FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Going to be starting a new game once SI release the january transfer update. Would it be cheating to add 22m in the editor to the bank balance? considering we did raise that amount in the ipo. SI might even do that themselves in the update?

No need to sign any players for the first 3 seasons, as previous post said blood the youngsters their attributes fly up once u get decent coaches and train them right. Bank balance starts to even out once u near SPL anyway so use any money uv got to keep ur best players (Templeton). Yeah adding £22m would make it easy but it's ur game mate do what u want.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone signed a director of football?

Yes, some Russian guy with insane attributes for around £200pw. I don't give him any responsibilities though, as I'm like JMck, I control everything. He's there to add more knowledge and to help if needed to sell players for me. Tbh, I hardly ever use him but I like him and he's cheap. If he was expensive then there wouldn't be a job for him.

In the early seasons when you can't attract top coaches I didn't have one. Due to the scouting restrictions he filled the player/coach search with Russians. I did that for a few staff, gave average coaches small contracts to 'unlock' their nationality in the player search. I found the Uk coaches somewhat lacking, so Spanish, French and later Brazilians boosted my staff.

Once the scouting restriction gets dropped it doesn't matter. Send your scouts to go wild and just watch the player/coach search totals rise.

Once in SPL, keep a look out for Croatian newgens. I got some on small release clauses that walked into my team.

well I am back with my Rangers save after the new patch. If felt a little hard to get back into at first having been away from it since the xmas patch. Would like to say all went well but finished 2nd in the SPL ,,AGAIN. Even more annoying as it went to a last day decider against celtic,, winner takes all. Thing is as well,, until that game I beat them in every other match,, even a 7-0 in the lg cup (my highlight)

The game (at parkheed) ,, just felt scripted,,,, you know the type,,, superhuman keeper and best players sent off or carried off. Ashamed to say for the first time in years I even re-played it x3 just to see,, and got the same result with varied tactics and line ups each time,,, ,even the same player scoring against me at the same time roughly in 2 of the 3 games!!.

Still I have them in the Scottish cup final,, and with it being a double header I will likely win that as its all i have left to play for now.

Just fed up coming 2nd all the time,,, that was my 4th SPL season , although I blamed that last patch for the sudden bad run that cost me last season.

Oh well ,, I see others on here have found the SPL tough,, Celtic have so much of an advantage in players / cash wages etc

Just hope I can halt them before they get 10 in a row,, 2 seasons left to stop that nightmare lol. :)

I'm keen to get back into my save as well, but the contract issues are pretty dreadful. Seems like no leeway in negotiations with youth when I offer them a pro contract. Either give them what they want or have fun annoying their agent.

Proves difficult as Rangers, because I'm trying to keep my wages as low as possible. I tried playing a few games with the updated ME and it seems better, but I expect the data update early March, so if I've waited this long, I can't wait a bit longer.

Well it would make an already incredible easy save even easier....

yeah because every single persons save is exactly the same.

i've been succesfull like others and we have all put restrictions or things to make our saves more difficult. also although it's not the case for me but bringing your own team a european club with a big fan base from their lowest professional division to the top is very satisfying from a personal point.

Also i would like to see you knock off celtic first season i did it. but it's not easy to do that when you're biggest rivals can afford twice the wages you can and have had 3 years solid of wins and SPL title wins

Any on a free. I got Ben Foster, but had the option of Smithies and numerous other released keepers. I have a top class Scottish newgen that I'll probably use after 1 more season, so didn't need a long term signing.

Best to get one on a short contract unless you find a promising long term talent in newgen form.

yeah because every single persons save is exactly the same.

I 've been succesfull like others and we have all put restrictions or things to make our saves more difficult. also although it's not the case for me but bringing your own team a european club with a big fan base from their lowest professional division to the top is very satisfying from a personal point.

