Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MCL. Yes, put the player in the playmaker box

MCL is the Xavi role as far as I can tell from the opening post it's the one that sits slightly deeper and has throgh balls ticked.

Even though I changed the settings from the MCL to the settings of the MCR and vice versa since I like Xavi on the right and Iniesta on the left it also leaves more space for Messi to cut inside imo.

Btw I tried using a DM in games where the opposition is playing a AMC and it's working without any tweaks just pull your CM back into the DM position and you should be fine.

1.FC Köln Winter Break update.

- Mediaprediction before the season was 13th.

- No players bought.

Halfway through the season I´m sitting top of the table 2 points clear of Bayern Munchen in 2nd!!!

Table:

846513.jpeg

I´m also still in the German Cup where I have had a somewhat lucky draw so far since I have only met teams from the German 2nd and 3rd division. I have knocked out Elversberg , Ahlen and Karlsruhe.

My topscorer is Lukas Podolski wich I have mostly used in the AML position. 13 goals in 19 matches.

846518.jpeg

My main striker however has been a dissapointment.. Milivoje Novakovic has only got 6 goals in 16 matches, but then again he is more of a big strong targetman and I guess he just don´t suits this tactic.

846519.jpeg

As for Adam Matuszczyk who is my playmaker, he´s done OK. He clearly doesn´t have the right stats for being a playmaker (Creativity 11 and Passing 12..), but he is the best option I have at Köln. 1 goals and 6 assisst in 19 matches.

846523.jpeg

One thing I have noticed is that I´m conceeding too many goals from set pieces, especially corners.

Need to look into that..

I haven´t scored many from set pieces either. No goals from free kicks and just 3 goals from corners in 17 Bundesliga matches.

Personally I would rate this tactic as the best I have used on FM11 so far!!

I´ll update again when I have finished the season.

Great work Realmadrid_2007!!

1.FC Köln Winter Break update.

- Mediaprediction before the season was 13th.

- No players bought.

Halfway through the season I´m sitting top of the table 2 points clear of Bayern Munchen in 2nd!!!

Table:

846513.jpeg

I´m also still in the German Cup where I have had a somewhat lucky draw so far since I have only met teams from the German 2nd and 3rd division. I have knocked out Elversberg , Ahlen and Karlsruhe.

My topscorer is Lukas Podolski wich I have mostly used in the AML position. 13 goals in 19 matches.

846518.jpeg

My main striker however has been a dissapointment.. Milivoje Novakovic has only got 6 goals in 16 matches, but then again he is more of a big strong targetman and I guess he just don´t suits this tactic.

846519.jpeg

As for Adam Matuszczyk who is my playmaker, he´s done OK. He clearly doesn´t have the right stats for being a playmaker (Creativity 11 and Passing 12..), but he is the best option I have at Köln. 1 goals and 6 assisst in 19 matches.

846523.jpeg

One thing I have noticed is that I´m conceeding too many goals from set pieces, especially corners.

Need to look into that..

I haven´t scored many from set pieces either. No goals from free kicks and just 3 goals from corners in 17 Bundesliga matches.

Personally I would rate this tactic as the best I have used on FM11 so far!!

I´ll update again when I have finished the season.

Great work Realmadrid_2007!!

are you jut using the Standard tactic are you using the others as well?

@franklin

do you have enabled offside traps?

Yes. On the standard and attacking tactic.

are you jut using the Standard tactic are you using the others as well?

Explained my use of the tactics earlier in this topic:

Usually start with standard, but if I´m up against a weak team at home wich i expect to win against I sometimes start with attack. I only use posession when i want to control the game after I lead the match. I never start with the posession tactic.

Thanks, great tactic for dominating possession. :thup:

Yes, I have modified the tactic to have offside ticked in the Standard and Possesion tactic as that's how I understood it should be. Seem's to be working well.

So "play offside" should be ticked on the team instructions?

hi evry1.i agree with u all about the OP.briliant work..it sounds so appealing,i'm gonna risk my successful season and apply this tac. in the winter break which is 3 games away.so tht i can give the team some time to get a little fluid with it.

just one thing though i'd have loved it,had it been done with the new tactics creator.but,hell the poss. football sounds so good that i'm gonna give it a go.and give feedbacks of course.

couple of question though:

one of my wingers is gonna have to be right side and rigth footed.d'u think it'll spoil the magic?

and what u explained with what u did against tottenham;is it the attacking tac. in the upload center or did u tweak that in the game for that one time only?

thanx in advance..

1.FC Köln End of Season Update.

I have now finished my first season with 1.FC Köln, and I must say this tactic has brought me incredibel success!

Media prediction was 13th. before the season started, and I agreed with the board that we should be aiming at a midtable position.

No players was bought and I just 1 player sold at the start the season. I brought in Maxime Gonalons on loan from Lyon i January since I didn´t feel Matuszczyk was good enough for the playmaker role.

The Bundesliga ended like this:

846736.jpeg

2nd place with a team thats expected to be midtable is just incredible! Bayern only secured the title with 2 matches to go, and I secured direct qualification to the Champions League in the last game of the season with a 2-0 away win to bitter rivals Borusssia MönchenGladbach.

In the German Cup I had a good run and only played 2nd or 3rd division teams until the Quarter Final where I was drawn against Mainz.

After a good 2-0 win away, I was drawn to play Schalke home in the semi final.

A 1-0 win was enough and I had made it all the way to the Cup Final where I was going to play SC Freiburg who had knocked out Bayern Munchen in the semi finals. Another 2-0 win, and the first trophy with this tactic was a fact!

846738.jpeg

4 points away from doing The Double with a team that is predicted to finish 13th. is simply fantastic, and I guess we can conclude with that this tactic works extremely well not only with top teams, but also with mid table/lower midtable teams.

This is in my opinion without doubt the best tactic available to FM11!!!!

man i'm so old school.

if somebody is kind enough to show me through putting up images,i'd love to show u my first game with the tac. and against my fierce rivals through the SNOW.ridiculous pass % and poss. considering tough pitch cond. and rival opp.

so,first game,mid season,away against rivals,tough conditions:

65% poss.

89% pass

23 shots..6 long range.

0-2 win..

really short passing and patient i liked my first game.

Very nice results... how do you handle the teamtalk? Might download and try :)

Before match:

I individually say that "I have faith in your ability" to each player. If the option "you expect him to pick up where he left off last time" is available I choose that instead.

Half time:

Half time teamtalks I choose individually for each player.

6.4 or below - "Disappointed"

6.5 - 7.3 - "I have faith in your ability"

7.4 - 7.7 - "Pleased"

7.8 and above "Delighted"

End of match:

I usually say "tell the lads they have done well" or "let them know the performance was sensational" if the team have played well. I also use individual team talk if a player have played very well or very poor.

6.5 or below - "Disappointed"

6.6 - 7.7 - "Pleased"

7.8 and above - "Delighted"

The main thing is to try and stay positive, but still let players know when they´re not performing to your expectations.

By the way.. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you download this tactic and give it a go! :)

Incredible, in-depth OP, even more incredible tactic.

In the seven matches I've played so far, there's been hardly any flaws found in it (infact, in one game against Hercules, I had a 96% passing success rate).

edit: Huh, just realised this is my first post. I really am a lurker!

a bit of a lurker myself, but this is a well thought out tactic. Im playing with Newcastle first season and have done a bit of wheeling and dealing! Alot of new faces and still early in the season but i can see the potential.

When a poster puts the effort in with a great, detailed OP, then it makes me more inclined to try their work.

Franklin, how has Gonalons performed for you in the playmaker role? i have him on loan but not tried him in that position. My choice of strikers are Benitez or Gameiro, both still settling in but not been performing as id hoped.

a bit of a lurker myself, but this is a well thought out tactic. Im playing with Newcastle first season and have done a bit of wheeling and dealing! Alot of new faces and still early in the season but i can see the potential.

When a poster puts the effort in with a great, detailed OP, then it makes me more inclined to try their work.

Franklin, how has Gonalons performed for you in the playmaker role? i have him on loan but not tried him in that position. My choice of strikers are Benitez or Gameiro, both still settling in but not been performing as id hoped.

Before match:

I individually say that "I have faith in your ability" to each player. If the option "you expect him to pick up where he left off last time" is available I choose that instead.

Half time:

Half time teamtalks I choose individually for each player.

6.4 or below - "Disappointed"

6.5 - 7.3 - "I have faith in your ability"

7.4 - 7.7 - "Pleased"

7.8 and above "Delighted"

End of match:

I usually say "tell the lads they have done well" or "let them know the performance was sensational" if the team have played well. I also use individual team talk if a player have played very well or very poor.

6.5 or below - "Disappointed"

6.6 - 7.7 - "Pleased"

7.8 and above - "Delighted"

The main thing is to try and stay positive, but still let players know when they´re not performing to your expectations.

