.

I've won 11 out of 11 in the league. Got beaten by Celtic in one of the cups.

Right so thats the 1st season over in Div 3. Won the league comfortably enough. was tight up until the last 1/4 of the season as i used a lot of the youngsters in quite a few games.

I was going to do a proper season update but will probably wait till i finish season 2 as they will both probably be pretty similar to everyone elses.

One thing of note was Kal Naismith featuring in the AML pos regularly after Templeton was injured for 8 months early on. I have to say he was pretty good in that pos, Avg 7.32 with 9 assists & 4 goals.

Aye, my scouts were useless too. Majority of the players I signed were ones I scouted out personally. But then again that is my preferred method as I feel it usually finds players the scouts miss.

Are you going to let Wallace go on a free? I'd sell him and get some good money for him or negotiate a new good contract. Personally I didn't mind selling him, although he played well for me I prefer LB's that like to get forward a bit more. I've been very happy with Rhoys Wiggins who I've brought in on loan from Norwich. His contract is out next season so I may see if I can get him on a free then :)

I tried to give McCulloch a job as a coach, but I've already maxed my coach quota so the board cancelled my offer.

Get anymore players in?

Already got Lee Wallace tied down on a deal for another 3yrs until 2017 (must have got him to extend at some point between hissy fits),, hopefully he will become more settled once back in the SPL,, hope so as templeton starting to ask similar questions.

I Did sign another couple ,, got Tom Taiwo from hibs for about 100k over 4 yrs,, felt I might need an anchor man as Ian Black is asking for about 15k a week to renew ,, also added some wee free transfer young Ghanaian striker called asante,, only 21 but had a 15 for pace already and 12/13 finishing,, played a couple of times as sub and has scored a couple already ,, may be a decent wee stand in.

Im in December now and also just agreed a 6k a week deal to sign Johnny Russell from Scumdee Unt ,, good to see them in the 1st Div and sitting 3rd now after we just humped em 3-1 at Ibrox lol. Think I will use him in SPL and possibly get rid of sandaza,, unless he suddenly improves lol,, at least Russell can play on the wings as well. Also just got another freebie,, a young 20yr old GK from Congo called Brice Samba,,, better than the other 2nd or 3rd choice keepers we have so again another decent backup for free.

Sitting top of the 1st right now by about 3 or 4 and about 10 off of Dundee Unt in 3rd,,, McKay leading the goal Div scoring charts with 15 goals from 12 games in the lg,,, Burrows on about 14 total and 10 in the lg

Wee Darren Ramsey has also been a revelation for me in the lower divs since coming in during the 2nd Div. Gasparotto too another good home grown player ,, has already 4 goals in 10 games this season and stats just keep rising.

Fairly happy with the squad now,, good young squad that have all been blooded right through with a couple of experienced heads around to keep the mix right,, don't know what I will be given to play with in the SPL,, no rumors of takeovers or anything yet,,, but I would take my current squad into it as is if need be. :)

Just had my best game there ,, played away to Dunfermline who were 2nd placed ,, down 2-0 at half time. Went mental and gave em a full on aggressive one way conversation at half time,, changed some tactics ,, made a sub,,, and BANG came back in 2nd half to win 5-2 !!

Another McKay hat trick lol :)

The Pars -- Stunned :)

Hi there,

I've recently started a save game with Rangers, and I'm now in March of my first season. I won the division I'm in (third) - it was easy. I have read through these pages to see what you all have done. I have never managed a club outside England - infact I've never managed another team other than Newcastle since CM 02/03, and I see Rangers (Gers?) as a nice little challenge. So I'm glad for any tips regarding the quality of the teams I will meet up and till the highest division.

Which of the backroom staff did you guys decide to keep after season 1?

Hi Maze,,I kept most of the staff thats already there tbh,,,with exception of a couple of new scouts. They aint great but lets face it the quality of the type you will be able to attract whilst in the lower Divs wont be great anyway. I appointed Sandy Jardine as DOF,so you can leave him to do that if you like,,, but caution I left him a free hand and he started signing scouts with a 10 for JP JA !!,, ,, so soon changed that. He does do well tho getting fringe players loan deals which is handy.

