I really didn't like how SI made the profile page for players so I decided I would show how it should be. SI took pride in its adaptable layout feature, but for those with lower resolution computers, it was useless. They just couldn't see all the information available to them. Not only that, it was supposed to get rid of "white space" that FM11 had; it did remove much of it, but, in reality, it didn't. They made the fonts bigger, put more space in between the lettering, and had this idea of putting modules where you can change what it shows in each.

So really, it wasn't that much better. I've decided that I would demonstrate how they should have made the player profile. I went into MS Paint, and even though some parts are quite sloppy (the fading of the background is the only thing I had trouble with), it gets my point across.

As you can see, I put in the player report, which has just one module in the actual FM12 (60% of it is just "white space") and attribute chart along with the original player details in one section. I placed the all the attributes, including Other (which for some reason had also it's own module, but was divided into Form and Physical, both with a lot of "white space"), which also includes Match Fitness.

I decided to finally combine the contract and transfer information into just Information. There is a scroll bar so that it doesn't take up too much space for lower resolution computers. This is so that more information can be added to the module, such as more clauses, recent offers, etc.

In the bottom, we have the minor details, such as Season Stats, Player Status, and Positions. Statistics in the bottom covers two modules (Bans and Season Stats). I also added the positions which varies depending on the size of your monitor. I added the Full Player stats which will show injuries, suspensions, bans, tutoring, etc.

It doesn't show biography or achievements, but that's not even necessary as most people don't look at them when looking at a player's stats. Maybe, achievements, but it's really not that important.

tl;dr

This is how I think the FM12 Profile Page for a player should look like. And without further ado:

D3EyV.png

Its good but without morale showing it is not much of an imrovement to me. The default is pretty good anyway but your design is worth of consideration.

The Morale is in the Other section of the Attributes, just like it hass always been. All the information from profile has been placed with the exception of the biography and achievements.

The default wastes a lot of space, actually. The font for the lettering in the Personal Details is huge. It also is redundant since it reads the player position at the bottom and the top. Plus, if you have a low res monitor, you don't get all the information possible. This in my opinion is by far superior. It shows all the information that the attributes page shows, transfer and contracts shows, and the positions.

Neat, why not, though I would add attribute change arrows in there. Criminal that they aren't available on the current Profile screen.

not that I want to completely discredit the existing page, but I find that many of the things that weren't included to be a crime. anyway, I updated the OP.

How can I do that?
So really, it wasn't that much better. I've decided that I would demonstrate how they should have made the player profile. I went into MS Paint, and even though some parts are quite sloppy (the fading of the background is the only thing I had trouble with), it gets my point across.

It's not a skin, bro.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I want is the attribute overview (spider graph) on the main profile, because every single time I look at a player, it's the first thing I look at, before then checking the attributes more clearly if they are reasonable all round.

Edited some minor details.

Thanks for liking the profile. It's a crime how all the information that can is be displayed is displayed here. It honestly looks as if they took 20 minutes to plan out the profile page.

I asked in the Skinning hideout if it was possible to do this but didn't get a reply.

I havent had a look into it, but isnt the screen customisable? Like dont you have drop down menus to choose what is displayed? Or is that just on the home screen?

It is customisable, but the options that you get to pick and the way these can be lined up is very limited. Also, the adaptive layout isn't intelligent at all and none of the panels can be resized.

It is customisable' date=' but the options that you get to pick and the way these can be lined up is very limited. Also, the adaptive layout isn't intelligent at all and none of the panels can be resized.[/quote']

ah right. I like the layout, I agree that its a bit pointless having a section showing you how many goals your left back has scored. When I first saw the layout I loved it but now it really makes no sense

I havent had a look into it, but isnt the screen customisable? Like dont you have drop down menus to choose what is displayed? Or is that just on the home screen?

It is customizable, but this shows all the information that the customizable panels are able to show. Biography and achievements are the only two things that aren't shown here. If you find something that is shown in the existing profile page that isn't already here, tell me.

looks good.. but im one of those who prefers the first screen i see when i click on a player to be the attributes screen just like in fm11 so i just keep it like that ..

can see this being popular if made into a skin or an xml change

This IS the attribute screen. It just has the scout recommendation and the contract and transfer information added.

This IS the attribute screen. It just has the scout recommendation and the contract and transfer information added.

i realise that.. was just saying.. i prefer the old style of a page for each heading... profile, contract , transfer etc...

but as i said... great idea to make this into a skin

I agree. At the very least I'd like to see assists added to it.

I suppose that you could right click on each statistic and choose what information you see, in this layout of course. It could be assists, yellow cards, pass completion, tackles per game, etc. It doesn't just have to be goals, man of the match, yellow and red cards, and average rating.

i realise that.. was just saying.. i prefer the old style of a page for each heading... profile, contract , transfer etc...

but as i said... great idea to make this into a skin

That would still be in place, but as this is the profile it would show you a general view of all of that.

The whole screen should be customisable. You should be able to drag panels around, put in what you want and where on the screen.

I'm not in favour of customizing it at all and that is why I prefer the attributes screen to the profile.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived