Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

you have got me wrong im not bashing the tactic if you read what i said i think he has done a good job i was asking him if he has used any ideas from mantralux tactics because i see a lot of similarities, belive me i would never put down anyones tactics,

Ok mate sorry for the misunderstanding :thup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
an exemple : om-psg

i have 22 shot and 5 clear cut chances and score one goal ... by penalty kick

the final score : 1-1 :(

As I mentioned in post 94, You have to realise this tactic won't win you every game, even when you do more than enough to deserve the win. I just love the way it keeps possession and If you appreciate that then you will be more understanding of when sometimes it doesn't go all your own way.

This is a very good tactic indeed, but it would be perfect if it created more cccs. I know it's meant to be a possession tactic, but what can be done to make the play a little more incisive, without wasting possession? Through balls on "sometimes" for all midfielders? Cross ball on "sometimes" for the wingers (they usually get into the area, all the way to the byline, then turn back and pass to the fullbacks instead of crossing the ball to the penalty spot)? Any ideas?

I've actually been hovering only around 55% possession with this tactic. It seems like what's happening is the opposition is playing a high tempo game to counteract the high closing down, and then using the space that's opened up by my players running around all over the place to keep possession.

Any suggestions? I think I might at least try giving my best tacklers normal tackling to try to win the ball more. I may even have to lower the closing down a tad also.

Realmadrid_2007 some short feedback.

So far only the standard tactic seams to work really good for me and I would suggest some tweaks to your other tactics.

Attack: I would lower the speed of this back to the normal just one notch below quick since I think it leads to too many mistakes during build up play if you play too fast instead I would increase closing down by 3 notches and maybe push up the defensive line a bit more. Another thing that will probably help in terms of attacking is giving your MC and your MCL the freedom to run from deep so you push more players forward. This way you can still keep control of the game but have more options in attack.

Possession: Is quite good so far if you want to see out a game but I would lower the time wasting a bit back to the highest amount of sometimes and instead tick "hold up ball" for all players plus maybe take away your MCRs freedom to run from deep I also pushed the MC back to DMC since it offers some more defensive stability and allows me to have a formation with a DMC in my match prep.

That being said I usually don't have to use anything else then the standard tactic to get a good result.

an exemple : om-psg

i have 22 shot and 5 clear cut chances and score one goal ... by penalty kick

the final score : 1-1 :(

Your chance conversion is something that can't be influenced through a tactic it's more part of the man management department.

Take a look into this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/256882-Those-Games-you-Should-Win...

It explains a lot why your team might have problems converting chances into goals.

5 matches away from the Winter break (half way) in my 2nd season now.

My league record so far is 10-2-0 with a goaldifference of 22 - 5. (5 pionts clear of Bayern Munchen in 2nd)

I am still in the German Cup after 2 easy wins against teams from the 2nd division.

In the Champions League I got drawn in a group with Shakhtar Donetsk , Rubin Kazan and Bordeaux.

Top of my group with a win away to Shakhtar, win at home to Rubin,loss away to Bordeaux and a win at home against them.

I have made some tweaks to all 3 tactics that seems to be working very well too! :)

- Fixed the set peices for all tactics. (No corner cheats!!)

- Adjusted the striker in all tactics. (My striker are getting more chances and scoring more now)

- Adjusted crossing/cross from/cross to for full backs and wingers

- Removed hold up ball from the striker and set MC and MCL to hold up ball

With these adjustments:

- I create more chances

- Striker scoring more

- Keeping better possession

This tactic has given me back the joy of playing Football Manager!!

My league record so far is 10-2-0 with a goaldifference of 22 - 5. (5 pionts clear of Bayern Munchen in 2nd)

I am still in the German Cup after 2 easy wins against teams from the 2nd division.

In the Champions League I got drawn in a group with Shakhtar Donetsk , Rubin Kazan and Bordeaux.

Top of my group with a win away to Shakhtar, win at home to Rubin,loss away to Bordeaux and a win at home against them.

I have made some tweaks to all 3 tactics that seems to be working very well too! :)

- Adjusted the striker in all tactics. (My striker are getting more chances and scoring more now)

With these adjustments:

- I create more chances

- Striker scoring more

can you put your tweaked tactics?

What changes have you made to the strikers/wingers/full backs?

With these adjustments:

- I create more chances

- Striker scoring more

Are you still getting 65-75% overall possession?

I'm averaging possession of 72% at full time in matches but scoring few, averaging about only 3 - 6 shots with 0 - 2 on target in games.

Here's a typical example

Mind you i am playing in the Confrence with Northwich Victoria but i am in 2017 recently relegated from League 2, but we have a pretty strong team for the Blue Square Premier.

