Has anybody actually had a big offer for a player?

I see the frustration but I also see the value in Cougars point. Many is the time I have had ridiculous amounts bid for my top players out of the blue, like he alluded to, I attribute this to the fact they are important brilliant players whom I never intend to sell, hence the inflated bid. The comparison to whatever medium you wish, cars or whatever, also holds truth wherin you don't want them so why should another team, AI or not, pay over the odds merely based on your valuation.

Both sides hold merit. Eveyone is agreed it is infinitely harder to sell in this version than previously, and unless you like to be bored by lack of challenge when you are rolling in hundreds of millions with an awesome team, I think its better overall.

Another thing being overlooked is yes, there are mental bids for players concerning AI-AI teams, but wouldnt it make sense that being human and paying for the game, maybe the programming is designed to make it harder for you, the human player, to dominate and make ridiculous sums constantly? No conspiracy. No bug, maybe its just geared that way. Seems perfectly logical to me. The AI don't care either way who goes for what price. You do, so the game is tweaked to make it that little bit more difficult for your ultimate enjoyment. You know, after you've done ranting and screaming over the injustice of it all (which I tend to do a lot incidentally) :D

Just throwing it out there. Feel free to deconstruct my point or spit vitriol accordingly.

It's no consipracy that the game may have been deliberately programmed so that the AI never makes an outlandish bid for one of your players? That's a bit of an oxymoron dude.

So what I've got from this thread so far is that nobody has had a big offer for a player, unless I missed a post, Right?

Correct.

Please someone show me a player they sold for more than €50m. Without offering them to a team. That the AI just came in and offered.

People wanted examples of where a player IRL was sold for more than their worth?

C.Ronaldo

L.Figo

D.Beckham

Kaka

Zidane

Crespo

Schvechenko

Vieri

Ronaldo

Shearer

Andy Cole

etc

I have some of the best players in the world. One worth 44m. A few worth 32m. Etc.

Yet in 35 seasons not a single bid for any of them?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ada5tra

You make a good point in your last paragraph about SI perhaps wanting to keep the game that much harder by not allowing human managers to get huge fees from the AI.

On your first point:

I think everyone here is in agreement when it comes to players that you actively want to sell for whatever reason - poor form, wants to leave anyway etc etc.

However, the issue that the rest of us (bar Cougar) are raising is for the players that you don't want to "Offer to clubs", like the Everton / Rooney example I made previously.

We want the AI to come in with a proper bid for your star player if you're a small club, just like the AI does with other AI teams, not just bid the current value (not asking price) and walk away if you try to negotiate what you feel is a fair price (with "negotiable" set as the status also).

It's not that you're trying to sell the player, you'd happily keep him, but if the RIGHT money came in, you'd sell for the good of the club. we don't want to have to go down the route of offering him out at all, it's not that type of situation.

ya get me?

Highest sale was £44m for a player I bought for £40m 2 years earlier.

Apart from that the highest bid (and sale) I've done is £36m. If the shoe was on the other foot and I had to sign this "£36m player" I would be spending £90m though.

well not really. Conspiracy would evoke there is feeling behind the idea, as far as I am aware, most games have difficultly levels not so the AI can laugh and point at you for being useless, but to give you a varying grade of enjoyment based on your ability. Every arcade game ever made is geared to beat you eventually unless you have a million pounds in coins handy, in this particular instance on a home entertainment system, and with no real way of implementing a set "difficulty level" I'd say that gearing the AI to play and behave differently to the person who bought the game for their ultimate own enjoyment is a good thing, but like i said,its only conjecture, was just an opinion based on my own thoughts so is not fact in any way shape or form.

