FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Rangers Football Club

Thread of the worlds most successful club

-Since 1872-

RangersFootballClub.jpeg

Rangers Football Club

Rangers Football Club are an association football club based in Glasgow, Scotland, who play in the Scottish Premier League. The club are nicknamed the Gers, Teddy Bears (from the rhyming slang for the same) and the Light Blues, and the fans are known to each other as bluenoses. They are sometimes referred to as Glasgow Rangers, although the word Glasgow is not part of the club's official titlec. The club's home is the all-seated 51,082-capacity Ibrox Stadium in south-west Glasgow.

Rangers have won 54 League Championships, more top-flight national championships than any other club in the world. They have won the Scottish League Cup 27 times – more than any other Scottish club – and the Scottish Cup 33 times. In 1961 Rangers reached the final of the European Cup Winners' Cup, becoming the first British club to reach the final of a UEFA club competition. They won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972, having been the runners-up in 1961 and 1967, and were runners-up in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final. An estimated 130,000 Rangers fans made the journey to Manchester, even though most of them did not have tickets for the match.

It's 2012, times are very different. Out goes Celtic, Hibs and Hearts and in come Annan, Elgin and Stirling. Rangers start 2012-13 in the Scottish Division 3 and with this new adventure comes a new squad;

General Information

Nation - Scotland

Year Founded - 1872

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves the Club

Legends - Walter Smith, John Greig, Davie Cooper, Ally McCoist

Icons - Brian Laudrup, Richard Gough, Paul Gascoigne, David Weir

Favoured Personnel - Ian Durrant, Jorg Albertz, Barry Ferguson, Mark Hateley, John Brown, Dado Prso

Derbies Old Firm Derby (Vs Celtic)

Fierce Rivals Celtic

Other Rivals Aberdeen

Finances Okay

Average Ticket Price £14.00

Average Season Ticket Price £300

Season Ticket Holders 37000

Estimated Value £37,000,000

Season Expectations

The mininum expectation is that the team win the Third Division this season, your transfer budget has been set at £180k and the wage budget is £113k a week

Ibrox Stadium

_56636208_ibrox466.jpg

Key Players

Neil Alexander

• Position: Goalkeeper
  • Profile: Mainly a backup goalkeeper in his time with Rangers. The departure of Allan McGregor now sees Alexanders patience finally paying off.

Lee Wallace

• Position: Defender, left
  • Profile: Product of Hearts youth academy. Was tipped to go on to big things before being blighted by injury but seems to have cleared and has been one of Rangers most consistent performers.

Ian Black

• Position: Midfield, Centre
  • Profile: The combative midfielder opposite fans love to hate sealed a month where he won the Scottish Cup with Hearts by signing for Rangers. Potential Captain.

David Templeton

• Position: Midfielder, Left
  • Profile: Another former Hearts man. Potential to be a massive player in FM13 with his speed and trickery.

Lee McCulloch

• Position: Everywhere
  • Profile: Super Lee, Super Jig, captain fanstastic. Call him what you want he is what epitomises Rangers fighting spirit. Dogged like a pit bull he never gives up and gets some vital goals.

The Future

John Fleck

• Just Kidding

Barrie McKay

• Position: Striker
  • Profile: Big things are expected of the former Kilmarnock man. Tricky little striker who with the right training will go onto big things.

Lewis McLeod

• Position: Midfield, Centre
  • Profile: The combative midfielder has been a mainstay in the side this season. One to watch

Kyle Hutton

• Position: Midfielder, Centre
  • Profile: Has been loaned out many times. Was integral part of the Rangers midfield that held Man Utd to a draw a few seasons back.

The Squad

Gers_squad1.png

Goalkeepers:

Neil Alexander - Nothing to say here, no 1 choice everyday

Blair Currie - Decent Backup

Scott Gallacher - Another youngster who is untested

Overall opinion on GK's:

There are many young untested keepers in the squad. Get in an experienced back up.

