FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but can Scottish teams lower than the SPL not qualify for the europa league? I won the Scottish Cup in the 2nd season in div2 but the teams that finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the SPL qualified instead? this is absolute poo if its the case :(

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but can Scottish teams lower than the SPL not qualify for the europa league? I won the Scottish Cup in the 2nd season in div2 but the teams that finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the SPL qualified instead? this is absolute poo if its the case :(

Rangers are not allowed to compete in Europe for 3 seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

YES! Progress with my all Scottish players Rangers save, got to the knockout round of the CL after getting past a tough group which contained Chelsea, Inter and Anderlect, got Bayern in the draw though.

Impossible to find anyone who will sign, there is prob 5 top Scottish players out there worth signing but they aren't available/won't sign for me yet.

Hi all thought i would add my project to the thread.

I'm coming towards the end of the last season out of the SPL (season 3)

I've created a posession tica taka style formation/tactic and have decided to do it from the first season right the way through to the top of europe.

why? it's great when you get this right and also you are going to win the first 3 leagues no matter what way you play so may aswell be something "different" when you come up to SPL rather than playing 4-4-2 not learning anything and then being 20 points behind celtic first season.

got to be honest lost a few players i didn't want to and although i thought i could challenge title first season i have lost Sandaza and Ian Black and i've just lost Faure to saint etien on a FREE TRANSFER i was so occupied with winning continue i forgot his contract was up offerd him a decent one and he rejected.

Also last season Luca Gasporotto damaged his cruciate knee ligaments and was out for 10 months he's been playing for a few months now and is looking ok

my team is currently

GK Alexander

LWB L.Wallace

RWB Whittaker ( 2 year loan)

CB C.Coady

CB Gasporotto

Libero Perry

DLP Ness ( 1 year loan)

CMA Delph (2 Year loan)

LIF Templeton

RIF K.Richardson

DLF Cassano

others in squad include C.Burke, A.Little, Mckay, Majewski 2 year loan, Hegarty then a few loan players ending at the end of the season

i have 4M in the bank and am in the cup semi final need to re-improve a bit team doesn't hold posession as well as before maybe with the number of loan signings, still get 55% minimum against SPL teams away at the moment so i am confident, i've lost just 1 league game every season so far and have won the challenge cup 3 times, got to the league cup final and that's it in regards to cups

have had a rangers save before when there was the recievership issue i played 4-4-2 didn't learn anything then spent 2 years chasing a celtic team who were far to good for us especially when we both went 4-4-2 then i learned there was an data issue with that , attendances AND finances so thought would look for other saves and would come back to rangers at a later date which happens to be now

i played celtic first season in the cup and only lost 1-0 with a terrible team playing an alien style of football and formation but did well. have been interested in looking at your others saves has anyone else gone for something slightly different like me or is it all basics for you lot haha if i can pull it off i would consider it a pretty remarkable achievment. I really don't know what to expect now first season because of the way we play and the fact it's always hail or gail force winds doesn't help!

I might cash in on Little as he doesn't fit my system or style of football and every team wants him!

I thought I'd post a summary of my 10 year career (so far):

Over the 10 years I've won Division 3, Division 2, Division 1, Challenge Cup, Scottish Cup 6 times, Scottish League Cup 3 times & the SPL twice.

Last season I went unbeaten and I only drew 2 games! The only players I've kept since I've started are Sebastian Faure & Darren Ramsey. Ramseys still a first teamer and doing class. Faure is a back up and don't really use him.

I've had a few players I signed when I was in Div 3 that have come through as first teamers. Aaaron Mckee & Tobias Forss probably the best ones. Forss was sold to Liverpool for 30m unfortunately! I forgot about his release clause.

I've not done much in Europe, got through the Group Stages a few times but always go out in the first knockout round. I just cant crack it.

I've also just got the Scotland job after resigning from Uruguay. I've got a 16 year old wonderkid who I hope to be a class Deep Lying Playmaker. I've thrown him straight into the deepend and made him captain of Scotland haha.

Over the 10 years I've won Division 3, Division 2, Division 1, Challenge Cup, Scottish Cup 6 times, Scottish League Cup 3 times & the SPL twice.

