FM12 : Should I buy or sell thread!!!

Purefun

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AcidBurn

Oh I know what help locking wages and what not in contract negotitions can do.

With David Luiz though, I just felt that his demands were a bit over the top, and it just so happened that the offer was there from Barcelona at the same time. I want to keep him, but for £29million I was happy for him to walk. The fact that he has rejected them, means I'll do my best to get him tied down.

Harryseaess

I'd accept, cracking offer.

Buying

Player Name: Willian

Your Team: Man Utd

Selling Club: Shakhtar

Player's Value: £3.4million

Offer: £8million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £16million

Patch: 12.1.1

Season: Beginning of Season 1

or

Player Name: Christian Eriksen

Your Team: Man Utd

Selling Club: Ajax

Player's Value: £3.4million

Offer: £10million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £16million

Season: Beginning of Season 1

To be used as an AMC :)

If I had to pick just one of them I'd say Eriksen...but I'd be inclined to try and be greedy and get both if possible :D Willian can do an excellent job as a winger if not being played at AMC

True but I also have Nani, Valencia and Young to play on the wing. I was also thinking of giving Welbeck a go on the Wing.

Decisions decisions.. :D

I had Gaitan, Albrighton, Johnson and Nani as wingers in my Newcastle save...and still needed cover, they do tend to get lumps kicked out of them :p

Buying

Player Name: Nicolas Otamendi

Your Team: Arsenal

Selling Club: Porto

Players Value: £5.25m

Offer: £13m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £23m/£72k remaining

Patch: Latest

Season: First

Just started a save as Arsenal and I always play with a covering and stopper CB pair. I'm happy with Koscielny and Mertesacker as my covering defenders but I don't have any real confidence in either their or Djourou's ability to play as a stopper should Vermaelen get a serious injury. Would look to move Djourou on if I sign him.

you dont have any kind of shortage on good center backs at Arsenal, so there's not much reason to sign him, focus your attention on improving your wide defense instead

Otamendi is quite short for a CB too, only 5'10. This may be a negative in the EPL. Better CB's for less money, like Rojo.

His lack of height hasn't proved too much of a drawback whenever I've signed him. His other qualities usually more than make up for it.

Robert the Spud

Given how he looks in my save in March 2015, I'd go for him. He'll develop a little more I'd have thought and Pace of 14 isn't that bad. (On my save it's actually increased to 15 aswell).

By the way, did you ever sign Lacina Traore?

Selling:

Player Name: Angel Di Maria

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: 18m

Offer: 27m (5m upfront 21.5 24months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: 70m/1.4mp/w

Season: jan 2012/2013

it's a good enough offer as i bought him for 14m over 48months, but i'm more concerned who i could replace him with and why i'm unsure about selling.

the other wingers i have are, Walcott, Gervinho, Arsahvan, Vela and RVP as i have aguerro as my ST.

thanks

Buying

Player Name: Angel Di Maria/Andre Ayew

Your Team: Inter

Seller: Real Madrid/Marseille

Player's Value: €18.25M/€10.25M

Offer: €17.75M/€13M

Wage: €450k per month/ dont know yet but I think somewhere around 300k per month

Transfer/Wage Budget: €70M/ /

Season: Start of 2nd

Deciding between these two players. Help please :)

I'd probably turn it down as Di Maria is an excellent player.

If you do decide to sell then I'd probably look at Eden Hazard inevitably, or possibly Antoine Griezmann or Nicolas Gaitan.

decision to keep him made thanks guys.......i also asked for 36m and they withdrew.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Edinson Cavani

Your Team: Napoli

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £15.5mil

Offer: £40mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: Only like £1.5mil

Patch: The first patch.

Season: 2nd

Not sure whether to accept this, or who to replace him with, i have Loic Remy and Mario Balotelli but think i'd have to fully replace Cavani if i sold him....what do you guys think? urgent help please.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Edinson Cavani

Your Team: Napoli

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £15.5mil

Offer: £40mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: Only like £1.5mil

Patch: The first patch.

Season: 2nd

Not sure whether to accept this, or who to replace him with, i have Loic Remy and Mario Balotelli but think i'd have to fully replace Cavani if i sold him....what do you guys think? urgent help please.

I'd probably be inclined to stall their offer to see if one of the moneybags clubs is interested,if Man City or the like come sniffing around you might be able to talk them into spending even more, and avoid the possibility of seeing Cavani fire one of your rivals to the Serie A title as tom mentions.

If you decide to take the gamble and sell him, I would very much recommend Alberto Paloschi if he hasn't moved during the summer....he develops into a real lethal poacher if given the chance and would probably be available pretty cheaply, and should leave you enough of the loot to strengthen a couple other areas of the squad.

EDIT: His goal average for my Newcastle team isn't too far off a goal a game, and even in an injury affected season most recently he still scored 25 goals from 29 appearances. Not bad for a player I got on a freebie

Selling Cavani to a rival for £40m is madness. Don't do it.

