FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

Are you setting the game up with all levels loaded? The issue normally occurs when you're using a level 10 or 11 database, but only selecting to start a game at level 8 or 9. You must load all levels.

Also make sure you only have one change file selected, otherwise a file conflict will occur.

griff it could be what you said, loading all levels will fix it, but also check the FA Cup seeding settings. I'm not sure what DB you're working off but one DB has them set to random teams and one set to seeded teams. See post #1180 about this as it could also be a cause of the Prem teams being in the preliminary rounds of the FAC.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
griff it could be what you said, loading all levels will fix it, but also check the FA Cup seeding settings. I'm not sure what DB you're working off but one DB has them set to random teams and one set to seeded teams. See post #1180 about this as it could also be a cause of the Prem teams being in the preliminary rounds of the FAC.
I went from the original GE file as I knew Dan was having problems when he attempted to change other issues in the DB.The holiday I ran over two seasons using the DB I edited came back with no seeding issues.

I seem to recall, back in FM09 when I first was working on my old file, that I had initial problems with the FA Cup. Turned out that the divisions had to be added in to the cup in the editor in the seeding order, i.e. the Premiership and Championship had to either be top or bottom of the list, I forget which way round. Only then would they enter in to the cup in the 3rd round proper. That's probably been fixed by now, but something to look at - and a lesson to all that just because things should work in a certain way doesn't mean they will! :D

just powered up the above database and there are Prem clubs in the fa cup preliminary rounds.

This keeps happening to me every database I use that goes below the default on the game. Is it the DB or my fault? how can i rectify this so that the FA Cup has it's normal structure otherwise small clubs getting gate receipts from prem clubs is going to massively unbalance the game

Are you using more than one database? i.e. have you merged this DB with another one, or have you ticked more than one DB when starting a new game? I've done a test on the Gason L10/11 DB in the other thread and I don't have any problems with the FA Cup it seems.

Are you using more than one database? i.e. have you merged this DB with another one, or have you ticked more than one DB when starting a new game? I've done a test on the Gason L10/11 DB in the other thread and I don't have any problems with the FA Cup it seems.

I am using only one database, and going down to the lowest level that it offers me when I start the game, yet still right as I start I look at the FA Cup and in the preliminary rounds there's a load of Prem, Championship, L1 and L2 teams. How do I set it to seeded teams at my end as I had a look in the editor but couldn't find it under Competitions > FA Cup

I remember one guy here in the forum who released a file which had England leagues down to its lowest possible level, according to him, it was level 24. I'm sorry to say it was made for FM10...and he did not release a version since then. I'll try to see if I can find his thread...anyway, it's pretty obvious it does not guarantee anything.

Keep up the good work 8SZAD. I do feel that adding club logo's generates a sense of uniqueness to each team. Here's a bunch of level 10-11 club and comp logo's I gathered in FM11 days. Feel free to use it.

>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?i5r48ywcm6fqo4c

Thanks.....I will tale a look...

I am doing the small logos now and will release when complete.....a couple of days probably.

Anyone have a add on for photoshop that batch edits the size.....the one I have does not seem to work.

I remember one guy here in the forum who released a file which had England leagues down to its lowest possible level, according to him, it was level 24. I'm sorry to say it was made for FM10...and he did not release a version since then. I'll try to see if I can find his thread...anyway, it's pretty obvious it does not guarantee anything.

Yes it is level 24 I collected all comp logos down to level 24......the database would be huge though.

Yes it is level 24 I collected all comp logos down to level 24......the database would be huge though.

Yes, it would. Here's the URL of the thread, just in case someone wants to see it (I remind you it's only for FM10). Its author is FCUtdWill's and the URL is http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292112-FM10-FCUtdWill-s-%28Partial%29-Level-24-Database

What he did was go direct down to the lowest league, which was a Bristol one, so he ignored all the leagues not directly connected over level eight. Looking at the WIKI, it is the Sussex leagues which now go down to this level. Good way to play at that level without having to add every league.

I'm here :) It was Level 24, but only the route to the lowest league at Level 24 and no other leagues. I made the FM10 file a while back and my editing has improved (a lot) since then. Keep an eye on the forum over the next couple of months for a newer version.

Hello. First thing, thumbs up gret effort.

