[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What match prep are you using fuss! 442 is definately the way forward for the new patch!

I'm liking the 442, it's main weakness is against certain formations as opposed to strong teams. In my tests I did better against Man Utd than I did Brighton, because Brighton use a horrible 4-2-3-1 which 442s seem to struggle with. The real test will be Man City and Chelsea whom tend to this variations of that formation.

Essentially any league where most of the opponents use 4-4-2 (i.e. all the english leagues), this will dominate easily. Against more unusual formations it may need tweaking.

Hey Fuss when do you think u will be releasing this new version, can't get anythin workin atm. And do you think it cud work with sum1 like crewe my hometeam cant get 1 to work wid them this year.

It uses a lot of roam and hold-up instructions up front to create movement, I don't think anybody outside of a top championship team would be comfortable pulling it off to be honest. I'm not going to test with anybody lesser than the likes of Wolves and Norwich as it seems the majority of tactic down-loaders tend to play that level of team or above.

Wowww FuSS, those results look amazing! can't wait to try it out! :)

The Beta I released a page or two back really is very similar to what I'm using now, give it a whirl.

Gotta add the importance of friendlies in - lot's of easy friendlies pre-season to get used to the tactic is vital. A run of form is vital. Both these things can be generated in pre-season ready for the first league match.

It seems the 442 is really a powerful formation in this patch. This results are from my Stoke save in 2015, with the tactic I'm currently using (also a 442):

stoke_table3.jpg

I missed this from you Marce.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts you have mate as your tweak of cotomonosity is still amongst my favourites. I'm having a little trouble defending set-pieces, it's never been my thing!

Honestly jimmy if u use it with united u wont be dissapointed, I am not real Madrid manager and have been destroying teams 3-4 nil, hardly ever conceed. It was really good defensively and in attack for qpr and it's unreal with a superior team! Give it ago as it is or with the 10notch def tweak either way it's unreal

Can you give the new beta version a go, got a couple of defensive tweaks and I'd be really interested in any difference. Especially as you've had a massive amount of success with QPR with the first beta.

Also - any problems with set pieces, and any observations/analysis stats on where u tend to concede from would be great!

Latest scalps

ArsenalvWolvesStats_MatchStats-2.png

WolvesvBlackburnInformation_Overview.png

Just had an awful performance against Villa, we won 2-1 but it was close.

The first half they were the better team and went 1-0 up. This is because they used a 4-2-3-1 (Wide), which I've complained about before. For some reason they switched to 4-4-2 at half time and we came back to win comfortably. But I definitely need to look at combating 4-2-3-1's, it's a toughy. Ideas welcome.

what's very interesting is that against solid build up teams (Liverpool/United) offside trap works best. Against fast winger team (Arsenal) turning the offside trap off works best!

Tough one!

Why not simply tweak the tactic on match to match basis? It's not only about offside trap too, using a DM could potentialy solve 4231 issues.

I missed this from you Marce.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts you have mate as your tweak of cotomonosity is still amongst my favourites. I'm having a little trouble defending set-pieces, it's never been my thing!

Hi Fuss, sent you a PM.

Why not simply tweak the tactic on match to match basis? It's not only about offside trap too, using a DM could potentialy solve 4231 issues.

While that definitely works and is something I always recommend and do in my personal games - we're aiming for the best 'plug and play' tactic for people to use with the least fuss possible, so as close as I can get to a one size fits all is great. I can always recommend situational tweaks later.

Fuss, with your lastest victories against Arsenal and Blackburn did you choose the offside trap? Have you settled on that aspect of the tactic yet?

generally I'm keeping the offside trap - it's a case of being match aware, if you see a top player that's good at beating the offside trap beating it in the match engine (Tevez and Van Persie spring to mind), then turn it off! It's worth remembering that Wolves don't have the best defenders in the world either.

right second season im 2nd with qpr, played 18, the 9 at home i have won all of scoring 31 and conceeding 5, but the 8 away is wierd, obviously its harder away from home but i have won 3 drawn 2 and lost 3 scoring 8 and conceeding 9! any ideas or help fuss?

right second season im 2nd with qpr, played 18, the 9 at home i have won all of scoring 31 and conceeding 5, but the 8 away is wierd, obviously its harder away from home but i have won 3 drawn 2 and lost 3 scoring 8 and conceeding 9! any ideas or help fuss?

You're rep is going to have massively increased due to your excellent first season - so other teams will now play against you accordingly (i.e. you'll now be treated as a big threat). So it's going to be harder, you'll need to strengthen your team quite a lot but also balance that with squad harmony.

Which version are you using season 2? It could just be that the other version was better for you?

just started using this tactic. I'm in my third season with a very successful NUFC side. I've won most things, if not everything, using Mr Hough's 4123 system but fancied a change. I have quality players all over the pitch so was wanting to refresh things and this seems to be doing it. I've only played 3 matches with the beta 442 tactic but I am destroying teams and it's actually really fun to watch. Great passing and great chasing down. As soon as the oppo get the ball my wingers and full backs seem to blast in to them, get the ball and start a counter attack. I've having 20 odd shots on goal.