Defenders

Lee Wallace - Probably our best player. Play at LB

Emilson Cribari - Decent CB, probably no1 choice for CB

Ross Perry - The next best CB

Chris Hegarty - Good, young back up

Sebastien Faure - Decent attributes but doesnt perform in big games

Anestis Argyriou - Strongest RB and decent RM

Darren Cole - Solid Back up

Overall opinion on Defence

Need a back up LB and another number one choice CB

Midfield

David Templeton - Very quick and a great threat, will provide many crosses

Dean Shiels - Same as above

Lee Mcculloch - Captain magnifico! Fits in DM position well

Kyle Hutton - Good strong tackler but can tend to go missing in big games

Ian Black - Has a great strike in him but again can go missing in big games.

Lewis McLeod - Another good young prospect

Fraiser Aird - Worth loaning out to gain experience

Francesco Stella - Doesn't have great stats, may struggle getting in side

Opinion on Midfield

2 centre midfielders are a must. One backup and one who is a regular. Michael Tidser from Morton is highly recommended.

Forwards

Kevin Kyle - Decent back up player

Francisco Sandaza - Best striker at club. Absolute goal machine

Barrie McKay - Good promising youngster

Andrew Little - If playing 2 up front go with Little and Sandaza

Opinion on Forwards

Buy another one if possible. Emile Mpenza is free.

Tactics

4-5-1 Rangers

tactics.png

I am by no means a master tactician but this formation allows me to fully utilise the two strongest parts of the team, The wingers and the center of midfield. By controlling the play with a high tempo the team will attack at every opportunity. It's been tuned so when Shiels is crossing the ball, Templeton is arriving back post and vice versa. We will see how the tactic pans out.

Okay, so Rangers will be one of the most used teams in FM this season due to our predicament. Everyone loves a rising from ashes story like Fiorentina, MK Dons/ Wimbledon or Leeds. Post all you opinions, developments and thoughts in here.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recommended Signings:

Keiran Duffie - Falkirk 100k

Barry Douglas - Dun Utd 200k

Ryan Gould - Dun Utd - 500k

Herold Goulon - free

Alexis Lafon - 180k, FC Martigues

Ben Parker - free

Mohammed Elyounoussi (only 17 and coaches say he has the potential to be a quality player) - Sarpsborg - 20k

Jean-Philippe Charlet - free

David Suazo - free

Mauricio Alves - Free

Geoffrey Tulasne - Free

Leo Aro - Free

Federico Malano - Free

Benoit Benvegnu - Free

Tyrone Loran - Free

Ahmed Soukouna - Free

Jerome Demolin - Free

Herd - 2yr loan from Villa

Zanetti - free

I have only loaded all leagues from Scotland, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales for a quick game for a change. I am in the 5th season now and these have been my best signings so far that aren't regens.

First season

Hérold Goulon on a free

Abdi Ibrahim on a 2 year loan from Man City.

Callum McManaman on a 2 year loan from Wigan.

Cristiano Zanetti on a free transfer.

Shaun Cummings on a season long loan from Reading.

Danny Green on a 1 year loan from Charlton.

Ryan Gauld £550k compensation fee from Dundee United.

Second season.

Dele Alli on a free transfer.

James Tavernier on a 2 year loan from Newcastle United.

Abdi Ibrahim £22k from Man City.

Ross Draper £180k from Inverness CT.

Paul Dummett on a free transfer from Newcastle United.

Dan Gosling on a season long loan.

Third season.

Stuart Armstrong on a free transfer.

Cillian Sheridan on a free transfer.

Scott Laird on a free transfer.

Raúl Ruidíaz on a 6 month loan.

Fourth season.

James Tavernier on a free transfer.

Gary MacKay-Steven for £450k from Southampton.

Raúl Ruidíaz on a free transfer.

Max Clayton on a free transfer.

Fifth season.

Yaya Sanogo for £3.3m from Auxerre.

Danny Wilson for £1.4m from Liverpool.

Carl Jenkinson for £2.3m from Arsenal.