Also i would like to see you knock off celtic first season i did it. but it's not easy to do that when you're biggest rivals can afford twice the wages you can and have had 3 years solid of wins and SPL title wins

I won back to back SPL's in my 3rd & 4th seasons back in the SPL using only Scottish players since the start, Celtic were stupidly strong those first 2 seasons, barely dropping points, then Lennon left for a EPL job and they faltered a bit, and just haven't been the same since. I think doing it with no rules would be alot easier, if you scout well you can always pick up some silly-good bargains from south America or poached from Barca's youth team etc.

Getting the right staff/infrastructure/training in FM is a huge thing in my view.

I started a Rangers Save a while ago and recently finished the first season.

This is really nice to develop a good squad of youngsters.

Just managed to beat Ayr 4:0 in an away game for the start of season 2.

Got promoted with 99 points and won the Scottish Cup with a win from St.Mirren.

Celtic won the Scottish league though.

As for the staff i made some changes and was trying to get Cribari as an Ass Man but he refused so i sold him to Leicester. Hes Player/Reserve Manager there..hes got awesome stats 17 mm, mental, determination, fitness ..16 for motivating and 14 for ad, jp & ja.

Also sold Bocanegra & Goian plus some youngsters left on a free. Then i got Clyde as a feeder team a week ago and loaned Callagher, Aird & Suljevic to them.

My XI:

GK Alexander (contract til 2015 for 9k)

LB Wallace

CB Gasparotto (hes getting really great, just play him)

CB Faure/Perry

RB Argryiou (i will try to get a better one in the winterstop, transfer embargo will be lifted then)

DM McCulloch/Faure/Hutton

CM McCulloch/Black/Hutton

CM Black/Andrew Milne

LW Templeton (got a call for Scotland XI just recently)/Barry McKay

RW Shiels/Little/Novais (Regen, 4,5potential)

S Fran Sandanza/Barry McKay

Bench mostly Sondre Rossbach young goalie from Odd (Norway), Urquhart, MacLeod (thinking about selling him), Makombo-Eboma young striker from Alloa...also Ramsey will get his playing time along with some promising scottish regen called Scott Gillespie.

Last Season my top scorers were:

McKay 38games 33goals 16 assists

Black 45 games 15 goals 26 assists

Templeton 40 games 28goals 11 assists

Will try to get the second division title now and see how far and how much luck i will have in the cup. Last year celtic won 1:0 from me at the League Cup which was our only meeting last season.

After few days away from the game came back to complete first season back in SPL, managed to scrape the league ahead of St. Mirren & Hearts. Celtic finished 4th, this is the only reason I won the title, was chasing those 3 teams all year after drawing nine of my first 18-19 games (roughly).

Agree with last post about Luca Gasparotto, never used him at first but turns into great defender very quickly! Managed to sign a sweet German striker (regen) for this seasons Champions League effort, although drawn with Porto & Real Madrid so looks like a swift exit for me lol.

Screenshots incoming...

I won back to back SPL's in my 3rd & 4th seasons back in the SPL using only Scottish players since the start, Celtic were stupidly strong those first 2 seasons, barely dropping points, then Lennon left for a EPL job and they faltered a bit, and just haven't been the same since. I think doing it with no rules would be alot easier, if you scout well you can always pick up some silly-good bargains from south America or poached from Barca's youth team etc.

Getting the right staff/infrastructure/training in FM is a huge thing in my view.[/quote

oh yeah no i agree just felt a bit disrespected by your post after doing what i felt was a good job at rangers making the team play tica taka football from the bottom up and turning them into a huge force in world football when you said the other guy would make an easy save even easier that was all he doesn't need to add the £20M i agree i also from a personal point of view don't like to touch the database for ANY reason.

I suppose it depends on your end aim mine was to make Rangers the best in the world and that isn't easy so i assume you did mean something a little different from what you said these things happen over text

I restarted my gers save and am trying to implement the theories from Cleons Ajax youth development thread in the tactics section. AS per everyone else i won divs 3-1 easily. Currently in SPL 1st season and am 2nd behind Hearts ( who have had a tycoon takeover) on GD. Celtic sit 3rd.