Out of a choice between selling regens every other month for 67 million pounds I wouldnt need because my team was full of stars and quickly losing interest, and having the odd problem with not being able to sell players, I know which I would pick. As I said, noone has denied the system isnt perfect, or that it isnt harder now to sell players, but in my little metaphorical carapace of a gaming universe, true or not, valid or not, I find solace that there is an explainable reasoning system behind this singular issue at least. I prefer that to banging my head against the desk wailing as to the injustice of the gaming world. And in my world, SI and SEGA would love the odd moan about transfers compared to everyone getting bored of the franchise because every year after 2 seasons the whole fanbase has the best team, trounces all and sundry and gets bored enough not to buy next years incarnation.

Course this is all theoretical.

EDIT-incidentally the last big bid I had from nowhere was 47 million for Evra.I took that quicker than a striking Viper and slotted Coentrao right in for about 9.

I understand you perfectly Ya_ya and I agree with you to an extent. It is supremely annoying at times and I'm the first to moan to myself when playing if things arent working as I think they should. This seems to be one of those situations that arise on here from time to time, where a lot of people come in complaining of a problem/bug/issue, call it what you will, and it seems to be vastly overwhelming evidence-then another group come in and start saying how their experience is totally different and it has never happened to them (the thing with star players being listed for their face value springs to mind, although it is an issue, not everyone had it)

I have never really had the experience you guys are, not to the same extent anyway, as like i said, periodically I get bids made out of the blue for players I don't want to sell and they are ma-hoosive. Thats not to say it doesnt happen the way you say and there is a problem, and it must be frustrating if it happens the way you say.

Highest sale was £44m for a player I bought for £40m 2 years earlier.

Apart from that the highest bid (and sale) I've done is £36m. If the shoe was on the other foot and I had to sign this "£36m player" I would be spending £90m though.

Did you offer them out? Or did the AI come to you with a bid?

The AI isn't human and doesn't understand that it needs to up its offer. You need to lead it by either negotiating or by setting a higher asking price.

I always set asking prices high (2x to 3x their value) and never get bids based off that. The AI almost always bids their value and if I negotiate they say no thanks.

The AI isn't human and doesn't understand that it needs to up its offer.

And that is the exact problem. The AI is a computer program. you just admitted it is an issue. After proclaiming for 9000000 posts that it isn't.

The AI is not programmed right, you admit that yourself. Right there.

And that is the exact problem. The AI is a computer program. you just admitted it is an issue. After proclaiming for 9000000 posts that it isn't.

The AI is not programmed right, you admit that yourself. Right there.

Please don't put words in my mouth, I never once said that the AI being a computer program was an issue.

What I said was it isn't perfect but much better than people like you are giving it credit for.

I also said that an area like the transfer market is very subjective, ask 100 different people how much Rooney is worth and you'll get a whole range of answers.

This leads us to your earlier post:

People wanted examples of where a player IRL was sold for more than their worth?

C.Ronaldo

L.Figo

D.Beckham

Kaka

Zidane

Crespo

Schvechenko

Vieri

Ronaldo

Shearer

Andy Cole

etc

You can't say that, there is no bible that says Shearer was worth £x so you can't say that they were sold for more than they were worth.

At the end of the day Eugene you seem very frustrated with this area and all I'm trying to do is help you understand it so you can get more enjoyment/satisfaction from FM.

I sold a player for £99m a couple of months ago (in real world time) but I did offer him to clubs.

Real Madrid (I think it was them) bought a player for over £100m (maybe 110- can't remember).

Not sure if clubs have ever made bids for my players without me offering them... I get alot of enquiries from other clubs but never really any offers.

However, the issue that the rest of us (bar Cougar) are raising is for the players that you don't want to "Offer to clubs", like the Everton / Rooney example I made previously.

We want the AI to come in with a proper bid for your star player if you're a small club, just like the AI does with other AI teams, not just bid the current value (not asking price) and walk away if you try to negotiate what you feel is a fair price (with "negotiable" set as the status also).

There are several issues being discussed and you've listed two above.

The first is clubs making bids on players you own - A lack of activity so to speak, I agree with this part there seems to be a lack of offers from AI clubs for players on human teams.

