Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice work Bakermush -- You're dominating English football with your tweaked versions. I like your updates, it's interesting to see the progress

I've posted a small update about a few tweaks of my own. Hopefully you can try it with your set piece routine and see how it goes, also checking to see if any more of your tweaks can be implemented in this tactic. Thanks

Yeah i'll look to give your updated tactic a try some time, thanks.

I think i might be leaving Bradford, i've been offered the Liverpool job so last update.

63698757.th.png

Got them to the Semi Finals of the League Cup due to play Arsenal, and left them very safe at the moment in the League.

Be a shame to leave on a 6-1 defeat, although 6-1 was very harsh on us!!

97109014.th.png

As you can see we were the better team. I think it's because our players are not good enough at this level, although i'm getting them to punch well above their weight.

Even Russel Evans is doing average in the Premier League, he's got 6 goals in 18 appearances in the Premier League so far.

We still played our pretty possession football, although we have struggled for shots/ shots on goal away at Man Utd/ Arsenal/ Liverpool etc. But we did come from 2-0 down away at Chelsea to draw 2-2 playing the possession football.

We had no problems with shots/ shots on goal against smaller teams, we battered the likes of Leeds/Middlesbrough/Fulham having over 70% possession too.

76918138.th.png

82890383.th.png

Not a bad League position points wise (plus a league cup semi final) for a team still with an "Regional Reputation" and predicted 20th.

i've been tweaking the attack alot thought the pre season so lost count of what ive done but the shape is still 4-3-3 with wide wingers alongside the strike.

i've put the striker mentality at18 notches.

here a scree shot of how its going at min

when done further testing i will upload it if worth it

Preveza when im satisfied i will upload it

------------------------------------------------------

just a update of my tweaks. the goals not coming like i wanted but still doing well

Craig_simon_Taylor_News_Inbox_3.png

post image wordpress

i got my striker soring

but unfortunately i think i've lost the possession :( so not happy

Rght here is the tactic i got the forward scoring and the passing to what i would like. its back to the originally shape. all i done is changed mentality of the gobble settings 16 clicks, and all players mentality from goalie to the center forward. A major thanks to Real_mardid 2007 for all the other settings all his work. I used i think it was fraklins striker settings with take hold up ball etc.

i don't use oi's

Play maker is right

here are some results

Sheffield_Wednesday_Sheff_Wed_Fixtures.jpg

this is my striker

Yaya_Sanogo_Profile_Attributes.jpg

Thanks to real mardid 2007 for these but these are very important

Time Wasting -

0 clicks: Desperate for a goal; drawing or losing at the end of the match. 75 mins

3 clicks: When I'm looking for a goal before half time when it's 0-0, or we are drawing. (30/35 mins)

6 clicks: My standard setting (15 mins onwards, or 60 mins onwards for 2nd half)

9 clciks: Used for the first 15 mins of each half when I want to control possession yet still offer a goal scoring threat

13/16 clicks: Used towards the end of the game when I'm winning and just want to control the ball to prevent tiredness.

Tempo:

3 clicks: My standard Tempo setting

9 clicks: Break down the opposition if they are camped on the edge of their area (Usually with a 6 Time Wasting)

14 clicks: When the opposition are pressing me heavily

17 clicks: Under intense opposition pressure (very rarely do I use this)

I've only ever used 20 clicks for Tempo and 0 clicks for Time Wasting -- This was when I was 2-0 down, so I decided to just go for it. We won 3-2

taken from post #306

I dont tweak it apart from Tempo time wasting

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20181720/4-5-1+Tic-Tac+MaGiCK+%28Standard%29+tweaked+striker++%28Sheff+Wed%2C+Jan+2017%29.tac

Wow. Great tactic. The game actually feels realistic again.

I was down in 13th when I started using the tactic, then went on a 13 game unbeaten run. I'm now in 9th, but the table, even after 27 games, is still super tight.

1st placed Leeds are on 54 points, and I'm in 9th on 46.

Just lost the first game, Cardiff 3 - Nantwich 2.

For some reason this tactic seems to invite games where I'll still dominate possession, but the other team will have 20+ shots against me.

Cardiff had 25 shots to 11 :S

I played a 0-0 draw away at Stoke. They had 23 shots to my 2.

It obviously looks a great tactic, but is there a way to get rid of the arrows? Plus is there a way that I can see what positions the players are being played in?

I think this tactic is in "classic mode", meaning you can't.

152kzrr.jpg

jk8vfl.jpg

Into the premiership..

