FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

Now to get down to some serious game playing after spending so long trying to get db to work

hope everybody likes the rebuild and enjoys many hours of fun trying to get their local time to Premier League and Champions League glory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Level 14 release of my reworked GE db after finding the fix to keep Level 1-6 fixtures to the right dates

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21361543/lvl_14_v21_dbc

Change List:

rebuilt FA Cup and Trophy to include all rounds as in real life using correct dates

fixed the level 1-6 fixture dates problem caused by rebuilding cups

removed isle of wight, swindon, slaisbury and trowbridge leagues due to not being listed for level 1-14 but GE had included

rebuilt all the county cups down to level 11 but have included level 12-14 teams in relevant cups that start in level 11 to ensure premier league teams dont enter these cups

rebuilt youth leagues and cups as GE's layout to ensure premier league teams don't enter these competitions and also so all teams have a chance of developing youth talent

reworked all league promotion routes from level 11-14 so 1 team is promoted from each league as in original db some leagues you couldn't be promoted from

set training and youth training, recruitment to 1 for all lower levels to lower player stats for level 11-14 teams

processing time on my old dual core 2.8ghz processor, 4gb ram desktop is 18 hrs approx to play a year in holiday mode

Thanks AndyMUFC!

@AndyMUFC and everyone involved in the database. Absolutely fantastic work. Outstanding. Been after this sort of database for absolutely ages. I live in Newbiggin Hall Estate which is on the outskirts of Newcastle-and all this time I had NO idea there was a local team until now (Westerhope Wanderers-literally down the road) so I'll be taking charge. Huge amount of thanks and again-outstanding job!

Level 14 release of my reworked GE db after finding the fix to keep Level 1-6 fixtures to the right dates

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21361543/lvl_14_v21_dbc

Change List:

rebuilt FA Cup and Trophy to include all rounds as in real life using correct dates

fixed the level 1-6 fixture dates problem caused by rebuilding cups

removed isle of wight, swindon, slaisbury and trowbridge leagues due to not being listed for level 1-14 but GE had included

rebuilt all the county cups down to level 11 but have included level 12-14 teams in relevant cups that start in level 11 to ensure premier league teams dont enter these cups

rebuilt youth leagues and cups as GE's layout to ensure premier league teams don't enter these competitions and also so all teams have a chance of developing youth talent

reworked all league promotion routes from level 11-14 so 1 team is promoted from each league as in original db some leagues you couldn't be promoted from

set training and youth training, recruitment to 1 for all lower levels to lower player stats for level 11-14 teams

processing time on my old dual core 2.8ghz processor, 4gb ram desktop is 18 hrs approx to play a year in holiday mode

Is this only work in 12.1.1? Can i use it in my game vision 12.0.4?

How long does it take to actually setup a game? i have loaded it onto my game and now must be knocking on the door of 2hours 30mins and it still hasnt finished "finding manager targets" and doesnt look like advancing anytime soon, even though there is only a bit of the bar on that left......... and yet my system is a high enough spec to run titles such as Skyrim, rfactor2 and such on maxed out settings etc...

How long does it take to actually setup a game? i have loaded it onto my game and now must be knocking on the door of 2hours 30mins and it still hasnt finished "finding manager targets" and doesnt look like advancing anytime soon, even though there is only a bit of the bar on that left......... and yet my system is a high enough spec to run titles such as Skyrim, rfactor2 and such on maxed out settings etc...

took about 40 minutes on my old spec pc (AMD dual core proceesor rated one of the worst for processing times, 4gb ram, windows 7)

so have no idea why yours is taking so long to setup so far 51 other people have downloaded and no one else has had this problem, are you patched to 12.1.1 as this is the only version i have tested on due to steams automatic updates

hi guys,

now i have got db released, i wanted to create club logo's for my team have created normal and small logo's but am struggling to create the backgrounds cant get them to be transparent and cant figure out how to use the gradient bit they talk about in how to guide, have posted a thread in skinning forum but wondered if any of you guys could advise as to how to create as am a complete novice at creating graphics or if quicker i could provide image if someone could create for me

would appreciate any help or advice guys, just to make the game complete now i get to enjoy playing it after all the time spent on reworking the db into something that is useable

thanks in advance for any assistance

Andy, pop over to the sortitoutsi forums as there all lots of guys happy to take logo and kit requests. I recently requested Beeston AFC graphics, which were done within 24 hours by a couple of kind chaps.

Andy, pop over to the sortitoutsi forums as there all lots of guys happy to take logo and kit requests. I recently requested Beeston AFC graphics, which were done within 24 hours by a couple of kind chaps.

thanks will try there

Got to say a big congratulations to all you guys for the hard work that's been put out since GE's initial release. Also thanks to GE for putting in some serious hard work in collating all the info.

