Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very frustrating - 2nd season with west ham so maybe the team are still gelling as there has been a clear out but I have won every home game (inc 3-2 vs man u) but lost every away game (inc getting totally outclassed by WBA 2-0 but they had 22 shots at goal compared to my 2!!!)

I decided to go to Bradford with their much higher budget and leave Northwich behind.

Been doing well, 8 points clear at the top of the league with 5 games remaining. Dominating possession but still have some frustrating days.

18530168.th.png

89485913.th.png

15355689.th.png

Signed this lad for 150k, i've been tweaking his settings non stop through out the season to try and get the best out of him.

55505355.png

I know he's got got 35 goals and 6 assist's, but i've not been happy with his performance's through out the season and i've kept changing his settings untill i feel i'm getting the best out of him.

I seem to have a decent setting for him now, he often plays off the opposition defence and gets inbehind them with his speed and finishes regularly. (got a few hatricks doing this).

My squad.

Current league table.

I decided to go to Bradford with their much higher budget and leave Northwich behind.

Been doing well, 8 points clear at the top of the league with 5 games remaining. Dominating possession but still have some frustrating days.

18530168.th.png

89485913.th.png

15355689.th.png

Signed this lad for 150k, i've been tweaking his settings non stop through out the season to try and get the best out of him.

55505355.png

I know he's got got 35 goals and 6 assist's, but i've not been happy with his performance's through out the season and i've kept changing his settings untill i feel i'm getting the best out of him.

I seem to have a decent setting for him now, he often plays off the opposition defence and gets inbehind them with his speed and finishes regularly. (got a few hatricks doing this).

My squad.

Current league table.

what skin are you using

i've just finished my season with the tactic.

won the champs league with galatasray.

and the domestic league needless to say.pretty much dominated everygame even if i didn't win at the end.

made no tweaks other than setting the striker to move into channels untweak the hold up ball.sometimes to come from deep when i use standard or atacking.

and i changed width when i thought needed it.and tempo and time wasting from time to time.

very dominant tactic thats for sure.

really enjoyed playing with it..

i'll try to post screenshots when i have time..

what skin are you using
Bakermush lovely skin there mate, what is it ? :) ChEERS

It's called " Galaxy skin " without calender version, i've previously posted a link somewhere in this thread. :thup:

Won the League last season got 99 points, scored 89 and conceded 38. (best scoring and defensive record)

Now we are in League 2 and still doing well. Just destroyed West Brom at home in the League Cup first Round. They had just beat Derby 3-0 away and were top of the Championship.

23862266.th.png

I love Russel Evans, scored 39 goals in all competitions last season. (32 goals in the League)

He's also scored in every game so far this season, 3 in 3. (2 in the league and 1 against West Brom in the Cup).

73785865.th.png

He's like a Lower League Fernando Torres. :-D

Edit I mean like a Torres that first joined Liverpool & for the fist 2 and half seasons he was there, not the slow & lethargic Fernando Torres that we've seen the past 18 months or so lol.

It's called " Galaxy skin " without calender version, i've previously posted a link somewhere in this thread. :thup:

Won the League last season got 99 points, scored 89 and conceded 38. (best scoring and defensive record)

Now we are in League 2 and still doing well. Just destroyed West Brom at home in the League Cup first Round. They had just beat Derby 3-0 away and were top of the Championship.

23862266.th.png

I love Russel Evans, scored 39 goals in all competitions last season. (32 goals in the League)

He's also scored in every game so far this season, 3 in 3. (2 in the league and 1 against West Brom in the Cup).

73785865.th.png

He's like a Lower League Fernando Torres. :-D

Edit I mean like a Torres that first joined Liverpool & for the fist 2 and half seasons he was there, not the slow & lethargic Fernando Torres that we've seen the past 18 months or so lol.

which tactic do you use ?

I know it's early days but I've had a terrible start with Liverpool. Drew 0-0 home to Villa and lost 2-1 away to Wolves in the league. The tactics are almost fluid as well. I've not started this badly, ever. Hopefully things will improve. I'll let you know.

Some of the defending seems pretty bad. I'm not sure if it's the idiot defending in 11.3 or the formation. I have fullbacks following players across to the other side of the pitch when they are on the ball. Anybody else experienced this? is it supposed to happen?

I'm using the tweaked versions.

D king - i was using the original with liverpool, i got some amazing results, not scoring but possession against utd chelsea and spurs, but i got a couple of crappy draws anf cracked up so i dont hav that save, i only play the game on commentary, just realised what iv said is no use to you, anyway, rm2007 will hopefully get loads playing time this weekend and can help, i must say if you scored the same amount of goals as you have possession, then this would be the greatest tactic ever, def the closest to barce tactic iv seen anywhere yet.