I steam rolled the division 3, got to cup semi where i was knocked out by hearts on penos who won it - holidaying the second season a bit because its so easy, going to try replace some of the older players and really high earners with younger ones during the division one campaign -playing with commentary only and aaron mclean from hull and sidibe from stoke are an unreal parftnership if you can get them in, i got them on loan and on frees at the end of the season must have scored 80 goals between them

Started my long awaited Rangers game. Kept it pretty simple, didn't touch any of the staff, left them as is and playing a 4-4-2 formation with an emphasis on counter attacking and direct passing.

Sold Ross Perry to Motherwell for 230k. With that I brought in a huge amount of players in preperation for the embargo.

Smajl Suljevic, Jason Banton, Oliver Zamaradi and Dean Florance.... you know actually typing them out makes me think I didn't sign all of them. Think the Head of Youth Development might have had a hand in that.... anyway...

In terms of my main squad I brought in Jason Koumas, Danny Webber, Iain Russell (Livi) Johnny Black and Aaron Burns (Linfield). Out of those, Koumas and Webber are top dogs. In the league, Koumas has 2 goals, 2 assists and 2 MOTM in 5. Webber has 3 in 4 with one assist.

Iain Russell and Johnny Black were very much deadline day signings. Russell was signed in case I needed backup as Kyle was injured but I shouldn't have bothered. Sandaza is on fire (5 in 4) and Little goes through genius moments (5 in 5).

Just destroyed East Stirlingshire there. My team for that

Alexander

Argyriou Faure Cribari Wallace

Little McCulloch Black Templeton

Sandaza Webber

In my Gers save I'm at the start of November and have won every game comfortably, with the exception of losing 3-0 to Celtic at Parkhead in the league cup. I've been playing a 442 and I am still rotating the team about, everyone I give a chance to seems to be playing too well to be dropped!

Players In:

Gary Borrowdale - free transfer - left back. Good solid back up for Wallace, who is on international duty often. Has performed great and cheap wages.

Prince Buaben - 450k - centre mid. Paid mostly in installments, great midfielder who can do a job all through the divisions. Usually starts with Black.

Danny Green - 2 year loan deal, although could sign for 85k - mid right. One of my best players, rotating with Dean Shiels, creates and scores for fun.

Tom Eaves - 80k - Striker. Kevin Kyle injured long term, has scored several goals and set up a few in his playing time so far, good young striker from Bolton with good potential.

Jason Banton - free transfer - AML/R. decent young back up, can play on either wing.

Struggled to loan any players out, and once you take Rangers to the 1st division and can sign players again a big squad clear out will be needed, a lot of the younger players won't be good enough and a good few first team players will be getting too old.

Jason Koumas, I didn't see him around would have been good to see what he was like to get him in before the embargo came into place. I decided not to sell anyone, the team is strong enough to go up so thought I'd look at everyone before making any transfers out.

But I do wish I would have brought in another striker I have drawn two games so far because I am not putting away the 35 chances I might be having and I have been hit with a few injuries to key strikers. Still top of the league and will see myself going up no issues.

During the pre season of 2nd season I'm in a bad financial position. Trimmed the squad down, Goian and Bocanegra came back and had £28,000 wages between them per week so sold them off. Then the board went and sold Lee Wallace for £2.6m to Everton, so gutting. Hopefully there will be some decent free transfers come September 1st. All my main players are wanted by clubs so hopefully the board don't sell them. Worrying!

See that's a problem I've been having. I drew my first game of the season just there, oddly enough against Stirling. I had something like 33 shots on goal. Crazy

Every team wants to sit 11 men behind you so the packed defences can cause a lot of long shots if your not careful, I am trying to create less chances but with better quality hopefully that will unlock the key to stubborn defences.

Started as Rangers, comfortably sitting in 1st, having won 7 games out of 7. My only loss in a competitive match was at home against Celtic in Scottish League Cup. Playing a 4-2-3-1 with McCulloch as AMC, slow tempo passing game. Templeton is such a beast on the right wing, lots of goals and assists. My top scorer is Alexis Lafon, purchased for 180k from some random French side. Hoping for a perfect season in the league and also I'll do my best in the Scottish Cup to have a chance to play in Europa League as a 3rd tier side.