Really enjoying the save as i have lots of the young lads from season 1 in my team still and developing nicely.

I have recently brought in Sam Walker as my GK and he is good for the guy that was wanting a goalie. Problem is i have 2 regen GK who are 4.5 and 5 star potential so Sam may be 3rd choice next season.

Thought i would through my hat into the ring with a rangers save, looked a good fun save. I started with the latest patch so a few different players about to sign.

I have used the formation i have tweaked form a 3 season save with Feyenoord and a season with Spurs, so a 41221 i have left wing as IF and right wing as W

So transfers,

IN

Noel Makombo-Eboma - 14k (ST)

Kevin Thomson - free (DM/MC

Amine Linganzi - free (DC/DM/MC)

Ben Gordon - free (LB)

plus a couple of kids.

FUTURE IN (17 yo)

Leo Chambers (DC/R) from west ham 4 star pot

Junior Morais (ST) Wycombe 3.5star pot

Third Division Champions - unbeaten 102 points

Challenge Cup - Winners

League Cup - lose thrid round 1-0 to Celtic

Scottish Cup - lost to St Mirren 3-1 in final ( beat Celtic 1-0 in semi)

Wallace making noises about wanting to leave, the young players have been great, Mckay, Mcloed, Faure, especially. Tempelton was banging them in as well. Sandaza was going great until he got a 5 month injury, Kyle had a lot of injuries, and in last league game Mculloch out for 6 months. Yeah third division very easy, cup runs were entertaining. Close season is going to be frustrating up to last day will need to scout more youth, would like to try and line up a DC, GK at least for deadline day. So well see what happens, if anyone tries to buy my guys I could be in trouble :p

Finally won the SPL and this time at a canter ,,(Im blaming last season on the fact I hadnt played the save since the xmas patch and the one before on that patch) clear by 14 points stopping celtic fm getting another 9 in a row.

Spent about 11 mil tho on Hibs Danny Handling,, in my save he had been scoring about 25/30 goals a season for them for about 3 yrs and a real thorn in my side. Didnt mind spending so much as I sold Natalino for 10mil,, which was good business as he had only cost me 800k a few seasons ago,, and there was no way i was letting celtic get another 9iar.

My star man Berhuis had an awesome season to remember. I decided to retrain him in a more central midfield role and I didnt regret it. He finished the season my top scorer with 23 goals !!! 13 assts and 12 MOM's ,, he is also now a full Dutch international and at last check worth 5.5mil,,, not bad for a 40k chance buy on a 17yr old during the embargo lol :)

Also grabbed the Scottish cup again and finished in the quarter final of the euro cup,,

so a good season all in all

:)

I have noticed Rangers play Celtic in the 3rd round of the League Cup in my previous Rangers save 2 seasons running then also noticed this in other seasons I have completed when playing as a Scottish team. How long does this carry on for? Does it still happen with the new patch?

Hi Guys, Just started playing FM13 - was waiting for last update (as i always do before starting a new game)

Just a quick question....even in the new update with bugs fixed

I am in my first season as Rangers manager in 2012-2013. Will i be facing a transfer embargo? If so, when?

Should be for one season, it'll tell you in club info. It's two transfer windows. The squads good enough to stroll the divs anyways.

European ban for 3 seasons, doesn't mean much tbh.

Where abouts in club info? Im looking but can not see it ...sorry for inconvenience! :)

Where abouts in club info? Im looking but can not see it ...sorry for inconvenience! :)

I'm sure it said in the club info main screen, but JMcK910 has answered it, being 3rd September.

If I remember correctly it leaves you with one day to get deals done, if not get frees after the window closes.

Cant play that much so iam still in my second season. 8 Games left and iam Champion. But its not that hard, played youngsters alot..

McKay depresses me becauses he doesn`t develops as iam expecting. I play him alot and he scores but his attributes are not SPL starting striker material.

No problem at all because i found this regen and signed him on a free.

