Mr Hough Boots To Asses FM12

Mr Hough: A couple of questions.

1. Do you use this same tactic all season, every season? What do you do when the AI figures out the tactic your using? Isnt it best to use at least 2 tactics?

2. I havent really mastered the team talk aspect yet, so i think ill go with the assistant manager at first, and then talk those players that need it. But what other then motivation does the assistant manager need to handle team talks?

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Hough please upload your tactic. I wanna try it with tottenham, because still i don't have a good tactic for them.

Just won the prem and europa cup with Tottenahm in first season, no signings... started with Mr Hough's original tactic then swapped after about 10 game to the new tactic with the defensive tweaks, i have screens if anyone is interested

mr hough i have one question:

i see that lot of players have problem to get striker to score. so i was wondering if will be good to try wide play from normal to move into channels???

i dont no what move into channels means but i have seen in a lot other tactic that have strikers this wide play.

The tweaked defense version is one of the best. Works very well. I have three tactics that i mix up through a season. I use tackiller, vodu and Mr Hough. I do notice if i get complacent using one of them i switch and results always guaranteed. Like many i am waiting for version with two strikers but obviously it has hit the wall once again.

Still using this tatic and getting some results but finding that i can beat someone 7-0 one week and then fail to beat a lower team the next week. Still leaking more goals than i would like but cant find anything better so might just have to upgrade me defense at the end of the season

The tweaked defense version is one of the best. Works very well. I have three tactics that i mix up through a season. I use tackiller, vodu and Mr Hough. I do notice if i get complacent using one of them i switch and results always guaranteed. Like many i am waiting for version with two strikers but obviously it has hit the wall once again.

So which is better, this or the swarm tactic?

So which is better, this or the swarm tactic?

This one, I hated the swarm and refused to use it. I think the Vodu influence makes this tactic very good. Not as great and as dominating as last years but good solid tactic. The Tackiller version is great but concedes a good few. Vodu tactic is great and doesnt score as many, and Mr Hough is solid but hate one striker, but have to admit all have values and all work.

I would love Dave to release one with 2 strikers as above. I might then stick to one tactic if it as good as he says!

This one, I hated the swarm and refused to use it. I think the Vodu influence makes this tactic very good. Not as great and as dominating as last years but good solid tactic. The Tackiller version is great but concedes a good few. Vodu tactic is great and doesnt score as many, and Mr Hough is solid but hate one striker, but have to admit all have values and all work.

I would love Dave to release one with 2 strikers as above. I might then stick to one tactic if it as good as he says!

When you say 'this one', which one do you mean? The tweaked defense?

No but it is better to have tactics in place when things are not working out. I do notice that tactics get found out in the game. Always set up three in your match preperation.

Been wondering about when i should change tactics and for how long i should be using another tactic before going back again.

Atm im using Mr Houghs "Boots To Asses" tactic and i have the "Vodu Caos" as the backup tactic. So far i have only used BTA and i have played 9 matches in the league and 16 matches in total, not counting friendlies. My goal average is 3,9 per game and an average of 0,5 goals conceded. Thats pretty awesome considering my first match was a 1-4 defeat. But i suppose its only a matter of time until things stop working so well with this tactic.

Would it be enough if i only played around 10-15 matches per season with another tactic? And if so would it have to be a completely different formation? The problem with using these tactics together is that my squad will consist of some player types that will be useless most of the season. On a different save i tried using a home and away tactic, but it didnt work so well. Seems like changing tactic every 1-2 games makes the whole thing inconsistent. Would like to know how this starting/backup tactics system actually works and what the best way of doing it is.

Been wondering about when i should change tactics and for how long i should be using another tactic before going back again.

Atm im using Mr Houghs "Boots To Asses" tactic and i have the "Vodu Caos" as the backup tactic. So far i have only used BTA and i have played 9 matches in the league and 16 matches in total, not counting friendlies. My goal average is 3,9 per game and an average of 0,5 goals conceded. Thats pretty awesome considering my first match was a 1-4 defeat. But i suppose its only a matter of time until things stop working so well with this tactic.

Would it be enough if i only played around 10-15 matches per season with another tactic? And if so would it have to be a completely different formation? The problem with using these tactics together is that my squad will consist of some player types that will be useless most of the season. On a different save i tried using a home and away tactic, but it didnt work so well. Seems like changing tactic every 1-2 games makes the whole thing inconsistent. Would like to know how this starting/backup tactics system actually works and what the best way of doing it is.