As for the quality you will come up against ,, I didnt find it too hard in game tbh,, won 3rd easy and 2nd by 33points as well. I'm now in 1st and although I got Dunfermiline and Dundee Unt in it,,, I have won it now and still have 5 or 6 games left.

The only thing I got wrong was the Cups,, dont know what it was but I always got to the quarter or semi of the Scot Cup and go out in the 2nd or 3rd round of the others,, still the lg and getting back up was my priority anyways.

I never even signed any players (bar one 17yr old in Div 2) until I got to the 1st Div. The youngsters are good enough,,, Burrows, McKay, Hutton, Gasparotto, Macleod, Ramsey all good. :)

Good luck with your save

Excellent!! i have just won the 2nd division on FEB 22nd. i thought it would be easy but not this easy.

Although i did screw up in the league cup. Got to the semi-final & was playing St Johnstone. for the 2-3 2nd Div matches before i decided to play the young lads to give the 1st teamers a breather. only problem was that i got caught up watching that drama 56up and forgot to put the1st teamers in for the semi final and got beat 2-1. :-(

Trueblue: thank you so much for your long reply. I have taken onboard a lot of your tips, I kept most of the backroom staff, and appointed Sandy Jardine as DOF. I also decided to add some more quality at lower wages, and too my surprise Ally McCoist came back to be my assistant manager!

The transfer embargo wasn't too bad, as soon as it was lifted I brought in a lot of players on "free loan", having Leroy Lita and Andy Johnson on top, and fast wingers on the sides. I'm well inside the wage budget, but my squad is too big, so I'll cut back on that.

craigy18181: I'll return to this thread and I'll have a look at your recommendations when I load the game. I haven't found or attracted any decent regens yet :-( Hope they come by next season!

Trueblue: thank you so much for your long reply. I have taken onboard a lot of your tips, I kept most of the backroom staff, and appointed Sandy Jardine as DOF. I also decided to add some more quality at lower wages, and too my surprise Ally McCoist came back to be my assistant manager!

The transfer embargo wasn't too bad, as soon as it was lifted I brought in a lot of players on "free loan", having Leroy Lita and Andy Johnson on top, and fast wingers on the sides. I'm well inside the wage budget, but my squad is too big, so I'll cut back on that.

craigy18181: I'll return to this thread and I'll have a look at your recommendations when I load the game. I haven't found or attracted any decent regens yet :-( Hope they come by next season!

I'll second Stephen Hendrie, immense for me too. I'll also recommend Noel Makombo-Eboma from Alloa. He is immense, dirt cheap and will be good enough for you in Europe if you develop him correctly.

One more game to play in the Second Division. Won it about the first week in March and I am 33 points ahead of Cowdenbeath, undefeated and not conceded in 12 league games.

Try and play as many players who have came through the ranks as possible with Aird, Naismith, Mckay and Gasparatto regular starters, with Mckay winning PotY in the Third Division. McLeod and Hutton dont get much of a game as I play Black and a youngster called Tunnicliffe. I signed Jason Roberts just before January and he has 23 goals, great signing for free. Just went through a takeover aswell so will have a £3m budget for the first division.

Well back now in the SPL ,,and the Board just gave me a mere 160K of a transfer Budget!! A little disappointed tbh after all the saving I did ,,,but my youngsters will at least get a crack,, , honestly for that money there's not much going to be available thats going to be any better than what I have already :(

McKay finished well tho,, 37 goals from him in 32 app's in the 1st Div and player of the year,,, should do well hopefully along side Russell

I wished the attendance figures got addressed. Average attendance of 37000, when you have 37000 ST holders. iRL it's in the high 40k's.

In Div 3 I'm losing around £1-1.5mil each month, meaning I will have an overdraft of around 3mil come end of season.