Right, Started new game, and when loading database a problem appears due to the Hellenic league. I click OK and then the new game screen comes up in a weird resolution and nothing can be selected... any ideas?

Also, is the database still stable if I only want to play to level 8, or 7 or whatever?

Cheers.

Hello. First thing, thumbs up gret effort.

Right, Started new game, and when loading database a problem appears due to the Hellenic league. I click OK and then the new game screen comes up in a weird resolution and nothing can be selected... any ideas?

Also, is the database still stable if I only want to play to level 8, or 7 or whatever?

Cheers.

I suggest you use Uncle Rons database - also on the editors hideaway. Its a reliable proven database. No disrespect to this database as it was a galant effort but its an abortion. Also, no disrespect to GE but most odd that he released it & that very moment he disappeared.

I suggest you use Uncle Rons database - also on the editors hideaway. Its a reliable proven database. No disrespect to this database as it was a galant effort but its an abortion. Also, no disrespect to GE but most odd that he released it & that very moment he disappeared.

messi is trying to fix it so its playable i am pissed off as much as every body else is

I'm here :) It was Level 24, but only the route to the lowest league at Level 24 and no other leagues. I made the FM10 file a while back and my editing has improved (a lot) since then. Keep an eye on the forum over the next couple of months for a newer version.

hi, if you do this i think that it has changed and it is a sussex division (yes, i am sad enough to wiki the english league structure) that is the lowest level. im not sure that the bristol league goes as low as it used to either ( the teams must have been a bit hacked off at being in the lowest level of english football)

I'm wondering if this DB is a write off playability-wise, maybe the immense amout of data input that GE spent on it can still be salvaged and used in future English pyramid DB's that people make?

What I was thinking was removing the English custom rules, and possibly all the players (worldwide), so it effectively becomes a shell DB or foundation DB with all the worldwide clubs and especially the 3,000+ teams GE created, intact, plus all the competitions he created, all ready to be merged with future FM default databases (i.e. FM13 for example).

I know the database can be converted to run with FM13 by loading it into FM13's editor (when its available) and re-saving it. This is how older DB's are made to work with newer versions of FM.

Is it feasible to use the vast amount of data in this DB as a foundation for future projects? If so, I don't mind spending the time between now and the release of FM13 working on correcting issues with team names, kits, stadiums, cities, and fixing the U18 over-reputation problem and club facilities. Once ready it could be used by anyone wanting to make their own English pyramid systems next year. Saving them a ton of time and research since its all been done for them.

It just seems a shame that someone will be starting from scratch next year on another massive DB project, when all the data they'll be inputting is effectively already here and available, and equally a shame that GE's graft goes to waste and is forgotton.

Of course, it'd be with GE's consent (if anyone can contact him!).

I thought about creating a massive foundation DB like this for people to use back when FM11 was released but never got round to it. What does everyone think?

edit: The other added bonus is it would keep the same unique club and competition ID's that are compatible with 8SZAD's logo pack - again saving someone a ton of work when it comes to logos.

messi is trying to fix it so its playable i am pissed off as much as every body else is

If by "pissed off" you mean "grateful that someone put in so much time and effort so that we could play down to level 14 for free, but slightly disappointed that it isn't quite ready out-of-the-box; and who is anyone to complain who hasn't put it any more effort than hitting refresh on their browser", then yes, i'm "pissed off".

As for chaps being hacked off at playing in the lowest league in the country, the standards between leagues on the same level vary greatly. For example the Newcastle Corinthian League div 2 was a far worse standard than Mid-Essex division 2 at the same level; it was about the same as Mid-Essex div 5 or 6, which are level 18/19. Bottom division in each league structure is pretty similar(ly poor), it's just that some league structures have more rungs than others.

