Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

yeah, the forwards have the exact same settings.

They still pull out into the wide positions quite a lot.

Beat FC Twente 3-0 at home and then Atlético Madrid 4-1 away

Just wondering, are you still getting the same sort of posession and passing with these tweaks?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I haven't actually tried the original one, because I wanted to make a few changes myself, but possession has been good.

Had 72% vs Hércules, 67% vs Twente, 64% away at Atlético Madrid and 74% vs Sporting.

Did only get 52% away at Racing though, but that was the first league game so I guess my team's got more used to the tactic since

Let me test it more thoroughly and see if there's a point first. I could've just fluked those games.

Just had my first non-win of the season away at Werder Bremen. They equalised when I went down to 10 men (Abidal got injured after I'd made all subs) :(

I'm gonna test it with liverpool. I'm in my 2 season and its not going well. But i have a few questions about the tactic.

1) Do you use shouts? Wich one?

2) No OI instructions are used? Correct?

3) What are the most important abilities for the players? (each position)

And confirm or correct me when is say that every player must have high work rate and determination.

Also the players must have Bravary, Decisions, Off the ball and techniek. (12+? or 15+?)

Smallen's tweaks are unbelievable. 1st game using them, Arsenal vs. Newcastle. 78% Posession, 91% pass completion, 30 shots, 5 CCCs, my playmaker had 105 passes completed and the score was 6-1. Normally I wouldn't be so excited after 1 game but yeah my team haven't even blended to it yet.

Smallen's tweaks are unbelievable. 1st game using them, Arsenal vs. Newcastle. 78% Posession, 91% pass completion, 30 shots, 5 CCCs, my playmaker had 105 passes completed and the score was 6-1. Normally I wouldn't be so excited after 1 game but yeah my team haven't even blended to it yet.

can you upload the smallens tweaked version pls ?

can you upload the smallens tweaked version pls ?

Dude' date=' he explained how to do it:

[url']http://i53.tinypic.com/10gjog2.png[/url]

"Just use that shape, remove the hold up ball option for Messi, and swap the instructions round for the RCM with the LCM"

2nd game, little less impressive but still great like, FA Cup Semi Final against Villa. 62% posession, 88% pass completion, 17 shots, 6 CCCs, final score 3-0.

Might test this with other teams later.

I haven't conceded in 8 games. Haven't even looked like conceding, in fact.

I'll evaluate at the halfway point after 19 league games. Currently on 10 league games, won 10, scored 42, conceded 3.

Beat Rangers 3-0 at home and 4-0 away

This really is a good tactic plays such good football.. just like Barcelona.

Won promotion from League 2, finished 2nd and gave Exeter a good run for their money, we kept winning at the end but so did they.

81396577.th.png

Once again we had the best defensive record in the League.

Russel Evans carried on struggling for goals after his injury so i tweaked his settings again, and now he's scoring regularly once again. Plus we seem to be dominating possesion even more since i tweaked his settings and he's getting more assist's too.

First 2 games of the new season, fantastic possession wise and shots wise.. if only we could score a few more of them.

But i'm not complaining the football we play is beautiful, which is what i want.

66121716.th.png

35925948.th.png

Barkermush: Have you tried putting your playmaker on mixed forward runs? Also, try removing the hold up ball on the striker. These are the main changes I've made since the original ones and I just adjust the Time Wasting and Tempo throughout the match.

Good to see you're having success in the lower leagues :D

Barkermush: Have you tried putting your playmaker on mixed forward runs? Also, try removing the hold up ball on the striker. These are the main changes I've made since the original ones and I just adjust the Time Wasting and Tempo throughout the match.

Good to see you're having success in the lower leagues :D

Hi, yeah i've removed the hold up ball from the striker, i might try changing the playmaker settings when i'm struggling for a goal next time. :)

Yeah it's great for good football, often getting 65+ % possession.

Highest i have had so far was 83% overall possession against Oxford and that's just with Bradford, i can't wait to try it with a top team like Barcelona or Arsenal be scary to see what possession i get with them.