A number of different formations used by the AI in game. I keep in mind formations that the tactic struggles with. I would see if this happens regular and change if needed. I play same tactic maybe 85% of the season. We all know that nobody is meant to win every game, its impossible. Take tactic above. Good solid tactic but can be short of goals. When you get a game where you are at home and heavy favourites you might win 3 or 4 nil. I found with tackiller i might win same game 8-1 or 9-1 etc. With Vodu maybe in between if things go as planned. If you meet better teams tackiller might be 3-2 where as Mr Hough might be 2-0 with other team failing to create chances. Its really personal choice and there is a great deal of solid tactics to choose from on these forums. I would say try them all and see what you like and what works for your team best.

Hey Mr. Hough, or anyone with knowledge of this, would this tactic be good to use with a Bet South/North team? I like using 1 single tactic, and Hough's tactics have been the ones I've used in the last year or so.

I know it would be rough, because the quality of players isn't the best at this low stage. I could always just use it and wing it :); it's normally what I do. I know what to look for in players, so I have that at least on my side. I'll give it a go, should be interesting.

First game, got belted all over the pitch stat wise, but won the game 3-1 with only like 5 shots for the game.

2nd Match: A little more possession than Opposition, similar amount of shots, but 70% of them on target, won 6-1!!

I am Liverpool, against Aston Villa that was. A defender got 3, Suarez got 2.

4th Match now.. Spanked Man U 6-0! :)

i'm playing with Wimbledon

I seem to be playing every single team off the park, always have higher amount of shots, shots on target and the dreaded CCC.

Yet its very hit and miss if i win or not.

To be honest its getting quite annoying seeing my team hit shot after shot straight at the keeper, wether its at point blank range from a cross or when one on one.

Whereas the computer has about an 80% of conversion rate with their shots on target.

its annoying because even with my lower league wimbledon team some of the football on display is beautiful

i'm playing with Wimbledon

I seem to be playing every single team off the park, always have higher amount of shots, shots on target and the dreaded CCC.

Yet its very hit and miss if i win or not.

To be honest its getting quite annoying seeing my team hit shot after shot straight at the keeper, wether its at point blank range from a cross or when one on one.

Whereas the computer has about an 80% of conversion rate with their shots on target.

its annoying because even with my lower league wimbledon team some of the football on display is beautiful

I got them promoted to Premeir League and i am spanking alot of teams then i draw or lose at home to smaller team. This game can be weird.

Is Dave on Holiday?

Are you still using maximum pitch size?

I am aye. I am in premiership now with AFC Wimbledon. Beat Liverpool 4 nil at home, man utd 3-0 at home, then away draw against birmingham where my players took a holiday. Played 10 games all competitions and conceded just 2 goals and i only just got promoted. I am waiting for Daves two striker tactic as i think we could score more but in defence its excellent.

Any idea how to limit off sides??

My strickers stats so far : pl 15 offside 38

Off the ball : 15

AmL : pl 15 offside 22

It's not just off the ball you wanna be looking at but anticipation and Decisions aswell, I am very close to releasing my next tactic, Hopefully at the beginning of next week

If anything is to be gathered from all these threads it seems to be that you need a multitude of tactics, and dave yours is the strongest i have amongst them, so matter how frustrating it must be for you being mr perfectionist you are in fact doing a grand job, and producing some nice tactics......so many thanks.

If anything is to be gathered from all these threads it seems to be that you need a multitude of tactics, and dave yours is the strongest i have amongst them, so matter how frustrating it must be for you being mr perfectionist you are in fact doing a grand job, and producing some nice tactics......so many thanks.

I have to agree. I have more time now (quit job) so I'll be able to play more with these tactics. I'll employ the both, boots to asses and swarm. I'm of the same opinion of Mr Diggler, so using both tactics released by the same man seems fair to me. I love watching my players perform with these tactics, they are simply amazing. Thanks much Mr Hough, I look forward to the other tactics you produce.

Congrats Mr. Hough.

Only goal conceded and draw where against feyenoord 1:1, we are in first place with 40 goals For and 1 Against.

40-1.jpg

Vermeer didnt concede for 947 minutes and then he managed to concede 4 against Barca at Camp Nou, and we were leading 2:0 in the first 30 minutes :(

947.jpg

CL group: Milan (2:0 at home and 2:0 away), Barcelona (2:0 win at home and 4:3 loss at Camp Nou & Rosenberg 3:0 win home and we have to play them in the last game for first place in group)

rutina.jpg

My Squad :

GK - Vermeer

DL - Tzavellas

DC - Vertonghen

DC - Alderweid

DR - van der Wiell

DM - Bernandello

MC - Janssen

MC - Thiago (on loan from Barca)

AMR - Sulejmani

AML - McFadden

ST - El Hamdaoui

Congrats Mr. Hough.

Only goal conceded and draw where against feyenoord 1:1, we are in first place with 40 goals For and 1 Against.

