Player Name: Clint Dempsey

Your Team: Juventus

Buyer/Seller: Fulham

Player's Value: £3.8 million

Offer: He's been offered to me for £3.8 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8 million | £164k per week remaining

Patch: 12.2 [The latest patch]

Season: Summer 2011/2012 - First Season

I'd say no. As tomtuck said, he's not good enough for a club fighting at the top of the Serie A.

Llew_Arshavin23

Not good enough on FM for Juventus, even for that small fee. A big 'no' for me.

By the way, patch 12.2 doesn't exist yet. :D

I'd say no. As tomtuck said, he's not good enough for a club fighting at the top of the Serie A.

Okay, cheers lads :) I've decided to follow your advice and reject the proposal, despite the depth he would bring to the squad. My main reason is because he will demand arounf 60k p/w! :thup:

Okay, cheers lads :) I've decided to follow your advice and reject the proposal, despite the depth he would bring to the squad. My main reason is because he will demand arounf 60k p/w! :thup:

Please, for the love of all that is holy, sign Nene from PSG. THE BEST Winger I have EVER used, despite his advancing years, you can get 2-3 years of 25+ goals and 15+ assists a season.

Selling

Player Name: Nathaniel Chalobah (age 22)

Your Team: Hearts of Midlothian

Buyer: Everton

Player's Value: £925k

Offer: £5.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: not relevant tbh since i only buy youth (less than 500k) and free agents, more important is my current balance which is 16m

Patch: Newest

Season: January 2017

here is the thing, i signed him on free when Chelsea released him, currently has 2 years remaining but i can get him to sign new deal for like 4k pw (my highest earners are on 5k). He currently fills right back slot for me while i improve his heading (14) and tackling (13) but i planned from next season to move him to centre. I think he has a fair amount of growth left but the offer is huge and generally i operate as selling club, trying to pick up bargains and improve them for profit so i can make enough to build a new stadium. Highest fee i ever recieved for a player was 4m but i think Nathaniel has more potential to grow since he is known player to me from my chelsea save game. Trouble for me is at age 22 and knowing he is immense player i really dont want to sell but the offer represents 1/3rd of my clubs entire balance and is 6 times his current value.

Worth mentioning his fellow defenders (possible replacements in the team) are Tommy Smith (former Ipswich) and Jamaal Lascelles at centre back and Eric Lichaj at right back, just to give an idea of my teams ability. I dont plan to replace if i sell unless my scouts find a regen worth a gamble on the cheap.

My whole game plan is to make a team to rival Celtic and Rangers and improve the league standing by gaining a 3rd CL place in the coefficient. Key importance to this is building a new stadium so i can pay higher wages but also need to have a competitive team. I won the league for the first time last season but have lost 2 key players in the summer because i had good offers, currently 7 points behind Celtic half way into this season. Is a tough balance between making money and keeping strong team.

Buying: Rangers

Player Name: Steven Fletcher

Your Team: Rangers

Buyer/Seller: Wolves

Player's Value:2.5 Million

Offer: Asking price 2.5Million (listed)

Transfer/Wage Budget: 8Million / 300K pw

Patch: Original

Season: 2nd season (preseason)

Other:

i play a 4-3-3 and like to have 2 for every position,

i currently have these strikers:-

Jelavic

Sanogo

Naismith

Murphy

Russell

Fierro

Soukouna - looking to loan out

REGEN (15 years old)

any got much out of him?

Buying: Rangers

Player Name: Steven Fletcher

Your Team: Rangers

Buyer/Seller: Wolves

Player's Value:2.5 Million

Offer: Asking price 2.5Million (listed)

Transfer/Wage Budget: 8Million / 300K pw

Patch: Original

Season: 2nd season (preseason)

Other:

i play a 4-3-3 and like to have 2 for every position,

i currently have these strikers:-

Jelavic

Sanogo

Naismith

Murphy

Russell

Fierro

Soukouna - looking to loan out

REGEN (15 years old)

any got much out of him?

