From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stevo Smijnaic looks a good player, has all the right attributes for a poacher, though his antecipation could be better. Do you play two strikers? Comparing his stats to Quansah's he doesn't look worse at all.

I do play two strikers, one a poacher and one in a supporting role. The poachers are usually easy to find but the supporting striker is often just a normal striker played in that position.

N.I national team has seen an big rise since you have been there? Is there alot good regens coming through or they just had good results?

Another great game to follow as usual :)

This is the squad, it is mostly made up of players playing in England or Scotland. It certainly isn't a great squad, I think the rise is mostly down to this lucky qualification, followed by this lucky World Cup.

It'll be interestting to see where they go from there, they have a chance of making the next Euro's.

This is the squad, it is mostly made up of players playing in England or Scotland. It certainly isn't a great squad, I think the rise is mostly down to this lucky qualification, followed by this lucky World Cup.

It'll be interestting to see where they go from there, they have a chance of making the next Euro's.

That is amazing, I've managed N. Ireland in this game and they play the same formation as me, got to 16th (I got 14th) and got to the knock out rounds of the World Cup.

Do you think they are over-rated? Or just not reached the quality they can under Nigel Worthington?

Great progress so far Daf, read last years and got a lot of inspiration from it :thup:

I'm not sure they are overrated, as the players don't look that great. They just seem to be putting a good run of results together.

That is true to be fair and they seem to had variations of results, drew against England but drew against Angola. I think it's results like the England one that keeps them in competitions.

Great read dafuge. Im currently managing coleraine in NI Premier division in FM11. Just wondering how you manage to sign these good regens and/or young players from rest of europe (i.e. Czech Rep etc). They seem quality for the standard of league. I assume you have loaded the players from these european areas. Is it easy to attract them?

Great read dafuge. Im currently managing coleraine in NI Premier division in FM11. Just wondering how you manage to sign these good regens and/or young players from rest of europe (i.e. Czech Rep etc). They seem quality for the standard of league. I assume you have loaded the players from these european areas. Is it easy to attract them?

I'd loaded quite a lot of extra players at the start to try and give myself a decent database for later on, the depth of foreign players has definitely helped me. The nationality of the players I've been able to find/attract has slowly improved, although I was able to get a few from the smaller European nations early on.

Still never managed to get a work permit for a signing though :(

I'd loaded quite a lot of extra players at the start to try and give myself a decent database for later on, the depth of foreign players has definitely helped me. The nationality of the players I've been able to find/attract has slowly improved, although I was able to get a few from the smaller European nations early on.

Still never managed to get a work permit for a signing though :(

Ok thanks im only running 6 nations with no extra players loaded on a medium database. Thus, it would be very difficult to find the talent you got early on but ill continue.

By the way, great career so far and good luck this season.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2019/20

Domestically things have been going well, but there is a long way to go to become a force in Europe.

League Table

Linfield chased us, but we won it easily.

Mid-Ulster Cup - we won again, while rotating the squad.

Irish League Cup - things were looking good until we blew the final.

Irish Cup - we got our revenge, in extra time.

Setanta Cup - we made a meal of the final.

UEFA Champions League - despite an early shock we cruised through the qualifiers. The group stage was an improvement on last year, with a superb point won at Old Trafford. Just a shame we missed that penalty.

Squad - the squad is strong after the last rebuild, but a number of contracts expire in 2022.

Transfers - big profits were made.

Key Player Profiles:

Nathan Ebbrell - he was the striker we had been missing. Well worth the huge wages.

Nicolas Varano - proving I have more than one great striker now.

André - possibly the best player I've managed at this club.

Barry Milligan - our third striker.

Radim Machacek - a rock in midfield.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners

Next Season

Things are slowly moving along as another stadium expansion takes us up to 2000, but we still have a long way to go to become competitive in the group stages of the Champions League.

The oldest player in the squad is... 24!

I've always had a habit of buying young players, and with no one staying for more than their five year contract I can't really do a lot about that.

I'm looking forward to the day I can renew the contract of a star player :D

another stadium expansion takes us up to 2000.

For some reason I picture you and the chairman with shovels,sand and cement cluttering the countryside with suspicious looking stands. :)

Otherwise things are going well,97 pts is good in any league.I kinda like that it seems Europe is a bit harder on FM12.

Nathan Ebbrell - he was the striker we had been missing. Well worth the huge wages.

He's insane! :D I have a player like that on my Barcelona save, 6'9" Central Defender...

I read the whole thread :D I attempted doing something similar on FM11 and I may do this alongside my Barcelona save aswell, or maybe once my defender has finished his career, i'll load up new leagues and do it that way and move away from Spain! It's definately a fun save to do anyway! Always looking forward to the next season to find out how much improved your national standing is in the world.

Great stuff as usual Dafuge. The 2016/17 season was amazing, and it looks like you have a pretty strong squad now.

How do your players compare to those of the next best team in your league (Linfield I'd assume)? When I did a similar thing in Wales on FM11, by the time I got to the CL group stage my team was miles ahead of the rest of the league, so I'd guess the same thing applies here.

Great stuff as usual Dafuge. The 2016/17 season was amazing, and it looks like you have a pretty strong squad now.

How do your players compare to those of the next best team in your league (Linfield I'd assume)? When I did a similar thing in Wales on FM11, by the time I got to the CL group stage my team was miles ahead of the rest of the league, so I'd guess the same thing applies here.