The second is the size of the offers. This is an issue where I feel users such as Eugene aren't communicating effectively with the game and could do more to help themselves. FM won't adapt to their way of thinking so they need to adapt to the way the game works to achieve a satisfactory result.

Yes this has occurred to me every single time I offer players out at my asking price. I can accept clubs not wanting to match my askiing price. What frustrates me is they always return with a non-negotiable offer at the players market value! They are never ever willing to negotiate, even when I'm offering quality players who are looking for a change of scenery. However, when the tables are reversed, we are expected to match their asking price and non-negotiable offers are thrown out of the door. Bullies I say!

Please don't put words in my mouth, I never once said that the AI being a computer program was an issue.

You admitted the AI isn't perfect. Which is the issue. Nobody is putting words in your mouth. You said that the AI does not understand that it has to up the bid.

This is the ISSUE being talked about. I declare the AI does not understand anything. It's programmed. And it's not programmed to up the offer. Which is the problem

You admitted it wasn't perfect, ergo you admit the AI bidding for players is not working right.

What I said was it isn't perfect but much better than people like you are giving it credit for.

It has no creditability at all, that's the problem and why every other person here is saying the opposite to you

I also said that an area like the transfer market is very subjective, ask 100 different people how much Rooney is worth and you'll get a whole range of answers.

This leads us to your earlier post:

You can't say that, there is no bible that says Shearer was worth £x so you can't say that they were sold for more than they were worth.

Yes you can. Everyone can. It's simple.

In todays terms, put Ronaldo in there. Is he really worth 80m? Really? C'mon. It's common sense. Shearer was a TRANSFER RECORD.

At the end of the day Eugene you seem very frustrated with this area

I'm only frustrated with you.

and all I'm trying to do is help you understand it so you can get more enjoyment/satisfaction from FM.

I don't need you to help me understand it. I understand it 1000000 x better than you do.

I get plenty of enjoyment out of the game, did I ever say I didn't? Who's putting words in who's mouth now???

The game is done so badly and wrong.

Look a few posts back. A guy had Lakukua at Anderlecht until he was 31!!! Nobody bid for him? That's a load of crap isn't it? What do you think? What do you really think about that? That is wrong. He's always signed for a big club in ANY game I've had.

You're so completely wrong on this it's actually causing me a migraine.

Did you offer him out or did they come in with a bid? Was there a negoiation?

Na i didnt mate, they made a lower offer of like £45 Million for him then i negotiated it to £50 and they accepted.

Also Im sure if you offer a player you are meant to get them cheper because they are transfer listed ? When FM Continues or Saves it come up with the little tips and if a players is transfer listed generally you can get him on the cheap

Don't worry about it Eugene.

Sorry I bothered you, in future I'll just ignore you :rolleyes:

Everyone else is saying that there is a problem. And you keep coming back and making irrelevant points and silly comparisons.

Then you claimed to be trying to talk sense into me, when I was the one trying to talk sense into you...

Mind-bottling arguments coming from you on the subject at hand.

Na i didnt mate, they made a lower offer of like £45 Million for him then i negotiated it to £50 and they accepted.

Also Im sure if you offer a player you are meant to get them cheper because they are transfer listed ? When FM Continues or Saves it come up with the little tips and if a players is transfer listed generally you can get him on the cheap

Fair enough. Seems like you've done well with a large offer not instigated by you. It's never happened for me yet though :(

Yeh if the player is on the transfer list. But my player wanted to leave. When I offered him I didn't put him on the transfer list, because I knew about that little caveat with the game. So I decided to offer him without placing him on the list.

Then to be offered 9.5m for a 18m player was a joke. Hence why I didn't sell him. And he's still with me in my current game.

HAD the AI made a 18m bid for him I would have accepted. But currently he was my best player. And I don't know any team that would sell their best player for FACE value.

Look at Charlie Adam for Blackpool. Blackpool won't sell they are holding out for more money. I don't blame them.

So I decided to offer him without placing him on the list.