Don't look like you need a striker to be honest, but seeing as I rate Steven Fletcher alot I would say buy!

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Ryan Betrand

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £1.6m (transfer listed)

Offer: £1.6m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £13.25m / £900k (£815k used)

Patch: 12.1.1

Season: Second season, Jan transfer window.

I am just looking for a backup player, player for left-back. I have Lee Wallace & Davide Santon as first choice for that position but games are coming thick and fast as I'm competing in the Euro Cup, League Cup with the FA Cup still to come, so the demands on the squad are high. If one of them gets injured I don't really have any good cover for that position. Bertrand would offer a cheap option to act as backup in the case of the worst happening.

If he looks ok, then I'd go for it. I've seen Bertrand be a decent player on FM12 and if you can get him happy being a rotation/back up player then it's definitely worth it imo. As long as you aren't paying daft wages for him. He's also English as well and should one of your other two left backs get the hump, which they most probably will, you can keep Bertrand and make money on one of the others.

Selling

Player Name: John Obi Mikel

Your Team: Chelsea - Season 2016/17

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £7.75M

Offer: £23.75M

I'm thinking yes, hence why I offered him out looking for buyers; Real Madrid have come back with the best offer, with plenty of others that would be willing to pay around £18M. What is holding me back is that he is one of the first team midfielders, and plays an important role in the team. I'm not strapped for cash, so don't really need the funds, and have no real need to make transfer funds available for perspective signings; but he's fast approaching the big Three-Zero, and has already lost any pace he had. He has previously wanted out of the club, but I've been able to persuade and like I say he's been an important player in my team - despite him sodding off to Africa every other year in January for the ACN [main reason why I don't buy African's if I can help it]. Fergie has always seemed to know the right time to move on players, and I'm thinking this could be a good time, despite him being an important first team player.

What's everyone's thinking?? Got a few names lined up to precede him that I'd like an opinion on if he does go too.

It's a very good offer, how are you playing him? im presuming it's quite a defensive role due to his lack of assists, if that's the case im sure you could find a better defensive minded midfielder than him especially for the amount your being offered.

Player Name: Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Buyer/Seller: Gladbach

Player's Value: £4.2m

Offer: £4.5m / £28k p/w

Transfer/Wage Budget: £18m

Patch: Latest

Season: Start of 2nd.

Looking to bring him in because he seems very good for such a cheap price. Only problem is I have Forster and Krul already at the club, but could easily fetch £5m for one of them. Do I bring in ter Stegen and sell one of them (If so, who?) or pass on buying him.

Player Name: Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Buyer/Seller: Gladbach

Player's Value: £4.2m

Offer: £4.5m / £28k p/w

Transfer/Wage Budget: £18m

Patch: Latest

Season: Start of 2nd.

Looking to bring him in because he seems very good for such a cheap price. Only problem is I have Forster and Krul already at the club, but could easily fetch £5m for one of them. Do I bring in ter Stegen and sell one of them (If so, who?) or pass on buying him.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...nae worth it Cap'n :p

I jest...must buy at that price, that is a case of definite daylight robbery there.:thup:

It's a very good offer, how are you playing him? im presuming it's quite a defensive role due to his lack of assists, if that's the case im sure you could find a better defensive minded midfielder than him especially for the amount your being offered.

He plays usually at the base of a midfield three in a Busquets sort of role; not primarily looking for a defensive, Mascherano, sort of player, but certain defensive abilities would be preferable.

Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell!!!

At 29yo you will never get an offer like that. Bring in someone younger and better.

These are the current options on my shortlist available to me, and an academy product from last year that could be a great, great player;

6887809359_a9b2c22a99_z.jpg

Juan Francisco Sánchez Galo (Overview_ Attributes) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

Currently got a £7.25M transfer on hold whilst I try and find clubs valuations on other players. He'd become the fifth Barca youth product at my club.

