[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuss, sorry to be a pest...is there an easier way for removing all the OI's that are pre-set at the begin of a match without going through ever player and unticking them?

start a match, pause it, manually remove all the OI's, then save the tactic with a different name. before the next match load the new tactic. for me it worked.

Here is an update of my experience with this tactic so far. I am man utd, and i am in my second season. I have purchased modric (50 mil board signing), criscito (15 mil), neymar (50 mil) and hummels (20 mil). I also had to sell a few players in order to fund these transfers such as anderson and berbatov, so please hold your comments about how i cheated etc.

As you can see, my two strikers are on fire and are well on their way to getting 60 + goals each this season. I also like how my wingers chip in aswell and i estimate that they will get 20 or so goals each come the end of the season

manchesterunitedsquadpl.png

I have drawn one game all season ( 2-2 against chelsea when the tactic wasnt fluid). Other than that its been win win win!

manchesterunitedfixture.png

My team have dominated the premier league statistically

barclayspremierleaguest.png

41 goals in 11 games is absolutely ridiculous and with two games in hand I can already begin to establish a considerable lead

barclayspremierleagueov.png

A few words

This tactic has been really impressive for me. I would recommend this with confidence to anyone looking to use a 4222 with dm's for a big team. The movement is also lovely to watch, there are through balls, triangles and one twos coming in from every angle. What i most wanted to comment on is the creative freedom. This tactic allows your players enough freedom to express themselves in disregard of his tactical instructions however when the moment comes to pass the ball or shoot, they actually do it. You never get frustrated as the players use the ball and space effectively with this tactic.

Just wanted to add my appreciation to Fuss for this brilliant tactic. Just won the double with Liverpool and before using this tactic (the original one) I could barely win a game.

I don't know how to post a screen shot but will gladly do so if someone is kind enough to show me how.

Hey Fuss,

After such fantastic initial results, as shown by my set of screenshots earlier, something appears to have happened. The tactic appears to have lost some of its kick. Whilst i still am winning games(its not a complete meltdown) i am not winning convincingly, creating enough ccc's or scoring enough. This might just be a rough patch so im going to stick with the tactic. However, is there anything you would advise me to try and change?

Okay. After changing my passing focus to through the middle, results and tactic movement have picked up again. My only question is do i keep rotating the pass focus whenever the tactic runs dry?

Hey Fuss,

After such fantastic initial results, as shown by my set of screenshots earlier, something appears to have happened. The tactic appears to have lost some of its kick. Whilst i still am winning games(its not a complete meltdown) i am not winning convincingly, creating enough ccc's or scoring enough. This might just be a rough patch so im going to stick with the tactic. However, is there anything you would advise me to try and change?

Okay. After changing my passing focus to through the middle, results and tactic movement have picked up again. My only question is do i keep rotating the pass focus whenever the tactic runs dry?

Yup, through the middle isn't as good as the original setup, but it appears to be a significant enough change to keep the AI guessing. My advice is to essentially rotate every few months when things get tough or you hit a sticky patch.

The AI will always work against you - as you succeed your reputation will grow, which will in turn make other teams play more defensively against you. Which of course makes them tougher to beat and gives them more chance to counter your tactic. Nothing is fool proof, but a few changes here and there can keep um guessing.

If you a big team jacking the width up can also work well as such a change (16 notches), but be careful as it leaves you open to odd formations and other strong teams.

Is this tactic just for the latest patch?

Guys, please, just answer my question, this wil be the fifth time I've asked with no answers! It's a pretty straight forward question and the answer doesn't seem to be in the OP.

Thanks.

Guys, please, just answer my question, this wil be the fifth time I've asked with no answers! It's a pretty straight forward question and the answer doesn't seem to be in the OP.

Thanks.

None of the patches so far had any significative ME changes, so this and any other FM12 tactic can be used with any patch.

Had a great 2 seasons with man utd using this tactic. I won everything in the second season, literally the premier league, fa cup, league cup, community shield, super cup, club world championship! My strikers got 70 goals and 51 goals whilst my wingers got 21 goals each and a bag of assists. In the premier league I scored 138 goals and conceded about 28 i think, which lead to de gea winning gk of the year with 19 clean sheets. I remained unbeaten the whole season winning all my games apart from 2 which i drew.

Its a great tactic, with great movement. However it does get a bit annoying how the tactic looses its punch and you have to keep swapping the focus, as it is hard to judge whether your players are having an off day or if the tactic is becoming weak again.

Anyway, do use it, its awesome!

I'm a big fan of play makers, but haven't tried it in this tactic.

1) I see two possibilities...if you have a good all-rounder as a striker (Wayne Rooney style player), then he could play as a playmaker in one of the striker positions.

2) If you have a very capable MC or DMC that can play the ball well (I.E. a deep playing play maker), then one of the DMC's could be worth trying out as a playmaker.

The striker is possible. In my Game with my brother, he used 0.3 Final and simply moved the AMC to a ST with a barrow, used him as the playmaker, Rooney type as you say. It seemed to work well as he was promoted.

Hey Fuss,

welcome to fm 12 mate ;)

probably one of SI's new discoveries, in order to make the game "harder" to play...

welcome to fm 12 mate ;)

probably one of SI's new discoveries, in order to make the game "harder" to play...

Is this a good thing or bad thing though?

I understand si want to make the game harder but its a bit unrealistic that all of a sudden your tactic just becomes ineffective like that. I mean iv'e never seen fergie change his whole tactics half was through the season because every team has suddenly cracked it :s

Hey Fuss,

you should try to talk with yours players that aren't playng well, in the personal interaction, and ask they to play better...

Is this a good thing or bad thing though?

