FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

As promised, I've reworked Golden Eagles' database into a more playable version with three regions: North, Isthmian and South.

Here is beta 2, only basic testing has been performed as these files are intended for testing. I would really appreciate it if some people could run tests and provide feedback an possible errors.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?oqp0cbhp42czy2a

Changelist for beta 2:

- split England into three regions: North, South en Isthmian, starting at Level 10

- reorganised promotion and relegation as per Pyramid-excel

- demoted Isle Of Wight-leagues to Levels 15 and 16

- added reserves and 'A'-teams to fill the leagues in the lower levels of the pyramid

- more consistency in league names

- fixed the training and youth parameters for all teams (no more overrated regens)

- limited Youth Competition to two levels: Academy and Puma Alliance

- fixed attendances and reputation for all active U18-teams (and a lot of others)

- added cups for Trowbridge league

- moved Spartan South Midlands-leagues from South to Isthmian for rebalancing

- fixed FA Trophy so all preliminary rounds are included

- added FA Youth Cup and Puma Alliance Trophy

Some questions I still have:

- should the top divisions of all leagues stop the reserve squads from promoting?

- are there leagues that I can move from South to North or Isthmian? The South tree is still much larger (and thus slower) than North and Isthmian. An alternative would be to split South further into Central and West branches.

- are there any leagues below the Conference that employ play-offs for promotion and relegation?

Thanks for doing this. :)

A couple of questions....

#1.. Just to check. RE: Level 9 relegation... for example, for the Northern section, have you disabled relegation from all the non-northern level 9 leagues? This is essential since you don't want Southern or Isthmian clubs filtering into the lower level Northern Leagues.

Edit: Nevermind #1, just checked and this seems fine :)

#2.. U18 lower level teams still have the default 1000 reputations. Even though you've removed the majority of low level U18 leagues, these high-rep U18 teams remain in the gameworld. Can they still cause the game to generate over-skilled players at those levels? Ideally all the reputations for those U18 teams should be no more than 1 to 5. So 1000 may have a big impact, unfortunately they can only be removed or edited one at a time so its a massive job if they have to go.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for doing this. :)

A couple of questions....

#1.. Just to check. RE: Level 9 relegation... for example, for the Northern section, have you disabled relegation from all the non-northern level 9 leagues? This is essential since you don't want Southern or Isthmian clubs filtering into the lower level Northern Leagues.

Edit: Nevermind #1, just checked and this seems fine :)

#2.. U18 lower level teams still have the default 1000 reputations. Even though you've removed the majority of low level U18 leagues, these high-rep U18 teams remain in the gameworld. Can they still cause the game to generate over-skilled players at those levels? Ideally all the reputations for those U18 teams should be no more than 1 to 5. So 1000 may have a big impact, unfortunately they can only be removed or edited one at a time so its a massive job if they have to go.

do you extract all the files to editor data there are 3 or 4 i have copied and pasted to editor data is that correct

As far as I know the quality of regens is not determined by reputation but by training facilities. Plenty of crap regens produced by rep-1000 U18 teams. I've also succeeded in using a resetted (rep 0) U18 to invite a Rep-1000 U18 for a Friendly, so apparently the reputation used here is that of the parent team. Attendance for U18-friendlies are also very low.

In short, I don't see any immediate drawbacks to leaving those pesky 1000-reps for the U18 teams. So until people report anomalies caused by them, I'll keep them unchanged.

Note: I don't recommend using the ALL-version. Thre's a bug in in that can cause crashes. It wasn't my intention to publish it anyway. For crashes in the other versions, please report dates, error message and other useful info.

do you extract all the files to editor data there are 3 or 4 i have copied and pasted to editor data is that correct

I copied them all to my C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder, but when starting a new game just tick the one you want to play, i.e. north, south, or Isthmian.

As far as I know the quality of regens is not determined by reputation but by training facilities. Plenty of crap regens produced by rep-1000 U18 teams. I've also succeeded in using a resetted (rep 0) U18 to invite a Rep-1000 U18 for a Friendly, so apparently the reputation used here is that of the parent team. Attendance for U18-friendlies are also very low.

In short, I don't see any immediate drawbacks to leaving those pesky 1000-reps for the U18 teams. So until people report anomalies caused by them, I'll keep them unchanged.

Note: I don't recommend using the ALL-version. Thre's a bug in in that can cause crashes. It wasn't my intention to publish it anyway. For crashes in the other versions, please report dates, error message and other useful info.