So far i've brought in :

Barry Douglas - £95k

Mehdi Bourabia - Free

Jordan Smith - Free

Arnaud Cesarini - Free

Definetly have to bulk up the squad, its much like real life i can imagine having to just fit players in at random positions with the amount of games and size of the squad. Thanks guys for inspiring me to lock up Jig and the rest to longer deals.

Completely disregard my comment about being worried about contracts. I went to both Alexander and McCulloch and they both asked for 25% LESS than what they were on. True Blue indeed, the both of them.

I gave a lot of my youngsters contracts simply to try and have the options available. I noticed Stella is on 2k a week. Crazy money. Not worth it.

nice intro Lovenkrands:thup:

Started my Rangers game last night and have decided to approach it a bit like we should in real life. Most of my signings will be younger players under 25 or so, looking to make good profits in each player later on.

Signed a few free agents

Malaury Martin- high hopes for him, central attacking midfielder, 23

Jason Bantam - signed by Jim Sinclair, left sided player, 21

Daniel Deveine - centre back, 21

Raffaele De Vita - on loan striker from swindon

Dean Florence - Turkish midfielder, 18

Suljevic - Swedish centre midfielder, only 17

Won my first game 4 0 away from home in challenge cup against Airdrie, Sandaza scored 2, Kyle and an OG.

Targets this season is to win the league, challenge cup and make a decent challenge for one of the domestic cups. Also hope to bring through as many young players as possible.

In season two, you can sign players on the last day of the transfer window as the embargo lifts.

Players in:

Aaron Sinclair - 275k - DL/(ML) - 22 year old left back from Partck Thistle requested a move, beat off SPL competition to sign him, looks a solid player, but has big shoes to fill in Lee Wallace.

Darren Barr - 200k DC - Brought him in as without Cribani, Goian or Bocanegra, I had no experienced centre backs, cheap and loks like he'll do the job.

Michael Johnson - free - MC - the former Man City player looks a big talent if I can keep him fit, interested to see how he does.

Jack Smith - loan - DR© - Solid cover for right back on loan from Millwall (no fee or wages!), has played brilliantly in his first few games, got him for the season.

Also a couple of young players that my Head of youth signed.

Players Out:

Lee Wallace - 2.6m - Everton. At this point had bad finances and board let him go, disappointing but I guess he wasn't really needed until SPL, and decent money for him.

Emilson Cribani - 75k - Due to the form of Luca Gasparotto, Ross Perry and Faure, I decided to take the aging centre back off the wage bill.

Doian Goian - 500k - Empoli - As soon as him and Bocanegra came back my wage budget went into the red, managed to sell him off quickly, although he wanted to stay.

Carlos Bocanegra - 200k - Struggled to offload him, but couldn't keep him and eventually sold him, to the dismay of the fans.

Also didn't renew a lot of the young players contracts, only keeping the ones who were showing promise.

Scott Arfield joins in Janurary for 150k, which should be a strong addition to my midfield.

Luca Gasparotto and Barrie McKay have started the second season among my best players. Both now have 4 star potential.

Stuart Urquart, Lewis MacLeod, Darren Ramsey and the 4 star newgen Don MacLeod who has already scored a few, are also in my first team squad.

Lee McCulloch is out of contract at the end of the season and I think Im going to let it run out. He is already struggling to get a game, and is declining.

I think there is a problem with the transfer embargo...those who mentioned earlier that they were forced to sell players, what I think is happening is because we are under a transfer embargo the game is presuming we are in admin and the players are being automatically sold....

It's been raised in the bugs forums.

I'm at thr 1st August 2nd season, and so far lost Templeton, Hegerty, had bids for Sheils, Little and Wallace have turned down contracts from other clubs....just feeling hopeful now that I don't really loose anyone else before the ban finishes....