Last season I went unbeaten and I only drew 2 games! The only players I've kept since I've started are Sebastian Faure & Darren Ramsey. Ramseys still a first teamer and doing class. Faure is a back up and don't really use him.

I've had a few players I signed when I was in Div 3 that have come through as first teamers. Aaaron Mckee & Tobias Forss probably the best ones. Forss was sold to Liverpool for 30m unfortunately! I forgot about his release clause.

I've not done much in Europe, got through the Group Stages a few times but always go out in the first knockout round. I just cant crack it.

I've also just got the Scotland job after resigning from Uruguay. I've got a 16 year old wonderkid who I hope to be a class Deep Lying Playmaker. I've thrown him straight into the deepend and made him captain of Scotland haha.

Nice mate what's your own opinion on your own job there so far? are there things you could have done better? changed any tactics at all?

just really interested into getting into a discussion with some decent players on this forum i don't understand AT ALL why the GD forum is so active full of people just moaning about non things and going about it the wrong way and nobody comes in here to discuss the saves or tactics and training forum. hopefully old posters on this thread will see it and start being more active again

It's probably the best save I've ever done on FM. I'm a massive Liverpool fan, so unsure why I decided on Rangers but I'm loving it.

I could do better...well saying that I just did the treble winning the scottish cup, scottish league cup & SPL. I won SPL on the last game of the season. Me & Celtic level on points and I beat them 2-0 at Ibrox to win it. I just can't seem to do any good in Europe hence why I'm not too happy. Any tips?

I've changed my tactics 2 or 3 times since I started. I go with a flat 442 now with both ML & MR wingers, a deep lying playmaker and a central midfielder.

One thing you should do though is scout scout scout! I've picked up so many class players. I've got 6-7 on their way from South America when they turn 18 which a bit frustrating as I want to give them 1st team experience. I've also picked up 3 world class players from a club called Hajduk in croatia so you keep your eye out :thup:

And yeah I never post in GD either, can't be bothered moaning. Just get on with it.

really well that's good to hear and yeah like i said my second time doing it as there were many issues with rangers before that i didn't know until i came on here and when i found out they weren't even meant to be in recievership in the game i was a little pissed off because i was in 2017 haha

yeah i went flat 4-4-2 before i just couldn't beat celtic with it because they went 4-4-2 and were always better because every single player is on 20.000 pw and mine were on 15 maximum, in europe i got to the cup final in my current save in my 3rd season so it meant first year back in the SPL i would also be in the europa league and i got to the group stages and had Schalke, Stade Rennais & espanyol and lost my last game to finish 3rd by 3 pts which isn't bad considering the team isn't really great and we were up against players like huntelaar on 90,000 pw which was more than my entire starting 11 and we still beat them at home 2-0 haha!

yeah good advice mate i actually got tired on my last save with scouts because i was Manchester city (My team) and just left everything to the chief scout i might take over and focus on that area now because i really have to. got 1 decent regen on a free who is worth a few million and only 20 will send a few scouts about now south america central america, all of europe and scandenavia for now

well i go on there and i see threads which i think would be really good in here or in tactics and training forum where people will look to help ect because what we all want is to be good at the game , enjoy the game and do it all legitametly and if people are happy to listen to people like Cleon or others in the forums such as here they will learn a whole lot more

do you use shouts in your tactics? before i understood them i avoided them like the plague now i use the ones where you create your own which are a combination of a few and i really like the feature and it's probably been around for a year or so haha! but i found 12 easy i had a tactic i went with and just had sucess because i knew how it played and i knew what type of player i needed for it to work

WOW just won the SPL in my first season back in it. Unbelievable season still can't believe it for so many reasons, how much more celtic can pay their players than us, how much better individually they are, the fact we've played a beautiful style of tica taka football from SD3 up to SPL and have won the league we are in 4 years in a row and i am actually very proud of this save haha. wow . not sure if it will be replicated because i bet i get given 500k to spend and celtic bring in 5 champions league level players which will be a shame