Any tips on if I can keep playing this tactic in the EPL? Should I play the "away" tactic mostly?

The only real difference between the Home and Away tactic is the mentality -- It's 4 clicks lower. This causes the players to play more sideways passes as opposed to looking for an attacking ball. I sometimes switch to that tactic at home if we are pushing too many balls forward too quickly and getting men left behind.

Try adjusting time wasting and tempo throughout the game to dictate how quickly you make things happen. i.e. if you're experiencing heavy pressing from the opposition, then play quicker and with a higher tempo. You can watch the game on extended view and see how quickly the opposition player gets to your player before he makes a pass:

-- If the opposition are almost on top of you before you make the pass, then you need to increase the Tempo so as he plays the ball sooner.

-- If the opposition are barely moving towards your player before he makes the pass, then you need to slow the Tempo down and draw the opposition player out.

If you try and imagine two points: Point A and Point B.

-- Point A is the opposition player's starting position

-- Point B is your player's position

Ideally, you want your player to be passing the ball at about the same time as the opposition player is half-way between Point A and Point B. This way you've drawn the player out of position, but you're also playing slightly too quick for the opposition player to have much chance of getting the ball -- This is when space is created.

Just finished my second season with Porto, and again I won every competition I was in! After winning the EURO cup last year, I beat Barcelona in the Super Cup which also led to Pep Guardiola praising our brand of football and passing game.

We dominated domestically and in the Champions League had a sensational run, beating Real Madrid in the Semi Finals - 4-0 at home following a 2-0 defeat in the Bernabeu (unlucky Jose) and demolishing Man City 3-0 in the final ----> http://img849.imageshack.us/i/portocl.png/ .. I also played an 18 year old regen in the playmaker MCR spot in the final due to Ruben Micael being injured :D

My team is good but compared to some of the giants in Europe it is very average. In two years I have won every final I have played in and seem to be getting the best out of everybody. My only major signing has been Paulo Henrique for all of my budget! I use the home tactic only tweaking the tempo and time wasting during games.. Can't thank you enough RealMadrid!

Great tactic thread!

I am wondering about the set-pieces (attacking and defending). I saw franklin and others making remarks about the settings of the set-pieces. Real madrid did you edited the set-pieces on your Home and Away tactics or are they still the same as the Standard tactic?

Franklin i did not download your tweaked version. Can you explain what you dind't like in the settings of the the set pieces --> and what did you change?

Well I can show how real total football work .Just give and try and everything will be much easier .I have make a project called total football and its very simmilar to what you present now .

Because I share the same opinion like you I can show my work .

All Rights Reserved

Total Football for FM 2011 - Link 1

Total Football for FM 2011 - Link 2

I like very much the atmosphere here so it would be nice to have even more ideas :) Thanks .

Is there anything that can be down when using this tactic if your side is just getting dominated?

If getting dominated I always raise the tempo, and if I'm still getting dominated I switch the MC into DMC, raise the time wasting and hope for the best :D

Being honest I do find that I rarely get dominated though, the tactic is amazing at keeping possession and playing in your opponents half.

I started a season with Porto and just bought Vagner

Love and Zapata. So far I've only played with the tic-tac home

and in 33 official games I did so far won all 33.

I have over 100 goals scored and conceded only 11.

The best tactic FM11

Well done tactic. I have not dowloaded it, but made it on my own by reading your facts and numbers, realmadrid2007 :). I am just used to the new model, so i didn't want to download the one with the arrows ect.

The dominance is emence, and i do get a few chances, but don't score a lot of goals. I have read some of the tweeks, but everybody has there own opinion. One thing that i have been struggling with is that the opposition get goals wery late in the game, and so late that there is nothing i can do about it. Wery frustrating.. And my team rearly get any more than 1 goal each game.

Perhaps i need to get better players( Liverpool atm), but i know that they can score more than what they do.

to real madrid, im rubbish at making tactics, not tactical expert or anything, but i have to say this whole thread is amazing, you made a brilliant tactic, which you went into great detail to describe, i like the updates part where you help people out, i know dking will like this thread, as he said too many threads end up with rubbish in it and not much tactical help, KUTGW matey, thanks.

what tactic were you using mate, that you managed to beat chelsea and utd with ?

i was using the original standard tactic, i had an amazing team, tho utd have anyway lol

thanks very much for replying will.

Did you have success in the champions league with this tactic? and what was the goal scoring like?

thanks very much for replying will.