I think there is a problem with the transfer embargo...those who mentioned earlier that they were forced to sell players, what I think is happening is because we are under a transfer embargo the game is presuming we are in admin and the players are being automatically sold....

It's been raised in the bugs forums.

Good point.

Just signed the prodigal son, Barry Ferguson. :cool:

Finally think i have a tactic down that stops the crossing problems (for the most part) and breaks down the 3 in 4 teams that play 10-0-0 against you.

81MCV.png

Decent results, started getting reasonably happy with my tactic around about mid November.

xj2RH.png

Only brought in 4 players, Zenden for the left wing, Boateng for midfield, Brittain for right wing and Traore to cover for Wallace.

om8om.png

(adapted from someone who posted their Man Utd tactic in the tactic section, i had to edit the instructions of the midfield and attack extensively to get them to stop sitting back and passing the ball about like they had all year to score instead of 20 minutes).

Format, there was a thread raised in the data issues or bugs forum iirc. Check there as someone from SI has explained it.

Edit: Didn't realise he was a Celtic fan. Apolgies.

I am a celtic fan, but it's a genuine question. If it's been resolved, then cool!

edit: just had a read through the 2012 data thread on this issue - guess it just comes down to opinion at the end of the day!

Into the middle of September and have found the going pretty easy except for a shock 1 0 defeat at ibrox to Dunfermline in the challenge cup. Was missing Shiels and Little who have been excellent so far through internationals but we still should have won comfortably.

Alexander has been injured the whole season, however Scott Gallacher has really stepped up to the mark only conceding 1 goal in 9 games. Lee Wallace also got injured a few games in and as tempting as it was to bring in an experienced left back (Erik Edman was available) I gave young Stuart Urquhart the chance and he has been fantastic so far. Planning to let go of Cribari in January and bring through Gasparotto, Faure and Hegarty along with Perry.

One issue I have is with the attendances. So far 9 games in I have only had one sell out away to Berwick, my highest attendance at Ibrox is 37000. In real life we have sold out every away game and 2 at Ibrox with the others over 45000, also have had decent crowds in the cup, I only had 18000 against Killie in the second round of the league cup. What is everyone elses attendances like?

Anyway got a nice trip to the piggery at the end of the month in the league cup. :)

Into the middle of September and have found the going pretty easy except for a shock 1 0 defeat at ibrox to Dunfermline in the challenge cup. Was missing Shiels and Little who have been excellent so far through internationals but we still should have won comfortably.

Alexander has been injured the whole season, however Scott Gallacher has really stepped up to the mark only conceding 1 goal in 9 games. Lee Wallace also got injured a few games in and as tempting as it was to bring in an experienced left back (Erik Edman was available) I gave young Stuart Urquhart the chance and he has been fantastic so far. Planning to let go of Cribari in January and bring through Gasparotto, Faure and Hegarty along with Perry.

One issue I have is with the attendances. So far 9 games in I have only had one sell out away to Berwick, my highest attendance at Ibrox is 37000. In real life we have sold out every away game and 2 at Ibrox with the others over 45000, also have had decent crowds in the cup, I only had 18000 against Killie in the second round of the league cup. What is everyone elses attendances like?

Anyway got a nice trip to the piggery at the end of the month in the league cup. :)

I have noticed the crap attendances too, only got 33k at home against Celtic in my first save with FM13 (won 2-1 in extra time) and only had something like 750 odd people at a game away to montrose or someone like that in this save.

Anyone else hemorrhaging money in the first season with Rangers at a dramatic rate?

I noticed this in a quick run through on FMC so decided to do a wee test in holiday mood. I took over and sold 2 players to Manchester City and Manchester United in the first week of the game for a combined total of around £68M I then stuck it on holiday until the end of the 1st season, total bank balance then? £30M this is after no players bought Quarter finals of both SC and LC and winning the CC. Onto season 2, Balance at the end of the season -£8M this is after selling 9 players due to the admin bug but bringing in 2 players Tyler Fulton and a 15 year old Irish regen both cost £100K and both on £500 a week wage. Also got to the final of SC and won CC but was out of the LC in the 3rd round sadly. Seems that if not fixed we arent even nearly going to be playable on day of release :(

Alright all,

Started my Rangers save a couple of days ago and things plodding along well. Pre-season went ok, 1 W, 1 D, 1 L. Not a convincing set of results I know, but I was bringing in new tactics that were taking time to bed in with the players.