My title winning team was

GK Kwarasey - Ghanian free transfer

Libero - Hegarty

CB - Perry

CB Gasparotto

LWB - L.Wallace

RWB - Whittaker - 1 Year loan

DLP - J.Ness - free transfer

CMA - F.Delph - 1 year loan

LIF - Templeton

RIF - L.Griffiths Free transfer ( later turned into Cabral a player on a 1 year loan )

DLF - Cassano Free transfer( later turned into Pacheco who was also a free tansfer )

my team cost a grand total of £0

the only player i spent money on was my reserve RWB who cost me 700k and made a grand total of 7 appearances only 4 starts and not even all of them were in the league!

take it celtic and neil lennon Rangers SPL champions at first time of asking

Nice mate what's your own opinion on your own job there so far? are there things you could have done better? changed any tactics at all?

just really interested into getting into a discussion with some decent players on this forum i don't understand AT ALL why the GD forum is so active full of people just moaning about non things and going about it the wrong way and nobody comes in here to discuss the saves or tactics and training forum. hopefully old posters on this thread will see it and start being more active again

Hey man, interested to hear this as well. I've played champ since 99/00 just put less hours into it as the years go on. Built my own tactic set a while back and really enjoyed getting places with Rangers as well as many other teams, but then used plug & play tactics in FM10,11,12 so big shock trying to adapt this year lol. Slowly but surely getting there just need to put the time in, shout combo's are interesting way to go about it.

Update from me, doing the save ONLY using Scottish players, it's very tough.

Season 2018/2020, won the SPL (2nd time in a row), much easier this time as Celtic fell apart after Lennon left for a EPL job, before that they were just immensely strong.

A strong showing in the CL for me, 2nd in a VERY tough group, managed to beat both Inter & Chelsea at home! I got Bayern in the 1st KO round, lost 2-1 at home, thought it was all over, 2-1 down at HT in the away leg, managed some late goals and won 3-2, so 4-4 away goals win!! Got beat 4-1 on aggregate by Man City in the 1/4 final.

SPL remainds 12th in the league rankings, just behind the TUrkish league. I got 860k for TV money plus £7m from CL TV money.

Rangers are upto 41st in the EUro rankings.

There is NOBODY to sign now though, EPL scottish players are still too far out of reach in terms of they don't want to sign for me. WIll be so hard to win the CL.....

Thanks, I got promoted first season but let a few high earners leave, bit stuck now, gonna have to root around for some U18's!

how much did Alexander and Mculloch sign back on for? and how long did you give them? i had Muculloch for 2 seasons and Alexander for 3. I sold the only player that fit my system and style of play Ian Black for a Million to sunderland which helped because although he and others are good enough they are almost so good compared to the level you're playing at you don't need them for their wages if you see what i mean. Templeton is also great but i see a few have lost him on free when his contract runs out

Hey man, interested to hear this as well. I've played champ since 99/00 just put less hours into it as the years go on. Built my own tactic set a while back and really enjoyed getting places with Rangers as well as many other teams, but then used plug & play tactics in FM10,11,12 so big shock trying to adapt this year lol. Slowly but surely getting there just need to put the time in, shout combo's are interesting way to go about it.

Hi mate, yeah about the same as me then time wise. and yeah i used to set up a tactic roughly 4-3-3 roughly like barca and win everytime then went on to 4-4-2 and found it easy and like you this one was initially ok for me when it wasn't even patched but as soon as the first one came out WOW culture shock.

yeah luckily for me at the moment have a lot of spare time so looking to do this Rangers save till the end and become the best in the world. I want to have 5 European Cups to the name before i leave! let me know how you get on in your save mate and if you need any advice i'll be here but i don't really like to give too much because i don't want to spoil peoples save's in a way let them enjoy it for themselves but it's a really weird thing at the start you win win win and just see your money go well into the red every season & i don't like that personally! I now have £30M+ with John Fleck returning in january to repay some playing time that he owes Rangers!