Did you have success in the champions league with this tactic? and what was the goal scoring like?

i never finished the season, my attention span wont let me get into this game at the moment, plus kids and work dont help either lol

@ cragswfc

have you just tweeted the tactic to make the striker score more goals? Did it work? would like to try it with united, having rooney at the top?

i think it would work really well with man u. i would put scholes/ anderson as playmaker. and i think rooney would score for fun

Hi

This tactic looks promising and I am going to give it a go. I fancy a challenge with a non-league club in England and was wondering if this tactic would work with smaller teams?

Also read that there are some variations to the original tactics that some users have edited and was wondering which tactic would be best for a small non-league club

Hi

This tactic looks promising and I am going to give it a go. I fancy a challenge with a non-league club in England and was wondering if this tactic would work with smaller teams?

Also read that there are some variations to the original tactics that some users have edited and was wondering which tactic would be best for a small non-league club

I recommend Barkermush's version. I have tried every version & it produces the best results for me.

Currently sitting 2nd in the SPL with Hearts, 1st season. I've only signed 3 players (Jorge Soto 24k & Mo 120k, Matt James loan from Man Utd) I'm on 49 points after 21 games played, 1 point behind Celtic. P21 W15 D4 L2 F36 A11

Just testing with the original Home and Away tactics. Although the post says the playmaker is the MCR, the central MC seems to receive much more of the ball and make roughly double the passes of the playermaker, so I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed this and whether the changed the settings of the central MC to make him more of a playmaker type himself?

I've found if you're getting high possession but still not getting chances, you're likely to be getting caught high up the park in possession with your defenders and midfielders.

You probably need to manually change their passing to be more direct, as well as increasing tempo.

hey guys.has anybody tried pressing the opp. even more.almost like u don't want the ball crossing the halfline.i think i would need a team wth a very high workrate,determination and stamina.

i mean the tac. works great as it is,i just thought it might help us with some more clear cut chances since the only lack with the tac. seems like it (relatively of course).

btw,i'm in my second year with the tac. with galatasaray,just demolished ac milan in the second round. and just one draw and no lost games in the league.

50 games unbeaten yet in the league.just one lost in the champs. lea. with a weaker eleven on the pitch due to guaranteed qualification.

ah,only if i wasn't lazy to learn to upload screenshots and stuff.i know all this talk is boring without the visuals...

i would like to try the heavy pressure really though,only the season is in a very important stage right now so i don't wanna start fooling aroun with trials..

I've found if you're getting high possession but still not getting chances, you're likely to be getting caught high up the park in possession with your defenders and midfielders.

You probably need to manually change their passing to be more direct, as well as increasing tempo.

I can vouch for this too. The most recent game I played was versus my rivals, Hibernian. I was dominating possession but they were looking more dangerous in the attack. I began to turn my domination into chances and I ended up scoring about 10 mins after I made a slight change. I eventually won the game 2-0.

What was the key to me noticing this and that I needed to make changes? 'Extended'. I remembered what Realmadrid said about watching the game on 'extended' and I done that in the game versus Hibernian, I always watch in 'key' but tried 'extended' for the first time and I noticed a difference right away. I also remembered what Realmadrid said to look out and see if the opposition are sitting off or pressing to much. Well in my case they were sitting back too much. What did I do to counter this? I slowed down my tempo, drawing them out of position and that is what swung the game in my favour.

So I recommend to everyone who only watches on 'commentary only' or 'key' to switch to 'extended'. You don't even need to do it for all games, maybe just the really important ones if you don't have enough time on your hands.

I'm terrible tactically but I realise that if you want to understand where you are going wrong and how to act on it in-game then extended is the way to go, it helped me. I actually feel like I learnt more about this game in that 1 match on 'extended' than I have in every match combined on 'key'.

I started a season with Porto and just bought Vagner

Love and Zapata. So far I've only played with the tic-tac home

and in 33 official games I did so far won all 33.

I have over 100 goals scored and conceded only 11.

The best tactic FM11

Which version do you use?

cragswfc do you think your version is better than the tic-tac home?

for me it was the same a part from the striker scored more. im working a new a version so the striker in voled more in the build up

Cragswfc, what training schedule are you using for sonago, looks a beast, well done

real madrids

When come the new tactic online? And can you give me that training schedule cragswfc? With the Tic-Tac Home I score to less goals, so I wait for the new tactic. Sorry for bad englisch, i'm dutch. :D

my tactic on post #405

training schedule is on post #271

Archived