Buying

Player Name: Giovanni Dos Santos

Your Team: Udinese

Seller: Tottenham

Player's Value: 8m euro

Offer: 6m euro

Season: End of 1st

Selling

Player Name: Kwado Asamoah

Buyer: PSG

Offer: 26m euro

I have Kara as his replacement, plus Badu who is excellent. The money will help me re-build, and he wasn't that good this season.

Selling Cavani to a rival for £40m is madness. Don't do it.

Buying

Player Name: Giovanni Dos Santos

Seller: Tottenham

Player's Value: 8m euro

Offer: 6m euro

Selling

Player Name: Kwado Asamoah

Buyer: PSG

Offer: 26m euro

I have Kara as his replacement, plus Badu who is excellent. The money will help me re-build, and he wasn't that good this season.

You could get Weiss for the same as what you would get Gio dos Santos for and he is far far better at AMC, AMR or AML. Unless you plan to use dos Santos upfront lol.

Gio is a damn good player actually- young, cheap and Mexican. He's exactly what I was after, pace and trickery up front, but he decided that living and playing in Wolverhampton was more attractive than a title winning Udinese side. Love this game sometimes! Do you mean Vladimir Weiss?

He is a good player I had him at Sunderland but he was inconsistent. I signed Vladimir Weiss for my Sunderland side in the second season he played 53 games scored 27 goals and got 39 assists finishing with a 7.78 average. Second season not as good 18 goals, 30 assists and an average of 7.42. Third season played mostly on the right wing only 14 goals but 32 assists and a 7.70 average. Although he might not reach that sort of form for you side I consider him far better than Gio.

I find some of the decisions the players make on this game to be great as well, got to love it!

Right, have reached the 2016/17 season on my Newcastle save and with Yohan Cabaye struggling to recover his full capabilities after a nasty injury, I've been looking for a creative central midfielder, with good passing and a decent work rate to cover for him/replace him over the next couple of seasons while some of you regens mature.

I've identified several targets, my first choice was ideally Aaron Ramsey but despite agreeing a deal with Arsenal his wage and bonus demands were too rich for my blood. Some other targets I've dismissed after scouting them as the transfer fees required would be astronomical (the likes of Arturo Vidal, Nuri Sahin, Yann M'Vila would all need offers in excess of £40 mill), a couple other targets had already just moved during the summer and another major possible Andile Jali is at Chelsea who are unlikely to sell him to me as we're rivals for the league.

My Team: Newcastle

Transfer Budget: £27 million, could be stretched slightly if need be by making an offer over several months

Wage Budget: £164,000 per week available, but prefer not to offer wages over £70,000 if I can avoid it.

The Players below are targets that I've scouted and that would be affordable going by the scout reports.

Player Name: Armin Bacinovic

Team: Napoli

Offer Required: £8 million according to scouts

OR

Player Name: Ever Banega

Team: Valencia

Offer required: £11.5 million according to scouts

OR

Player Name: Lars Bender

Team: Bayer Leverkusen

Offer required: £11.25 million

OR

Player Name: Rasmus Elm

Club: Marseille

Offer required: £20 million

OR

Player Name: Kevin Strootman

Club: AC Milan

Offer required: £26.5 million

Of that batch I'm inclined to sign Lars Bender as he has very strong attributes in all three areas and no obvious weaknesses. Scouted the Belgian players Defour and Witsel, but was quoted prices of over £30 million, so they'd be last options if need be.

@DandyDon Yet to experience any of those players, so wouldn't be able to give you a recommendation out those guys listed; but someone I think that you have missed out, and would fit your bill ideally would be Andrea Poli. A true deep lying playmaker, with a decent work rate. I 'd have to look back in the NUFC thread to see how much I picked him up for, but if he's not moved to Inter or a big club I think he'd be got at for around £15m!

@DandyDon Yet to experience any of those players, so wouldn't be able to give you a recommendation out those guys listed; but someone I think that you have missed out, and would fit your bill ideally would be Andrea Poli. A true deep lying playmaker, with a decent work rate. I 'd have to look back in the NUFC thread to see how much I picked him up for, but if he's not moved to Inter or a big club I think he'd be got at for around £15m!

Cheers Tommo, Andrea poli is a great shout, and is on my list actually. the only reason I didn't mention him is I signed him a lot on FM11, and I'm leaning towards players I haven't signed before. However if none of the other deals come off he is the fallback. :thup:

@ SRL88

pretty much made my mind up that it's going to be Bender, putting the bid in for him at moment

EDIT: Got Bender for 13.25 mill in the end, cheers :thup:

Selling:

Player Name: Ishmael Miller

Your Team: Nottm Forest

Buyer: Spurs

Player's Value: £5.25m

Offer: £10.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £15m/£100k+

Season: 2nd season in January

Miller scored over 40 goals in the Championship last season and is my top scorer this season and is also the leagues 3rd top scorer. Other ST's i have are: Yaya Sanogo, Federico Macheda (loan), Dexter Blackstock and a newgen Ivan Sala very good prospect but only 18 and only just signed.