40-1.jpg

Vermeer didnt concede for 947 minutes and then he managed to concede 4 against Barca at Camp Nou, and we were leading 2:0 in the first 30 minutes :(

947.jpg

CL group: Milan (2:0 at home and 2:0 away), Barcelona (2:0 win at home and 4:3 loss at Camp Nou & Rosenberg 3:0 win home and we have to play them in the last game for first place in group)

rutina.jpg

My Squad :

GK - Vermeer

DL - Tzavellas

DC - Vertonghen

DC - Alderweid

DR - van der Wiell

DM - Bernandello

MC - Janssen

MC - Thiago (on loan from Barca)

AMR - Sulejmani

AML - McFadden

ST - El Hamdaoui

what skin that pal ?

Not been doing too bad with Norwich, decided to give this a go as it was Mr Hough because had a dip in form.

First game I used was at Stamford Bridge and lost 1-0, after that I beat QPR 5-1 and then Villa 4-1 and then beat Arsenal 7-1 in the League Cup Final.

The first few games have looked extremely promising including a cracking win in the League Cup Final, will keep updated, the photo thing isn't working so put the links up.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af252/PedrosLaw1/MrHoughWin.jpg

http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af252/PedrosLaw1/?action=view&current=MrHoughresults.jpg

What a great tactic this is but....

Am i the only one with this problem?

Im having a great time with this tactic......scoring allot of goals, playing attractive soccer and creating allot of chances...but now suddenly mid-season.....the opponents get more chances, my players making some mistakes they never did and all that....

Let me know if you have some of those problems too!

Cheers,

Mitch.

What a great tactic this is but....

Am i the only one with this problem?

Im having a great time with this tactic......scoring allot of goals, playing attractive soccer and creating allot of chances...but now suddenly mid-season.....the opponents get more chances, my players making some mistakes they never did and all that....

Let me know if you have some of those problems too!

Cheers,

Mitch.

This happens to all teams/players, regardless of the actual approach you play. If the players look like they are not putting in the effort, then its down to the man management, if they are struggling to find space, instead the opponent hit you on the counter then its a sign that you need to lure them up the field and use the width.

I am aye. I am in premiership now with AFC Wimbledon. Beat Liverpool 4 nil at home, man utd 3-0 at home, then away draw against birmingham where my players took a holiday. Played 10 games all competitions and conceded just 2 goals and i only just got promoted. I am waiting for Daves two striker tactic as i think we could score more but in defence its excellent.

Seem to be struggling in my second season.

Brilliant tactic Mr Hough. Alright, im playing with Barcelona atm, but still.

1042861.jpeg

1042870.jpeg

Only 1 defeat in the league and it came at home to Real Madrid, in between the CL semi finals against...Real Madrid, who else. Ive never played in a league where another team has scored over 100 goals btw. 65 games played in total this season, 55 won and only 4 lost. 217 goals scored in total and 43 conceded. Were undefeated in the league until game nr. 34. Met Real Madrid 8 times in all tournaments, and won 6 of them.

Won the league, CL, the Spanish cup, the club world championship and the European super cup.

The only lame thing is the scoring rate of one of the central defenders. In my team Puyol scored 32 goals in 52 games, with an average rating of 8.00. Some other awesome player stats are: Xavi with 14 goals and 38 assists in 49 games. Alexis Sanchez with 23 goals and 25 assists in 52 games. Messi with 20 goals and 16 assists in 29 games(as a left winger, lots of injuries). Giuseppe Rossi with 15 goals in 17 games. David Villa with 34 goals and 14 assists in 33 games.

Brilliant tactic Mr Hough. Alright, im playing with Barcelona atm, but still.

1042861.jpeg

1042870.jpeg

Only 1 defeat in the league and it came at home to Real Madrid, in between the CL semi finals against...Real Madrid, who else. Ive never played in a league where another team has scored over 100 goals btw. 65 games played in total this season, 55 won and only 4 lost. 217 goals scored in total and 43 conceded. Were undefeated in the league until game nr. 34. Met Real Madrid 8 times in all tournaments, and won 6 of them.

Won the league, CL, the Spanish cup, the club world championship and the European super cup.

The only lame thing is the scoring rate of one of the central defenders. In my team Puyol scored 32 goals in 52 games, with an average rating of 8.00. Some other awesome player stats are: Xavi with 14 goals and 38 assists in 49 games. Alexis Sanchez with 23 goals and 25 assists in 52 games. Messi with 20 goals and 16 assists in 29 games(as a left winger, lots of injuries). Giuseppe Rossi with 15 goals in 17 games. David Villa with 34 goals and 14 assists in 33 games.

is it the tactic from post 1

is it the tactic from post 1

Its the tweaked version. Team talks done by me and assistant doing press conferance. Match preparation as said in post 1 and down to average/low workload when fluid. I actually used the same tactic (except for 2 games) the whole season, so i guess the need for several tactics is kind of overrated. Maybe its more useful in season 2.

Archived