During the summer I brought in the following:

-Richard Brittain for £70k from Ross County. Comes straight into the first team as BBM.

-Abubakari Yakubu on a free. Remembered that this guy was always knocking round on a free on previous games and he performed well for me in my Middlesbrough Championship save and my FC Utrecht saves on previous games. I was surprised he actually came to Rangers as he had offers from better clubs. Anyway he's gone straight into the starting 11 at RB, and can also cover CB, DCM,CM and RM and RWB.

-Noel Makambo-Eboma came in for £14k. Gives extra strength upfront and plays the odd game. One for the future.

-Mamady Sidibe came in on a season long loan from Stoke City on deadline day. Has been instrumental in carving out victories with 6 goals in his first 2 starts. Absolute bargain as I don't pay any wages on loan fee. Is perfectly good at battering through the defences that are willing to park the bus in front of the goal, also pretty good at flick ons for the wingers. Highly recommend.

The only player who left was Luca Gasparotto to Real Spal for £9K. I tried to shift on a few more just to help out the finances, but no luck.

Results were mixed to begin with as the team got used to the new tactics. Was knocked out of the League cup at the 2nd round by St Mirren, losing 2-0. That was preceded by a draw in the league at home to Queen's Park. However since then we have gone onto dominate the league, with convincing wins home and away. I'm still leaking a few goals at the back still.

Starting 11 is as follows:

Defence:

GK: N Alexander as a Goalkeeper on defend.

DR: A Yakubu as a Full Back on automatic.

CD: R Perry as a Central Defender on defend.

CD: S Faure as a Central Defender on defend.

DL: L Wallace as a Full Back on automatic.

Midfield is a narrow 3 in the centre of the park:

RCM: R Brittain as a BBM on support.

CM: L McCulloch as a DLP on support

LCM: D Shiels as an Central midfielder on attack.

The front three is a wide attack aiming to stretch the opposition team:

AMR: D Templeton as a Winger on attack.

AML: K Naismith as a Winger on support.

ST: M Sidibe as a Targetman on attack.

The team plays fluid football with an attacking strategy, that mixes the play, whilst stretching opposition teams to allow runners to break through from Central midfield or to allow the wingers to get around the back of defence. McCulloch is the playmaker and Sidibe is the targetman, with the supply coming through to his head.

Top scorers (in all competitions) are:

M Sidibe with 6 goals in 2 starts.

K Naismith with 5 goals in 8 starts.

D Templeton with 3 goals in 8 starts.

So, this is my season as of 16th September 2012.

I am now at mid September of my 3rd save and have a pretty solid squad, one I feel can do a job next season as well.

Goalkeepers:

Marek Stech - 1st choice keeper, highly rated and singed on a free transfer from Yeovil. 24 years old and could be no.1 for a good few years.

Scott Gallagher - Back up keeper, have played him frequently over past two years and has been solid. Will sell at end of season.

Tom King - 18 year old free transfer from Crystal Palace, decent potential, free transfer. Will give some game time to see how he progresses.

DL/R

Aaron Sinclair - 22 year old attacking left back from Partick. Solid player, and can improve to be a leading SPL fullback. Good going forward also. 275k

Kgose Ntlhe - Young highly rated left back (can also play right) from Peterbourgh. 20 years old, currently very good, with potential to be great.

Andy Wilkinson - 30 year old right back on loan from Stoke. No fee or wages. Decent first choice until I can find a suitable replacement for next season.

Todd Kane - 20 year old right back, free transfer. Good potential but not so developed yet. Will give game time in hope of big progression this season.

Jamie Mills - Academy prospect with good potential, left back. Trying to loan out.