Thanks for creating & sharing this tactic. :thup:

Bakermush: 83% is insane! I just had a 77% game with Barcelona against some lower league team in the cup. I played my developing players and we won 8-0 :D It's good to see everyone is modifying the tactic to come up with different variations

PetrosGz: Try the tactics I released today -- They are in post 3 of the opening post. Use the Home tactic against all the weaker teams, regardless of if you're home or away. I always change the Time Wasting throughout the match. To beign with I set it to 10 (9 clicks) for the first 15 mins so that we control possession; I then change it to 7 (6 clicks) after 15 mins as my standard setting. If it's still 0-0 by the 30th minute, I reduce it to 4 (3 clicks).

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try answering them ;)

Bakermush: 83% is insane! I just had a 77% game with Barcelona against some lower league team in the cup. I played my developing players and we won 8-0 :D

Nice, we didn't score 1 goal in our game though lol.

37463065.th.png

We controlled the game but with only 1 effort on target, although we stopped them from having any shots at all.

I'm not sure if they just set up for a point or if we stopped them from playing, they were 12th in League 2 at the time and we were 3rd.

Silk321: Good point -- I changed the playmaker to the right side so that Xavi would be closer to Messi

dagoonerfan: So far for me it has. David Villa has 32 goals in 23 matches so far. I change the Time Wasting throughout the match, so I think it's important to tweak slightly through the match to get the best results. I rarely change anything else; I sometimes increase the Tempo slightly when the opposition is pressing a lot, or when we are trying to break down a team which is camped on the edge of their area. I stick to the slider values from Post 2 when changing Tempo and Time Wasting.

I'm currently testing out the different effects of Time Wasting and Tempo -- Changing Time Wasting can often look as though the Tempo has been altered, so I'm looking at what the differences are. I think Time Wasting effects how quickly the ball is shifted to the front.

Gee_Simpson: I've created these training schedules for each position. They've seemed pretty successful so far, but I haven't looked into them in much detail yet. :D Feel free to try them out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rh48a2hr93fnlc5

Nice.

How have injuries been while using these? As I noticed the GK, MC & WF positions have a 'very heavy' workload and FB's have a 'heavy'.

Thanks alot mate.

I gave those schedules a go in one of my test saves and unfortunately I was getting way too many injuries each week and players were usually tired. Good try though Realmadrid, I'm sure you will get there in the end with the training side of things.

End of season update

My 3rd season in charge of 1.FC Köln is at long last over. We ended up winning the Bundesliga to make it 2 in a row.

Ended the season with 25-4-5 and a goaldifference of 56-18. Wolfsburg in 2nd ended 7 points behind us.

Had a good run in the Champions League as well where we reached the semi final and got knocked out by Barcelona. Beat Atletico Madrid (4-1 agg.) in the 1st knockout round and then knocked out Benfica (3-1 agg.) before losing 5-3 on agg. to Barcelona despite an even game at Nou Camp and dominating them at RheinEnergieStadion.

Mario Götze was a huge success and actually ended up with the second highest overall rating in the Bundesliga ! Contributed with 6 goals and 10 assisst in 35 matches.

Moving on to season 4...

Nice result there cragswfc! :)

I´m also using the new versions from realmadrid_2007 now, and things are looking very good in preseason matches so far!

New signings before the 4th season: (still trying to build an all german squad..)

Mattia Destro from Inter (in the lack of good german strikers...)

Lewis Holtby from Schalke

Moritz Volz from St. Pauli

Christian Schulz from Hannover

Nationalities in my 26 man first team squad:

Croatia - 2

Bosnia & Herzegovina - 2

Ukraine - 2

Chile - 1

Italy - 1

Germany 18

i fell that the balance between attack and deffence is just not right on the 2 test is just not right. the home version is brilliant in attack, but players are getting caught out of position. the way version as not really changed from the standard. but even though i th screen shot shows me winning 3-1 v Chelsea. i fell the team as a whole don't go forward enuff

Gee_Simpson: I haven't had any injuries during training yet, but I agree they aren't quite right. They are heavy schedules, but not too heavy in terms of physical training, more in terms of technical and tactical. I'm definitely going to look at the training more in-depth but I'm still messing around with Tempo and Time Wasting at the moment -- I'm having some really nice results by just adjusting the Time Wasting throughout the match to counter the opposition's style of play :D

cragswfc: Yeah the downside of this tactic is the player's positioning, which is why I didn't expect it to work with lower teams -- You need high quality players who can cover for any of their team mates being out of position. The tactic is designed to control the game and reduce the opposition's chances by reducing how much of the ball they actually get, so it's vital to be maintaing possession for the majority of the game otherwise the high pressing game will tire your team out if they are constantly chasing the ball.