Hi mate, yeah about the same as me then time wise. and yeah i used to set up a tactic roughly 4-3-3 roughly like barca and win everytime then went on to 4-4-2 and found it easy and like you this one was initially ok for me when it wasn't even patched but as soon as the first one came out WOW culture shock.

yeah luckily for me at the moment have a lot of spare time so looking to do this Rangers save till the end and become the best in the world. I want to have 5 European Cups to the name before i leave! let me know how you get on in your save mate and if you need any advice i'll be here but i don't really like to give too much because i don't want to spoil peoples save's in a way let them enjoy it for themselves but it's a really weird thing at the start you win win win and just see your money go well into the red every season & i don't like that personally! I now have £30M+ with John Fleck returning in january to repay some playing time that he owes Rangers!

impressive bud! Fleck deffo owes the club big time Ha! I've always stuck with 4-3-3 in the Mourinho mould (aggressive,less creative freedom,etc.) just can't stand 4-4-2 for some reason lol. Want to introduce a similar style to Barcelona now for a change. Will keep u posted if you're on here might only get through 1-2 seasons per week though :(.

Quick update on my new start;

Squad

Rangers_SquadPlayers_zps58bb7f79.png

Fixtures

Rangers_FixturesSchedule_zpsba7aaf62.png

Rangers_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsf17079da.png

League Table

Irn-BruScottishFootballLeagueThirdDivision_OverviewStages_zps3caf2164.png

As expected no problems in the league after a horrendous pre-season. Won the Challenge Cup. Controlled the game away to Celtic but lost 1-0. A few injuries and below par performances but overall pleased with the team so far, still early days!! Extended a few players contracts for another year to keep me going until transfer embargo is over, although don't plan on signing many players. Can't sign any decent staff either so have to make do with the poor ones that are there lol.

I'll post some screenshots a bit later on of the 11 years I've done so far.

I just sold my star defender for £39.5 million to Chelsea :D. I'm smiling because I've got a ready made replacement called Sidney who I just signed from Corinithians. I got him for around 4 million! I won the league again last year, only drawing 4 games and winning the rest. I also won both cups again. I did a bit better in europe but got knocked out in the quarters by PSG!

I've also removed brazilian league as I have so many youngers on their way to me I want to sign some different nationalitys :lol:. I've added Norway, Sweden & Denmark to see what I get.

Wow very nice start mate i'm currently upset that my team is although winning after the patch not keeping posession anywhere near aswell , i'm getting a load more injuries and picking up the odd red card too.

what formation and tactics are you using?

carlos, what year are you in 39.5M doesn't sound like perry or hegart you've sold there ;) and really haha i only load england italy spain and then if i'm playing outside of there i load the league i'm in obviously being scotland for me, i've removed div 3 , 2 and 1 to just leave SPL to have the game as quick as possible

I'll post some screenshots a bit later on of the 11 years I've done so far.

I just sold my star defender for £39.5 million to Chelsea :D. I'm smiling because I've got a ready made replacement called Sidney who I just signed from Corinithians. I got him for around 4 million! I won the league again last year, only drawing 4 games and winning the rest. I also won both cups again. I did a bit better in europe but got knocked out in the quarters by PSG!

I've also removed brazilian league as I have so many youngers on their way to me I want to sign some different nationalitys :lol:. I've added Norway, Sweden & Denmark to see what I get.

That's crazy money! I'm losing £1m+ a month here. Get some screens up looks like ur doing a great job with my team mate :) those Brazilian players sound good but reckon I'll try keep a Scottish/British core if I can.

Wow very nice start mate i'm currently upset that my team is although winning after the patch not keeping posession anywhere near aswell , i'm getting a load more injuries and picking up the odd red card too.

what formation and tactics are you using?

carlos, what year are you in 39.5M doesn't sound like perry or hegart you've sold there ;) and really haha i only load england italy spain and then if i'm playing outside of there i load the league i'm in obviously being scotland for me, i've removed div 3 , 2 and 1 to just leave SPL to have the game as quick as possible

I've reverted back to a 4-3-3 (attacking, fluid) but messing about with settings trying to emulate high possession, etc. ala Barcelona. Getting the odd game where can only muster 5 or 6 shots which is very frustrating! Found no need for shout combo's yet as going ahead in games isn't a problem at this level. I'm finding the opposite with injuries/discipline in this patch it's been a lot better, in my only other save (Betis) had multiple players out on a weekly basis, perhaps it was my previous tactics dunno?!?!