I tried his original DB, but found it far too slow, so I'm currently using Erimus1876's DB and that is much much faster, level 11 is perfect for me. One thing though, the FA Vase results processing is very processor intensive. I've got a 2nd gen i7 2.2 GHz quad Laptop with 8Gb Ram, and normally it barely takes up 20% of the processor when dealing with any other result generation, but as soon as the qualifying rounds for the FA Vase comes up, it peaks at 97% and sends the fan into overdrive.

I hope this changes the further into that competition I go? It's still very playable, but the one thing that worries me, is that I can get players from the trial teams on amateur contracts. I'm sure I used to struggle to sign them on contracts when playing as full time teams in FM11?

Got to say a big congratulations to all you guys for the hard work that's been put out since GE's initial release. Also thanks to GE for putting in some serious hard work in collating all the info.

I tried his original DB, but found it far too slow, so I'm currently using Erimus1876's DB and that is much much faster, level 11 is perfect for me. One thing though, the FA Vase results processing is very processor intensive. I've got a 2nd gen i7 2.2 GHz quad Laptop with 8Gb Ram, and normally it barely takes up 20% of the processor when dealing with any other result generation, but as soon as the qualifying rounds for the FA Vase comes up, it peaks at 97% and sends the fan into overdrive.

I hope this changes the further into that competition I go? It's still very playable, but the one thing that worries me, is that I can get players from the trial teams on amateur contracts. I'm sure I used to struggle to sign them on contracts when playing as full time teams in FM11?

If you're not in the competition, change your detail level to none on that competition, should speed up. It should change the further you go into the competition because there's less game.

They're amateur because there are very few full-time clubs from Level 9 downwards, they can work well in some cases but if they impress, they can be quickly snapped up by other clubs.

As Will says its because there are a lot of games in the early rounds of the Vase, and I think the other lower league cups too. Once you get passed the early rounds it gets much quicker.

I've actually made another DB down to level 11 that runs faster than the level 11 DB I linked earlier, but its not a true representation of the real English pyramid as I've chopped and changed some of the leagues around, merged a few leagues together so there are no more small leagues (all leagues have a minimum of 16 clubs in them now), basically reduced the number of parallel leagues from 41 to 24. I can holiday a full season in about 4 hours now so each game week takes less than 5 minutes to process. If I get it working ok with patch 12.2 I'll probably release it sometime after the SI update.

hi guys,

now i have got db released, i wanted to create club logo's for my team have created normal and small logo's but am struggling to create the backgrounds cant get them to be transparent and cant figure out how to use the gradient bit they talk about in how to guide, have posted a thread in skinning forum but wondered if any of you guys could advise as to how to create as am a complete novice at creating graphics or if quicker i could provide image if someone could create for me

would appreciate any help or advice guys, just to make the game complete now i get to enjoy playing it after all the time spent on reworking the db into something that is useable

thanks in advance for any assistance

Have you tried 8SZAD's Logo's on his website? I think he has some of the lower league club logo's on there.

i was just wondering but you did put 'orgianl work buy GE' so thats ok i suppose.

I have Golden Eagles as the author too in the database details box, and always will. The reason why I had a go at fixing his database is because I know how hard he worked on it and how much time he spent researching and inputting all the data for it, so it was a massive shame to see him abandon it on its release. I personally waited about a month for GE to return and fix it or at least post on here if he was going to or not, then (like quite a few others) decided to have a go myself since it was too good a DB to let rot (despite its flaws).

I think editors should use his database as the foundation for future projects too since all the data needed to create the English pyramid to level 14 is already there for them to use thanks to GE (and always credit him for it). It'd save them months of data input and research! Unless of course GE returns and says no! :)

Which one have you tried?.. there's the L11 one and Andy's L14 one.

I have the L11 one running fine with a full names database and an improved AI managers database both ticked on startup since I know both of them are compatible with the edited GE one. So its possible to have more than one db selected... although I don't recommend it. Just download them and see if they work for you.

Cheers FCUtdWill & Erimus, into the FA Vase proper now and it's running a lot smoother now.

Also to all those that quite blatantly haven't read the whole thread. Golden Eagles gave permission for his work to be used as a base for anyone to use to create a custom database. He has received proper credit from all those that have used his database.

hi guys has anyone using my rebuild got to the end of season 1 and getting crash dumps

had no problems in testing now but now playing game and cant get past 23rd june keeps crash dumping but season update is 25th june so cant understand why

so another few days of playing time gonna be lost trying to figure out why and retesting

wish i hadn't wasted 4 weeks trying to fix GE release but that was unplayable if i cant figure out why

hi guys has anyone using my rebuild got to the end of season 1 and getting crash dumps

had no problems in testing now but now playing game and cant get past 23rd june keeps crash dumping but season update is 25th june so cant understand why

so another few days of playing time gonna be lost trying to figure out why and retesting

wish i hadn't wasted 4 weeks trying to fix GE release but that was unplayable if i cant figure out why

Same thing happened to me, crash dump somewhere between 23rd and 24th June.