Linfield have a pretty decent team, they have a few players that would probably get into my first team.

Here's a few of their better players:

Tim Collins

Craig Kirkham

Craig Fotheringham

Brendan Broaders

I'd consider bidding for them but it is in my interests for Linfield to do well.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2020/21

Things have slowed down a bit recently as we have dominated domestically but still look a long way off making it out of the Champions League group stage.

League Table

Nearly made the unbeaten season, but there's always that one loss!

Mid-Ulster Cup - once again I rotated the squad and won this trophy.

Irish League Cup - another easy win.

Irish Cup - and another easy win.

Setanta Cup - this wasn't in the script. I'm starting to hate Shamrock Rovers.

UEFA Champions League - the qualifiers were easy this year, and we managed to improve in the group stage by finishing third thanks to a win and a draw over FC Twente.

UEFA Europa League - we had a superb penalty win over Schalke before OM beat us fairly easily.

Squad - probably the strongest squad I've ever had, but with contract expiring I'm going to have to rebuild.

Transfers - the big story was the £8m sale of our star midfielder Mustafa Arikan.

Key Player Profiles:

Nathan Ebbrell - superb once again from the giant striker.

André - technically our best player.

Barry Milligan - not bad for a second choice.

Neil Lunt - a superb season for the winger.

Thomas Culshaw - providing Lunt some great competition for his place.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners

Next Season

Things are still slowly improving, but I have a feeling there will be many more seasons like this one before we get anywhere near the top of a Champions League group. I'll be continuing to sell off my players as they won't sign new deals and replacing them with the best players I can find.

How are the finances going?

Finances - we've got a decent amount of cash, but not a lot to do with it. I'll probably be adding to it soon as there are a couple of key players I'll be selling as they won't sign new contracts.

We are fairly reliant on the CL money though, our wage bill has grown to a point where I think we may be dependant on it.

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 60th in FIFA rankings - down 17

Northern Ireland - 16th in UEFA coefficients - up 3

Carling Premiership - 46th in European competitions (2.5 stars) - up 23 (up 0.5 stars)

Bourneview - 59th in UEFA coefficients - up 13

we've got a decent amount of cash, but not a lot to do with it.

Building the stands yourself is clearly paying off! :)

Chairman:"Should we put something up here maybe?"

dafuge:"No,that's what they'd expect us to do." :D

107 points is fantastic but it seems harder to progress in Europe(which is a good thing I think...)

Something I haven't mentioned in here yet is my youth player dilemma.

Facilities - no youth facilities/coaching.

Board request - can't upgrade them as they are rented.

Youth candidates - this is what they are like every year, I don't get players better than this.

I'm led to believe that the club is able to build its own youth facilities, but it may be tied in with the building of a new stadium (which doesn't look likely for me at the moment). Such a shame really as the busy fixture list means I could give my youth players a few games each year and I could start doing my bit for the Northern Irish national team.

thats wierd. Why wont they let you build a new stadium? youd have to be bringing in the bucks by now right?

They don't think there is the fanbase to warrant it, which may be true. I don't think our attendances have really caught up with our success yet.

you cant even cap out that stadium yet? wowsers :s

We sell out for every European game, but the league attendances are pretty low at around 50% (which is the highest in the league :D). I think I'm going to need the standard of the league to improve in order to help my attendances.

How about increasing your junior coaching? I'm playing a small to big club challenge in Denmark, and managed to get my monthly youth spending (junior spending?) to 100-200k per month. I actually didn't have a great youth intake since the last rise in junior spending, but I've had some amazing intakes and I sure that 1-2m a year must result in something youth-wise...

Edit: Haven't managed to get any upgrade to other youth or training facilities yet due to allways being in the red from junior spending and poor economy in Danish lower divisions, but have stably been producing top division potential division players (one year I produced 7-8 i think)

How about increasing your junior coaching? I'm playing a small to big club challenge in Denmark, and managed to get my monthly youth spending (junior spending?) to 100-200k per month. I actually didn't have a great youth intake since the last rise in junior spending, but I've had some amazing intakes and I sure that 1-2m a year must result in something youth-wise...

Edit: Haven't managed to get any upgrade to other youth or training facilities yet due to allways being in the red from junior spending and poor economy in Danish lower divisions, but have stably been producing top division potential division players (one year I produced 7-8 i think)

I've tried doing that multiple times. The board seem happy to increase the junior coaching budget, but when it is increased I get a message about the facilities needing long term investment, then the junior coaching rating stays at 'none'. Last year we spent a total of£6k on the youth setup :D

What I usually do when I want to improve reputation of the league I'm playing in is sell players whose contracts are about to expire to other clubs in the same league. Since money is not the problem to you anymore, why not sell accept offers of other irval clubs, and reject all other offers? In coonection with this, how are other NI clubs doing in Europe?

What I usually do when I want to improve reputation of the league I'm playing in is sell players whose contracts are about to expire to other clubs in the same league. Since money is not the problem to you anymore, why not sell accept offers of other irval clubs, and reject all other offers? In coonection with this, how are other NI clubs doing in Europe?

I say money isn't a problem, but that's only because I'm selling players for decent prices. If I started selling players off cheaply and missed out on the CL group stage I could be in a bit of trouble.

Linfield are woeful in Europe, no wins in the last four years. The only wins before that were when they entered the qualifying at an earlier stage.

Archived