yeah me too i did it in the classic tactics form but didn't score and wasn't that succesful and just decided right come on the tactics forum read cleons posts about the match engine then start from scratch accordingly and did it first time with a unusual formation but in the M.E it's exactly the same formation as barca but not quite the same way of playing was getting %60+ every single game pre patch since then not as good. the only personal setting i've changed for players is all players long shots set to rarely haven't touched anything else all player roles team instructions and shouts and it worked perfectly up until now.

and really? well maybe my team keep the ball so well the oposition just kick lumps out of my team maybe then.

yeah me too i did it in the classic tactics form but didn't score and wasn't that succesful and just decided right come on the tactics forum read cleons posts about the match engine then start from scratch accordingly and did it first time with a unusual formation but in the M.E it's exactly the same formation as barca but not quite the same way of playing was getting %60+ every single game pre patch since then not as good. the only personal setting i've changed for players is all players long shots set to rarely haven't touched anything else all player roles team instructions and shouts and it worked perfectly up until now.

and really? well maybe my team keep the ball so well the oposition just kick lumps out of my team maybe then.

Sweet! U got a screenshot of your formation? I've not had the time to go that in-depth yet like I did in previous FM's, it is the best way to go about it I think. Read "Tactical frameworks & theorems" years ago and learnt a lot. Might be the fact I'm playing against third division scrubs and ur back in the big time against better players/teams?

Sweet! U got a screenshot of your formation? I've not had the time to go that in-depth yet like I did in previous FM's, it is the best way to go about it I think. Read "Tactical frameworks & theorems" years ago and learnt a lot. Might be the fact I'm playing against third division scrubs and ur back in the big time against better players/teams?

yeah i will mate give me a second and i'll do it, it probably looks weird but it makes sense my idea was that in 4-3-3 when you attack the wingbacks look to go beyond the Inside forwards you have the central striker linking the midfield to the forwards also vacating the space for the "iniesta" or the inside forwards to run into and the center backs to not know who the hell to mark. as i say went well but not seeing it work exactly like that at the moment

This is My first choice formation

tiny pic it is!

30ua4ci.jpg

Second choice formation

14lpzlv.jpg

Shout i use at the start of every game

2dmf38i.jpg

Now normally formation 2 i start with it really depends on what team you are but rangers have no decent holding midfielders yet a fair few decent young center backs so i decided with my usual back up formation as my starting one and it worked well

I'm in 2024 at the moment.

Hes not the first I've sold for £30m+. I sold an Icelandic playmaker by the name of Tobias Forss for £30m to Liverpool and just sold this Croatian defender by the name of Davor Dzijan for the £39.5m. Croatians are crazy good on this game, I've still got another 3 in my squad that are improving tenfold. As I've said previously scout Hadjuk in Croatia. All of my Croatian regens have come from there. They're awesome.

I've also got 2 others which I've had bids of £30m+ but rejected them. My keeper Sandro is one of them (I checked and hes got PA199!!!). He keeps me in all the european games especially so won't be selling him. Hes the key to winning the european cup which I think I can do in the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I'll get a post up later on with screenshots mates.

I'm in 2024 at the moment.

Hes not the first I've sold for £30m+. I sold an Icelandic playmaker by the name of Tobias Forss for £30m to Liverpool and just sold this Croatian defender by the name of Davor Dzijan for the £39.5m. Croatians are crazy good on this game, I've still got another 3 in my squad that are improving tenfold. As I've said previously scout Hadjuk in Croatia. All of my Croatian regens have come from there. They're awesome.

