FM:13 From topdogs to underdogs, Rangers Football Club

lovenkrands01

Just about finished season 1- some comments:

Players to look at:

Prince Bauben MC- will come on loan- hot and cold, MoM one week, invisible the next but stats are good

Chris Martin ST from Norwich- can play AMC- scoring a goal a game

Chris Herd MC from A Villa- can get a 2 year loan- solid backup

T Kennedy DL- solid backup for Wallace which is needed- probabaly need another D as wellL till Urquhart developes

Leading the league comfortably, semis of the cup (playing Celtic at Parkhead ), knocked out of League Cup by Celtic at Parkhead ( just like all the oters- I smell a conspiracy here ), won the Challenge trophy.

Just to note that the attendance issue has been logged in the Data Issues forum although it appears that the way the game code is set up, it is being interpreted correctly and will need a special code amendment

Started with 4-1-3-2 which was tight defensively but struggled to score, then 4-1-4-1 which wasnt much better and have settled on 4-4-1-1 which is starting to pay dividends.

Intrigued to see how the second transfer window pans out.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on my save so far:

Season:3

League:Scottish First Division (1st)

Silverware:SFL 3, SFL 2, Challenge Cup

Balance:£18M

Key Players:

I've just signed Craig Gordon from Everton and I'm hoping the 31 yr old has a big part to play in our promotion push. I can't fault Neil Alexander who has been brilliant but is not getting any younger. Sebastien Faure has been Mr Consistency in this game and gets his fair share of goals. Keiran Duffie from Falkirk and Barry Douglas from Dundee Utd were signed in my first summer and they have undoubtedly been my 2 best signings in the three seasons. I had to sell Lee Wallace to Blackburn for £3M and I havn't missed him one bit. Another top signing has been Nöel Makombo-Eboma, he has been a little goal machine after signing from Alloa. I do however, regret allowing Barrie McKay a transfer out to MK Dons. He has been in great form for them in League 1.

Anyways, hopefully my next update will be me winning Division 1. :D

Just finished season 2.

Won Div 2 and Ramsdens, ( same as season 1 , League and Ramsdens) best moment is I am now the no 1 club in Scotland again, even in Div 1. Ranked above them once again :-)

The Financial side of things is still worrying though, really hope teh attendance thing is sorted soon as I am leaking money but still in budget for wages etc.

It's all relative. The youngsters will rip up the third division. Trust me.

And all the stats are based off last year so the youngsters which are doing well in real life this season hasn't been taken into account.

I suppose one good thing is that the February update will boost a lot of the kids stats, providing they keep up the quality they have shown for the 1st team.

It's all relative. The youngsters will rip up the third division. Trust me.

And all the stats are based off last year so the youngsters which are doing well in real life this season hasn't been taken into account.

Three seasons in and i'd say keep a hold of Barrie McKay in Sebastien Faure. ;)

Hi, just made a rangers save, i'm an arsenal fan but watched alot of SPL when it was/is on Sky TV, and Rangers have always been my favourite Scottish team to follow :), anyway! here's my transfers, line up, and a few other bits going on in my save.

rangerstransfers.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quite alot of change's kept alot of the youngsters you guys have had success with/recommended and sold a few, most with sell on clauses.

Here's possibly my future replacement captain for Lee McCulloch if he gets injured or retires etc.

gavinpeers.png

Here's the pick of the bunch of my signings, hes been a goal scoring machine for me on previous FM's and personally i think he's bottom half Premier league quality.

leoaro.png

My full squad, theirs a few players in the reserves such as Stella, Hegarty, Crawford and Witorski but they wont be getting games unless the squad is extremely over burdened with injuries/bans, so ill loan them out and tutor them along with the U18's.

firstteamn.png

Fixtures for 2012, only a few friendlies in so far but the first performances are promising, Leo Aro being the star performer so far with 5 goals in 2 appearances.

2012fixtures.png

I have 4.5k in wages available and 254k in transfer budget, but i plan to save that for emergencies, I'll probably loan in a goalkeeper if i can find one, so far Gulacski or liverpool and elliot of newcastle seem to be the only ones who would be willing to come to us that are on the loan list.

Thanks for reading, hope the post wasn't too long! :)

So comes to the end of a nice wee season.

