Mr Hough Boots To Asses FM12

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can`t understand why so many are leaking goals. I have only conceded 3 in 11 matches with Burnley, so the defense is great for me.

10 victories and 1 draw is the result so far. Jay Rodriguez and Junior Stanislas has been crazy, as striker and winger. So, this is the tactic I will be using the next month or longer.

Cheers, Mr Hough, you are crazy on making tactics. :)

tactic just doesnt work for me...tested it with 3 different teams...vodu's caos is a lot better in my opinion, this one leaks way too much

noconceed.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think this year Morale & Team Talks make a massive difference. My defence is quite poor aswell only averages 3 star's per player so no where near league's best.

who tried this tactic with a team in a great championship because it's not difficult to win with benfica ,porto or a team like that in a lower league i think we look for a tactic wich can make us win with normal team or small team with few tweaks in big league don't you?

for me conceding way too much...3 goals each game...

probably i just dont have the right players

I would definitely try and get some pace in your defence, Anticipation and Positioning will help too Have a look at the player Filters Provided in the OP for help on the right Attributes for each position

Hi dave first of all thanks for the new tactic, just a quick question though what type of midfielders do you use in the two midfield positions, should they be mc's, att-mid, or def-mid, or a combo of both keep up the Great work.

It depends really on what you have at your disposal, Either defending or attacking would suit the central Midfield area

@ mr hough

i took a look at your player filters and i have a small remark... in your tactic there are 2 mc and 1 dm .... in your filters you have amc and mc ...

is the "workhorse midfielder" for the dm and "attacking midfielder" for the 2 mc?

Yeah the work horse filter is mainly for the DM but if you wanted defensive CM's you could use that as a filter for the CM position, If you want attacking Midfielders then use the attacking Midfielder filter or a combination of both

When you use a tactic and all your goals come from a centre half you know its not a genuine tactic as such. The style of play is probably the first one you have released which suits the way i like to play as it gets traditional wingers involved. But in 12 games my striker hasnt found the net once and my CB has 9 goals in 11 games. Im sorry but for me your tactics always lack realism, your not the only one by any stretch on here that creates tactics which IMO only exploit the ME.

Despite that, some of the attacking play is good, but the defense is a big problem and before anyone knocks me for this post i suggest trying the tactic with corners set on mixed or changing the setup of the players in it.

I understand where you are coming from and your comment is Justified, I know that the corner set up does score a decent amount of goals but i didn't realise that it was as many as that, I will have a look at some corner set ups see if changing it about abit will make a difference

Mr Hough would you explain how the player attribute filter works? How would I decide how players in my squad are good enough? What value should attributes be in the lower leagues e.g. Championship or League One? Finally, does the player need to have all attributes mentioned in the filters?

The filters are more like Guide lines than anything, I have set them to 13 and that is the minimum for the premier league, 12 for championship and so on and so forth.

When you use a tactic and all your goals come from a centre half you know its not a genuine tactic as such. The style of play is probably the first one you have released which suits the way i like to play as it gets traditional wingers involved. But in 12 games my striker hasnt found the net once and my CB has 9 goals in 11 games. Im sorry but for me your tactics always lack realism, your not the only one by any stretch on here that creates tactics which IMO only exploit the ME.

Despite that, some of the attacking play is good, but the defense is a big problem and before anyone knocks me for this post i suggest trying the tactic with corners set on mixed or changing the setup of the players in it.

Unfortunately I have to agree.

I used Mr Hough's tactics in FM 10 which imo were the best tactics he has created and these new ones aren't the same. The FM 10 ones gave me so much enjoyment out of my YorkCity save where I managed to win everything there was to win with them. My team wasn't worldclass but contained a few wordclass individuals, experienced pros and a few talented youngsters who played as a team and the football was quick and attacking but wasn't that unrealistic.

I can't put my finger on it but your tactics since last years game (no offence mate just imo) don't play a realistic style and that's why I used el magico's last year and will do again this year as well.

You make a great contribution to the community releasing your tactics though Dave and while they now might not personally be to my taste, they give others enjoyment out of the game like what they gave me in FM 10.

Cheers.

OK I tried this on Bishops Stortford in the BSN. I rebuilt the teams as much as I could with no transfer money and a 2000pound wage budget. Five games in Im on 15 points with 22 goals for and 3 against. Only one goal has come from corners.

However, assuming that is seems to be the case, the AI is going to work out this tactic half way through the season, does Mr Hough have any suggestions for varying the tactic tactic e.g. two DMs and one CM, or taking the arrows off the wingers?

so after about 5 games in my team starts playing terrible...the worst of it is me losing by 2-3goals to inter and 6-1 to Celtic!...I eventually hear media speculation that I am on the verge of being sacked...and then I think hmmm maybe I'm putting too much on my youngsters who have never played this many games in a row...I decide to play the veterans(I am playing as Roma) and have now won I believe 6 in a row and find myself in third! Totti has scored 10goals in 14games!

dave tactic is incredible thank you very much...just two questions for you though...first off when do I know its time to stop training defensive positioning? and after that should I train something else under match prep?...finally once the ai gets used to the tactic what should we do?

dave tactic is incredible thank you very much...just two questions for you though...first off when do I know its time to stop training defensive positioning? and after that should I train something else under match prep?...finally once the ai gets used to the tactic what should we do?