14ndyt1.jpg

Also Robbie Brady (ManU Reserves) and Johannes Geis (Fürth) will join on a free transfer.

August 2017 update:

Just got into the champions league group stage for the first time (start of 3rd SPL season).

Got Galatasaray for qualifying best place round, 3-0agg, then Chelsea for the play off round. The two legs were insane. The Chelsea team is so strong, with creative talent everywhere. Won 4-1 at Ibrox, then lost 5-2 at Stamford Bridge. Got ripped apart away from home, my defenders decided to push up and stay wide, even though I told them the opposite. Either way, we went through 6-6agg.

Got £7.4mil for making the group stage! I'm looking forward to making some more money.

Got Man Utd, Athletico Madrid and Leverkusen in my group....

Made £12mil last season, mainly by keeping the wage bill down, selling deadwood and having a good run in the Europa league.

Highest fee paid is still £4.5mil for my favourite newgen, Benic. Got an offer of £22mil upfront from Man Utd for him in preseason, but rejected it. He wanted to move on, but I made a promise we would qualify for the EEC and he eased up, and later signed a new bumper deal. Most of my deals are bosmans.

My RB keeps asking to move on, but takes it back when I say he's not going anywhere. I think he'll leave soon as his contract status is 'Unsure' even on key player. I've had an offer of £8.5mil for him, but he still has 3 years on his contract so will be sold in 2yrs.

Both these players share the same agent. I seriously hate agents, and once they hate you there's no going back.

Difficult situation as there is a lack of RBs willing to join me at my current RBs level, also a lot have excessive wage demands.

Highest wage is Benic, on £26k pw, and I decided to increase my bill from £8mil to £12mil p.a. Celtic are on £22mil p.a.

Getting some great intakes as well. Got a 4.5 PA star DC from USA, dual Scottish nationality, this season. And poached a Scottish 4.5 PA DC from Dundee Utd.

Rangers are 3.5 star rep, SPL is 3star rep and next season the winner goes straight into the group stage. I have to win the title this season, everything else is a bonus. My squad is the strongest it's ever been, so I have to make the push for those few extra points.

August 2018 update:

Just got into the champions league group stage for the first time (start of 3rd SPL season).

Got Galatasaray for qualifying best place round, 3-0agg, then Chelsea for the play off round. The two legs were insane. The Chelsea team is so strong, with creative talent everywhere. Won 4-1 at Ibrox, then lost 5-2 at Stamford Bridge. Got ripped apart away from home, my defenders decided to push up and stay wide, even though I told them the opposite. Either way, we went through 6-6agg.

Got £7.4mil for making the group stage! I'm looking forward to making some more money.

Got Man Utd, Athletico Madrid and Leverkusen in my group....

Made £12mil last season, mainly by keeping the wage bill down, selling deadwood and having a good run in the Europa league.

Highest fee paid is still £4.5mil for my favourite newgen, Benic. Got an offer of £22mil upfront from Man Utd for him in preseason, but rejected it. He wanted to move on, but I made a promise we would qualify for the EEC and he eased up, and later signed a new bumper deal. Most of my deals are bosmans.

My RB keeps asking to move on, but takes it back when I say he's not going anywhere. I think he'll leave soon as his contract status is 'Unsure' even on key player. I've had an offer of £8.5mil for him, but he still has 3 years on his contract so will be sold in 2yrs.

Both these players share the same agent. I seriously hate agents, and once they hate you there's no going back.

Difficult situation as there is a lack of RBs willing to join me at my current RBs level, also a lot have excessive wage demands.

Highest wage is Benic, on £26k pw, and I decided to increase my bill from £8mil to £12mil p.a. Celtic are on £22mil p.a.

Getting some great intakes as well. Got a 4.5 PA star DC from USA, dual Scottish nationality, this season. And poached a Scottish 4.5 PA DC from Dundee Utd.

Rangers are 3.5 star rep, SPL is 3star rep and next season the winner goes straight into the group stage. I have to win the title this season, everything else is a bonus. My squad is the strongest it's ever been, so I have to make the push for those few extra points.

