*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
I'm the only one with this problem? Can anyone try to open the new editor and see if you have this kind of problem? Thanks

Can you try uninstalling the editor and removing the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations before re-installing and having another go please:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

Thanks

Not for me, they show as bankrupt on a new start.

Stupid question but it has to be asked, have you actually started a new game & selected the 12.2.0 database?

Yes, balotelli is listed as available for loan and is in the reserves??

• Administrators

In regards to the 'can't see dates in corner' issue, can you try re-verifying cache? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

In regards to the 'green editor' issue, can you try (if you're on a Mac) what Ant suggests above.

If you're on PC, can you try deleting the cache as shown here? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7218941&viewfull=1#post7218941

Let me know how you get on, thanks/

Has HD friendly skin been added to this patch ?

Just had a look and nothing :thdn: Really unimpressed that this issue has not be dealt with, anybody with large monitor/lcd tv is struggling playing this game and nothing has been done about it. Putting effort into making skins for iphone games and ipad game but no effort into pc HD version :rolleyes:

• Administrators
I go to start up fm, it installs the new patch then says "the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2012. error code 53" then it wont let me start the game. Any ideas?

Read this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7228260&viewfull=1#post7228260

• Administrators
Just had a look and nothing :thdn: Really unimpressed that this issue has not be dealt with, anybody with large monitor/lcd tv is struggling playing this game and nothing has been done about it. Putting effort into making skins for iphone games and ipad game but no effort into pc HD version :rolleyes:

A completely different team work on FMH than to FM so it's completely different resources. It's quite a complicated thing to put in, for every single screen work would have to be done and there was no way we had time to do it for this update I'm afraid.

I'm using a 32" 1080p TV & all is fine for me, has been since day 1.

Gotta love this game - Stuart Pearce was announced as new England manager and first course of business was to appoint JOHN TERRY lol as Captain. Brilliant

I've changed this in editor to parker

You sure you've not added edited data?

Just checked & the lad is correct on Balotelli, he's in the reserves & listed as available for loan.

Rangers are listed as Bankrupt & in receivership so that's fine.

A completely different team work on FMH than to FM so it's completely different resources. It's quite a complicated thing to put in, for every single screen work would have to be done and there was no way we had time to do it for this update I'm afraid.

Can you confirm if this is gonna be something you are gonna do for next update(if there is one) or for next version of FM ? Thanks for your response :)

I'm using a 32" 1080p TV & all is fine for me, has been since day 1.

Im using 40" and its bearable if I sit 2 feet away from the screen but as you can imagine its not a pleasant experience. I haver tried different skins but still no joy :)

In regards to the 'can't see dates in corner' issue, can you try re-verifying cache? - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Let me know how you get on, thanks/

I tried it with a skin called Base2012 Dark BG which let me use a custom darker background and verified my cache files but its still not showing. it shows when I use the FM 2012 Dark skin but I want to use this other skin as the default dark one isn't dark enough.

Is there some other way to change the background of the default dark one?

thanks

is this a bug? when i'm Rangers i can still go into transfer centre and reject offer for players.

Not necessarily, if the receivers regard the offer as acceptable they should be accepting it automatically if the haven't done so then you should still be able to decline the bid.

Just checked & the lad is correct on Balotelli, he's in the reserves & listed as available for loan.

Rangers are listed as Bankrupt & in receivership so that's fine.

Yes if you look at rangers in the information bit it shows as bankrupt, however if you click on rangers and look at overview of the club/view club, on the left hand side of the screen it shows the finances as secure.

Can you confirm if this is gonna be something you are gonna do for next update(if there is one) or for next version of FM ? Thanks for your response :)

Im using 40" and its bearable if I sit 2 feet away from the screen but as you can imagine its not a pleasant experience. I haver tried different skins but still no joy :)

There's your problem, sit further away.

You're not supposed to sit that close to such a large screen.

• Administrators

I'm afraid there are no plans for any further updates for FM2012 at this stage. I can't really speak for any future version I'm afraid but from a personal perspective I'd like to see it in. Sadly I don't get to pick and choose what goes in the game! :D

• Administrators
Yes if you look at rangers in the information bit it shows as bankrupt, however if you click on rangers and look at overview of the club/view club, on the left hand side of the screen it shows the finances as secure.