6887815137_9d702349b8_z.jpg

Craig Samuels (Overview_ Attributes) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

He's the youth, academy option. Has the abilities to become a Chelsea Legend, but don't think he's ready for the week in-week out first team responsibilities. Although I do have a soft spot for the idea of the 16yo developing regularly in the first team. But would be the cheapest option.

6887810841_fd0e26cd65_z.jpg

Nicolás Ruiz (Overview_ Attributes) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

He's going to be expensive, properly expensive - scouts say Inter have no interest in selling, but everything has a price. Funds would be available, and he seems to be one of the best DMs in the world at the moment.

6887810119_c5d03077f9_z.jpg

Yann M'Vila (Overview_ Attributes) by TRichardsss, on Flickr

I don't always like filling my team with regens too early, as I always tend to lose any identity with my players; so Yann M'Vila would be an option. He wants out after hearing of my interest, but around £30M will be the price.

Other options that would be;

-Lorenzo Crisetig Had him in last years FM and was top class, so I seem to have a soft spot for him. Has great passing and creativity so would be an ideal option.

-Borja Probably going to sign this guy anyway; can offer him a contract of £1.82M compensation. Will add to the collection of young Spaniards I'm amassing.

-Aydin Gurler - Haven't put too much thought into this player, but available for £6.5M and could be an option.

-Heitor No interest in joining me as of yet, but I'm sure he will succumb to my advances over time. Looks pretty amazing, but will be expensive when ever I do have the option to sign him.

Can confirm that the Mikel deal had be concluded, and is sold. So lots of options, I'm inclined to go for Samuels, Borja and the Barca player that is hold, with Heitor being a long term target.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Alan Dzagoev (30yo)

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Palermo/Barcelona/At.Madrid

Player's Value: £9.25m

Offer: £19.25m

Transfer/Wage Budget: To much

Patch: 12.1

Season: 2020/21

Basically, at 30yo do I sell now while I still can. He is in and out of the team and on pretty high wages.

Player Name: Moussa Sow

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Valencia

Player's Value: £7 million

Offer: £16.25 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: Loads

Season: 2014/15 4th season

Sow has been the most prolific of my strikers in the first three seasons so far, finished as the league's top scorer in the previous campaign, so it might seem like a strange move to consider selling him.

I'm in the process of moving on some of the more experienced, high wage-earning players to free up space in the squad so I can start using some of the talented youngsters this season. I have Robin Van Persie and Eduardo both available as experienced players to act as tutors and I have Daniel Sturridge and Kolbeinn Sigthorsson there as well. On top of that I've just added the 21 year old Iker Muniain to the team.

Reckon that should be enough to compensate for us losing our top striker if I do accept the bid?

SRL88, I'd say sell, I've just been through the same thing with Mata at Chelsea, and as long as you've got the young talent coming through, it's definitely worth cashing in now.

DandyDon do you need both RVP and Eduardo as tutors? I'd be more inclined to get rid of one of them to make room for Muniain, and keep Sow around, if he's not on too high wages etc. If you do sell, see if you can squeeze a few more pennies out of Valencia or someone else, as it's always tough to let go of your number 9

DandyDon do you need both RVP and Eduardo as tutors? I'd be more inclined to get rid of one of them to make room for Muniain, and keep Sow around, if he's not on too high wages etc. If you do sell, see if you can squeeze a few more pennies out of Valencia or someone else, as it's always tough to let go of your number 9

I figured I'd have them both as I have a lot of talented strikers who need some tutoring :p and RVP has been horribly unlucky with injuries for me, so I'd like to give him at least one more season.

I've gone back to Valencia with an attempt to squeeze some more money out of them in the meantime and we'll see what they say.

I figured I'd have them both as I have a lot of talented strikers who need some tutoring :p and RVP has been horribly unlucky with injuries for me, so I'd like to give him at least one more season.

I've gone back to Valencia with an attempt to squeeze some more money out of them in the meantime and we'll see what they say.

Fair enough, good luck mate, hope you get some more cash

Of course I hadn't considered the possibility that having wangled more money out of Valencia, Sow would then turn them down had I......:rolleyes:

Looks like he'll be staying now.