I have set my Match Prep High with Focus on Defensive Positioning to get fluid then change it to Average after

When you get used to the tactic, you have to beat them hardly. :)

I will have a look at making the tactic more Defensive, It isn't a Priority though as with the Right player Attributes this tactic is very stable, Maybe not as stable in Lower League Leagues but you Do come to expect that because of the Quality of player.

I will have a look though and see what i can come up with

I will have a look at making the tactic more Defensive, It isn't a Priority though as with the Right player Attributes this tactic is very stable, Maybe not as stable in Lower League Leagues but you Do come to expect that because of the Quality of player.

I will have a look though and see what i can come up with

We can never come up with a tactic that is as perfect as your FM10 tactics, but I think people expect that of you becuase you did manage it on FM10. The ME is a lot more stable now if you ask me and it brings a whole new challenge to tactic creation. You might be able to make it slightly better, but I doubt very much it will ever be perfect. You might end up sacrificing the attacking, just to defend.

We can never come up with a tactic that is as perfect as your FM10 tactics, but I think people expect that of you becuase you did manage it on FM10. The ME is a lot more stable now if you ask me and it brings a whole new challenge to tactic creation. You might be able to make it slightly better, but I doubt very much it will ever be perfect. You might end up sacrificing the attacking, just to defend.

Yeah exactly, In FM1o i would the right balance and then i did that it was easy to make tactics, This year has been difficult but i'm getting there, This tactic is an Extreamly good tactic though and i'm very happy with it

As in the immortal words of Fat Les "Were going to score 1 more than you" imo if you win 1-0, 10-0 or 5-4 a win is a win and its those 3 points that count. So i always feel a strong offence is much better than a strong defence.

Exactly what i'm trying to say :) More than 1 goal is just a bonus but a 1 - 0 is great, although I don't have many nails left at the end of it haha! Thats why I love this game!

so it seems that changing my staff at the start of the season will affect the performance?

hmmm

i used the same tactic.. this time i change the entire coaching staff...

bought maiga.. cos hes the best i can get after the filters from mr hough

hes banging in the goals.. and this time my centre back no longer score... lol

@mr.hough: mate, just one question. how do you set up your managerial reputation, when you test a tactic? dont you face problems like "several players are struggling to motivate themselves to play for you, because of your low reputation"? do you set your reputation to low, or experienced manager and so on? as teamtalks and a players morale has a lots of influence on the results, I was just wondering, how you test your tactics :D

@mr.hough: mate, just one question. how do you set up your managerial reputation, when you test a tactic? dont you face problems like "several players are struggling to motivate themselves to play for you, because of your low reputation"? do you set your reputation to low, or experienced manager and so on? as teamtalks and a players morale has a lots of influence on the results, I was just wondering, how you test your tactics :D

I normally leave it on Automatic so the computer decides, I set up some friendleys with easy beatable teams though to boost morale, Team Talks is so so easy this year though i think, You can not go wrong with all the options they give you.

I normally leave it on Automatic so the computer decides, I set up some friendleys with easy beatable teams though to boost morale, Team Talks is so so easy this year though i think, You can not go wrong with all the options they give you.

yes, teamtalks arent the problem, much more the fact, that if the computer choses a low reputation for you, even after a very successful season, there will be still players, who dont want to play for you, because of your low reputation. thats, what sucks...

you say that mr hough but i never get any response at the start of a game. no matter what i try. can i ask what TT's you do before a match home and away?

you say that mr hough but i never get any response at the start of a game. no matter what i try. can i ask what TT's you do before a match home and away?

I look at what the Assisitant manager says and if i like it i will go with that if not then i'll look at others but normally i go with ones that say for the fans

yes, teamtalks arent the problem, much more the fact, that if the computer choses a low reputation for you, even after a very successful season, there will be still players, who dont want to play for you, because of your low reputation. thats, what sucks...

Have you tried having private chats with players when they play exceptionally well and when they play exceptionally badly. Also if they train badly tell them they need to work harder for a place in the team. Even though negative, you will become most players favoured personel and they will be motivated to play for you.

It has going fantastic with my Burnley team. I lead Championship with 18 points with 13 matches to go.

I have done it fantastic in the league cup. I have beaten Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United. In the final I beat QPR 5-1 and won the league cup. Looking forward to

play in Premier League and in the Europe League next season.

The real star player for me has been Jay Rodriguez. He has scored 42 goals in 38 matches for me. :)

Here is some SS:

jayrodriguezoverviewatt.th.png npowerchampionshipoverv.th.png burnleyfixturesfixtures.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GKs : Aerial ability, Handling, One on ones, Reflexes & Command of area.

CBs : Anticipation, Bravery, Heading, Marking, Decisions, Jumping, Pace, Positioning, Tackling & Strength.

FBs : Heading, Marking, Tackling, Positioning & Pace.

DMs : Work Rate, Teamwork, Positioning, Passing, Marking, Tackling & Determination.

MCs : Composure, Creativity, Passing, Off the ball, Finishing, Pace & Technique.

WFs : Acceleration, Anticipation, Agility, Creativity, Balance, Composure, Crossing, Off the ball, Flair, First Touch, Passing, Finishing, Dribbling, Pace & Technique.

STs : Composure, Off the ball, First Touch, Finishing, Pace, Anticipation & Heading.

These are the same attributes that are in the filters, I just wrote them to help people out, Including myself :p.

Archived