You misunderstood me postman. I'm not narked in the slightest. I was offering advice to a fellow forum user. I know that Uncle Rons database is sound and working, which is what he wanted. I just perused this post on the offchance this project came off. As I said, it was a brave attempt and there's certainly no shame.

hi, if you do this i think that it has changed and it is a sussex division (yes, i am sad enough to wiki the english league structure) that is the lowest level. im not sure that the bristol league goes as low as it used to either ( the teams must have been a bit hacked off at being in the lowest level of english football)
I'm aware of the change, don't worry about it. I support a team in Div 4 and it's a standalone league. But if they want to progress, they join the Bristol and district league and what division they go into depends what division they are in the Downs. Also, if I was to do something similar, it would only contain teams from the Mid-Sussex leagues, which has their top division at level 12, and that has 13 divisions going down to Level 24.

just won the East Berkshire Div 3 @ lvl 14, did the season update and got promoted to Reading league even though next div was set to East Berks Div 2 and then find i'll only play 8 games all of next season due to half the teams being missing from the league. GE has left out all the A and Reserve teams that make up the leagues at the lower levels makes this edited file useless. Also as previous mentioned alot of leagues missing and those that do exist some dont even have promotion to the neaxt level like in real life so cant play along term save on this game.

i chose East berks div3 to start with as looking in the editor it had the route set all the way to the regional 1st divs set which is part of the main database file, now with beinging promoted to the reading leagues unless team is put back into east berks league at the end of next season i will never get to the chance to go through the leagues as if you get all the way through the Reading leagues you cant be promoted to the next level due to no promotion places for the top reading league.

wont even try to edit it and start again as alll the problems every1 else is having when they try to make changes. SO what a waste of time waiting for release and the 42 hours of playing tiome to go nowhwere at the end of it

just won the East Berkshire Div 3 @ lvl 14, did the season update and got promoted to Reading league even though next div was set to East Berks Div 2 and then find i'll only play 8 games all of next season due to half the teams being missing from the league. GE has left out all the A and Reserve teams that make up the leagues at the lower levels makes this edited file useless. Also as previous mentioned alot of leagues missing and those that do exist some dont even have promotion to the neaxt level like in real life so cant play along term save on this game.

i chose East berks div3 to start with as looking in the editor it had the route set all the way to the regional 1st divs set which is part of the main database file, now with beinging promoted to the reading leagues unless team is put back into east berks league at the end of next season i will never get to the chance to go through the leagues as if you get all the way through the Reading leagues you cant be promoted to the next level due to no promotion places for the top reading league.

wont even try to edit it and start again as alll the problems every1 else is having when they try to make changes. SO what a waste of time waiting for release and the 42 hours of playing tiome to go nowhwere at the end of it

Perhaps we should shoot him. How inconsiderate of him to spend months working on this update only to inconvenience you.

Golden Eagles tried his best to get this update working, but unfortunately the project was too big for him alone. I don't remember any of us managing to do what he has done. I salute you GE for at least trying & doing your best, but after reading comments like this I can understand why you do not want to return. Even more embarrassing is the fact you seem to be a Man Utd supporter.

Perhaps we should shoot him. How inconsiderate of him to spend months working on this update only to inconvenience you.

Golden Eagles tried his best to get this update working, but unfortunately the project was too big for him alone. I don't remember any of us managing to do what he has done. I salute you GE for at least trying & doing your best, but after reading comments like this I can understand why you do not want to return. Even more embarrassing is the fact you seem to be a Man Utd supporter.

Excellent post, completely agree, ungrateful people like that make me sick. Maybe you can make us a working version then AndyMUFC? Perhaps GE bit off more than he could he chew, but that's no reason to disrespect the work he put in (some of which is still pretty good) for free with the sole intention of enhancing our games. Had it come off it would have been the best download I ever made, thank you for trying Golden Eagles.

agreed word by word. this feeling people has comes from the nature of human beeings. we are all developed animals if we dont sympatize and understand the opposition. GE i suggest you to dont even read mouning people's comments and dont even care about them.

thanks for eveything anyways...

Not a waste of time at all. I got 2 seasons out of it before it crashed, which is more than I would have got if I'd tried it on my own.

Have been working on fixing some of the problems with this. have removed some of the lower youth leagues to help the processing time.

Just finished re-working promotion and relegations for all the added leagues as some had no promotion spaces and others were going to wrong league as this was incorrect for some. Just got about 90 leagues to add the reserves teams to that play in divisions as alot of the divisions only have 1st teams meaning some divisions only have half the teams compared to real life. have to added reserve teams to every club that is missing from leagues. this means may have to fix alot of the cups as there will be more teams for lots of leagues that are used.

hope to have update done over the weekend and test for sharing next week if all goes okay

Daz, can you point me in the direction of where I can find matching logos for the rest of the world.