I am getting a runtime error just before games or during games. So annoying. I have done so much work on my team buying players etc and seems unplayable with crashes. Is anybody getting a clear game and what is the reason for these crashes? Can it be fixed? I assume its the 3d match engine but I really like that part of the game and my 3d match engine rarely crashes on my other save with levels just down to conf north and south.

I am getting a runtime error just before games or during games. So annoying. I have done so much work on my team buying players etc and seems unplayable with crashes. Is anybody getting a clear game and what is the reason for these crashes? Can it be fixed? I assume its the 3d match engine but I really like that part of the game and my 3d match engine rarely crashes on my other save with levels just down to conf north and south.

Which database are you usung? The level 11 one or Andy's level 14 ?

When I try and start a game with it it says that there are too many teams in the one division I have a picture of it here.

ijyos.png

This is because Croydon Athletic was banned from Isthmian League First Division South during the season and in the new 12.2 patch Croydon Athletic isn't more in that league. Open the editor and put them back should solve your problem. Sorry for poor english!

This is because Croydon Athletic was banned from Isthmian League First Division South during the season and in the new 12.2 patch Croydon Athletic isn't more in that league. Open the editor and put them back should solve your problem. Sorry for poor english!

I fixed this by doing as you said, adding Croydon Athletic to that division. However, then I got this error:

image-9705_4F58282D.jpg

Happens whether I start the game with standard database or the updated one. There seem to be 22 teams in the mentions division, however.

I wanted to use the update with only 11 levels and less youth competitions as it would be less heavy. However, if I'm unable to fix this, I guess I will have to use the other one, with 14 levels. I cannot remember who made it now, but I used the file lvl 14 v21.dbc before I decided that the other one sounded more promising.

I fixed this problem. Open the Editor, find the isthmian league first division south thru the Filter and open it - there should be smth like Teams and Teams for next season. In the Teams section there are 21 teams without Croydon Athletic - add this team and resave the db

a2756b3045a97ea9e999809cad73a7c2.png

I fixed this by doing as you said, adding Croydon Athletic to that division. However, then I got this error:

image-9705_4F58282D.jpg

Happens whether I start the game with standard database or the updated one. There seem to be 22 teams in the mentions division, however.

I wanted to use the update with only 11 levels and less youth competitions as it would be less heavy. However, if I'm unable to fix this, I guess I will have to use the other one, with 14 levels. I cannot remember who made it now, but I used the file lvl 14 v21.dbc before I decided that the other one sounded more promising.

I've fixed the issue with Croydon Athletic so the database should now work with patch 12.2. I don't know why you're getting an issue with the Northern League Div 2 though as it doesn't occur on mine. Its one of those annyoing issues that effects some people's game and not others. Make sure you only have database 9.2 ticked when setting up a game, if it still doesn't work all I can suggest is to use the saved game file instead.

The level 11 database should now work with patch 12.2. Updated links can be found in post #1501.

Please read the "Issues I can't seem to change" section in that post before deciding wether or not to use this database for your career games. There were a lot of issues in Golden Eagles' DB I couldn't fix unfortunately.

Which database are you usung? The level 11 one or Andy's level 14 ?

It was the level 14 one. I just think its too much for my machine. Or is their another reason? Just seen this new 12.2 update so starting a new game with Barnet and editted them into the conference and I am just loading home nations leagues and down to level 11 Hope that will be ok. My estimated game speed before was the lowest it can get on half a star, this time its 1 and a half. So hoping this will run ok. I also added Croydon back into their league as I was also getting this 21 teams error with 12.2 update.

It was the level 14 one. I just think its too much for my machine. Or is their another reason? Just seen this new 12.2 update so starting a new game with Barnet and editted them into the conference and I am just loading home nations leagues and down to level 11 Hope that will be ok. My estimated game speed before was the lowest it can get on half a star, this time its 1 and a half. So hoping this will run ok. I also added Croydon back into their league as I was also getting this 21 teams error with 12.2 update.

Its probably because level 14 takes a lot of processing and some systems can't handle it.

I've made a level 10 database that has the fully working FA Cup, LC, JPT, and FA Trophy now, also a regionalised Reserve League, and an 8-tier Youth League structure with the FA Youth Cup. It all runs pretty fast now.

Its compatible with patch 12.2.

If anyone wants it I'll release it on here.

Will you be uploading it tonight? I am going to start a new game with this

I've made a level 10 database that has the fully working FA Cup, LC, JPT, and FA Trophy now, also a regionalised Reserve League, and an 8-tier Youth League structure with the FA Youth Cup. It all runs pretty fast now.

Sounds good.....I will give it a go

Archived