Finished top on 104 points with a +90 goal difference. Was a crazy season, ended up averaging 22 shots on goal a game, teams just sat and took it.

Kinda worried about my wage bill. It's below what I've been given but I'm losing money quite quickly. Need to keep an eye on that.

Kyle and Stella are leaving at the end of the season so should free up some cash. Also planning on maybe selling Koumas. Can I sell players during the embargo?

just finshed my first season won the league with 93 points won the challenge cup league cup went out 4th round on pens to celtic and scottish cup went out in 2nd round

transfers

in:

richard brittain 70k

jason banton freee

craig samson 50k

dean florecne free

out

kai naismith 9k

andy little 110k

neil alexander 95k

heagty 10k

glaacher 5k

total 190k

Just finished the first month of competitive games, it all went swimmingly :)

august.png

The defense have been a brick wall, conceding zero goals, Templeton and Shiels both sit joint top goalscorer's, and Templeton providing 6 assists in 6 appearance's.

David Meyler's loan was terminated by request so i drafted in Hogan Eprahim from QPR as cover, though with 22 man registration i was not able to fit him into the League squad, so ill see how long he is happy to provide cover in cup games :).

Birmingham came in and bought Templeton for buttons mid-season because the board suck. I'm not very happy with that. For the obvious reason as he was a sensation last season but also because I had no say. I wish I could have gave the board an ultimatum about not selling my players.

September has come to a close, David Templeton is still top scorer with 11 goals, and top assists with 7, defense finally conceded at the start of the month largely due to rotation and an injury to Malano, but things back on track, highlight of the month of course is beating Celtic 3-0 at their place:thup:, hoping i don't have the same happen to me in regards to the transfer of david templeton so ill be keeping my fingers crossed that the board doesn't screw up my plans!

septemberj.png

Hogan Eprahim seems to think hes a permanent player as hes requested i let him go out and get some game time elsewhere even though hes on loan to me from QPR, obviously a beta bug.

P.S The board has negotiated buyout fees for the clauses involving Danny Wilson, do you guys usually sell them (around 550k and 700k at the moment) or do you leave them? he doesn't appear to be in Liverpools first team at the moment on my save.

not an ALARMING rate but certainly worrysome. I don't think it'll be patched, I think it's something that will just need to be dealt with.

Thing is, loosing money is probably pretty realistic. We're paying players like Shiels and Kyle big money which just isn't being brought back in Division 3..

After losing money I can understand why the board sell players when offers come in

This is true but i find that alexander and mculloch take a 75% wage cut, or atleast they did in my save. I can understand why the board would sell Wallace for a couple million whilst losing over £1million a month but they wouldnt sell anyone for 85k

nice result against Celtic Steve:thup:

Also got to play Celtic at Parkhead like everyone else in the league cup and managed a 1 0 win. Played a 5 2 2 1 which contained them and scored an early header via Andy Little. Gallacher was immense once again and I couldnt believe Celtic didnt score towards the end. Through to the semi finals against the Sheep and the other tie is all first division.

Have high hopes for Urquhart, Gasporotto and the rest of the youngsters, planning to offload Cribari, Argyriou and Kyle.

Would really recommend everyone to give Scott Gallacher a chance if needed instead of signing a back up. Has conceded only 4 in 16 games including a clean sheet against Celtic and in a lot of the games he has made some top draw saves to earn his clean sheet

nice result against Celtic Steve:thup:

Thanks, i went 4-4-2 against them was extremely happy with the performance and result obviously :)

Just finished October and November

octnov.png

Still unbeaten but conceding a lot more often than i like, but i guess that's bound to happen with the amount of rotation needed to play all those games, lost McCulloch for 3 months (has a month remaining at the end of november)

Gavin Peers should arrive on the 1st of november it will bring much needed boost to the squad depth, won the challenge cup, was a bit of a walk over compared to the semi final match against dunfermline that went to extra time.

EDIT, Well that's extremely annoying, It says Peers joins rangers but he goes straight as a free agent, i've had this happen before as arsenal and moussa sissoko, but i'm guessing this time its down to a conflict with the transfer embargo.

And so it begin's the board just accepted an offer for Hegarty, "handled by the receivers".