I dont think you can offer a player without him automatticly being transfer listed mate ?? Im not sure about this I may be wrong but I always though if you offered a player he goes on transfer list ??

*Puts hand up*

I dont think there is a problem.

The AI knows which players are happy where they are and therefore is unlikely to bid for them.

If you offer out players, then you will be lucky to get over their value as the club knows you want to sell them. However I have manged to get 2x a players value when offering him ou on more than one occation.

If you have a successful team and the players like the club and like the manager, then chances are they dont WANT to move. Therefore when the AI scout looks at your player he will get the same thing that you get - 'XXXX thinks that YYYY will have no interrest in joining your club at this time' And therefore, the clubs dont make bids.

Everytime an AI team offers out a player they too are lucky to get more than his face value.

Form is key for me. It seems more important than displayed value in the AI calculating what it will pay for one of my players.

There is a significant lag on the value adjusting to the way they are playing (eg a 5 million pound rated player would have to be playing like a 20 million pound player for 3 or 4 seasons to end up rated at 20 million) but the AI teams seem to be bidding based on there projected future value. Therefore there are very few players (if any) that will be playing at above their value and will elicit those double your money bids. In many cases you have overpaid to get the player in and he is holding his value at best and often slowly drifting down. In these cases (which covers most of my team most of the time) you are lucky to recoup their face value.

There seem to be modifiers to this- Particularly wages. If they are being overpaid (again common in my team to get a good player in) they are much less likely to draw high bids. The only times in general I get unsolicited bids it is for players who are being underpaid for their age/ability. This is why unsolicited bids are rare for me but more common for younger players.

Players do seem to move between ai clubs for a lot more than I could hope to get but I suspect that this is a necessary mechanic in a very complex financial model to keep clubs trading.

The system is a bit blunt but the balance seems pretty good overall to me (certainly better than previous iterations) as it makes the game difficult but not impossible. I used to be able to make a fortune selling on dross for profit but to get a tiny club up the divisions now takes a lot more effort.

The main place the system falls down to me is the good average players. You can put the mainstay players of your well performing team on the market with no interest whatsoever and end up losing a lot of money on them but that aside I like the system currently.

This was already discussed over and over. It's clearly a major bug, and there's actually people saying it's ok, unbelievable. If you want to sign a player (specially if he's <25yrs) you probably have to bid 2x or 3x times (if not more) his value for the transfer gets accepted. But if it's the opposite you'll probably just getting offers for his value. If you notice, when you offer a player, you can always put the "50% of next transfer" clause, and the clubs always seem to accept it, which, most likely will give you extra money. This or offering the player for a loan, where you'll probably get outrageous money for a year. Almost seems like cheating, but they need to sort this out, and SI seems to pay no attention at all.

Most I've ever got for a player was ~£14.5M plus incentives. The whole process went like this

1. The player (Marco Reus, I'm managing Gladbach) wants to move to a bigger club. I try the usual "this club is growing" chat but he still wants to leave.

2. His value was around £4M. I offer him out for £15M but do not place him on the transfer list.

3. A whole bunch of teams offer £8/9M and Hoffenheim offer £14.5M plus incentives (% of profit).

4. I accept the £14.5M offer.

The player was sold for over 3x his value but I did offer him out, albeit not transfer listed. This was my highest FM transfer although I've only been playing since 10 usually don't play more than 3 seasons per save. The lack of 20M plus offers isn't that big of a problem to me. Think about it, how often to players transfer for that much? Maybe 2/3 per transfer window? Think about how many "major" clubs there are. The chances of any one team not named Barca, City or Real buying/selling a player of that magnitude is small. 7 of the 12 transfers over £30M have involved those three teams so it's not that unrealistic that you aren't getting clubs to bite on your expensive players.

