*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

I'm shocked there are no changes to the ME. I think it's widely recognised that the defending on this game is worse than atrocious. Even when I win leagues or get promoted I'm still unhappy with the level of defending and the way the opposition score goals.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm shocked there are no changes to the ME. I think it's widely recognised that the defending on this game is worse than atrocious. Even when I win leagues or get promoted I'm still unhappy with the level of defending and the way the opposition score goals.

There were never going to be, been mentioned numerous times already, they are working on the new ME

• Administrators
steven naismith at rangers is injured for the season but not in the game. how hard can it be to get that right?

EDIT Also mat Mckay has moved too some south korean team. nice work on the half done job this year SI. i've had the feeling yous hav not been too botherd this year from the day the game was released.

Naismith's injury took place after the season had started so is not included. McKay's transfer was concluded on the 22nd of Feb so was too late for the data update.

• Administrators
Nice update, but still no fix for players who are all the time tired after playing matches:-(, my players are always tired after playing a match, every month I have to send more as 4 players on holiday because they need a long rest, if I don't give them rest, they got injured for many months, nothing wrong with the trainingfacilities (medium) and I have 4.5 star coach on condition:thdn:

I'd suggest rotating more, having the training levels lower than you are and perhaps resting players who get tired often for a day or two after match days. This certainly helped in my game.

• Administrators
if they botherd to properly update transfers and fix a match engine where any of your players had at least a 1% chance of scoring from a cross then it would be great.

Please keep your feedback constructive and I've replied in regards to your data concerns.

so asking for a better match engine is not constructive? and btw i pay full price for the game so i think i am allowed to vent my disapointment on the patch if i like. this is the thread to do it. or would u rather i opened up a new thread on the matter?

if they botherd to properly update transfers and fix a match engine where any of your players had at least a 1% chance of scoring from a cross then it would be great.

Although your posts make you look like a massive moron you do have a point with crossing. I really hope FM13 sorts this out as it's pointless trying to cross the ball as things stand, you just never score from them.

• Administrators
so asking for a better match engine is not constructive? and btw i pay full price for the game so i think i am allowed to vent my disapointment on the patch if i like. this is the thread to do it. or would u rather i opened up a new thread on the matter?

No, asking for a better match engine isn't particularly constructive. Saying you'd like a better match engine because you feel the crossing isn't realistic is constructive. We've said for a long time that there were to be minimal match engine changes for this version, but yeah, we appreciate stating what they think is wrong with the match engine and other areas so we can look into it. Cheers.

When I click on the FM logo it tells me that Steam is too busy to deal with my request?

In your steam games library right click on Football Manager 2012 > Properties > View Integrity of Game Cache.

It's likely some file/s haven't downloaded properly.

No, asking for a better match engine isn't particularly constructive. Saying you'd like a better match engine because you feel the crossing isn't realistic is constructive. We've said for a long time that there were to be minimal match engine changes for this version, but yeah, we appreciate stating what they think is wrong with the match engine and other areas so we can look into it. Cheers.

thats a contradiction. it cant always be good praise. and surely i am not the only one who's disappointed with the "minimal math engine changes".

Feedback does need to be constructive guys. I have to say though, the ME is very poor and I'm very disappointed in no improvements. It's a forum, you have to accept criticism as well as praise.

But like been said many many time today and in past there was never going to be any major M.E changes for fm12 so they can spend time on a new M.E for fm13 so you should of expected this should't you or anyone else ??

I'm getting three windows pop up. Two are saying FM isn't supported on my Mac (the one I've been playing it on, latest Mac Mini) and a steam popup behind all that saying the game is unavailable. Are all three related? Tried verifying, all seems fine. Tried offline, restarted, blah. No joy.

• Administrators
The update 12.2.0 creates a major problem. In the Greek superleague, automatically transforms a lot of european player to foreigners!

Any suggestions?

What nations are these players from that are now showing up as 'Fgn' when they weren't before?

thats a contradiction. it cant always be good praise. and surely i am not the only one who's disappointed with the "minimal math engine changes".

But your missing the whole point of it frogg this as been plan from day 1 there was never going to be any major M.E Changes for fm12 so although your disappointed which is fairenough you should't of really expected any different

I have a (big) problem with the new editor: now, with the update, I can't use it because the green image that SI chose as background. I can't read the written words of the menu! I'm the only one with this problem?

ps: I'm using a Mac...

The update 12.2.0 creates a major problem. In the Greek superleague, automatically transforms a lot of european player to foreigners!

Any suggestions?

There appears to be a few problems with EU national status borking on the updated db, I've already reported the problem with Romania & Bulgaria.

But your missing the whole point of it frogg this as been plan from day 1 there was never going to be any major M.E Changes for fm12 so although your disappointed which is fairenough you should't of really expected any different

i've not been on this forum so much this year though and never knew this. just hope theres big changes for fm13.

i've not been on this forum so much this year though and never knew this. just hope theres big changes for fm13.

Well there working on a new M.E so im guessing its going to be better and more advanced

• Administrators
So non-Russian players now cannot get citizenship after 7 years in the country? This screws my entire team and save LOL. Now anyone not Russian counts as foreign, no longer can they acquire it. Even people who already acquired it.

To be honest a rule change like this I'd doubt would come into effect in an already started save. Is this happening for you, or do you mean from a new game?

• Administrators
Launched the game. But still not updating anything, Im on the home screen of FM2012.

Okay quit the game, close down Steam and re-launch Steam. Then try verifying the game cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

To be honest a rule change like this I'd doubt would come into effect in an already started save. Is this happening for you, or do you mean from a new game?

No, it came in mid save. It also changed the transfer windows mid save from Jan 25th to Jan 1st which is good.

But players I had who had acquired Russian nationality now don't count as Russians anymore. And players who were close to getting Russian citizenship don't get it anymore. It stops counting it.

• Administrators

Was this after the first season? I don't know the in's and outs myself, but it could be related to the league changing to fit into the normal 'European' calender. There may have been a rule change as well - I'll have to check with our rule groups guy. Thanks for letting us know.

Was this after the first season? I don't know the in's and outs myself, but it could be related to the league changing to fit into the normal 'European' calender. There may have been a rule change as well - I'll have to check with our rule groups guy. Thanks for letting us know.

It just happened after I updated today.... 2015 October in the game. I think this might be a new rule actually the league is putting in place, so I don't think its a mistake. Just weird for it to happen I guess overnight.

I have a (big) problem with the new editor: now, with the update, I can't use it because the green image that SI chose as background. I can't read the written words of the menu! I'm the only one with this problem?

ps: I'm using a Mac...

I'm the only one with this problem? Can anyone try to open the new editor and see if you have this kind of problem? Thanks

Click on rangers then view club still shows as secure

Not for me, they show as bankrupt on a new start.

Stupid question but it has to be asked, have you actually started a new game & selected the 12.2.0 database?

anyone know why this has gone?
The current game day/month isn't listed in the mini calendar top left of screen using the default skins no more. Bug or intentional for some daft reason?

I'm having this issue with the Base2012 skins, but is ok on the default skins.

Has changing the attribute colours been fixed so they stay when you shut the game down and start again?

Archived