I understand si want to make the game harder but its a bit unrealistic that all of a sudden your tactic just becomes ineffective like that. I mean iv'e never seen fergie change his whole tactics half was through the season because every team has suddenly cracked it :s

Actually in real life most teams (inc man utd) change their tactics every single game. So having any tactic that continues to work isn't realistic.

The problem is our definition of changing tactics, you can argue that Fergi usually sets out a face passed, short passing, counter attacking, 4-4-2. But I bet before every single games he's informs the team which players to watch out for...or to drop a little deeper because Suarz is fast...or to play a little narrow and close down the wingers against Chelsea...or to play higher up the field and put pressure on Norwich...or....

So you can see that Fergi does technically change his tactics every game, and that's what SI has tried to re-create with 'shouts', sadly shouts are a little rubbish and all they actually do is slightly adjust the tactical sliders.

So, in short, if the game were realistic, we'd have one or two base tactics, and adjust them every game to beat the particular opposition we were facing.

This actually works remarkably well in game - but people are too lazy and/or too impatient to do it; and as such they hunt for a single 'click and win' tactic.

No don't get me wrong i understand that. I just couldn't be bothered to go into depth in my initial post.

What i'm saying is yes a manager has to react to the team infront of him. However the base tactic/formation is always the same. For instance arsenal will always look to play short fast passing football with a compact midfield. However, against a team like barca they might tighten up their midfield three and give their full backs less freedom, whilst against wolves they might look to open up and stretch their wingers to create space and allow the midfielders to roam more. These are game by game changes which are essential for a manger to be both effective and succesful. However, arsenal are always going to look to play a passing game even if they are playing a more defensive strategy, similarly to madrid who will play a direct game whether they are attacking/defending/digging in/controlling.

I agree that shouts "should" be the way to implement this into the game, however in my personal experience they just don't do the job. I think that fm wants us to CHANGE our tactics whereas you only really need to ADAPT to your opposition.

Hi, is there going to be a more polished version of this tactic released as mention in the introduction or does the beta version need no tweaking due to the vast success everyone is having with it?

Possibly, working on a few ideas at the moment.

in my opinion the beta version is like 90% perfect. I have never used a tactic like it :S

In terms of plug and play, i suppose it could be tweaked in order to lengthen its effectiveness

Thanks, is pretty awesome.

This tactic was awful in league 2 (lower league in england). Lost 5 in a row. hehe. Going back to vudu.

It's not particularly suitable to lower leagues, the plays aren't technically sound enough. The more you generalise a tactic to work for everyone, the more edge is loses at each end of the scale.

in my opinion the beta version is like 90% perfect. I have never used a tactic like it :S

In terms of plug and play, i suppose it could be tweaked in order to lengthen its effectiveness

What beta version is that you are talking about? There is only one tactic in the OP, which is V1. Is that supposed to be the beta?

hello Fuss. i had test your tactic with Newcastle and i'm so confused why your tactic is weaker and very weak when my team play at away. It is different when i play at home. It more stronger when played at home

No don't get me wrong i understand that. I just couldn't be bothered to go into depth in my initial post.

What i'm saying is yes a manager has to react to the team infront of him. However the base tactic/formation is always the same. For instance arsenal will always look to play short fast passing football with a compact midfield. However, against a team like barca they might tighten up their midfield three and give their full backs less freedom, whilst against wolves they might look to open up and stretch their wingers to create space and allow the midfielders to roam more. These are game by game changes which are essential for a manger to be both effective and succesful. However, arsenal are always going to look to play a passing game even if they are playing a more defensive strategy, similarly to madrid who will play a direct game whether they are attacking/defending/digging in/controlling.

I agree that shouts "should" be the way to implement this into the game, however in my personal experience they just don't do the job. I think that fm wants us to CHANGE our tactics whereas you only really need to ADAPT to your opposition.

Good post. I agree with this.

What beta version is that you are talking about? There is only one tactic in the OP, which is V1. Is that supposed to be the beta?

yh technically i suppose. As he said he was still looking to improve or something. I think he said a few posts up that he is trying a few settings with some tactic or another aswell.

Can anyone suggest what to do with Javier Pastore in this tactic? I've started a new game with PSG and obviously the only place he really plays is AMC but I really don't want to sell him. I've also brought in Tevez and Gareth Bale and want to sign either Owen or Anelka.

Can anyone suggest what to do with Javier Pastore in this tactic? I've started a new game with PSG and obviously the only place he really plays is AMC but I really don't want to sell him. I've also brought in Tevez and Gareth Bale and want to sign either Owen or Anelka.

He's should do well on one of the wings, he's certainly good enough to play as an inside forward. Bale will be amazing on the right, and Tevez is solid upfront - although a little slow for my taste.

Owen and Anelka are both awful in comparison...why on earth would you bother?

Fuss. When you used this tactic is all you literally did was just change the focus from time to time? It just doesn't seem to be working as consistently as before..

I like to mess with the width too, but essentially yes.

That said I haven't used it for quite a while due to working on something new.

Hey FuSS

Two questions

1. How do you use width? I mean, when do U find it prober to play narrow or wide?

2. If you play with Wolves or Norwich, which tweaks do you use aganst big teams or do use any at all?

Thank you for a good tactic

Kent - Denamrk

Fuss. When you used this tactic is all you literally did was just change the focus from time to time? It just doesn't seem to be working as consistently as before..

It doesn't work at all anymore. I used it for two seasons and won everything whilst losing maybe three games. I'm in my third season and the tactic is now terrible, I've lost four games in sixteen and drawn three. Quite an amazing change from winning everything in two seasons and only losing a few games.

This version of FM is a strange beast, but it was fun whilst it lasted.

Archived