Good to see yer back on yer Gers save and enjoying it again,,, took me a season to get back into it again when I came back as I had forgotten who was in form etc,,,, but that me just won another SPL title in season 20/21,, that makes back to back and im still convinced would have happened sooner had it not been for that dam patch lol.

A fairly good season ,, got to the knockout stage of champ lg and lost to leverkusen o-o Ibrox and 0-2 away :(

Another reason that may have held me back was I was holding onto only buying real life players (regens just dont feel real to me) for as long as I could. It got to the point tho that there wasn't much available in our price range that would come and where even worth going for,, so with reluctance I dropped that policy a season or 2 ago,,,, and now I have a team 50/50 with an average age of about 23. Best yet Celtic have the oldest squad in the lg at about 30 and have just gone through 2 managers in this last season,, so looking good for the foreseeable lol :)

Only down side Jack Grealish has had a stormer of a season and has 14 goals by April,,, but for some reason he couldnt wait for the England call ,, and has gone over to the dark side and played his first few caps now for the ROI !!!!

Dont know how the fans feel about him now :p:lol:

Yeah it took me a while to get back into FM. The previous patches destroyed any fun I previously had on 13.1.3.

13.3 isn't that bad, the ME is more balanced now even though players still tend to make stupid decisions.

My newgen youth is what got me back into my save. I love developing youth and trying to get bargains.

I would probably be the opposite to you, Trueblue. I tend to gravitate towards newgens as soon as I can. I like the idea that I have no idea of their PA or ability. I don't know whether they have 160PA or 198PA, whereas real players, I'm fairly certain of their PA and whether they'll make it. PA isn't everything though, but I like not having a clue about what levels they can reach.

My average age is 21, which I don't believe. I would have said it was under 20 last season, due to only having 6 players over 22. This season I've got some more experience in, with the likes of Understall (loan/ backup keeper), Javi Garcia and Aron Gunnarsson (loan).

Faure and Gasparrato are still my first choice pair. So amazing together, and Gasp dominates at corners (defending/attacking).

Gauld is my first choice AML, and McKay gets the odd game. Still scores whenever he comes on, despite his average attributes.

I think I asked this before, but does anyone have their U19s in a U19s league?

Also, if your save is beyond 2016, what's your average transfer spend/income, wage bill (or what you think is optimum)and highest paid player, preferably in weeks.

Just want to compare what people are spending on wages.

Small 2017/18 Update.

First season back in the Champions League, ended better than I thought. Firstly, we got Galatasaray in the 1st round of qualifying, beating them 3-0agg. Then, the Chelsea in the play off beating them 6-6agg.

The group got announced, but we started and ended pretty well.

EuropeanChampionsCup201718_OverviewStages-10_zps42e5e883.png

After topping the group we got Olympiakos, and beat them well with a 5-1agg.

In the Quarter final our luck ran out, meeting Man Utd again, resulting in a 1-3agg loss.

A good little run for a young team still developing. I'm happy in both regards as the money is dam handy. Celtic got to the same stage as us but knocked out by Barcelona, so I expect our seedings to get a nice increase.

Got this lad through my youth system, March 2018

GarethHillcoat_OverviewAttributes_zpsd254c08d.png

And poached this guy, in March 2017, from Dundee Utd. Looks class

JimIrvine_OverviewAttributes-3_zps3a4aa8d1.png

And finally, my star man is coming along nicely and decided to sign a new deal to stay with us.

MatejBenic_OverviewAttributes-7_zps0af8663d.png

Just starting season 4, our first back in the SPL after 3 consecutive championships and 3 consecutive Challenge Cups.

I didn't expect a great deal to spend but I got about 80k and 110k wages. Was hoping for a little more than that to bolster my youthful team. In your guys experience, how long before the board coughs up a little more for transfers and wages? Financial status is secure but I'm guessing I'll have to win the SPL and qualify for the CL before we get any real money in?