I can't stress enough how important Time Wasting is when using this tactic. If you find the ball getting moved forward too quickly and being intercepted by the opposition, then increase Time Wasting to 9 clicks and you should see it getting passed around the midfield and fullbacks a lot more, waiting for a front player to find space.

The tactic I've uploaded are my base tactics, but I constantly change Time Wasting throughout the match (I stick to the "lower half" of the Time Wasting slider, unless it's the last 15 minutes and I'm winning; I then choose either 13 cliks or 16 clicks).

franklin: It seems like you've mastered the tactic :D I'm in my 2nd season with Barcelona at the moment. We've played 24, lost 1 to Real Madrid away (gutted as we dominated) and won 23 -- Arsense Wenger is now the manager of R. Madrid. My signing players policy is under 24s only, so that I can introduce them slowly and integrate them into the style of football we play.

cragswfc: Yeah the downside of this tactic is the player's positioning, which is why I didn't expect it to work with lower teams -- You need high quality players who can cover for any of their team mates being out of position. The tactic is designed to control the game and reduce the opposition's chances by reducing how much of the ball they actually get, so it's vital to be maintaing possession for the majority of the game otherwise the high pressing game will tire your team out if they are constantly chasing the ball.

I can't stress enough how important Time Wasting is when using this tactic. If you find the ball getting moved forward too quickly and being intercepted by the opposition, then increase Time Wasting to 9 clicks and you should see it getting passed around the midfield and fullbacks a lot more, waiting for a front player to find space.

The tactic I've uploaded are my base tactics, but I constantly change Time Wasting throughout the match (I stick to the "lower half" of the Time Wasting slider, unless it's the last 15 minutes and I'm winning; I then choose either 13 cliks or 16 clicks).

so you mean like this s2cdno.png

I must say I have made a good start to the season with the new tactics from realmadrid_2007.

Salihovic (playmaker) , my new striker Mattia Destro and especially Götze has been on fire so far!

Salihovic

851774.jpeg

Destro

851776.jpeg

Götze

851778.jpeg

Loving the new tactics so far!! :D

cragswfc: I have 3 clicks less for Tempo now. That Time Wasting value is my default starting value so that we control possession for the first 15 minutes, then I drop it to 6 after that.

robin1337: Playmaker is on the right side now -- I did it so that Xavi would be closer to Messi

franklin: Some nice players there and good stats :D Villa is now up to 37 goals in 27 games and Xavi has 30 assists in 27 games

I must say I have made a good start to the season with the new tactics from realmadrid_2007.

Salihovic (playmaker) , my new striker Mattia Destro and especially Götze has been on fire so far!

Salihovic

851774.jpeg

Destro

851776.jpeg

Götze

851778.jpeg

Loving the new tactics so far!! :D

what position does salihovic(your playmaker) play, left or right?

ah okay, thank you realmadrid!!

@ Realmadrid_2007: Any chance of player filters for positions mate? As I'm an SPL team and it's hard to find quality players in first season, I think player filters would help me.

Cheers.

i have to agree with that

weenathers: I'm still playing the 4-5-1, with the 5 men in midfield we can easily dominate possession. But the thing I like about the 4-3-3 is the two wingers getting more involved in trying to score because they are pushed into striker positions. I'm thinking of attempting to make a 4-3-2-1 Xmas Tree formation for this team -- I did one for AC Milan years back and really liked it. At them moment though I'm concentrating on this 4-5-1 :D

Wijnand fens: Playmaker is on the right. I never use opposition instructions as I want the opposition to be forced to adapt to our style, as opposed to us adapting to theirs. I use the maximum pitch size so that the roaming players can find space. I'm not really sure about Match Preparation; I tend to have it on heavy during pre-season with no specific area selected, so that the team gets fluid with the tactic. After this I drop it to medium (30% of player's training) and keep it on "none" for the focus area. But I have no real idea what effects the match preparation has to be honest.

Gee_Simpson & cragswfc: Ok, I'll upload these today.

Archived