The more annoying part for me is the lack of negotiation on all transfer not started by you. When you play in Serie A, you continuously get ****** co-ownership offers from teams. Say you have a young player worth £2. AI teams will offer to co-own for £1M with a buyout clause of £1.5-3. Obviously, you wouldn't sell a young player with a ton of potential for at most £4M. So you negotiate the offer to have no buyout clause or a larger one. The other team straight rejects, not bothering to negotiate. The player and his agent get ****y and demand you give him an improved contract. You reject and tell him to show it on the playing field. All is well right? Guess what, one week later the same club makes the exact same offer and the cycle repeats itself.

And say you offer a player, not transfer listed, worth £3M for £4.5M. You might get a bunch of £3M offer but they will all be non-negotiable. You don't have the choice to play hardball and demand £4.5M or negotiate clauses etc. It's take it or leave it at a lower price.

Fair enough. Seems like you've done well with a large offer not instigated by you. It's never happened for me yet though :(

Yeh if the player is on the transfer list. But my player wanted to leave. When I offered him I didn't put him on the transfer list, because I knew about that little caveat with the game. So I decided to offer him without placing him on the list.

Then to be offered 9.5m for a 18m player was a joke. Hence why I didn't sell him. And he's still with me in my current game.

HAD the AI made a 18m bid for him I would have accepted. But currently he was my best player. And I don't know any team that would sell their best player for FACE value.

Look at Charlie Adam for Blackpool. Blackpool won't sell they are holding out for more money. I don't blame them.

He was talking about FM2010, so his example is not relevant...

Ok let's paint a few RL scenarios and see if they're replicated in-game:

1) Good players slip down the pecking order. IRL managers would likely still want to keep these players as backup (thus would not be offering them out actively) but could be tempted to sell if the right price comes along.

Teams that think that these players can do a job for the first team would be tempted to bid, albeit not an excessive amount since they know the player is not exactly important to the current club.

This does not happen in game I think

2) Good players playing regularly and wanted at club, though if the right offer comes along, the manager would sell. In this case the bidding club needs to bid excessively (2 to 3 times his value) to even interest the selling club.

Players should be happy to move depending on personality/reputation of new club/wages offered etc.

Almost never happens in game for AI bidding for human team's players

3) Extremely important player to clubs. All bids would be rejected, though there will still be bids similar to Scenario 2 because other clubs cannot distinguish the 2 scenarios until an actual bid is made.

Almost never happens in game. If human players bid for AI players in these category, they will get quoted an extremely high price in some cases, in essence signaling that these players are in Scenario 2 instead

4) Extremely loyal players who would refuse to move. No bids would come in as scouts would determine that the player is not interested in moving. Managers would have to offer these players out to get bids. Selling price: around his value

Happens in game

5) Players clubs want to get rid of whether it's because of high wages, unhappy etc. Managers can offer these players out to get bids, though in some cases clubs would know these players are unwanted and would bid. Selling price: less than value

Happens in game

I'm sorry this took so long i forgot that i had to meet the missus at the cinema at 6:30 last night (15 minutes after my initial post). luckily i convinced her i was busy running a model to predict market trends. also took a very long time i had to run the different options i hadn't though of. results:-

nutshell: much harder for human to sell player.

a little more detailed:-

not managing anyone (ran this 8 times 4 times each because i changed loyalty from 1to 20 and added-removed players from club hate list to ensure-try to prevent a sale):-

jack jackson (value: 1.2m)

major interest - 12th july from fenerbahce

bid - 15th

accepted - 16th

sold - 18th for 1.8 (2.1 with clauses) - lowest bid

jim jackson (value: 1.2m)

major interest - 18th july from barcelona

bid - 21st

accepted - 22nd

sold - 24th - 1.8 (2.1 with clauses) - lowest bid

they both sell for the listed amount give or take 100K but always to the same two clubs and on the listed date give or take 1 day. ai never sets an asking price. loyalty and-or hate didn't noticeably matter.

managing jack jackson's team (did not set asking price)

jack jackson (value: 1.2m)

- fenerbahce register around the 12th but quickly lose interest. they're replaced by barcelona who lose interest within a couple of days.