I don't mind drawing or losing because of a severe lack of efforts on goal if i'm dominating possession that much, i love it. :D

But if your edited version of the tactic is still dominating possession that much aswell as getting more goals, then i'd love to try it. :thup:

congratulations franklin, well done, i dont know if people realise but if you look below the opening post, RM2007 is doing updates, he is answering questions in there, this is response to posting modified tactics:

****POSTING TACTICS****

Anybody can post whatever variation of the tactic they've made. I released it so that it would get properly tested, and improvements made. It'll hopefully become a community tactic. Write down what changes you've made and anything which you've noted -- Just so we can learn what's effecting what.

straight from his mouth xo

Playing as Aston Villa 2nd season with pretty much the same starting team I have adopted this tactic. I am keeping the ball really well and scoring a fair few through Agbonlahor and Downing. However time and time again Albrighton gets in a great position to cross and with his 18 crossing ability it could be leathal if the inside forwards crossed the ball occasionally with players like Young, Downing and Albrighton.

Great tactic none the less, though I am intruiged to see these tweeks...

Here is what my striker scored.

i found when i was loosing when i changed to the attack formation it dint work for me, but if i put the mentality to the firs notch of attacking on the standard so its 14 notches from the left

can you put your tweaked tactics?

That won't make much sense imo since most of the tweaks are made to fit his team to play better it might not work for another team.

Crossing for example might work if you have a striker that is good in the air and or wingers that can convert high balls.

Striker adjustment is also very individually since different strikers need different settings slow and tall strikers might be better off staying up front while fast and agile strikers will play better coming from deep and with roaming form position and so on.

Take your time to understand your players strength and then make tweaks to fit those players otherwise you will never get the best possible result for your team so use this tactic as a frame work and try small detail modifications which might improve the performance of your players and you should be well off just using someone else tweaks usually won't help much.

Out of these 2 players who would you play in the left midfield spot as the playmaker?

Ozturk

Postigo

These are the best i can do with my squad.

I've been playing Ozturk as the playmaker but as you can see he's not been doing that great. I've just signed Postigo on a free in January and i've been playing him in the right midfield "attack" position but i'm thinking of using him as the playmaker...

is better normal tackling than light for the fullbacks?

It depends. I have made good experience with normal tackling for my fullbacks but if you often play against weaker teams the probability is very high that they will play with a lot of time wasting and your defenders might pick up a lot of cards. So if you notice that your team picks up a lot of fouls and cards you might want to switch to easy tackling and if you have the feeling that your players aren't aggressive enough in their defensive work I suggest you use normal tackling again.

Another thing to take into account is your defenders positioning and tackling ratings if they are high across the board you should be well off with normal tackling at all your defenders imo.

Out of these 2 players who would you play in the left midfield spot as the playmaker?

Ozturk

Postigo

I've been playing Ozturk as the playmaker but as you can see he's not been doing that great. I've just signed Postigo on a free in January and i've been playing him in the right midfield "attack" position but i'm thinking of using him as the playmaker...

Ozturk i would play play-maker

Ozturk

Postigo

I would suggest Ozturk since he has the better balance between creativity, passing, anticipation and teamwork.

Postigo might be overall the more talented player but his lack of teamwork and creativity put him in second place for the playmaker spot imo.

Since Postigo is pretty fast and a good dribbler you might want to try him as a winger I would say.

Edith: damn cragswfc beat me to the answer. :p

Are you still getting 65-75% overall possession?

I'm averaging possession of 72% at full time in matches but scoring few, averaging about only 3 - 6 shots with 0 - 2 on target in games.

Here's a typical example

Mind you i am playing in the Confrence with Northwich Victoria but i am in 2017 recently relegated from League 2, but we have a pretty strong team for the Blue Square Premier.

I don't mind drawing or losing because of a severe lack of efforts on goal if i'm dominating possession that much, i love it. :D

But if your edited version of the tactic is still dominating possession that much aswell as getting more goals, then i'd love to try it. :thup:

try putting mentality first notch off attacking

Ozturk i would play play-maker
I would suggest Ozturk since he has the better balance between creativity, passing, anticipation and teamwork.

Postigo might be overall the more talented player but his lack of teamwork and creativity put him in second place for the playmaker spot imo.

Since Postigo is pretty fast and a good dribbler you might want to try him as a winger I would say.

Edith: damn cragswfc beat me to the answer. :p

Ok thank's. :thup:

Yeah i may try him out on the wing.

Upfront who would you play out of these?

Connelly

Clark

Evans

Ings

I've been playing Connelly upfront as he's rated with 3 stars by my assistant, but Evans and Cark are only rated with 2 & half stars stars and Danny Ings is only rated with 1 & half stars.

But i'm wondering if the lack of shots is down to my striker not being so quick? I'm thinking about starting Clark up front?

