From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is becoming a bit of a joke now, we went to Anfield and matched them (thanks to the sending off). They may have been the better team, but we made so much more of our chances.

I'm guessing it's going a bit too well too soon for a long term game? :)

In any case,tremendous work dafuge! :thup:

You being a "one-tactic" kinda man,are the backroom staff pestering you about tactics?

I'm guessing it's going a bit too well too soon for a long term game? :)

In any case,tremendous work dafuge! :thup:

You being a "one-tactic" kinda man,are the backroom staff pestering you about tactics?

It is a bit weird, I was expecting something like 20 seasons before I got anywhere near this sort of thing. It won't last though, the good players all want to leave for bigger clubs already. We can only really go backwards over the next few years, despite possibly turning pro.

The backroom staff pester me about match preparation (which is odd since they handle it) but not tactics.

It's not too easy, it's just pure football. When a manager has almost total control, and he has talent, you see what happens in Brian Clough's story. And in the same story, you see what happens when they aren't in control. Prolonged success only ccomes when there is only one boss. Such as Sir Alex Ferguson but irl there's almost never a single boss. Every single director wants different things and that chaos prevents the team from becaoming succesful. FM is about pure football, that's why it's so good

It's unrealistic the amount of control you get given right off the bat - certain managers do earn the right to dictate everything that goes on at a club after they've paid their dues like Ferguson, or have a proven track record - see Mourinho vs Valdano at Madrid.

However, adding in meddling directors of football etc would just add more frustrations and almost certainly make GD explode with self-righteous indignation, so probably best to keep it how it is.

The backroom staff pester me about match preparation (which is odd since they handle it)

They're clearly trying to unsettle you,probably huddled together in some back room as we speak,giggling and conspiring. :(

Keep up the good work in N.Ireland!

I have a feeling that this will be the story for a while. As a small semi professional club, there's not a lot I can do to stop my players moving to better clubs :(

I wish they would connect "chairman sells player over your dead body" with something like "and the money will be invested in facilities".

Selling your players and give you the money for transfers is just daft imho. :(

Archived