Ah, don't worry, a bit of rotation never hurt anyone. And depending on your formation you could use Muniain at AMC or AML to make a little more space up front.

Ah, don't worry, a bit of rotation never hurt anyone. And depending on your formation you could use Muniain at AMC or AML to make a little more space up front.

Yeah, didn't work out too bad in the end. His mate Aly Cissokho complained about my ill-treatment of Moussa and when I told him to pipe down and get on with his job he threw a strop. One addition to the transfer list and one bid of £15 million from PSG later, I talked them up to 16.5 plus add ons, so makes up for the Sow deal falling through... and he was on a higher wage to boot.

Player Name: Michael Essien

Your Team: Leverkusen

Player's Value: £3.6mil

Offer: £3.5mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: £23mil/£240k

Season: 2013/14

I have Gago and Bender as my go to CM players, and I couldn't get rid of a pesky "match highest earner" clause in David Luiz's contract, which means he and Essien would both be earning £80k p/w should I make this signing, which is counter productive to the wage bill trimming I just did over the summer to try and stem some of the bleeding the club finances have done since I took charge in November.

On the other hand I'm fond of Essien and think he might help meet the board's demands that we challenge for the title this year since he's still got quite a bit of quality about him. Thoughts?

Player Name: Gylfi Siggurdson

Your Team: Southampton

Buyer/Seller: Hoffenheim

Player's Value: $6.5M

Offer: $6.5mil (release clause)

Transfer/Wage Budget: $2.89M / $89K remaining

Season: 2012/13 pre-season

I've been keeping an eye on Gylfi for a while, and he finally is willing to sign for me. However, I am way too deep in talent in both midfield and attack. I was going to put off making a bid until January or later, but Sunderland just put in an offer so it's now or never. The price is certainly right, it's more a concern of having too much depth and stunting development on others.

I typically run a 4-1-2-2-1, mixing in a 4-2-3-1 at times. This season I added a 4-2-4 option due to a wealth of talent up front. Currently available players are:

AM: Lallana, Gio dos Santos, Quintero, Falque, Lucas Andersen, Iturbe. 7 players for 3 slots, with 5 ready to start and two under development.

MC: Jali, Cork, Bertolacci. 3 players for two slots. Gylfi is probably a bit of a defensive liability in this slot.

ST: Sanogo, G. Fernandez, Borini, Fierro. 4 players for typically 1 spot. Fernandez and Borini can both play in the AM line if needed, but it's pretty crowded already heh.

So, the basic question is: Is he enough of a quality upgrade that I make it work and probably ship someone out in January? Or does he not offer enough for me to bother with? I am just recently promoted so no European competition just yet, although one can dream of next year =)

Buying

Player Name: Lacina Traore, Emenike, Paloschi and Ighalo

Your Team: QPR

Offer: 7.5m

Patch: custom patch with Jan transfers for the prem

Season: Second

need a striker which one of those is the best goalscorer.

I've been keeping an eye on Gylfi for a while, and he finally is willing to sign for me. However, I am way too deep in talent in both midfield and attack. I was going to put off making a bid until January or later, but Sunderland just put in an offer so it's now or never. The price is certainly right, it's more a concern of having too much depth and stunting development on others.

I typically run a 4-1-2-2-1, mixing in a 4-2-3-1 at times. This season I added a 4-2-4 option due to a wealth of talent up front. Currently available players are:

AM: Lallana, Gio dos Santos, Quintero, Falque, Lucas Andersen, Iturbe. 7 players for 3 slots, with 5 ready to start and two under development.

MC: Jali, Cork, Bertolacci. 3 players for two slots. Gylfi is probably a bit of a defensive liability in this slot.

ST: Sanogo, G. Fernandez, Borini, Fierro. 4 players for typically 1 spot. Fernandez and Borini can both play in the AM line if needed, but it's pretty crowded already heh.