Not sure whether I should sell players now, being mid season window, or wait till start of next season so I add to my budget.

So many players I don't need as the youngster are fully capable of playing against any div1-3 side. I got Herd and Mackie on free loans, for 2 seasons so that saves me a huge amount of money.

Looking at selling Shiels, Cribari, Sandaza, Kyle then the bunch of youngster that get released come end of season.

I may sell Wallace if I get Hendrie in.

Hoping for a good youth intake as I will be focusing on them over my long term save.

Also, have Gauld on a 2 season loan, with option to buy. He played great in my first Rangers save (got corrupted). In that first save I poached quite a few newgens from Scottish clubs so I will be doing the same. Buy young, cheap contracts, then sell on if needed.

Originally posted by maze

tmason: Stephen Hendrie looks real good. He's worth £50K, but they are not willing to sell when I enquire.

craigy18181: Andy Ryan has been sold to Motherwell (?) for £150K

Hendrie cost me about £300k when I bought him, but he was worth more than 50k when I put my bid in. I guess that sounds expensive but I had just sold Lee Walace for £3.5 million to Wolves so I had the cash to spend.

Originally posted by Ryknow

I wished the attendance figures got addressed. Average attendance of 37000, when you have 37000 ST holders. iRL it's in the high 40k's.

In Div 3 I'm losing around £1-1.5mil each month, meaning I will have an overdraft of around 3mil come end of season.

Not sure whether I should sell players now, being mid season window, or wait till start of next season so I add to my budget.

So many players I don't need as the youngster are fully capable of playing against any div1-3 side. I got Herd and Mackie on free loans, for 2 seasons so that saves me a huge amount of money.

Looking at selling Shiels, Cribari, Sandaza, Kyle then the bunch of youngster that get released come end of season.

I may sell Wallace if I get Hendrie in.

Hoping for a good youth intake as I will be focusing on them over my long term save.

Also, have Gauld on a 2 season loan, with option to buy. He played great in my first Rangers save (got corrupted). In that first save I poached quite a few newgens from Scottish clubs so I will be doing the same. Buy young, cheap contracts, then sell on if needed.

Don't worry so much. Like fuzzrab said, come the beginning of season 2 you'll be back in the black. As long as you haven't done anything stupid like exceed your wage budge or brought in a load of players on 48 month payment transfers you'll be fine. Just don't expect to have huge transfer budgets to play with in each transfer window.

Yeah my first corrupt save I got to the start of second season. The season tickets brought the balance into around 8mil, so losing a mil each month would make the overdraft even greater after that season, and more the next. I guess the main goal is SPL asap, European football, and selling on youngsters.

Also, anyone find any contract issues?

Not sure if it's a bug or an actual rule, but I offered Gasparotto a new deal, the longest I could offer was till 2015.

Same with Burrows.

Naismith was fine, 5 year till 2017.

My guess is players U17 can only be offered 3 year contracts??

Ok so i have just finished season 2 and won the 2nd div comfortably. time for an update for both seasons.

Season 1 – 3rd division

League

Pl: 36 w: 27 dr:3 l:6 – pts 84

I was pleased enough with this season. It could have been a lot better but I used a lot of the young players so I could rest the stars for the big games.

Cups

Challenge cup – lost 2-1 to Falkirk in second round

League cup – lost 1-0 to St Mirren in 2nd round

Scottish cup – lost 1-0 to Hearts in the semi final

Transfers in

Mauricio Alves – free

Adam Le Fondre – reading – 2 yr loan (no wages/fee

Noel Makombo – Alloa (Jan window) 14k

Scott Morrisson – free

Players out

No one.