Is this in the 'Club Details' section? Shows as Insecure here - let me know, thanks.

Mine has them as insecure.

I'm running FM in windowed mode on my 47" TV and dont have any issues (except in the editor where its kinda hard to read how many 0's there are when changing stuff).

Admittidly i have my desktop resolution at 1440x900 but thats not a FM issue - thats just i find stuff impossible to read on the net if i go to a higher resolution (other games are fine in 1920x1080 though such as Skyrim).

Hello.

There was an big issue in the turkish league. When you win the league the win doesn´t appear in the achivments screen. And you dont get a news about the league win, so you win for nothing because it doesnt count and can not be seen. And now I looked through the fix list for 12.2.0 and didnt see any fix for this issue. So now there is no idea of playing as a team in the turkish league. Why didnt you fix this SI and spoiled the enjoyment of playing this league. Please answer.

Best regards

Turkish fm fan

There's your problem, sit further away.

You're not supposed to sit that close to such a large screen.

I know how far you have to sit away from the screen, if I do sit any further back I have to strain my eyes to be able to see anything as writing is so small.

I'm afraid there are no plans for any further updates for FM2012 at this stage. I can't really speak for any future version I'm afraid but from a personal perspective I'd like to see it in. Sadly I don't get to pick and choose what goes in the game! :D

Well whoever is in charge of skins tell them to pull their finger out and sort something out for future version of the game ...... thank you very much indeed ;)

Not necessarily, if the receivers regard the offer as acceptable they should be accepting it automatically if the haven't done so then you should still be able to decline the bid.

so i as manager can wait till the administrators accept a transfer bid then go behind their backs and reject the offer. seems unlikely but i wont complain.

• Administrators
Hello.

There was an big issue in the turkish league. When you win the league the win doesn´t appear in the achivments screen. And you dont get a news about the league win, so you win for nothing because it doesnt count and can not be seen. And now I looked through the fix list for 12.2.0 and didnt see any fix for this issue. So now there is no idea of playing as a team in the turkish league. Why didnt you fix this SI and spoiled the enjoyment of playing this league. Please answer.

Best regards

Turkish fm fan

Hi there, I'm afraid due to the way this works (two XML files, one for 2011 playoff system and one for 2012 league system) this couldn't be fixed for this update. Under achievements does the league win show up in the history?

I know how far you have to sit away from the screen, if I do sit any further back I have to strain my eyes to be able to see anything as writing is so small.

I guess that I've just got used to it, I will accept that the text is on the small side & a lot of the screen doesn't get used or it stretches some sections a little too much.

Can you try uninstalling the editor and removing the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations before re-installing and having another go please:

User > Library > Caches

&

Thanks

ok, now it runs! Thanks ;)

• Administrators
Does anyone else have issues loading the editor? when i loaded mine, it gives me a greenish background with words hardly being able to see and i tried to click blindly to no effect?

Is this for Mac or PC?

For Mac:

User > Library > Caches

&

For PC try uninstalling and reinstalling, then delete editor cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7218941&viewfull=1#post7218941

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I'm running FM in windowed mode on my 47" TV and dont have any issues (except in the editor where its kinda hard to read how many 0's there are when changing stuff).

Admittidly i have my desktop resolution at 1440x900 but thats not a FM issue - thats just i find stuff impossible to read on the net if i go to a higher resolution (other games are fine in 1920x1080 though such as Skyrim).

Why dont you just use zoom mode in your browser when using the net ? Have tried different resolutions to 1920x1080 but it just doesnt look good on bigger screen

so i as manager can wait till the administrators accept a transfer bid then go behind their backs and reject the offer. seems unlikely but i wont complain.

That wasn't what I was aiming for, IMHO it should be treated the same as when your chairmen steps in to accept a bid for your star player, if the administrators think that the bid is a fair value then they should step in & accept the offer, if they think otherwise then the decision should be deferred to you as manager to decide if you can do without the player.

Hi there, I'm afraid due to the way this works (two XML files, one for 2011 playoff system and one for 2012 league system) this couldn't be fixed for this update. Under achievements does the league win show up in the history?

Hi Neil, thanks for your fast reply. I understand, but as you can see this issue takes away very much from the enjoyment of playing for us. The win doesnt appear and if i am not wrong you even dont get a news update after winning the league in 2012-2013 and further.

Archived