I always just use standard, it's the original tactic from the first post.

I've just changed the Striker setting, and changed the corner and free kick settings. :thup:

What are these striker settings you use? Just because my strikers are more in the poacher mold like that rather than creative forward.

Still unbeaten in the League and still in the Johnstones paint trophy whilst playing my fringe players. Got knocked out of the league cup 3-1 at home by Sunderland who were 5th in the Premier League.

Snapped up Adel Taarabt, although he's seriously selfish (teamwork 1 and workrate 1) he's got 6 assist's in 5 games from the right wing & i love watching him dribble on the match engine.

20360767.th.png

Also just brought Kris Common's in on a 3 month loan, although his physical stats are very poor now he has good mental stats (Creativity, composure etc) and good technique and passing. So he's going straight into my team as the playmaker.

What are these striker settings you use? Just because my strikers are more in the poacher mold like that rather than creative forward.

This is how i have Russel Evans set up.

38963179.th.png

If you have a quick striker with good technique/ off the ball it should do ok, although i am no expert. :thup:

Still unbeaten in the League and still in the Johnstones paint trophy whilst playing my fringe players. Got knocked out of the league cup 3-1 at home by Sunderland who were 5th in the Premier League.

Snapped up Adel Taarabt, although he's seriously selfish (teamwork 1 and workrate 1) he's got 6 assist's in 5 games from the right wing & i love watching him dribble on the match engine.

20360767.th.png

Also just brought Kris Common's in on a 3 month loan, although his physical stats are very poor now he has good mental stats (Creativity, composure etc) and good technique and passing. So he's going straight into my team as the playmaker.

This is how i have Russel Evans set up.

38963179.th.png

If you have a quick striker with good technique/ off the ball it should do ok, although i am no expert. :thup:

Do you have a link for your skin cause it different than the galaxy skin thanks

i think you could put through balls often as the inside forwards would run on to them. what do you think?

Yeah that could certainly work, my striker set's up the right winger every now and again by slipping a through ball to him and putting the right winger inbehind and through one and one.

I keep it on sometimes though so he's not always attempting to try through balls when he gets the ball, as i want him to also run directly at the goal with the ball sometimes. :thup:

This isn't working out for me. I've had an awful set of results and scored only 9 goals in 8 games whilst conceding 8. Won 4, drew 1 and lost 3 in the league. Probably the worst start to a season that I've had.

It does play very nice possession football but the lack of goals is just too much, combine that with some defensive mistakes and you're going to struggle. The defending on 11.3 is ****, for want of a better word, so it's vital you score more. Nice to see it's working out for some people, though.

This 11.3 patch is a strange one eh.

I little update from my 3rd season with 1.FC Köln.

I´m halfway through the season now in what they call the winterbreak in Germany.

Bundesliga

My form in the league has been fantastic! I´m currently in 1st place, and 2nd placed Wolfsburg are 9 points behind already.

Played 17 matches. 15 wins and 2 draws and a goaldifference of 31-5!

Had some extremely good results too. Just look at this:

2-1 win away to Dortmund

4-1 win away to Schalke

5-0 win away to Werder Bremen

3-1 win away to Bayern Munchen

1-0 win away to Leverkusen

2-0 win home to Wolfsburg

German Cup

Not an important competition for my team. Lost away to Leverkusen in the 2nd round.

Champions League

Got drawn in Group A with Inter , Feyenoord and CSKA Moscow.

3 wins and 3 draws resulted in 2nd place and I´m going to play Atletico Madrid in the first knockout round.

Only conceeded 3 goals in the group stage and only secured qualification in the last match with a solid 4-2 win away to Inter.

Things are looking good in other words! :)

Do you have a link for your skin cause it different than the galaxy skin thanks

It was originaly the Galaxy Skin, but i've edited the Skin alot to my own prefrence and added a few things from other Skins. That's why it looks different.

I've gone with alot of the stuff from the "Seven" skin, as i like the green retro colours from FM06 & FM07.

So you might be better off with that Skin instead of the Galaxy skin. :)

Seven Skin.

franklin when would you use att of your tweaked version? i know your more than likely to say read opening page. ,but just wondering what you do

Hehe.. I use the attacking version very rarely actually. ONLY if I need a goal with 10-15 minutes left of the match. same with the possession version. Only when I want to keep a lead (against even/stronger opposition) and only for the last 10-15 minutes.