I've also got 2 others which I've had bids of £30m+ but rejected them. My keeper Sandro is one of them (I checked and hes got PA199!!!). He keeps me in all the european games especially so won't be selling him. Hes the key to winning the european cup which I think I can do in the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I'll get a post up later on with screenshots mates.

it was funny you said that because by accident i came across a young top player from ..... Hajuk! and he's worth 90k haha!

oh and i forgot to add second season:

Knocked out champions league group stage had to overcome 3 ties just to get there but we did and got a tough group but was ok

won Scottish League cup

won Scottish Cup

won SPL

good season but ended not playing the type of football i wanted because of patch but will see how it goes this year. spent big on 2 new central midfielders in January and sold lee wallace because i had 2 other players that could play in his position and he wanted 20k a week so sold him for 4.5M to wigan who are now managed by neil lennon

wanted to get rid of templeton too but i really can't find enough playes to really improve my team for any realistic money so will keep him for another year

Yeah Hadjuk have a great youth system, I signed a RB for Rangers in FM12 that went on to be one of the best in the world. Your system is interesting I seen a similar one on the Barcelona team thread but with NO strikers lol! I like the idea of your tactics how did they fair against stronger teams in CL? Esp away from home? Do you use 'control' strategy most of the time?

Carl0s that's some great business there! How did you find out his PA was 199? Do you use a scout tool? Are you still sticking with your flat 4-4-2 or changing it up?

yeah it's basically how they are if they use a system when they attack the wing backs push wide as wingers the inside forwards go to the middle and i use my striker to drop deep so i don't even use him as one and i tried it without a striker haha but didn't quite work with rangers.

and so far this is my second season in the CL and BOTH times have been handed groups i would never finish in the top 2 in a million years just lost 1-0 to benfica away with same chanes and more posession and lost before to P-S-G 5-1 But get this had 1 more shot than them %55 posession and they scored from THREE LONG THROWS!!! frickin tony pulis at p-s-g ( he's not really) and yeah i've very rarely gone to counter and it's worked well i use it as a shout that's the counter one it does alright when i need it but if i'm seeing out a win my best way is to keep the ball and creating chances and not inviting pressure on for this team that is not always

Any recommendations of good U18s to sign in second season?

Hendrie (LB), Petrie (DM), Gauld (LM). Get on long loan with buy clause so you can test them. Many people like Hendrie, but for me he doesn't train well, and I later got a newgen that is better and with better potential. Having said that he's a good option if you sell Wallace early on.

Could you post a screenie of Ramsey? I didn't develop him well and his competition was too strong so got loaned out and then a bad injury. I've seen a few people say he can develop well.

Quick update on last season (first) Won Third Division easily but poor showing in the cups, lost 2-1 away to St. Johnstone Scottish Cup 1/4 final.

Irn-BruScottishFootballLeagueThirdDivision_OverviewStages-2_zpsaa43a165.png

Finances are a joke (considering Rangers have raised £22m IRL), i'm sitting in the red now, over wage bugdet set by the board and with no transfer budget so can't sign any u17's even if I wanted to. Released Kevin Kyle and few other fringe players... now to start the cull and sell everyone in sight LOL!

Also (idiotically) Carlos Bocanegra has declared himself unhappy at lack of first team games... two days after returning from loan!! This happened to everyone else?

JamesMcKenzie_NewsInbox_zpsce985226.png

I've finally won the Champions League! and also the supercup the following season. I didnt win the title last season though! I need to get some pictures up.

I'm going to have one more season and win the world club cup and regain the title then move on to somewhere else I think.

I'm not on the computer with it on so will try post pictures in the next few days :)

Finances are a joke (considering Rangers have raised £22m IRL), i'm sitting in the red now, over wage bugdet set by the board and with no transfer budget so can't sign any u17's even if I wanted to. Released Kevin Kyle and few other fringe players... now to start the cull and sell everyone in sight LOL!

Also (idiotically) Carlos Bocanegra has declared himself unhappy at lack of first team games... two days after returning from loan!! This happened to everyone else?

I sold Boca and Goain asap, as their wages are far too large for the lower divs. In my second SPL season I still don't have players over £15k pw.

Don't worry about finances as you'll be living on season tickets until you start selling players and getting European football. They are more unstable than IRL, and the unrealistic attendance figures don't help. Try to reduce that wage budget though. It doesn't take much to get to the SPL, so use as much promising youth as possible. Aim to have them ready for the SPL. Not much point having old guys on large wages when the youngsters can perform at the same level. Finding the balance is key though.