Ive got bids in for Sturridge and Vela but im not sure if they would even consider coming my way.

I'm assuming you got Forest promoted and you're in the Premier League?

if you are and he's scoring regularly at that level for you then I'd be inclined to tell Spurs to look elsewhere at that price. Last thing you'd want as a newly promoted team would the goals drying up when you lose your top scorer and you wait for any new signing to play their way into form.

Maybe see if you can persuade them to up it while you wait to see if Vela or Sturridge make their mind up.

Yeah sorry i forgot to say im in the Prem now, im 8th and Miller hasnt scored in 6 games, but my other strikers are not scoring either.

I take your point about the goals drying up and waiting for another striker to hit form but i feel if i dont accept the £10.5m (non negotiable) i will miss out, i dont feel ill get another offer for him like this again.

Yeah sorry i forgot to say im in the Prem now, im 8th and Miller hasnt scored in 6 games, but my other strikers are not scoring either.

I take your point about the goals drying up and waiting for another striker to hit form but i feel if i dont accept the £10.5m (non negotiable) i will miss out, i dont feel ill get another offer for him like this again.

How close to end of the January window are you? You could always stall it for a week to see what develops with Vela/Sturridge, then accept it if you feel you'd be better served with the money. (Assuming you have the funds available to complete one of those deals regardless of selling Miller that is)

Thats what ive done so far, im in the 1st week on the January window, Sturridge wanted alot of wages and £20k per game, I have £10m to spend not including Millers transfer, could you recommend a ST on less then £42k p/w?

Getting decent strikers on the cheap is always a problem, did Wolves stay up? If they got relegated then Steven Fletcher might be worth looking at (might be worth a punt even if they stayed up to be fair)

Depending on whether he renewed his contract Alberto Paloschi might be available in your budget. I can't remember what wages he asked for when he signed for me at Newcastle, but he's been there 5 seasons now and his wages are only £53k p/w and I've offered him new deals a couple times after fending off transfer bids. Modibo Maiga might be a possibility too, I got him in second season and he only cost me £4 million from Sochaux. I also managed to get Moussa Sow from Lille in second season for a surprisingly low £7.5 million, but fairly sure his wage demands might be on high side....plus we'd qualified for Europe (not sure he'd consider Forest without that incentive, but he who dares wins and all that :thup:)

There's probably some decent recommendations on the 'Looking for' thread from the expert bargain hunters.

Well i sold Miller for the £10.5m they offered and i signed Abel Hernandez for £16m, a little more than i wanted to spend but he's only 22 and looks like hes got bags of protenial.

I completely forgot about Abel Hernandez....he's good signing :thup: Still at Palermo on my save but he's scored pretty consistently for them.

Buying

Player Name: Daniele De Rossi

Your Team: AC Milan

Buyer: Roma

Player's Value: £7M

Offer: £14.25M

Season: 2013

So, Roma just got relegated and De Rossi wants a new challenge, and they offer him. I will be needing a DM as backup of M'Vila. I've been fortunate enough that he hasn't suffered an injury, and so has featured in pretty much most of my matches this season -- except when banned. I would like to rest him once in a while, and the only other player that can fill in is Nocerino... so, yeah. What do you think?

ok Im on 2 Man Utd season and I have problem with my strikers,

they are to many, they all are great :-)

Whou should I sell ?

1. Rooney

2. Tevez

3. Cavani

4. Chicharito

5. Leandro Damiao

Buying

Player Name: Daniele De Rossi

Your Team: AC Milan

Buyer: Roma

Player's Value: £7M

Offer: £14.25M

Season: 2013

So, Roma just got relegated and De Rossi wants a new challenge, and they offer him. I will be needing a DM as backup of M'Vila. I've been fortunate enough that he hasn't suffered an injury, and so has featured in pretty much most of my matches this season -- except when banned. I would like to rest him once in a while, and the only other player that can fill in is Nocerino... so, yeah. What do you think?

As a backup I wouldn't bother.

Buying

Player Name: Romario http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293889-FM12-Rom%C3%A1rio-The-New-Dani-Alves.

Your Team: Man U

Buyer/Seller: FC Bayern

Player's Value: 4.2mil

Offer: 11.1mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: 175mil/30mil p.a

Season: End of Season 4

Get him.

----

You got Tevez back? :D

Anyhow tough decision that one. :(

You playing with two strikers? If so I wouldn't let anyone go and use a strict rotation with number 4 as a sub.

As a backup I wouldn't bother.

You got Tevez back? :D

:D

snap098.jpg

With all these 5 great strikers there is always problem that they are play a rare and their form drops :(

I couldn't set Damiao or Chicharito on loan - no interest ;|

Archived