So, the basic question is: Is he enough of a quality upgrade that I make it work and probably ship someone out in January? Or does he not offer enough for me to bother with? I am just recently promoted so no European competition just yet, although one can dream of next year =)

Easiest yes you will get all day. Especially off me :p. Gylfi is an utter beast. Play him asn an AM set as a treq and watch the magic unfold.

here is a thread on him and you can see how well I got him to perform. Must buy :thup:.

Player Name: Michael Essien

Your Team: Leverkusen

Player's Value: £3.6mil

Offer: £3.5mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: £23mil/£240k

Season: 2013/14

I have Gago and Bender as my go to CM players, and I couldn't get rid of a pesky "match highest earner" clause in David Luiz's contract, which means he and Essien would both be earning £80k p/w should I make this signing, which is counter productive to the wage bill trimming I just did over the summer to try and stem some of the bleeding the club finances have done since I took charge in November.

On the other hand I'm fond of Essien and think he might help meet the board's demands that we challenge for the title this year since he's still got quite a bit of quality about him. Thoughts?

Nope.

Yes.

Buying

Player Name: Lacina Traore, Emenike, Paloschi and Ighalo

Your Team: QPR

Offer: 7.5m

Patch: custom patch with Jan transfers for the prem

Season: Second

need a striker which one of those is the best goalscorer.

That depends how you play tbh.

Player Name: Leandro

Your Team: Real Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Huddersfield

Player's Value: £4.6mil

Offer: £9.25mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: NA/approx£450k

Season: pre2014/15

Two consecutive promotions find my Terriers in the Premier League, where we are about to consolidate our poisition there, finishing about 15th. Currently have Leandro on loan with a clause to buy for £9.25mil. I need a goalscorer to take my team to the next level, wondering if Leandro could be this player. Would use him as a poacher offmy target-man Jayiya. No budget yet, but I'd anticipate having a decent sum to spend at the end of the year, according to previous seasons' budgets.

Thanks fellas!

Player Name: Leandro

Your Team: Real Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Huddersfield

Player's Value: £4.6mil

Offer: £9.25mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: NA/approx£450k

Season: pre2014/15

Two consecutive promotions find my Terriers in the Premier League, where we are about to consolidate our poisition there, finishing about 15th. Currently have Leandro on loan with a clause to buy for £9.25mil. I need a goalscorer to take my team to the next level, wondering if Leandro could be this player. Would use him as a poacher offmy target-man Jayiya. No budget yet, but I'd anticipate having a decent sum to spend at the end of the year, according to previous seasons' budgets.

Thanks fellas!

For that price I honestly wouldnt bother. There is better out there so I would wait until the end of the season and see what is available.

For that price I honestly wouldnt bother. There is better out there so I would wait until the end of the season and see what is available.

Cheers. He's transferlisted currently, so it may well be that his asking price drops once he's back at Madrid. Will try to butter him up in the meantime and see if I can get him to decide on Huddersfield as one of his preferred teams.

Buying

Player Name: Shinji Kagawa

Your Team: Man United

Seller: Bor. Dortmund

Player's Value: £3.8 million

Offer: Free approach (end of contract)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £54,000,000 & £1,760,000 (Spending £1,450,000)

Patch: 12.2

Season: Beginning of third season

The problem is I don't necessarily need him, as I have a decent enough left winger for the squad (ashley young (won 2nd season world team of the year), but considering its for free, should i better sign him?

Player Name: Sunday Chukwudi

Your Team: Granada

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £7m

Offer: £20m (release clause)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £159m / £850k p/w available

Season: Jan 2018

Sunday is rated at currently 2 1/2 stars with the potential of 4 stars in my dominate Granada side. Can be as good as Kyriakos Papadopoulos. Obviously I can't reject the bid since it's his release clause but I could offer him a new contract in the hope he turns down Madrid. I bought him for £750k 1 1/2 seasons ago. Should I cash in or try and keep him??

Just noticed he is classed as a wonderkid.

Archived