I've tried to keep a core of Scottish players and bring the youth players through whilst adding some older, free agent experience. Here's my starting XI for our first season back in the big time:

GK - Lee Camp (free)

DR - Argyriou

DL - Brkovic (Croatian regen - 75k)

DC- Perry

DC - Gasparotto

MC - Petrucci (free)

MC - Momo Sissoko (free)

MC - MacLeod

AML - Gauld (1.5m)

AMR - Templeton

SC - MacKay

After the first SPL season who'll get more money to spend, but it all comes down to you. How much you save, and how much you bring in.

I just got a kitty of £11mil in start of 4th SPL season, (without player sales), but wouldn't spend anywhere near that.

Thanks Ryknow.

I figured it'd be at least another season before seeing a decent increase in budgets. Struggled so far to get a feeder club (financial) or a parent club (loans) too, so we'll have to make do with what we've got and hopefully be there and thereabouts. 75pts won the SPL the previous season, so hopefully we can get somewhere close with no European football to worry about.

Just don't underestimate it. Celtic continually hit around the 90 point mark in the SPL in my game when I went up.

I went from £6-8mil pa wage bill (1st, 2nd SPL season) to £12mil to win it in 2017/18 by 8 points, while getting to the quarter finals of the champions league.

Celtic's wage bill is still £22mil pa.

Just sold a newgen for £16.5mil, so that should help my finances a bit.

Hey guys, decided to restart my Rangers save after new patch. Long first few years having to grind through it all again lol this time tried to spend little or no money until back in SPL and largely stuck with current squad. Parted with a whole £16k over first three seasons.

Nice stats on them new gens Ryknow, u taking full advantage of tutoring? I would like to bring through as much scottish players as possible but so far my academy players just don't cut it + facilities have just been downgraded. Still early days but plan on sticking this out til I establish Rangers in Europe. No board take over this time though!

Just don't underestimate it. Celtic continually hit around the 90 point mark in the SPL in my game when I went up.

I went from £6-8mil pa wage bill (1st, 2nd SPL season) to £12mil to win it in 2017/18 by 8 points, while getting to the quarter finals of the champions league.

Celtic's wage bill is still £22mil pa.

Just sold a newgen for £16.5mil, so that should help my finances a bit.

Yeah, it's certainly a slog first season back.

Celtic are flying and we're struggling to win games and have no real saleable assets. I tried offloading Templeton at the start of the season but no takers. McKay has been steady through the lower divisions but struggling in the SPL so far and probably our best player, Sissoko is out for a few months with injury. I'll be happy with a top half finish at this rate and pray for a new board or a cash injection just to bring in one or two players of quality.

Nice stats on them new gens Ryknow, u taking full advantage of tutoring? I would like to bring through as much scottish players as possible but so far my academy players just don't cut it + facilities have just been downgraded. Still early days but plan on sticking this out til I establish Rangers in Europe. No board take over this time though!

Yeah some tutoring, but my squad is so young there just isn't any tutors available. I brought Berra in on £5k pw just to tutor one of my newgen DCs, and since he's started his attributes have shot up. I bought some washed up pros in on free but their rep is so low now, they can't even tutor my promising youngsters, only the poor rated ones in my youth team.

As my U19s don't play in a league, any newgen over 3star PA or that I think will make it, is moved into the first team, and made available for the reserve team. Then put on heavy training for their specific role. It also reminds me to include one or two in the match day squad so they get game time.

Yeah, it's certainly a slog first season back.

Celtic are flying and we're struggling to win games and have no real saleable assets. I tried offloading Templeton at the start of the season but no takers. McKay has been steady through the lower divisions but struggling in the SPL so far and probably our best player, Sissoko is out for a few months with injury. I'll be happy with a top half finish at this rate and pray for a new board or a cash injection just to bring in one or two players of quality.

You'll need saleable assets at Rangers until your guaranteed to get in the group stage of the ECL, even after.