Has worked wonders for me so far. :)

I always just use standard, it's the original tactic from the first post.

I've just changed the Striker setting, and changed the corner and free kick settings. :thup:

What changes have you made to those settings btw? This tactic is very sound defensively but most goals are conceded through set pieces I would say.

hi franklin how do you set match preparation?

At the start of the season I put it on max workload on teamblend. When all the bars are filled up I just let the assisstant manager do them.

I have Werner Kern as my assisstant. very good ass man stats, but´a bit old.. retires after the end of the 3rd season in my save.

What changes have you made to those settings btw? This tactic is very sound defensively but most goals are conceded through set pieces I would say.

I also adjusted the set pieces in my tweaked versions of these tactics. Rarely conceeds from set pieces anymore. Rarely conceeds at actually..

I have conceeded 11 in 28 matches in my third season. Only 5 in 19 Bundesliga matches.

My GK and back 4 is:

GK - Rensing

DR - Celozzi

DL - Eichner

DRC - Höwedes

DLC - Toprak

Bakermush what is the exact skin you are using? I know you said you tweaked it, but whats the link for that? I love it

There is no link for it, i've never uploaded it.

I'll try though, because the Galaxy Skin came with different sub folders (with/without calendar - with/without coloured footer bar etc).

I've edited a couple of the folders, so i'd need to sort it all out into it's own folder before i could upload it.

I'm still doing okay in League 2, letting in a few more goals in compared to last season but i guess we are playing in a higher League now.

Plus 28 goals let in half way through January is not too bad.

Our media prediction is 19th and for the season expectation i picked "consolidate". So most of my players have "proud of the clubs League position" on there personal page.

85638632.th.png

We are also in the Johnstones Paint Trophy North Final against the current holders Notts County.

We got knocked out of the FA Cup though in embarrassing style. I played my fringe players like i have been doing in the Johnstones paint trophy, and we lost 6-0 away at Braintree in the 1st round.

It was a freak result, we dominated the game. Stats wise they had 26% possession just 5 shots but all 5 were on target and they all went in, the other goal was an own goal. (My back up keeper 36 year old Pidgely, showed why he's only rated with 1 and half stars by my scouts and would make a decent Blue Square Premier Keeper lol).

Russell Evans got injured earlier on in the season for about 9 weeks and since he has come back he doesn't seem to be scoring as regularly.

He did have 10 goals in 15 appearances in the League before his injury, now it's 11 goals in 21 appearances.. only 1 goal in 6 games. :(

96566460.th.png

2nddiv.th.jpg

Used Franklins tweaks and only used the attack version. The team was predicted to finish 7th we also only lost against first division sides in the state championships and we only just lost against them. Good tactic for possession but sometimes even the attack one fails to create chances in some matches. Saying that though as you can see the team performed well defensively and attacking wise over all.

I must say, this is brilliant Realmadrid_2007 :thup:

I've started using this with Barca, 1st season. I have, however, changed the formation to a 4-3-3 with Pedro as the right central striker, Messi central and Villa on the left of the three, as that's how Barca play it in real life. I also removed the hold up ball option from the central striker.

It's been great so far. Beat Racing 7-1 away and Hércules 9-0 at home

I must say, this is brilliant Realmadrid_2007 :thup:

I've started using this with Barca, 1st season. I have, however, changed the formation to a 4-3-3 with Pedro as the right central striker, Messi central and Villa on the left of the three, as that's how Barca play it in real life. I also removed the hold up ball option from the central striker.

It's been great so far. Beat Racing 7-1 away and Hércules 9-0 at home

did you tweak any settings? apart from hold up ball ?

I swapped the RCM instructions with the LCM instructions for all three tactics, as Xavi plays more right than Iniesta irl.

Obviously, as I said, I changed it to have three central stikers as well, rather than two wingers

I swapped the RCM instructions with the LCM instructions for all three tactics, as Xavi plays more right than Iniesta irl.

Obviously, as I said, I changed it to have three central stikers as well, rather than two wingers

but i meant are they on the same setting?

yeah, the forwards have the exact same settings.

They still pull out into the wide positions quite a lot.

Beat FC Twente 3-0 at home and then Atlético Madrid 4-1 away

as the center/ wingers strikers????

could you upload your tweaked version pls ...

There's very little point in me uploading the tactic. I've only made 3 or 4 changes :D

anyway, screenshot of the formation:

http://i53.tinypic.com/10gjog2.png

Just use that shape, remove the hold up ball option for Messi, and swap the instructions round for the RCM with the LCM

i understand that can you up up the settings on all 3 forwards please

Archived