Players of note

Adam Le Fondre: Pl: 29 gls: 32 asst: 10 avg rat: 7.90

Mauricio Alves: Pl: 31 gls: 21 asst: 12 avg rat: 7.57

Ian Black: Pl: 31 gls: 6 asst: 18 avg rat: 7.44

Season 2 – 2nd division

League

Pl: 36 w: 30 dr:4 l:2 – pts 94

Pretty good season. I won the league by Feb and was able to use quite a few young lads throughout the season as well

Cups

Challenge cup – lost 2-1 to Falkirk in semi final

League cup – lost 2-1 to St Johnstone in semi final (I should have won but left in my reserve team from previous fixture by mistake. Beat Celtic 3-2 along the way though)

Scottish cup – lost 2-1 Celtic in the final

Transfers in

Steven Whittaker – 2yr loan no wages/fee (Jan window)

Andre Amougou - free

Players out

Bocanegra – Bordeaux – free

Goian – 500k – Al-ittihad

Kyle Hutton – port vale – 65k

Cribari – Novara – free

Blair Currie – Northampton – 12k

Plus all the young lad basically

Players of note

Adam Le Fondre: Pl: 34 gls: 46 asst: 17 avg rat: 8.13

Mauricio Alves: Pl: 35 gls: 24 asst: 23 avg rat: 7.72

Ian Black: Pl: 36 gls: 9 asst: 15 avg rat: 7.26

Sebastien Faure: Pl: 29 gls: 5 asst: 0 avg rat: 7.57

Next season goals

I hope to add a few players and get rid of a few lads, notably Lee McCulloch as he is pats it, then hopefully win the league and get back to the SPL.

I have James Berrett & Jose Baxter coming in on frees so hopefully they can make an impact and get us up the leagues.

On a side note the finances are pretty dire I am 3 mill in the red at the end of the 2nd season

Just starting my 2nd season, got quite a few newgens I poached from other Scottish clubs, paying no more than 60k each. Got some bargains for £22k, 3+ star PA rating. They will act as backup to my first team and come on as subs to get experience, and hopefully be developing nicely when we reach the SPL. I got a 4.5 star PA DC and a 4-5star PA ST through my academy. The PA star ratings are all over the place, and scouts rate a player 5 star but when you trial him, he becomes 3 star. I offer 4 week long trials to any youth I'm going to buy so I get a proper look at them.

This transfer embargo sucks though. I really need some experience in and there are a tonne of free players to choose from but I can't approach them.

Can you register a player you get on free, outside the window?? I know in last FM German registration only took place during the windows. I'm planning to leave some spots and snap some players up if there are any left when the embargo finishes.

At what point do you get to expand the scouting range?

It's mainly so more staff show up. I recently got a Italian Assitant, now heaps of Italians are showing up in the staff search. Really need that knowledge to expand.

At what point does the board actually find a parent club?

My scouting range seems to have improved now that i am in the 1st div. i can now scout Europe.

Not sure about the parent club as i haven't asked for one. i suspect though that the board will most likely believe that the club has too big a stature to be a feeder club and that you will never get a parent club.

Just starting my 2nd season, got quite a few newgens I poached from other Scottish clubs, paying no more than 60k each. Got some bargains for £22k, 3+ star PA rating. They will act as backup to my first team and come on as subs to get experience, and hopefully be developing nicely when we reach the SPL. I got a 4.5 star PA DC and a 4-5star PA ST through my academy. The PA star ratings are all over the place, and scouts rate a player 5 star but when you trial him, he becomes 3 star. I offer 4 week long trials to any youth I'm going to buy so I get a proper look at them.

This transfer embargo sucks though. I really need some experience in and there are a tonne of free players to choose from but I can't approach them.

Can you register a player you get on free, outside the window?? I know in last FM German registration only took place during the windows. I'm planning to leave some spots and snap some players up if there are any left when the embargo finishes.

At what point do you get to expand the scouting range?

It's mainly so more staff show up. I recently got a Italian Assitant, now heaps of Italians are showing up in the staff search. Really need that knowledge to expand.

At what point does the board actually find a parent club?

Scouting range expanded 20 june 2014.