To get your striker to score, set him run from deep to often, if he has good off the ball attribute. I played two games with this tacic with Leverkusen, season 16/17. 1-0 win vs. Stuttgart, 66 % possesion, 88 % pass completion rate, second one was vs. Nurnberg. I won again, this time by 3-0. 63 % possesion and 84 % pass completion rate. Both games were played home, now let's see how it works away from home.

Connelly

Clark

Evans

Ings

I've been playing Connelly upfront as he's rated with 3 stars by my assistant, but Evans and Cark are only rated with 2 & half stars stars and Danny Ings is only rated with 1 & half stars.

But i'm wondering if the lack of shots is down to my striker not being so quick? I'm thinking about starting Clark up front?

i would put evens up top. as the striker holds up the ball & he got strength 0f 14

Connelly

Clark

Evans

Ings

Hmm tough question since they are all pretty **** for a striker imo but I think yes Connelly has the best overall stats for being a striker even though he has 17 teamwork low passing creativity and anticipation which is a pretty **** combination if you want to have a striker that is also capable of being involved in your overall play.

Try to find a striker that is pretty fast and has equally good stats in finishing, technique, compsure and off the ball and you should get a healthy return of goals from him at the level you are playing.

But yes I would probably go with Connelly.

Edith: Crag has a point here with the strength attribute and holding up the ball but since I prefer a different kind of striker I have different striker settings to the original which involve my striker more into build up play and let's him roam around more freely so if you want to go with the original striker settings use Evans if you try Connelly don't use hold up ball but might want to try through balls to sometimes.

Hmm tough question since they are all pretty **** for a striker imo but I think yes Connelly has the best overall stats for being a striker even though he has 17 teamwork low passing creativity and anticipation which is a pretty **** combination if you want to have a striker that is also capable of being involved in your overall play.

Try to find a striker that is pretty fast and has equally good stats in finishing, technique, compsure and off the ball and you should get a healthy return of goals from him at the level you are playing.

True lol, it's hard finding decent players that will come to you when your in the non leagues, plus with being semi profesional for the majority of my time here that's been another draw back to getting players to want to join me. (We only just turned profesional 2 years ago after we won promotion to League 2 but then came straight back down :( )

I signed Connelly for 4k from Nottm Forest at the start of the previous season straight after we were relegated, as he has a potential of 4 and half stars and my scout said he could become a good League One striker in the future.

i would put evens up top. as the striker holds up the ball & he got strength 0f 14

Ah, i'll give him a go upfront and see if it improves. :thup:

Anybody has answer for this, I donimate in passing stats and in possesion but I has less shots than my opponent, and i lose, I had 70-75 % possesion against Bayern, and I lost 0-3. This is really strange.

Edith: Crag has a point here with the strength attribute and holding up the ball but since I prefer a different kind of striker I have different striker settings to the original which involve my striker more into build up play and let's him roam around more freely so if you want to go with the original striker settings use Evans if you try Connelly don't use hold up ball but might want to try through balls to sometimes.

that what i thought he would be using he normal settings.

Flohrinho could you put up a screen shto f your striker settings pleas as im getting a more mobile striker

that what i thought he would be using he normal settings.

Flohrinho could you put up a screen shto f your striker settings pleas as im getting a more mobile striker

At this time I play Bojan as a Striker since Villa is out for around 3 months with injury.

I only changed a few settings: I took away "Hold Up Ball" but gave him "Roam From Position" I also changed his "Run From Deep" to sometimes and his "Wide Play" to "Move Into Channels". I think it suites Bojan a bit more since he is a pretty agile striker who is fairly fast and has some good team work and passing on top of his good striker attributes.

Another thing I might try is giving him more creative freedom on par with my wingers even though his creativity isn't through the roof his flair is quite good.

I'm also starting to build up my backroom staff so that I can work around making Training schedules. I made a previous post before about training; the first half is correct, but I think I made a few mistakes with weighting each schedule in relation to how many stats they train. I've since read that this is wrong, so I'm going to go back and tweak it. Then I'm going to attempt to make some schedules for my team, working high in areas crucial to this style of play (Aerobic, Ball Control & Tactics being the most important, with Attacking & Shooting being the next important). Hopefully, in building schedules suited to the tactic, we can generate a philosophy of football dedicated to beautiful play. A Tactic and Training Set could then be used to transport this philosophy to any club we want (within reason). I'll also include Youth Schedules so that we can mould our youngsters, both with training and the use of the tactic in all their matches. This way we can build a squad which is fluid and interchangeable throughout a season. This tactic is heavy on players, so if we can build players for the tactic, we can interchange them with high success. That's the dream.

This would be awesome, any estimated time frame for release? I'm looking forward to these already!

I’ve always loved to keep clean sheets, so I would build a very stable 4-3-1-2 with Inter. It was simple, boring and effective. i.e. Mourinho.

I am really looking forward to seeing this new Inter version.