- when the player does not request a move - i get no offers despite the interest

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to issue hands of warning- window closes with no bids.

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to sell for right price - window closes with no bids. except once I received an enquiry and managed to get 3m up front from fenerbahce. i couldn't replicate this despite 4 attempts taking the exact same steps with each player (same saved game).

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to any price - i get 1 or 2 very low bids (from smaller teams) that get withdrawn if i attempt to match what the ai managed to get.

- if i set it up so that the player demands a move. wants a bigger club because of interest:-

- i tell him that I decide whether he stays or goes and tell him that he's being unprofessional so he apologizes.

- teams become interested and lose interest but no bids forthcoming

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to issue a hands off warning - interest remains from various clubs but a bid is never put forward by anyone.

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to sell for right price - window closes with no bids.

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to any price - i get 1 or 2 very low bids that get withdrawn if i attempt to match what the ai managed to get.

- if i set it up so that the player demands a move. wants a bigger club because of interest:-

- the three other options (look for a club now, next window, end of season) lead to the same outcome. asking price set at 2.4 million (200% his value) automatically- interest from 10 clubs.

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to issue hands of warning- window closes with no bids.

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to sell for right price - window closes with no bids.

- if i get asked to respond to transfer rumours and set to any price - i get 1 or 2 very low bids that get withdrawn if i attempt to match what the ai managed to get.

on the occasions i don't get asked to respond to rumours and this happened a couple of times i got no bids.

jim jackson (value: 1.2m)

interest - 2nd august

bid - 4th

accepted - 5th

sold - 8th to chelsea for 1.8 can raise to through clauses to 3.8 to 4 million

This happened every time. it's weird because he ends up being sold 2 weeks later for more money despite there being no connection between me and him.

setting an asking price of 1.2- 1.5 - 1.8 million from the very beginning changes nothing.

when the player demanded a move, i chose all options and ensured the asking price stayed at 1.2 - 1.5 - 1.8 - everything remained the same.

managing jim jackson's team:-

the opposite of everything i've stated happened when i managed team b but the dates are a little different. that includes the other player being sold for more a week or two later than he would have had i not been managing either team. i'm not sure why this happens.

i ran the various routes a minimum of two times. it took me a lot longer than i thought it would.

I've had loads of bids for players. I sold Park Ji-Sung for £8 million in the first season to Fiorentina and I didn't offer him out. The bid came out of the blue.

I've sold Tomasz Kusckzak for £5 million to Leicester and I didn't offer him out and

I've sold Dimitar Berbatov for £28 million and I didn't offer him out.

:)

AI is always interested in (human player's) players but they never put an offer.

In my Atalanta game , I am at the end of the third season now. For 3 years a lot of big clubs are interested in Simone Padoin, it was like WNT sign is part of his name, but I have never had a bid for him. He is 7,5M and my asking price 12M (I always keep my asking price just under X2 valuation unless he is an unreplaceable asset)

I always pick two teams. My other team is Aston Villa (after my promotion to EPL with Portsmouth, I transferred to A.Villa) but same thing there. 3 seasons passed I never had an offer for any of my players both for Portsmouth and Aston Villa !!!

Correct. When you offer players, yes they do get sold but only with the original price.

For instance, when I try to sell a player, first I put him in the transfer list, raise the asking price a little bit (i.e. 2,1 to 2,5) and mark him as not wanted, then offer him but I always have offers as the original valuation. It is like all the bidding clubs have a pact to offer the same amount...not the asking price but the original value.

Beyond that; I am thinking now, but I don't recall AI's bidding even for my listed players. If you offer, always have a bid but without offer, nah ! (except one time for my 17 year old U-18 team player !! and in Italy you get low-cost co-ownership offers)

The bottom line is: I want AI bidding for my players without offering them. No, I don't mean that I would like AI spending like mad, but currently they don't bid at all !!! Definitely something wrong somewhere...

The issue seems to be your expectations.