By the way.. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you download this tactic and give it a go! :)

but what do you say as the overall team talks? pre match, half time?

man i'm so old school.

if somebody is kind enough to show me through putting up images,i'd love to show u my first game with the tac. and against my fierce rivals through the SNOW.ridiculous pass % and poss. considering tough pitch cond. and rival opp.

so,first game,mid season,away against rivals,tough conditions:

65% poss.

89% pass

23 shots..6 long range.

0-2 win..

really short passing and patient i liked my first game.

here you go mate http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36740/t1056353-guide-how-to-make-post-screenshots/

Franklin, how has Gonalons performed for you in the playmaker role? i have him on loan but not tried him in that position.

He did OK. Played 12 matches and scored 1 goal and had 1 assisst. 1 man of the match. 94% successful passing rate.

but what do you say as the overall team talks? pre match, half time?

I say "I have faith in your ability" individually to each player before every match.

Half time team talk is also set individually. But if my team has played poorly and I´m behind at half time I sometimes (rarely) say that I´m "Dissapointed" as overall.

I say "I have faith in your ability" individually to each player before every match.

Half time team talk is also set individually. But if my team has played poorly and I´m behind at half time I sometimes (rarely) say that I´m "Dissapointed" as overall.

ok so the pre match is overall is none the individually "I have faith in your ability" thanks for the guide to your team talks.

This is a great tactic for possession and pass completion, I'm finding it very frustrating when the ball gets to the wingers, they get 18 yd box and either pass to another player usually a mc or stand there turn their back on the goal area and get tackled then loose the ball. All this time the striker just standas in the same spot and no one makes any forward runs. My last game we had 21 shots all up, dc had 3, mcl had 12, mc had 1, mcr had 5 and sc both am had none. We won 5-0 but that is not the point I play with Liverpool we were playing Ventspils(lLatvia), I guess my concern is the lack of shots by the 3 attacking players or will this improve after time. I'm not having a go at the tactic or the creator just passing on what I have found. I'm not a tactical genius by any means but when the attackers don't have any shots then there is something that needs to be looked at. Besides this worry it is a very good tactic.

Fernandinho as playmaker in the MCL role and Jano as AML.

And I would prefer Gago before Fernandes in the MC role.

You should however have a player with more attacking abilities in the MCR role.

I have just started my second season with Köln now. Played the first round in the German Cup where I won 4-0 and had 84% possession. ;)

I always buy young players and try to build up a team that can play together for many years.

Players signed: (age)

Ömer Toprak (22)

Stefano Celozzi (22)

Manuel Gulde (20)

Clément Grenier (20)

Nils Petersen (22)

Taras Stepanenko (21)

David Alaba (Loan) (19)

Vladyslav Kalitvintsev (18)

Next up is Bayern Munchen in the German Super Cup..

@ REAL MADRID 2007 your player roles seem similar to Mantralux real Arsenal tactics were you inspired by him or is this your own work, good job if its all your own it looks like you have put a tremendous amount of work in

This is the best 11.3 tactic so far' date=' I would say, it fits my liverpool quite well. May be have some struggles against big 4, even at home.

Already got 7 WINS IN ROW since the league starts until lost 1-4 to Arsenal at home with the same squard and same tactic (the only player missing was poor injured Gerard). In that game against Arsenal, team talk's fairly done, completely couldn't understand why the game was turned over after i led 1-0...

[img']http://i52.tinypic.com/14mfn9d.jpg[/img]

1zn7n6p.jpg

But anyway, this is the best tactic for 11.3 so far, in my opinion.

you just got batterd at home by Arsenal and you say its the best tactic?

you just got batterd at home by Arsenal and you say its the best tactic?

I lost away to wolves playing as Arsenal, i still say this is by far the best tactic atm!

The tactic isn't everything, a good tactic optimize your chances of success. Your not guaranteed to win.

I lost away to wolves playing as Arsenal, i still say this is by far the best tactic atm!

The tactic isn't everything, a good tactic optimize your chances of success. Your not guaranteed to win.

I totally agree with this. I also get the impression that rich74 is bashing this tactic for some reason?

@ rich74: C'mon, Realmadrid_2007 wouldn't have put in all this effort to make a great detailed OP (The best and most user friendly post on downloadable tactics I've seen btw) If he was just gonna copy someone elses work.

Made quite a good start to my 2nd season in charge of 1.FC Köln.