Help your wages by getting the odd free loan deal.

Anybody find it difficult to get Feeder Clubs? I seem to never get any.

Also no club wants to take my younger players out on loan very frustrating, this is in the 2nd season as well.

Feeders are difficult to get, but you'll get more once in the SPL. Parent clubs seem impossible, the board say its a good idea but never seem to find one.

I found it very difficult finding a club for my youngsters to go out on loan in Div3/2. Was easier in Div1, then once in the SPL it explodes and you get tonnes of offers. I have League 2 (ENG) upward loaded so most come from there and Scottish clubs. Better to use the youth while in Div3/2.

I sold Boca and Goain asap, as their wages are far too large for the lower divs. In my second SPL season I still don't have players over £15k pw.

Don't worry about finances as you'll be living on season tickets until you start selling players and getting European football. They are more unstable than IRL, and the unrealistic attendance figures don't help. Try to reduce that wage budget though. It doesn't take much to get to the SPL, so use as much promising youth as possible. Aim to have them ready for the SPL. Not much point having old guys on large wages when the youngsters can perform at the same level. Finding the balance is key though.

Help your wages by getting the odd free loan deal.

Yeah that's what I done m8 cheers, can't shift Cribari, Shiels or Argyriou off the wage bill no one wants to buy them and I need to free up wages to lock down Templeton to a new contract - not looking promising lol.

Currently in 2014/15 & on a 67 game unbeaten run continued from last season, got my team playing great and figured out training/match prep so don't want to lose my best players for nothing in the summer!!

Yeah that's what I done m8 cheers, can't shift Cribari, Shiels or Argyriou off the wage bill no one wants to buy them and I need to free up wages to lock down Templeton to a new contract - not looking promising lol.

Currently in 2014/15 & on a 67 game unbeaten run continued from last season, got my team playing great and figured out training/match prep so don't want to lose my best players for nothing in the summer!!

I got rid of the first two you mentioned, but Argyriou was a pain, just let his contract run out. I think the key to Cribari is to sell him after 6-12months. Shiels was easy to ship, I got around £300k. These were all on 13.1.3 patch.

During that time Templeton's contract was an issue, he wanted £20k, and wouldn't budge. Or should I say his agent wanted that. Must have been a minor bug, as he loved the club, me and had only been at the club two seasons. So in the end he left on a free to some low league English team, but is "extremely interested in joining Rangers" again. What a stupid game.

Try and tie him down asap, as you would know, he's a class act.

I got rid of the first two you mentioned, but Argyriou was a pain, just let his contract run out. I think the key to Cribari is to sell him after 6-12months. Shiels was easy to ship, I got around £300k. These were all on 13.1.3 patch.

During that time Templeton's contract was an issue, he wanted £20k, and wouldn't budge. Or should I say his agent wanted that. Must have been a minor bug, as he loved the club, me and had only been at the club two seasons. So in the end he left on a free to some low league English team, but is "extremely interested in joining Rangers" again. What a stupid game.

Try and tie him down asap, as you would know, he's a class act.

Yeah it's the agents! Gave him 100k bonus n he signed straight away without a wage rise LOL. Letting 6 or 7 players contracts run out with pay cuts to Alexander & McCulloch. Got a few cheap signings on the way to cover.

Unbeaten run ended around 80 games mark then went on worst run so far in my 3 years as manager, morale dropped and struggled to win or even play decent for 5-6 games, still top Div1 by 11pts thanks to great first half of season.

This year I was later in buying FM 13 and I have only just recently picked it up.

I was watching us playing terrible against Dundee Utd when I phoned the missus to buy me the game when she was out.

So far I am loving my Rangers save in FM 13. I have won DIv 3 without loosing a match and only drawing 2 games and so far in Div 2 we are 23 games played 4 draws and 0 loses.

A lot of our young players seem to be beasts if you actually give them games.

Going to be starting a new game once SI release the january transfer update. Would it be cheating to add 22m in the editor to the bank balance? considering we did raise that amount in the ipo. SI might even do that themselves in the update?

Well it would make an already incredible easy save even easier....

Archived