Just had my scouting range at the start of my return to the SPL extended to include everywhere now. On a budget of 160k its like insult to injury,,, can send scout to Brazil etc but the kind of players I can realistically afford are no where near getting a work permit lol. On a list of 108 players only 3 are EU citizens and all too expensive lol

Anyone else noticed player value dropping in the SPL. Its my first season back in and have played 9 games. So far wallace has dropped to about 500k,, Johnny Russell that I got for free but I know he was worth a couple of mil is now only 925k,, the 2 players I brought in on loan Distel Zola was worth 2 or 3 mil,, 9 games and he now valued at 200K,, the other Jiloan Hamad was 1 or 2 mil,, now 300k !!!

How can the likes of wallace be worth more in the lower divs ?? and I'm sitting in 2nd place so its not a poor run of form either ,,, confused . com ???

Anyone else noticed player value dropping in the SPL. Its my first season back in and have played 9 games. So far wallace has dropped to about 500k,, Johnny Russell that I got for free but I know he was worth a couple of mil is now only 925k,, the 2 players I brought in on loan Distel Zola was worth 2 or 3 mil,, 9 games and he now valued at 200K,, the other Jiloan Hamad was 1 or 2 mil,, now 300k !!!

How can the likes of wallace be worth more in the lower divs ?? and I'm sitting in 2nd place so its not a poor run of form either ,,, confused . com ???

Yepp, I've seen price-drops on several occasions. Maybe a bug, or does it have something to do with reputation of the Scottish leagues?

Yepp, I've seen price-drops on several occasions. Maybe a bug, or does it have something to do with reputation of the Scottish leagues?

There was a bug like this in the SPL in a previous FM,, cant remember now what one. Possibly the scot lgs,, but why would they be worth more in the lower divs than the SPL ????

I will ask the question in the bug forum

My scouting range seems to have improved now that i am in the 1st div. i can now scout Europe.

Not sure about the parent club as i haven't asked for one. i suspect though that the board will most likely believe that the club has too big a stature to be a feeder club and that you will never get a parent club.

I asked for a parent club when in division 3 and I was given a straight no by the board. I have been taken over since then, but now that I'm nearly in the SPL I don't want a parent club.... don't want anyone coming in to poach my players on the cheap.

Originally posted by fuzzrab

I just had to sell Gasporotto (SP?) i was offered 1mill plus 50% of the next transfer for him. for a club in div 1 thats a hell of a lot of money. Urqugart will get his place in the reserves/back up team.

I'd got for it. Urquhart is immense for me at CB. I'm currently in division one and he is getting called up to the senior Scottish squad every game. He's brilliant.

Just secured Jamie Ness & John Fleck on a free transfer for my return to the SPL next season. I debated for a while over wether to let them back into the club but decided i needed all the help i can get in the SPL.

Second season, transfer embargo finally over.

Added Bardsley, Ness and Bannan to the squad on 1 year free loan deals. Will add some quality and experience to my youth. Haven't played since I captured those 3 though.

Got my wage budget down to £70k pw, and added quite a few talented newgens to the squad. Played 5 league games so far and haven't conceded, and score 3+ per match. Best was a 7-0 win on opening day.

This is a result from changing to my 4-4-2 formation.

I can get Russell for £2mil, but I really don't want to spend much money while still in the Scottish Divs. I'm always far too ambitious when I play as Rangers, but this version I'm definitly more strict about the finances.

Trying to blitz this save till I hit the SPL, but still takes me longer than I would like. Put league matches on key, unless losing, drawing, or I want to see new changes/youth play.

Was tempted to sell McCulloch and Wallace, but Jig still is captain and I now need Wallace to play LM. Probably move Wallace on while in div1 as Hendrie is coming along very well.

Season 3 – 1st division

League

Pl: 36 w: 25 dr:4 l:7 – pts 79

Wasn’t the best season but promotion was achieved in the end which was the main thing.