As I've stated further up why do you expect the AI bidding more than the value (which is simply a figure based on rep/wages/contract length) or the asking price (a figure set by the manager/user). When does this ever happen in real life?

For instance I want to sell my car and stick an advert in the paper/on the car saying "For Sale - £5000" Would you then come along and say "I've give you 10k for it"?

You don't see all the discussion between AI clubs, you only see the end result.

There commonly is no such thing as AI negotiation really. The AI bids the magic hidden price set by another AI team. Only in cases where the receiving AI rejects it - 100% success rate with Paulo Henrique aka Ganso at the start of the game - you will actually have an offer worth the magic hidden price rejected, and have to bid about 20m GBP. Same of course applies for rivals etc. But no, show me the AI actually negotiating, inserting fun clauses, all that stuff.

As an EXPERIMENT (because out of curiosity I did this) - load up FMRTE and look at their SALE VALUE. You will not get that player for €1 less than the SALE VALUE set in the game.

... unless the board accepts the offer :)

Can a human player sell at the non-human inflated prices by going on vacation for a few days during the transfer window?

That is a really good question, anybody with enough free time to simulate?

Don't worry about it Eugene.

Sorry I bothered you, in future I'll just ignore you :rolleyes:

It's you, who should be ignored. Writing drivel over and over again just for the sake of your nonsense dispute.

No wonder you got so many posts.

Read a few things here and I think the biggest issue I've noticed is people not communicating their ideas right.

There is Asking Price, and then there is the Player Valuation. Don't get confused people.

If you set an asking price of 5 million for a player, why would anyone bid higher? But if you have a player with a valuation of 5 million and there is no asking price set, then you obviously need to pay more.

Secondly, When you try to buy a player, check if he is considered "Indispensable" or "Key Member" If he is either of those, its pretty clear the club is not willing to sell him and will only do so if an above the odds offer comes in. Secondly you also need to check the players reputation. A high reputation player will cost you more as you would expect.

I have been able to buy tons of players for exactly their valuation price simply because they were considered "Rotation Players" or "Back up". The AI doesn't find these players important and therefore are willing to let them go. You can even get a really good price by simply making an inquiry.

The only thing I can agree at all with anything I read here is the fact that AI to AI interactions seem a bit weird, when clubs pay nearly 10x more for a very average player who is only going to rot in reserves.

Also, Don't make the mistake of over-evaluating your player too much when offering him out to other clubs. If you offer out a 8 million value player for 15 million, you might get some offers, but if you don't then you made a mistake. If you then offer him out again the next day, the AI interprets it as you being desperate to offload him and will then low-ball you. You will also notice that if you offer the player out too many times too quickly, his valuation will actually drop as well. This is just logic guys. It's how anyone would conduct business.

Don't forget. Asking price is the value you set in the transfer screen. The value is the amount attached to the player.

Personally, I think the system works fine in respect to selling/buying, the only thing I would like to see more is clubs trying to build squads and sometimes try to buy one of your key players. Despite you obviously going to reject it, it would add a nice amount of realism, at least to see them inquire on more players, as well as them actually bidding for players like a post above have mentioned. It's also highly unrealistic having 6 clubs offering the exact same value (Offered a player out for 12 million, everyone came back with a 10 million offer. I was happy but everyone offering the exact same value?)

Read a few things here and I think the biggest issue I've noticed is people not communicating their ideas right.

There is Asking Price, and then there is the Player Valuation. Don't get confused people.

If you set an asking price of 5 million for a player, why would anyone bid higher? But if you have a player with a valuation of 5 million and there is no asking price set, then you obviously need to pay more.

Secondly, When you try to buy a player, check if he is considered "Indispensable" or "Key Member" If he is either of those, its pretty clear the club is not willing to sell him and will only do so if an above the odds offer comes in. Secondly you also need to check the players reputation. A high reputation player will cost you more as you would expect.

I have been able to buy tons of players for exactly their valuation price simply because they were considered "Rotation Players" or "Back up". The AI doesn't find these players important and therefore are willing to let them go. You can even get a really good price by simply making an inquiry.