It's a bit late now to tell you, but from the 2nd season onwards I just poached every good Scottish newgen I could find. Eg. Scout on creation date. You can get them from £40k to a few hundred k, but while in the low divs you get better prices, and wage demands.

I'm reaping the benefits from this now, because not only do you poach promising youngster for cheap, but the standard is so poor in Div3-1, you can give 15-16yr olds 10-20 games per season. This means by the time you're in the SPL you should have either saleable assets, or first teamers.

My current (2018) GK, LB, LW, CM are from doing this, and I've still got numerous backup/rotation players from developing in the lower leagues. The main benefit is that you really have no idea of the newgens potential, so makes it exciting.

Also, each season bosmans are your key to building. Don't buy players, because £4mil is a huge sum of money when it could be used as wages of £76k pw. Not only that, but you can sell the player after a season or two for pure profit (take into account the wage burden). Without the ECL group stage, maybe stick around the £150k-£200k pw wage bill, or you'll have nothing left. The lower the better, but you don't want Celtic getting 9 in a row, so build well, and plan wisely.

I stopped them at 6 in a row, because I held my wage bill too tightly. Now the club is worth £121mil, and I have £35mil in the bank, with £25mil transfer budget (adjusted due to sales).

I'm fairly careful with my finances, I'm even so sad that I regularly use my calculator to work out how much things will cost/save me over a season, etc.

P.S incase you haven't gotten to it yet, player values will start to rocket up to £4-£5mil when in the SPL for a while.

Faure and Gasparrato are both mid £4mils, with Gauld at £3.8mil, so give it time before panic selling.

Hi guys,

Been playing a save as Rangers for the last month or two now (just got to Scottish 1st Division after steamrolling both the 3rd Div and the 2nd Div in the opening seasons. 2 Challenge Cups and a Scottish Cup last year (which I have to say I am immensely proud of) to date also.

I wanted to know though from all your experience in your individual games, how have you found Lee Wallace? I didn't want to sell, esp as I know he's half-decent and he's contracted til 2017 but as a player valued at £4m at the end of season 2 (as a 2nd Div Winner) Derby County came in and offered £5m - I thought I'd be cheeky and ask for £7m thinking that'd deter them, but it didn't and they came back and offered it - all up front!

So... do I sell? Is he worth losing for that sort of money? I'd probably replace immediately with Mark Reynolds who I've had in the past in previous saves who's done really well for me and is currently £200k from Aberdeen.

What are your thoughts?

Hi guys,

Been playing a save as Rangers for the last month or two now (just got to Scottish 1st Division after steamrolling both the 3rd Div and the 2nd Div in the opening seasons. 2 Challenge Cups and a Scottish Cup last year (which I have to say I am immensely proud of) to date also.

I wanted to know though from all your experience in your individual games, how have you found Lee Wallace? I didn't want to sell, esp as I know he's half-decent and he's contracted til 2017 but as a player valued at £4m at the end of season 2 (as a 2nd Div Winner) Derby County came in and offered £5m - I thought I'd be cheeky and ask for £7m thinking that'd deter them, but it didn't and they came back and offered it - all up front!

So... do I sell? Is he worth losing for that sort of money? I'd probably replace immediately with Mark Reynolds who I've had in the past in previous saves who's done really well for me and is currently £200k from Aberdeen.

What are your thoughts?

Hey man, personally I keep Wallace he's a good all round full back and my captain but mainly just cause I like him lol. £7m is a lot of money for him though and if you buy a replacement for the next few seasons and find a young player to develop who is better it's up to u. Money isn't an issue once your in SPL again, soon as you qualify for CL finances soar.

I'd sell. That kind of money would give the club a huge boost and as you say, you could replace him for a fraction of the cost and get the same sort of production.

He was unhappy for me and I only got £3m for him but I replaced him with Ian Harte on a free and a Croatian teenager who cost about £50k without losing anything performance wise.

