Mr Hough Boots To Asses FM12

Just a plain simple question, I've tried Mr. Hough's swarm tactic, got me winning the League One-title with Carlisle, scoring over 100 goals, conceding 50 in 46 games, then, with a slightly improved squad (no money so no quality) I was struggling in the Championship (winning and losing were equal), especially at home I got hammered, away I was picking up enough points to end somewhere in low mid table-safety.

I've changed halfway the season to Mr. Hough's boots def tweaked version, I didn't get any results at all. (losing 7-1 at home against QPR as the perfect example, this was maybe the 14th game I've tried), also, it took me ages to get my team fully used to this tactic, so I've tried it with a bigger team, in fact Marseille in France, with them, I got beautiful results.

Now I'm waiting for the new tactic which seems to do magic? However, Mr. Hough, are you always aiming higher, or should we look at each tactic individually? I mean, will the new tactic be better as the ones you've released before? Is it your aim to create the ultimate tactic? If so, I'll wait another couple of days before I start a new game. ;)

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how did the test go with Swansea go???

Won first 2 games, I then stopped cos i was knackered just playing with Milan at the minute, Currently 12 Points Clear after 18 games, Won 16 Drawn 2 Scored 49 and Conceded only 5.

I will now have a look at Swansea

Won first 2 games, I then stopped cos i was knackered just playing with Milan at the minute, Currently 12 Points Clear after 18 games, Won 16 Drawn 2 Scored 49 and Conceded only 5.

I will now have a look at Swansea

good work, and THANKS!

First result with new tactic. Away match vs Blackburn, FA Cup. I'm with FC United, were both in Premier League.

Won 4-0, 5 clear cut chances, 13 shots w/ 8 on target. Scored 2 goals in first 2 minutes.

Movement up top with the two wingers and two strikers is pretty to watch. Its fast, short, and very effective.

Good stuff Dave!

I won 5-0 with Bordeaux against Saint Etienne in my first match with the new tactic.

Excellent defence, they had 3 shots in the whole match, 2 longshots.

And the attack is effective and pretty to watch.

Excellent stuff, Hough! :)

Mr Hough i have 2 question: why have AML mentality to full attacking but AMR dont have what is the diference.

and about rwo strikers: left have wide play move into channels right normal what is hire a diference??? maybe left more like poacher fast good finisher and right good with creativity for create goals???

Hough do you mind ironing out a few things about your new tactic please?

for example, which of the two strikers is the more creative striker or the poacher finisher

or which of the wingers is the more playmaker winger (nasri/messi) and which is your all out attack winger ( nani/ronaldo)

cheers.

Where would a midfielder like Gerrard fit into this tactic?

Also, does it still rely heavily on your centre half scoring 40 odd goals per season?

i could see gerrard in the MC position, The Central Defender will socre 15 goals a season Which i undertand seems like alot but if you at the end of season stats the opposition teams score a fair few goals aswell.

Mr Hough i have 2 question: why have AML mentality to full attacking but AMR dont have what is the diference.

and about rwo strikers: left have wide play move into channels right normal what is hire a diference??? maybe left more like poacher fast good finisher and right good with creativity for create goals???

I didnt releaise that they had been changed, I will change them and upload the tactic again becuase it shouldn't be like that

i could see gerrard in the MC position, The Central Defender will socre 15 goals a season Which i undertand seems like alot but if you at the end of season stats the opposition teams score a fair few goals aswell.

Thanks for the reply.

I havent really took to your tactics since your first ever one on FM 2010 (i think it was?) of which was called complete dominance and was a diamond 442. Ones you have released since then i just havent been a fan of, mainly cos of the shapes/reliance on goals from set pieces. I am going to try this though, just a shame the CM doesnt get forward just a little bit and contribute more (at least looking by the PI, it doesnt) and i might make the corners 'mixed', as i hate having my centre half scoring bomb loads in a season, i feel like i am cheating.

You might want to change the base from Vodu chaos to...i dunno...somthing else ;)

Out on interest have you tried off-setting the MC to MCL or MCR, I've found this tends to help break up opposition attacks a little bit more, even though it looks a liyyle less symmetrical.

Do I detect a little influence ;)

Out on interest have you tried off-setting the MC to MCL or MCR, I've found this tends to help break up opposition attacks a little bit more, even though it looks a liyyle less symmetrical.