One thing I will suggest lads is if you can and your comp can handle it, load in pretty much all the local leagues, i.e. NI, RoI and Wales. You can pick up some good cheap players from there (if you have the cash you can pretty much just gut Linfield for players).

Got a great wee youngster from NI which I'm hoping will turn good. 16 years old, 4 goals in 7. He has a history so may actually exist in all databases, Eamon Hutton, plays for Coleraine.

JUST FINSHED My seconed season walked seconed divsion with 95 points

transfers in :

newby free

transfers out

goian 500k

boncergra 200k

banton 12k

cribari 100k

league cup 3rd round lost to celtic on pens like last year :(

scottish cup semi final yet again lost to celtic on pens just cant seem to win on pens :(

challenge cup lost in 3rd round to airdrie played to many yougstars and cost me wasnt to boterde about this competion anwyays

played a game with rangers pre update but going to start again and see have problems been ironed out, got to division 1 very easily so expect the same again but going to load up more leagues etc..

who are the best players you lot have signed?

Back in the premier league in 3 easy seasons. Really struggling now though! My team just can't score. Everyone sits with 10 men behind the ball worse than when I was in the 3rd division playing Peterhead and the such! Sitting in 8th place, 9 points behind them and was forced into buying Jermaine Defoe as a solution to my lack of goals but that hasn't solved anything. Anyone out there got a solution for me? My team just dont want to cross it either, no matter how much i have tweaked with the tactics they just roll it out to a CM who shoots from distance. Really bugging me now!

The embargo really has fecked me over :(. Watford bid £1.7m for Lee Wallace. He's decided to go and now McCulloch and Shiels are upset a little and wonder why I have sold him. This is where I'd wish there was an option to say that the decision was taken out my hands. I don't have a suitable replacement at the moment with Lappin's loan expired. I need to make it to September the first so I can go and look at signing some free agents. The young LB/CB will start a few games now.

yeah I had the same problem. Templeton last season had 29 assists in 32 games, Birmingham come in with a nothing bid and the board snap the hand off them.

I've found that Little can play on the right and McCulloch on the left but I haven't found a true replacement yet. Finding it quite difficult this season. It's the same problem as last year, I'm getting like 30 shots on target but I'm now letting more goals in so keep drawing. Need to try and find a way of keeping the goals out.

If any of you are looking for goals, try playing Dean Shiels as a deep-lying forward support with an advanced forward-attack alongside him. In 13 games since January time or so, he managed to net 8 goals. Templeton, Naismith and Banton were other good scorers as they netted about 10 each. Ian Black managed to get 7 and 5 assists as an AP-support. I'll probably get a review of my season up soon enough. Finances have improved loads during pre-season and we're now upto about £11m.

About Jan/Feb time, I was looking at some free agents when I came across a 16 year old defender who can play centre back or left back. I decided to sign him as he looks like he could be a good player. The departure of Wallace, Lappin and an injury to Jordan Spence, meant that he got his debut in the League Cup 1st Round against Dumbarton at left back. Which is where I am going to retrain him to. On his debut he goes and get's a goal :).

Edit: Just asked him to be tutored by Ricardo Rocha. Although their personalities aren't the same, I feel that Rocha can help him improve. Especially his determination.

Just finished December and January, got through the window with limited fuss, made several promising youth signings and only lost on player (Chris Hegarty) coincidently to Sligo, the team i signed that gavin peers from who then got released on a free due to a bug :(, but on the plus side hegarty went for 12k and 20percent sell on clause which is pretty much what i would of got if i did it myself, seeing as the game likes to extort you into selling your players for naff all but demand you pay in excess for other teams players.

decjan.png

Next up is League cup Semi final Vs Kilmarknock.

EDIT - The board is pleased with my overall running of the club, but they are very disappointed in the departure of Chris hegarty, you sold him you tards!:rolleyes: not me..

St Mirren are showing interest in Gasparotto, who on my save looks like he could be a very good Center back in the future, ive offered him a new contract see if that makes them lose interest, would be really angry if i lose him for a measly 10k.

UPDATE - so i offered him the contract and he accepted and St Mirren are no longer listed as interested, so that might be one way to avoid our players being sold during this embargo if you can afford the contracts, atleast till the hopefully bug free version of game is out.

Archived