I did sell. Couldn't turn down £7m... that sort of money for Rangers is massive at the moment.

i got £5.25m of it to spend in transfer fees and it's allowed me to strengthen across the board, brought in Mark Reynolds (£200k) and Barry Douglas (£95k) to replace and they both seem pretty good, at least to keep me going til I get back up to the SPL. Also allowed me to offer new contracts to my good youngsters (McKay, Templeton, Faure, MacLeod), get more depth going forward with Gary Glen, and strengthening centre mid with Ryan Wallace and Abdi Ibrahim.

By the way, has anyone else had superhuman performances from Seb Faure? He's blown me away in Div 2 playing on the right hand side of CD - 14 goals and 11 MoM awards in 28 games - finished top scorer! :)

Not quite top scorer but yes, he's been immense for me too. I don't have my corners set up well, so get more realistic amounts of goals, mainly from Gasparatto. I'm guessing he's near post on corners for you?

Anyways, make the most of it, he'll be pants in the next game.

P.s well done on selling Wallace, that's a great price.

Well we managed to secure 2nd place on the last day of the season, still a whopping 27pts behind runaway winners Celtic.

We need more goals next year and more consistency in goal too, so hopefully we can add a little more experience and quality if we get a little money to spend.

Perry, Pascazio, Gasporotto, MacLeod, Hutton and McKay all averaged 7.00+ so hopefully they can improve again next year if we add some pieces around them and bring more youngsters through.

Well, I've not got set pieces set up either, tbh so it's just whatever he would default to I guess.

I've found the 3rd Div and 2nd Div too easy tbh, gone unbeaten (in the league at least) through two seasons, I guess I've been very lucky with not getting major injuries (and McCulloch I played as a TM not a DM and he got me 35 goals in Div 3!). I don't know if it's because I've brought 6 or 7 new faces in over this summer and it'll take time for them to bed in, but the going seems tougher so far in Div 1 - usually going into HT 0-0 before my "gentle encouragement" (read hairdryer treatment) gets the win by FT.

Well, I've not got set pieces set up either, tbh so it's just whatever he would default to I guess.

I've found the 3rd Div and 2nd Div too easy tbh, gone unbeaten (in the league at least) through two seasons, I guess I've been very lucky with not getting major injuries (and McCulloch I played as a TM not a DM and he got me 35 goals in Div 3!). I don't know if it's because I've brought 6 or 7 new faces in over this summer and it'll take time for them to bed in, but the going seems tougher so far in Div 1 - usually going into HT 0-0 before my "gentle encouragement" (read hairdryer treatment) gets the win by FT.

Ah ok, that's a lot for default settings, I think it's mainly the quality of opposition that results in that many goals, or his default is near post (I think). That would annoy me if it continued in the SPL but I think the chances will be reduced when he starts to face strong opposition.

Tbh, as long as you win each div, it doesn't matter too much your form. Many people have sacrificed perfect form for blooding newgens. I did this, but looking back, I could have done it even more. I lost 4 games from Div1-3, so not bad considering the amount of youth I used, but should have given more game time to them. It would be good making records, but it's the best time to build a young team.

How's your youth academy intakes gone?

Stuart McCall has taken the Celtic job in 2018, when Lennon went to relegation threaten Wigan, while Celtic were in the quarter finals of the champions league.... Yeah work that out.

Thanks to McCall we are off to a good start, with them drawing 3 and losing 2 out of the 5 games so far. Including a 5-0 demolition job by me. I think he's trying to destroy the club from within.

Stuart McCall has taken the Celtic job in 2018, when Lennon went to relegation threaten Wigan, while Celtic were in the quarter finals of the champions league.... Yeah work that out.

Thanks to McCall we are off to a good start, with them drawing 3 and losing 2 out of the 5 games so far. Including a 5-0 demolition job by me. I think he's trying to destroy the club from within.

Funny u should say that he's just left for the Leeds job after I rejected them! Brian McDermott took over and now I've gone top with 12 games to go but he's only in the job a few weeks.

Archived