Sorry mate I made these myself just for this database and do not have the time to make any more......SORRY pal

Sorry mate I made these myself just for this database and do not have the time to make any more......SORRY pal
No need to apologise as I wasn't expecting you to! Lol

Just trying to find matching logos for other leagues so I can go with one design for my game.

Is it your own logo design or does it have a base name? I've looked on sortitout etc for similar logos but no joy.

No need to apologise as I wasn't expecting you to! Lol

Just trying to find matching logos for other leagues so I can go with one design for my game.

Is it your own logo design or does it have a base name? I've looked on sortitout etc for similar logos but no joy.

Yes it was my design mate.....well I MADE THE CIRCLE then put METALLIC LOGOS on to it and then did the shading.

As promised, I've reworked Golden Eagles' database into a more playable version with three regions: North, Isthmian and South.

Here is beta 2, only basic testing has been performed as these files are intended for testing. I would really appreciate it if some people could run tests and provide feedback an possible errors.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?oqp0cbhp42czy2a

Changelist for beta 2:

- split England into three regions: North, South en Isthmian, starting at Level 10

- reorganised promotion and relegation as per Pyramid-excel

- demoted Isle Of Wight-leagues to Levels 15 and 16

- added reserves and 'A'-teams to fill the leagues in the lower levels of the pyramid

- more consistency in league names

- fixed the training and youth parameters for all teams (no more overrated regens)

- limited Youth Competition to two levels: Academy and Puma Alliance

- fixed attendances and reputation for all active U18-teams (and a lot of others)

- added cups for Trowbridge league

- moved Spartan South Midlands-leagues from South to Isthmian for rebalancing

- fixed FA Trophy so all preliminary rounds are included

- added FA Youth Cup and Puma Alliance Trophy

Some questions I still have:

- should the top divisions of all leagues stop the reserve squads from promoting?

- are there leagues that I can move from South to North or Isthmian? The South tree is still much larger (and thus slower) than North and Isthmian. An alternative would be to split South further into Central and West branches.

- are there any leagues below the Conference that employ play-offs for promotion and relegation?

42 hours of your time? Do you know how much time GE spent making this?

It's nice to see that people have perspective.

Some questions I still have:

- should the top divisions of all leagues stop the reserve squads from promoting?

- are there leagues that I can move from South to North or Isthmian? The South tree is still much larger (and thus slower) than North and Isthmian. An alternative would be to split South further into Central and West branches.

- are there any leagues below the Conference that employ play-offs for promotion and relegation?

Some answers to the questions, in order of asked:

- Depends on how you want to look at it, even if you did the top leagues, you could still get first teams/reserve teams playing in the same division lower down. The problem should be fixed for the next patch, I've reported it as a bug.

- You could always split it into the nine regions of England (North East, North West, Yorkshire, East Midlands, West Midlands, East of England, London, South East, South West) and see what that's like? You'd get a smaller version for each game. I'd recommend doing this for Levels 11-14.

- Conference North/South, Isthmian/both Evo-Stik leagues have a promotion play-off between 2nd and 5th, one legged match for both semi final and final. On my version, I've put a relegation (league) play-off for all 6 leagues at Level 8 where the bottom two go down to equal 14 going down from Level 8 and 14 coming up from Level 9. This works better than a cup as there's an odd (6 is odd in this case) number of teams and doesn't work very well.

just a quick update have been working hard on editing this database after realising that it was impossible to start at level 14 and get all the way to the premier league due to a few errors in this great database

-have filled out all the lower leagues with the reserve, A & B teams that play in them, meaning now at the lower levels you now play a full season rather than in some cases 8 games due to only half a league of teams.

-removed Isle of Wight as they play at below level 14.

-fixed all promotion and relegation so every league has at least 1 promotion place (making it now possible to go from level 14 to premier league), and have select league for next level for each where possible only ones not set is where there's a choice of two divisions for same league, so theroretically should still place the teams in the correct league as borders are set.

-removed the bottom 2 youth levels still leaving in 5 levels (may change this depending on testing and how long it takes to process seasons).

still to do:

-fix cup competitions so all the extra teams added participate as well in their relevant cups.

-fa vase may take a while to sort, just due to several leagues having a different amount of teams now and there's about 70 leagues over the 3 levels to re-sort, and then getting the draw seeded correctly as in real life, may end up doing as custom cup.

hope to have the cups fixed today to start testing tonight.

Archived