DC

Darren McGregor - Free transfer from St. Mirren. SPL Player of the year last season, solid centre back who I could win the SPL with next season. Key Player.

Darren Barr - Listed at Hearts, signed for 150k. Good centre back who I signed in January, accomplished in SPL.

Sebastian Faure - About as good as Darren Barr, developed into an important player, and can still improve, hasn't put a foot wrong in 2 years.

Luca Gasparotto - Massive prospect. 19 years old. Potential to be my best player, wasn't rated too high at the start. give game time and he will shine. Performs great from start.

Stuart Uquart - Good potential, loaned out to Swindon in League 1 where he has been a key player so far, might use him next season, or loan him out again.

Jordan McGee - Signed as 16 year old from Hearts 2 years ago, good potential, looking to loan him out.

ML/R

David Templeton - Star man. Player of the year last year, and as I play through the wings his dribbling and crossing, and back post goals have been endless.

Arvydas Novikovas - Back up left mid. Signed from Hearts for 230k. Got good potential but at 23 will need a lot of game of game time in order to develop. Looks impressive so far.

Keeghan Jacobs - Singed off Hibs for 175k in January, became first choice right mid, although used in rotation. Has been better than expected.

Dean Shiels - Play as a right mid, has been solid but is now playing second fiddle to Jacobs more and more. May sell next year as natural AMC which I don't use.

Darren Ramsey - Young right mid who I have been giving some game time to in order to develop, scored and set up a good few, good potential.

MC

Ian Black - Use as a ball winning midfielder and is solid, also loves to score a good few screamers. Key player.

Prince Buaben - Got at start of season one for 450k in installments, has become one of my main players in the box to box midfield role.

Abdul Razak - Free transfer from Man City. 21 years old. Very good talent, been impressive from the start with massive potential.

Andy King - Head of Youth signed him from Hearts, young player, but have to use as back up due to losing Arfield and Hutton, decent potential. Scouts rate higher than ass man.

Lewis MacLeod - Decent young back up, doubt he'll make breakthrough into first team though.

Can also use Shiels, Barr and McGregor in midfield if needed.

FC

Luke Freeman - Free transfer, 22 years old. Amazing talent. Is already great, with potential to destroy the SPL for years to come. Valued at £4m.

Andy Little - Captain. Key player, been top scorer for years (inc 3 at Parkhead last season) and will be a key player in SPL.

Will Keane - Another free transfer, 21 years old, good player with great potential, look forward to seeing how he gets on over the next few years.

Fran Sandaza - Having a less important role this season, always looks complacent and doesn't score enough, might not be here in a season or two.

Barrie McKay - Starting to prefer him to Sandaza, scores more and is improving constant. Don't know if he'll be good enough for SPL next season, may loan him or use as back up.

Don MacLeod - 17 year old striker, has been frequently playing and scoring since 15. Massive potential and looks deadly against lesser opponents.

Anyone else hemorrhaging money in the first season with Rangers at a dramatic rate?

Yes, though oddly enough the board has just approved a £4 million project to upgrade the youth facilities. I imagine this means Wallace only has a limited time left at the club.

I cant bring myself to keep playing until the game is patched, i got through the 1st season with the match engine bugs (won challenge cup and the league with 99 points) but i cannot tolerate the admin bug.

Shiels and Little sold without my consent and there was literally nothing beyond cheating and taking over the buyers club and cancelling the deals that i could have done to stop them, despite not being in debt at all.

Hell the day after those two where sold i got the season ticket sales numbers and we made a profit of £4m that month.

So ill probably retire that save (there where 3-4 other players with clubs about to buy them such as Wallace, Sandaza, Brittain and Cribari) and just start a fresh one when SI get this fixed.

Mate once the embargo goes you can sign players I found that over the second season that I lost a hell of a lot of money I think I was making a loss of about 10% of my bank per month and ended up in about £4M worth of debt by the end of the season and that was without buying anyone but with giving a few players new contracts. I gave up on the save at that point.

Archived