I have a very young side, using a Messi-esque re-gen up front who I got from Barcelona on a minimum release fee and he is on fire.

Nice one!

starting a save with leicester using your beta version. standard pitch size, no OIs. own team talks. hope to battle for the title. should i use a DMC against 4-2-3-1? remove offside trap against teams with fast winger? i´ll keep on posting my results!

Try it as is first (although can't remember which version I've upload to your guys!)

I currently favour:

D-Line of 10.

Offside trap ON.

Full-backs on Zonal marking with low crossing and mid through-balls.

Those are the things I'm still messing with and would like opinions from others on.

just started using this tactic. I'm in my third season with a very successful NUFC side. I've won most things, if not everything, using Mr Hough's 4123 system but fancied a change. I have quality players all over the pitch so was wanting to refresh things and this seems to be doing it. I've only played 3 matches with the beta 442 tactic but I am destroying teams and it's actually really fun to watch. Great passing and great chasing down. As soon as the oppo get the ball my wingers and full backs seem to blast in to them, get the ball and start a counter attack. I've having 20 odd shots on goal.

I have a very young side, using a Messi-esque re-gen up front who I got from Barcelona on a minimum release fee and he is on fire.

Nice one!

Good to hear, I was using hough's tactic myself before deciding I wanted a 442.

Really looking forward to giving this one a try. It would be nice to find a tactic that doesn't neccessarily have to sacrifice possession in order to create quick clear cut chances.

I'm usually getting around 50% possession - and that's with Wolves against better team.

With my super Norwich side in 2018 other teams are lucky to touch the balls, but that's a very extreme example.

FuSS when u gona to relase Final version ?

I'm replaying Man-City Away again and again trying to tweak the tactic and get consistent results. They are the hardest opposition for this tactic due to the quality of players, their creativity in finding space, and the fact that they use a tactical shape that is particular good against 442's.

I can give them a very good game with wolves currently - which in fairness I should be happy with. But I cant beat them with anything more than the odd fluke.

When I either succeed or admit that I just can't quite beat them with Wolves, then I'll release.

I've been using this tactic for a couple of months ingame time now, and although the team is still not fluid in one or two areas (tempo and mentality both accomplished), this is the best looking tactic I've seen. At home I pretty much dominate everything. Away is a different story. Silly individual errors (from good players, eg Vertonghen) and an inablity to put the ball in the net (eg Cavani) means I havent yet had an away win in the League, though I havent lost many either. I's mainly draws. Bear in mind this is against teams like Swansea, Bolton and Everton, not Man City, Utd, Arse etc.

The opposition, when at home, seem to score from 20-30 yds, or ordinary players will make a complete mug of my supposedly quality defender. I often have 10-15 shots on target with 3 or 4 CCCs, yet do not score. Its a little baffling.

I have a quality team so I am giving it more time as it really does look fantastic in the match engine. I just cant quite work out why I cant be more effective away. If it starts looking like I'm not going to qualify for CL (6th in mid dec) I might start reverting to my 4231 away from home.

I'm Tottenham and came 2nd in league last season, just getting pipped by City in the last 4 games.

My current 1st choice XI is: Ter Stegen, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, M'Bengue, Lennon, M'Vila, Modric, Bale, Cavani, Luuk De Jong

2bundesligan.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

great tactic. Objective zone medium, 10º. And I got up at first

I like the tactic but against teams below cost me much and I lost one I would have served to win the league.

for example, I lost the two games for Karlsruhe and at the end has dropped to third. Also with Dynamo Dresden and last out. I think those types of games are what really need to win

I'm really happy with the results against city and my tweaking.

But I have to get more testing done and be careful that I haven't just invented some sort of anti-city tactic that isn't so good else where.

It's the end of the financial year so I'm snowed under reviewing my staff's performances at work and completing next years budgets. I'll do what I can, but at the moment work comes first and is eating all my time.

Quality stuff!!! I know that the screenshot is massively impressive but how is the defense holding up in general terms?

I've been tweaking through-out the season, and did some major overhauls on the tactic based on the man-city game. Beat Man City several times (replays to check it wasn't a fluke), then Spurs was the next game which went as above...so it;s looking solid, but early days to be honest.

I tweaked abit. I change the ML/R to AML/R, the attacking increase without losing too weak defense behind. I am testing if I want 2 FW or 1 FW, 1 AMC combination.

With my bolton (expect 15th), came 3rd in league, was in the final of CL only lost 2-1 to madrid to 2 C.Ronaldo goals (i came 4th last season with Bolton), won FA CUP beated Tottenham. N'Gog still my striker and I don't have any new players mad. I dont have Cananvi (the guy from Napoli), my best players costed me 2M only.

A great Defensive corner can copy this: http://www.fm-thai.com/board/index.php?showtopic=109011

Archived