The only thing I can agree at all with anything I read here is the fact that AI to AI interactions seem a bit weird, when clubs pay nearly 10x more for a very average player who is only going to rot in reserves.

Also, Don't make the mistake of over-evaluating your player too much when offering him out to other clubs. If you offer out a 8 million value player for 15 million, you might get some offers, but if you don't then you made a mistake. If you then offer him out again the next day, the AI interprets it as you being desperate to offload him and will then low-ball you. You will also notice that if you offer the player out too many times too quickly, his valuation will actually drop as well.

Don't forget. Asking price is the value you set in the transfer screen. The value is the amount attached to the player.

I think the issue is that without offering the players out, you seldom get big money bids from AI managers We're not talking about human managers making bids for players in AI teams here.

I think the issue is that without offering the players out, you seldom get big money bids from AI managers We're not talking about human managers making bids for players in AI teams here.

That's fair enough. I don't think the AI should do a lot of big money bids, but instead to a lot more inquiries on the availability of your players, and if they do make an offer automatically, instead of it being a "big offer", it should a be a decent offer with which you can start a negotiation war with the AI.

That's fair enough. I don't think the AI should do a lot of big money bids, but instead to a lot more inquiries on the availability of your players, and if they do make an offer automatically, instead of it being a "big offer", it should a be a decent offer with which you can start a negotiation war with the AI.

I think the problem is that the AI doesn't do that either. It did in FM 2010. I frequently got offers for my players above their so-called value and, if the offers were from bigger clubs, my players got upset when I rejected them. Now the offers are always for the face value or less. And when I reject them the player's agent usually wants to negotiate a new contract. Since i set high asking prices on my important players, the AI has stopped bothering me. This makes the game easier so long as I don't need to sell someone, but easier is not better. I would prefer a touch more realism.

It seems pretty clear that SI have created a new problem whilst trying to solve an existing one. Previously, in FM10, you'd get bids pretty regularly and if you rejected it the player would get upset and stop performing, Modric is a good example as you would invariably get a 30m ish bid Jan 2010 and then he'd be unhappy for sometimes a year plus if you rejected it. So SI have changed the coding so less bids come in and now agents just ask for new contract, however it isn't quiet right and too few bids are coming in at too low a value.

In addition if SI are deliberately making the value of players more relevant, in previous versions it was pretty pointless, by saying that is what you will get if you sell then two things need to happen, 1 - AI to AI transfer need to be done at the same levels and 2 - The values need to fluctuate more and get higher, i.e. Bale should be very highly valued, Rodwell should be high as he will not be sold for 4/5mil as he is valued in game.

It takes an absolute age, years in many cases for a player to hit the 20m mark so you will never get what happened with Rooney in real life, or the ridiculous price Andy Carroll just went for!

And everything Cougar has said absolute nonsense, saying why would AI offer more then he is worth, completely ignoring the fact that they offer AI more and you have to offer AI more, I ask you...

It takes an absolute age, years in many cases for a player to hit the 20m mark so you will never get what happened with Rooney in real life, or the ridiculous price Andy Carroll just went for!

And everything Cougar has said absolute nonsense, saying why would AI offer more then he is worth, completely ignoring the fact that they offer AI more and you have to offer AI more, I ask you...

i have three regens, under the age of 23 worth more than £20M, so it doesnt take that long if the player and club are good enough.

So which FM games actually have the AI offering decent amounts of money for your guys and which don't?

Not played FM11 much really so I've no opinion on the issue, but I don't find it hard in FM10 to sell players for quite high fees.

i really hope that this gets sorted in the patch, considering how important the transfer system is in football management (well duh!)

i am losing so many half decent players on free's because no one wants them, it's almost criminal.

oh and i really hope the ai stops using scouting tools to cheat, thats the only explanation i can come up with as to why they bid the exact value required! not sure the ai has even heard of the word negotiation.

Archived