Also, one of the best TACTIC threads EVER.

Thanks

really great work mate..not only cause it's nice tactic,which looks like it is,yet i haven't played enough to say still,but the way u approach it,the whole thing.almost tutoringlike and sharing opinions explaining where u came from so we understand the fundemantels of it and can contribute even a little.

hey hands up magnificent post in my opinion..congrats really.

first thing i'll do now is to try and play around those t-waisting,d-line and tempo sliders and feedback if i can do a decent job with it.

by the way.i'm playing with galatasaray in the turkish league.so i'm favourites domestically and underdogs in euro cups so i have good chance to test defensive and off. approaches..

again;big time post imo...

I really enjoy this tactic, played a season now from start to end and the results where impressive, although i play with a top team i performs better than other tactics i have tested.

My tweaks so far:

Fullbacks set to normal tackling, cross ball sometimes.

AMR/AML set to run with ball often.

Forward unticked hold up ball and through balls sometimes.

Working for me, but i suggest you tweak to fit your players ability's.

Also i changed around a bit with defensive set pieces, half of my conceded goals were from defensive set pieces, especially corners were a nightmare.

With these adjustments:

- I create more chances

- Striker scoring more

Will you be releasing your tweaked version mate?

How is it going? Still getting better results than the original?

Will you be releasing your tweaked version mate?

How is it going? Still getting better results than the original?

Had to remove some of the tweaks I made with crossing on fullbacks and wingers as it started to effect my possession..

The striker tweaks however have worked very good for me. Podolski has 26 goals in 31 matches so far.

The tweaks I made for defensive corners and free kick has also been a success. Conceeds alot less from dead ball situations now.

I´ll post the tweaked tactics soon! :)

As for the results I´m getting with my tweaked tactic, I can´t complain about them in any way.

I didn´t loose a single match in the Bundesliga until the 22nd round! Lost away to Stuttgart even though I dominated the match.

Stuttgart had 3 shots on target to my 7. And I had 70% possession.

Also suffered a narrow 0-1 defeat away to fierce rivals Leverkusen in the German cup quarter final. Another match I dominated..

Still in the Champions League where I meet Porto in the first knockout round. Managed 2-2 away.

Top of the Bundesliga after 24 matches played (18-5-1 / goaldifference 45-10) and I´m currently 11 points clear of Bayern Munchen in 2nd place.

Things are looking good in other words! :)

Here are my tweaked versions of these tactics. :)

Tweaks made:

- Normal tackling on all players

- Strikers mentality (up) , pressing (down) and passing (mixed). Removed "hold up ball" and set "through balls" to sometimes.

- MC and MLC (playmaker) set to "hold up ball"

- Changed where the wingers (far post) and fullbacks (middle) deliver the crosses

- Put CM to DMC position , ticked "counter" box set corners to be taken short (time wasting near corner flag) on the Possession tactic

- Adjusted defensive set pieces

Downloads:

Standard

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735446.tac

Possession

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735883.tac

Attack

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735967.tac

ENJOY! :D

Here are my tweaked versions of these tactics. :)

Tweaks made:

- Normal tackling on all players

- Strikers mentality (up) , pressing (down) and passing (mixed). Removed "hold up ball" and set "through balls" to sometimes.

- MC and MLC (playmaker) set to "hold up ball"

- Changed where the wingers (far post) and fullbacks (middle) deliver the crosses

- Put CM to DMC position , ticked "counter" box set corners to be taken short (time wasting near corner flag) on the Possession tactic

- Adjusted defensive set pieces

Downloads:

Standard

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735446.tac

Possession

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735883.tac

Attack

http://www.fmfile.com/images/1300735967.tac

ENJOY! :D

which version that you use more?

team instructions

Cheers, seems to have done the trick.

Still keeping around 68-72% overall possession but having alot more shots now. My last 5 results, won 4-0 / Drew 3-3 / Won 3-2 / Won 4-2.

Also used florinho's Bojan settings for my striker and he's got 5 in the last 4 games. :thup:

Stats from my last game, a 4-2 win over Sutton Utd.

65257608.png

As you can see much more shot's to go with the possession now. :)

Edit: There red card was in the last minute of the game, so didn't make any difference. The possession was around 70% through out the entire match.

which version that you use more?

As I explained on page 1...

Usually start with standard, but if I´m up against a weak team at home wich i expect to win against I sometimes start with attack. I only use posession when i want to control the game after I lead the match. I never start with the posession tactic.

decided to try this with fiorentina, 1st season, only bought masiela and boussufa (before i stumbled across this tactic).

used a dfferent tactic pre seson so wasnt expecting too much 1st game home to roma....

FIOR 4 ROMA 1

got to give a mention to 18 year old kofi agyei to run the show with 73 passes, 69 suscessfull and 2 assists.... fantastic

Archived