Ok cheers. I've holidayed a couple of months with the Northern DB just to check game speed and its obviously a lot faster than the whole thing, but its still a bit on the slow side for me to enjoy (15 minutes to process 1 game week it seems). I guess I'll have to stick to a smaller league at L10 or L11. Good luck with this though, its good to see people salvaging all the hard work GE put in. :thup:

Ok cheers. I've holidayed a couple of months with the Northern DB just to check game speed and its obviously a lot faster than the whole thing, but its still a bit on the slow side for me to enjoy (15 minutes to process 1 game week it seems). I guess I'll have to stick to a smaller league at L10 or L11. Good luck with this though, its good to see people salvaging all the hard work GE put in. :thup:

the crashes are from the latest release

Does the game still run slow when you remove all your news subscriptions and set the detail level to none?

Ok I removed all subscriptions and set game detail to none except my league and my county cup and its running a lot better, approx. 6 minutes per game week. :)

Excellent :) When you first load up the game, it's set to all the leagues (same with detail level), so I normally remove them at game start and my game tends to go quicker.

done all the fixes to original golden eagles database and and just going to start a test game may take a day or two to other seasons to see if any problems occur.

will let people know how it goes

(fixed missing reserves and amateur teams from all the lower leagues, promotion and relegation spots so every league has promotion places (as some were missing), removed isle of wight from leagues as they play at level 15, removed bottom 2 tiers of youth set up to hopefully speed processing time up and have redone fa vase due to removal of isle of wight league)

done all the fixes to original golden eagles database and and just going to start a test game may take a day or two to other seasons to see if any problems occur.

will let people know how it goes

(fixed missing reserves and amateur teams from all the lower leagues, promotion and relegation spots so every league has promotion places (as some were missing), removed isle of wight from leagues as they play at level 15, removed bottom 2 tiers of youth set up to hopefully speed processing time up and have redone fa vase due to removal of isle of wight league)

Great work mate .....hope testing goes well.

how long loinel do you think it will take mate

the file is really coming on now.

i have added the west riding league at level 11 and the east midlands counties league at level 10.

i have removed the youth leagues.

i have set attendances and facilities for levels 9-11.

added qualifying rounds for fa trophy and fa vase.

added prize money for levels 7-11 for top 2 teams in division.

altered league/cup reputations and club reputations as they were too high.

adjusted promotion with playoffs at some levels.

i have got to remove u18 teams now and i may set up regional divisions and add a few awards in.

the file is really coming on now.

i have added the west riding league at level 11 and the east midlands counties league at level 10.

i have removed the youth leagues.

i have set attendances and facilities for levels 9-11.

added qualifying rounds for fa trophy and fa vase.

added prize money for levels 7-11 for top 2 teams in division.

altered league/cup reputations and club reputations as they were too high.

adjusted promotion with playoffs at some levels.

i have got to remove u18 teams now and i may set up regional divisions and add a few awards in.

Thanks a lot pal!

testing may take abit longer than i hoped due to having a power cut overnight but back up and running now so hopefully a full test over a couple seasons by tomorrow, as want to see if crashes at end of 2nd season like some people have posted earlier in thread before saying it works okay

any suggestions, test has got to june at the end of the 1st season and all theleagues from level 10-14 are still playing league fixtures with the playoffs still to play.

checked the database and in general it has season end date as 2nd june all the leagues level 9 and above have finished league and playoffs by end of may

has anyone any ideas on how to get level 10 -14 to finish as well by the end of may

in what way as the database has end of season as 2nd june and is unchangeable as its hardcoded.

does it mean have to change league by league.

also noticed clashes none is ticked when looking at league details for lvls 10-14 and then looked at league calendars and games are only played saturdays, does this this stop games from being moved for cup games therefore having to when setting up league calendar at start of season have to extend league season to fit around saturday cup games.

in what way as the database has end of season as 2nd june and is unchangeable as its hardcoded.

does it mean have to change league by league.

also noticed clashes none is ticked when looking at league details for lvls 10-14 and then looked at league calendars and games are only played saturdays, does this this stop games from being moved for cup games therefore having to when setting up league calendar at start of season have to extend league season to fit around saturday cup games.

Set the end dates in the nation rules in the dates bit on a parent competition as a whole or for individual leagues.

