Most disapointing player so far?

cms186

1.5 goals wouldn't have been enough I think, but I am not familiar with all the final match maths.

I'll let soccernet convey my feeling about one of his no less than 5 misses in the game against Denmark, but of course carry on with your RVP stanning

Oh dear! Van Persie has to score. He is in acres of space inside the area and is found by Sneijder, but his first-touch is awful. Andersen rushes out and blocks the eventual right-foot shot. What a waste.

Ronaldo made up for it yesterday imo. Had a great game, two goals doesn't even do it justice.

If he can keep this up, and the rest of the Portuguese keep it up as well, they are a real contender. Easy win against the Czechs in the next round probably.

Rvp,Robben,Kerzhakov , Young ,Glen Johnson

Are you for real? Glen Johnson has been very solid!!!

Anyway, RVP, Ashley Young has been poor in my eyes, and I wasnt impressed with Cristiano Ronaldo at all until last night.

Has nothing to do with who I support. The fact of the matter is, he has been really solid defensively. I would say it about anyone if I believed it.

Ashley Cole has been nothing short of dreadful so far. Not getting although Glen Johnson hate. Is it cool not to appreciate what he gives to the team. Hasn't really put a foot wrong, and when he has found himself exposed has managed to get back to recover.

The way are set up this tournament means the fullbacks are providing a lot of the width, and are going to be a little exposed. I think Johnson has dealt with this very well.

To highlight the weird anti-Johnson thing. He was given a 4 by the Times against Sweden for playing Mellberg onside at a set-peice then scoring an own goal, ingoring the fact we don't play an offisde trap and they were lining up to score that goal thanks to others not marking (particularly Lescott).

Ashley Cole has been nothing short of dreadful so far. Not getting although Glen Johnson hate. Is it cool not to appreciate what he gives to the team. Hasn't really put a foot wrong, and when he has found himself exposed has managed to get back to recover.

What the **** is this post?

Anyway Glenn Johnson can't be in a most disappointing thread because apart from Liverpool fans no one rated him in the first place.

And I'd totally disagree. I am not a fan of him personally, but he is possibly our best player. He works s well as a supporting striker or as a lone striker with attacking midfielders to help him. The problem was that Smuda's idea for our game was to pass/hoof it to him so maybe 'he will do something'. He did all he could, without support most of the time, he often managed to control a high long ball, go past defender, but nobody was there to help him.

That's why I said Piszczek. The best moments we had in this tournament were when Piszczek, rated by the media as one of the best RBs in Europe, was playing like a modern right back. That gave us more options, put opposition under pressure and gave Lewandowski the space.

You can't blame the lonely striker for being in a very average badly managed team, really.

Exactly what I thought about him.

I have to be honest and say that I hadn't seen much of Lewandowski prior to this tournament, but from what I did see of him I thought his quality was self evident. He doesn't look like the quickest player, but he used the ball well when he did get involved in the play, and looked extremely lively in and around the box. Definitely looks like a forward who knows exactly what to do in front of goal.

I thought that in all three of Poland's games there were times where he looked completely isolated. I can recall 3 or 4 occasions where Poland had a good opportunity to cross the ball into the box and Lewandowski was literally the only Pole in there, frequently outnumbered by 3, 4, or even 5 defenders. Given that he doesn't look the quickest, most mobile, or likely to create something for himself with the ball at his feet, I thought it would have been interesting to see how he performed when partnered with another striker pushed right up alongside him, or at least with a more advanced central attacker. Poland seems to concentrate more or less everything down the flanks, so there were times when Lewandowski received the ball in a central position and there was literally nowhere for him to go, or nobody for him to supply the ball to, and at those times the total lack of options led to him looking a bit lost or clumsy. Not his fault though.

Overall, thought he looked like a very good player indeed. Also impressed with Błaszczykowski

Ashley Young and Eriksen. Supposedly exciting players who just haven't done anything, Krohn-Dehli looked a lot better and is barely known at all (regardless of his goals, he technically looked good against Holland in the first game and against Portugal). Young just completely anonymous, I can't remember one nice piece of skill or anything.

I think Spain's attackers and the Dutch attackers on the whole have been disappointing though. Spain haven't looked like an attacking force, they don't really 'probe', just keep the ball patiently, rarely stretch the play. Don't get me wrong, they are good, but they haven't taken apart teams by any means. The Dutch just seem too selfish to get a shot in, but individually they have been ok.

I don't think any defenders have been disappointing, think it's generally accepted there aren't many great defenders around. Can only say I've been disappointed with Giacherrini, just wanted a little less anonymity.

RVP has been disappointing relative to his amazing season however compared to the rest of his team he hasn't been that disappointing, Holland were just ****. Robben been much worse. Young has been disappointing. Glen Johnson's attacking game has been disappointing. His defending is hardly something new.

Saying Sneijder is stupid he carried the Dutch attack only him and RVP looked vaguely interested and the latter was miles off form

Archived