Cups

Challenge cup – Beat Dunfermline 5-0 in the final

League cup – lost 1-0 to Dundee Untd in the 3rd round

Scottish cup – lost 3-2 to Motherwell in the quarter finals

Transfers in

James Berrett – free

Jose Baxter – free

Curtis Haley – loan (no wages/fee)

Plus a few young lads from the HOYD

Players out

Gasparotto – Partizan – 1mill + 50% next transfer

McCulloch – released

Plus lots of young lads

Players of note

Barrie McKay: Pl: 23(10) gls: 22 asst: 8 avg rat: 7.42

Mauricio Alves: Pl: 37 gls: 21 asst: 20 avg rat: 7.45

David Templeton: Pl: 35 gls: 4 asst: 17 avg rat: 7.13

Sebastien Faure: Pl: 38 gls: 2 asst: 1 avg rat: 7.52

Ross Perry: Pl: 23 gls: 5 asst: 0 avg rat: 7.51

Next season goals

Hopefully challenge Celtic for the SPL. Jamie Ness & John Fleck coming back should add some quality to the team.

Had played 4 seasons getting promoted and into the SPL all at first attempy, but was getting a bit bored

SO

Like in previous years, I put both Rangers and Celtic into the premiership for a new challenge, pretty massibve challenge this year! Not had too bad a start, losing heabvily to man city and tottenham, but competing well against the likes of Swansea, Norwich and QPR.

Managed to make a few free transfer signings - Noselli, Skacel, Beye, cleared the likes of cribari, agriou and kyle out on mutual terminations to make some space for wages!

Got TomHately for £600k but he got injured on debut for 6 months!

Had played 4 seasons getting promoted and into the SPL all at first attempy, but was getting a bit bored

SO

Like in previous years, I put both Rangers and Celtic into the premiership for a new challenge, pretty massibve challenge this year! Not had too bad a start, losing heabvily to man city and tottenham, but competing well against the likes of Swansea, Norwich and QPR.

Managed to make a few free transfer signings - Noselli, Skacel, Beye, cleared the likes of cribari, agriou and kyle out on mutual terminations to make some space for wages!

Got TomHately for £600k but he got injured on debut for 6 months!

Interesting. Did you keep the finances the same? Or did you muddle them around so you were a bit more competitive in the transfer market?

Hmmm. the 1st season back in the SPL will be interesting. seems i can only offewr players 2,000 quid maximum for key pkplayers. This despite being 30K under the wage budget and with 8mill in the bank. Just as well i signed Ness & Fleck on pre contracts when i could offer decent wages in Div 1

Interesting. Did you keep the finances the same? Or did you muddle them around so you were a bit more competitive in the transfer market?

Only thing i changed was the 'balance'- Default setting is £500,000 and i changed it £750,000 to get a bit of room to maneovre - I thought I had put the transfer embargo off, but its doesnt seem that way, approaching january my finances look good because of the mnuch higher tv revenue, but doesnt look as if i will be able to buy anyone...

sitting in 18th position with 9 points and its December - 2 wins and 3 draws, one of my loan signings, Darren Mackie has been best player with 6 goals.

Hmmm. the 1st season back in the SPL will be interesting. seems i can only offewr players 2,000 quid maximum for key pkplayers. This despite being 30K under the wage budget and with 8mill in the bank. Just as well i signed Ness & Fleck on pre contracts when i could offer decent wages in Div 1

Are they yet to arrive? The board will take these into account in their wage restrictions. Wait till pre-contract transfers arrive and it should be settled.

That my theory from previous FMs, not reached SPL yet.

Only thing i changed was the 'balance'- Default setting is £500,000 and i changed it £750,000 to get a bit of room to maneovre - I thought I had put the transfer embargo off, but its doesnt seem that way, approaching january my finances look good because of the mnuch higher tv revenue, but doesnt look as if i will be able to buy anyone...

sitting in 18th position with 9 points and its December - 2 wins and 3 draws, one of my loan signings, Darren Mackie has been best player with 6 goals.

Probably better and more 'realistic' to add them into League 1, or the Championship. Build slowly instead of getting flogged first time season.

Archived