If there are cup games on Saturdays, the games get re-arranged for either mid-week or a free Saturday. You can change this on the dates screen with something like Clashes.

just a quick update. spotted a few things that i forgot to change so have sorted those so am testing again at the moment. so far no problems , just waiting to get to season update to see if any problems when the leagues update (ie: stupid league movements) than will test for another season at least as an earlier post said that GE datsbase crashed at the end of second season.

hopefully testing will be completed for updated database release this weekend. but will keep you posted if there's any change

just a quick update. spotted a few things that i forgot to change so have sorted those so am testing again at the moment. so far no problems , just waiting to get to season update to see if any problems when the leagues update (ie: stupid league movements) than will test for another season at least as an earlier post said that GE datsbase crashed at the end of second season.

hopefully testing will be completed for updated database release this weekend. but will keep you posted if there's any change

Thank you my good man.

update testing is going well, testing the youth version with the newly build custom youth cup.

have decided to do 2 versions

1) with the whole youth setup plus the youth cup that was missing

2) without youth setup for people who think its taking too long processing

but cant say i have noticed any difference between the 2 as have being testing both and they seem to take the same amount of time to process a month on my AMD Athlon II x2 2.9ghz, 4gb ram

have just hit a problem

after putting youth cup back in as it was missing, man utd 1st team appeared in qualifying rounds only 1st team from the main league to appear even though its a custom cup set up and had selected all the leagues and teams to play.

any ideas how to stop it happening

have just hit a problem

after putting youth cup back in as it was missing, man utd 1st team appeared in qualifying rounds only 1st team from the main league to appear even though its a custom cup set up and had selected all the leagues and teams to play.

any ideas how to stop it happening

Have a look in your PM's.

no updated release this weekend due to when put youth cup back in Man Utd played games in most youth leagues and only 12 premier league games

so will have to go back a few saves to find one without it and test that

Am currently in the process of startin from scratch rebuilding the nation rules and comps using GE's database changes and so far added down to level 10 and youth divisions down to level 4 and youth cup so far no problems.

am just about to rebuild fa cup so rounds are as in real life, if its ok after that will continue adding levels and cups at each level till get back down to level 14.

wont be adding missing leagues at moment just want to try and get this database working.

Update

have so far have rebuilt fa cup, leagues down to level 10, top 4 youth levels and rebuild youth cup so all teams in all 4 youth levels take part and so far no problems.

my theory is that its adding so many lower league cups that may cause the problems where premier league sides appear in them and play the first teams play in the youth leagues so when i add them will do on a level by level basis so can trace any problems that may arise.

to do:

add levels 11 -14 leagues level by level to narrow down where errors may occur

add fa vase to include all level 9-11 teams as in real life

then start working on league cups for level 9 -14.

hopefully have it completed by monday for testing

Have finally finished rebuilding the database to eliminate the problems some of us were having and have just started the tesing will let it run for a few seasons to how stable it is

if alls okay will share in next few days

That's great news. It's not like I'll ever get anywhere close to 2019 the speed at which I micro-manage! Help with the maths - a promotion every year and STILL non-league, right?

By 2019 you'd be at level 7, which is the league below the BSQ N/S leagues.

Can't wait to take Guernsey F.C. to the PL :-D

Man, talk about long term ... ^^'

Good luck, only downside to that is they don't have the squad in real life, only one of the players is in the team. Doesn't stop you adding them yourself mind due.

testing of my rebuild of this database is currently going okay, no premier league clubs entering minor league cups or reserves which is a good result.

only problem now is some of the promotions and relegations are slightly wrong. none of these are game breaking as it could be where the leagues even out so odd teams play in the league next to theres like some reading league teams play in the north berks and east berks leagues.

have looked in database and clubs have towns set and stadium in the right towns, leagues have correct border areas set as well. did notice one thing though Reading cordinates are set slightly more west than what google earth shows but these are hardcoded by SIgames so if GE used google earth this could explain some of the slight league changes for some teams.

am hoping that it will even itself out over the seasons like Superbladesman's database did a few game versions ago

hi guys, testing has gone well.

Premier league teams haven't appeared in any lower league cups or youth and reserves competitons after 4 seasons of testing. only problem is still the fact at end of season update some teams move to the next nearest divisions to them when leagues even out. have checked boundaries and town and stadium coordinates are all okay. but it looks like they do move back over the next few seasons so i am happy with this as i don't beleive this to be a game breaker.

i started the rebuild with basic england setup removed FA Cup and youth setup. i then re-added all leagues down to level 14, rebuilt FA Vase, FA Cup, and league cup competitions all through the levels, re-added the top 4 levels of youth competitions and rebuild the youth cup. reserve competitions have stayed as hardcored into the england setup. have set the next division for promotions and relegations for each league.

so with that i am happy to release my rebuild of golden eagles database.

link removed as spotted an error, new link on next page of thread

i hope people have a look and try this rebuild if they've had problems with original Golden Eagles release, and have a enjoyable time playing FM2012

Archived