Managed an easy 4-0 win away to Bentwisch in the first round of the German Cup.

Followed up with an impressive 2-0 win over Bayern Munchen in the German Super Cup where I had 66% possession and 6 shots on target (3 CCC). Bayern had 0 shots on target.

In the Bundesliga I have now 4 wins in 4 matches.

1-0 v Hannover (Home)

4-0 v Dortmund (Away) (!!!)

1-0 v Hamburg (Home)

2-1 v Ingolstadt (Away)

Dominating possession and shots in every match so far!

I also have bought Deniz Naki just before the transfer window closed as I´m trying to build a team of German youngsters. :)

is this just for prem teams?

i ask because im always notts county and im wondering if i ought to wait till i get to the prem before useing it

I would say go for it mate. I think every team should aspire to play like Barca and use the same philosophy they do (same tactics from youth to 1st team, focus purely on the techinical side of the game etc.)

I gave this tactic a little test last night with my team Hearts in the SPL who aren't exactly Premiership quality, I would say we are about Championship level in terms of ability.

The results were very encouraging, not massively high scoring but that isn't what this tactic is all about. It's all about retaining possession no matter what. This tactic looks for the perfect goal, ala Barca or to a lesser extent Arsenal. You will get more enjoyment out of this tactic if you appreciate this and the fact it isn't all about scoring bucket loads although it does pop up with a few high scoring results from time to time.

That save with Hearts was just a test though, just to see how the tactic performed (I do this with every tactic I try) I'll be starting a new one again for real today because of the football I seen on show and the encouraging results.

So yeah I say try it with Notts Co mate as the more people who try this tactic with lower league teams or teams in leagues where the standard is poor, would benefit everyone as Realmadrid_2007 could improve it even further based on feedback.

Hello first i 'd say this is a very good possession barca style tactic ! congrats !

But i have a problem and want to know if everybody got the same :

I have a lot of goal situation but my 3 men attack have a lot of difficulty to finish ! loic remy (left) benzema (striker) and griezman (right)

it's look like a script cuz in other tactics i had less goal's situation but the finish is good or less bad ;)

(sorry for my bad english :) )

I totally agree with this. I also get the impression that rich74 is bashing this tactic for some reason?

@ rich74: C'mon, Realmadrid_2007 wouldn't have put in all this effort to make a great detailed OP (The best and most user friendly post on downloadable tactics I've seen btw) If he was just gonna copy someone elses work.

you have got me wrong im not bashing the tactic if you read what i said i think he has done a good job i was asking him if he has used any ideas from mantralux tactics because i see a lot of similarities, belive me i would never put down anyones tactics,

Hello first i 'd say this is a very good possession barca style tactic ! congrats !

But i have a problem and want to know if everybody got the same :

I have a lot of goal situation but my 3 men attack have a lot of difficulty to finish ! loic remy (left) benzema (striker) and griezman (right)

(sorry for my bad english :) )

Do you use all 3 tactics? And how many matches have you used this tactic?

In my first season my striker only manager 6 goals in 24 league games. I do however suspect this had something to do with that he was more of a big strong targetman type to do.. Podolski was my topscorer (mainly) from the left wing with 18 goals in 38 matches.

In my second season my front 3 have been on fire.

Lukas Podolski (AML) with 9 goals in 10 matches. Avg. rating 7.59

Christian Clemens (AMR) with 5 goals (and 4 assisst) in 10 matches. Avg. rating 7.59

Nils Petersen (ST) with 4 goals in 6 matches. Avg. rating 7.37

it just made me laugh mate to see you post up a heavy defeat at home, your wrong though the tactic is everything you can have the best 11 in the world if you dont get your tactics right you will fail

Do you use all 3 tactics? And how many matches have you used this tactic?

In my first season my striker only manager 6 goals in 24 league games. I do however suspect this had something to do with that he was more of a big strong targetman type to do.. Podolski was my topscorer (mainly) from the left wing with 18 goals in 38 matches.

In my second season my front 3 have been on fire.

Lukas Podolski (AML) with 9 goals in 10 matches. Avg. rating 7.59

Christian Clemens (AMR) with 5 goals (and 4 assisst) in 10 matches. Avg. rating 7.59

Nils Petersen (ST) with 4 goals in 6 matches. Avg. rating 7.37

I use only the standart tactic since now 20 games , my results are good but it's frustrating i often unlock games with corner while my attackers spoil much opportunity.

but I will continue to see if it improves

Archived