If you mean the Midfielders i did have my MC in the MCL position and the DM in the DMR Position. It's stupid when i think about it now but i thought that because they are on the left and right sides respectivly they would stick to them sides instead of covering the left right and middle, So i thought i would put them in a line to see if that was better and never changed it.

Actually I meant that's it very closely based on my tactic (the only difference by more than 1 or 2 pips on a slider anywhere is the AMC pushed up as a second striker....you even left him set to move into channels..). It isn't a complaint, I'm happy to have provided you with some ideas!

Good to see you'e adopted my defensive strategy as well as I don't think Vodu's defensive ideas were great.

First 3 games: and yes I actually had these 3 games in row 2 home 1 neutral

Darlington - FC Bayern Euro cup 1 knockout 0 - 4 didnt expect to win this by any way but they had 4 goals before clock hit 30 min all on counters.. oh well lol

Darlington - Sunderland League cup final 3 - 2 suprised I won this but cant complain however 1 of those goals was yet another counter

Darlington - West Brom FA cup 5th round 3 - 0 I controlled most of this game all in all very happy so far

All 3 games played with all parts of tactic on fully Fluid except Formation that's missing 1 step to be full.

Edit----

Should say I'm in 2017 with lots of new signings to dont get too much out of my scores my points was I'm liking the looks of this tactic and it looks beautiful to watch a lil bit worried about all the counter goals I concede but it could be due to that last sliver I'm missing for fluid Formation.

Actually I meant that's it very closely based on my tactic (the only difference by more than 1 or 2 pips on a slider anywhere is the AMC pushed up as a second striker....you even left him set to move into channels..). It isn't a complaint, I'm happy to have provided you with some ideas!

Good to see you'e adopted my defensive strategy as well as I don't think Vodu's defensive ideas were great.

As i said in the private message, This tactic is based on one of my Previous tactics for FM11, all i did was change the formation and the attacking plays.

Even so though if your tactics are alike, It shows great minds think alike.

Dave

Mr Hough. I have a tactic for you, i think it's the best i ever try in fm 2012 :=) i just want to look at it, and if you can make some tweaks because i think it' can be the best tactic in fm 2012!

First 3 matches with man utd : 9-0, 8-1, and 7-0, you wanna try it?

As i said in the private message, This tactic is based on one of my Previous tactics for FM11, all i did was change the formation and the attacking plays.

Even so though if your tactics are alike, It shows great minds think alike.

Dave

ok doke.

Mr Hough. I have a tactic for you, i think it's the best i ever try in fm 2012 :=) i just want to look at it, and if you can make some tweaks because i think it' can be the best tactic in fm 2012!

First 3 matches with man utd : 9-0, 8-1, and 7-0, you wanna try it?

Hough, feel free to borrow the gun I've been keeping in my thread...

I am currently grimsby town in 2016, been them from the start and currently sit in league 1.

i have used the new tactic by yourself for 3 games now.

The problem im facing is my recent results now i am using your latest tactic:

Tottenham Away 4-1 (win) - league cup

Crewe Away 1-2 (loss) - league 1

Hereford Away 0-1 (loss) - league 1

Any little tweaks/things to try would be very appreciated.

Mr. Hough, tactic is working well, however, in defense there's a small issue that I'm trying to solve.

I concede a goal, or two, each game when the opposition is attacking over the wings (left or right doesn't matter) and they give a cross to the second post, not from my backline, but from the angle of my 16-yard box, their man's mostly uncovered as my back is coming too far inside so the opposition's winger or striker is free to tap in, it happens every game.

Quality of my backs isn't the problem as they both have high figures on all skills needed.

It's just a question of where to run when there's no possesion of ball, but until present I couldn't find the solution.

Did you experienced the same issue at your testing?

Having some strong results so far with this tactic. Have been a little bit vulnerable to crosses, but nothing too devastating. Also found that my team has improved since I moved the MC into the MCR slot and the DM to the left/center. Also, when playing against a team using 4-4-2, it's been very effective if I make sure the DM is on the same side as their more attacking CM. Found myself really cutting down on their possession with this.

Attacking wise, I've been creating a load of chances. The forward play is brilliant so far.

Great tactic as far as I've found. Great job Hough.

Archived