FM11: Official Rate My Regen Thread

Ty

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

I'm wondering how this regen ranks (at his position, DC) among the all-time best. I don't look at regens on the board here so I have no idea, but this one is basically 18-20 at all the important DC categories. Let me know what you think.

picture4jo.th.png

You have to click the thumbnail once to open it up to a bit bigger, but then to get to full size you have to click it again.

Also, obviously the question I'm asking is just how good is he all-time based on how he looks. The way he plays, however, he hasn't dominated. He's played well but not fantastic. I'm wondering if maybe the low influence means more than just he'll be a bad captain?

He is pretty outstanding, though I think his physical stats could be better, which is probably the reason he plays well but not outstandingly, as the ME always seems to place more emphasis on the physical stats than others (especially in FM10). He is a world class player, and one of the best DC's I've seen, but possibly not the all-time greatest DC. I had one back on FM10 called Tony Spearing who was a beast, wish I'd posted him now.

Here's a few of mine from my current Chelsea save:

screenshot20101205at211.png

Current back-up goalie, will takeover from Cech in the next couple of years, the best of the regen goalies I've seen so far. Amazing mental and physical stats, and room to improve still on his technicals.

Current first choice LB and English which is a bonus. Also has made his way into my England squad.

First choice DM, from my own youth academy, the English Makelele. Finally got his first goal for the club this year too!

First choice RB, great player just wish his jumping would improve.

Just a couple more:

Current back-up DC, but won't sign permanently! Desperate to get him in full-time, but playing well so far in his loan spell

Picked up from Blackburn 2 years ago, playing as a B2B midfielder, will take over from Essien if I can get his tackling up.

Oh yeah, his positioning could also be a problem, would get some individual training focus on that myself

Yeah doing that now after that I'll work on jumping

Im still chuffed to bits finding him, so happy

Here are a few great regens I've managed to persuade to come and play in Slovenia.

LukaBokalProfile_Attributes.png

He's probably the only good Slovenian regen I've found.

TiagoProfile_Attributes.png

This guys dubbed the new Lucio, although probably not with those physical stats.

MatiasAguirreProfile_Attributes.png

New Messi? I can only dream!!

MarlonGaliciaProfile_Attributes.png

Yes he is Guatemalan. He also has a spanish secondary nationality, so it will be interesting to see who he choses to play for!

A few more:

DavidYakubuProfile_Attributes.png

Absolutely love this guy. He's the Ghanaian James Milner, had something like 42 youth caps before he finally played in the first team.

ChristianOkoduwaProfile_Attributes.png

I signed him before I was able to scout outside Europe, based soley on those youth goals. Luckily it was a good decision.

Here is someone I recently purchased from Tottenham. Yeah, I know, cardinal sin and all but the guy is my future right back for me and England for sure. Rob Flitcroft is his name, costing me £8,000,000 and £30,000 p/w in wages. A bit more work in certain key areas and he'll be a regular in my first team, for sure.

I woudnt sign him because of the lack of meltal and physical (but thats just me being a strength fan for midfielders) atributes for a central midfielder. Also, you will have to wait about 3 years before he comes to your team, and in that time im sure you will find someone better ;)

Hey guys,

I'm wondering how this regen ranks (at his position, DC) among the all-time best. I don't look at regens on the board here so I have no idea, but this one is basically 18-20 at all the important DC categories. Let me know what you think.

picture4jo.th.png

You have to click the thumbnail once to open it up to a bit bigger, but then to get to full size you have to click it again.

Also, obviously the question I'm asking is just how good is he all-time based on how he looks. The way he plays, however, he hasn't dominated. He's played well but not fantastic. I'm wondering if maybe the low influence means more than just he'll be a bad captain?

Wow...he is fantastic an already world star!!!

I don't know why he doesn't perform better (7.16 rating is not bad), he is still young, maybe because of his hidden stats. Maybe you should tutor him if you have great old player with right stats. Anyway...try to maximize his physical training, he is only 19 and the only thing he lacs is acceleration/pace. If you biuld those attributes for only one point it will be great and he will be probably the best DC I ever saw!

I woudnt sign him because of the lack of meltal and physical (but thats just me being a strength fan for midfielders) atributes for a central midfielder. Also, you will have to wait about 3 years before he comes to your team, and in that time im sure you will find someone better ;)

Well I suppose i'll just have to keep an eye on him for those 3 years, see if the mental stats do develop....but you're probably right, probably will find some other youngster even better in that time.

Bravery is not really a big concern for a striker, I'd be more concerned with his composure and strength than his bravery. Having said that he's sixteen and most of the striker base stats are decent enough and with room for improvement. Keep him, wait till he's 21 and re-judge him then.

thanks for the reply, I had a feeling I may have been being a little hard on him after i threw him in at the deep end giving him his debut in an early season game were we were the stronger team but away from home and he had a stinker.

I'll let him get some match experience in the u19s this season then try and get him a good loan deal and have him tutered by one of my first team strikers when he gets back.

So here is my star striker. Picked him up for 8.5 mil € and he's been great for me ever since.

torresajax.png

Now I just recently got my first good regen through my youth acadamy. Here's the guy.

vanderlooajax.png

Unfortunately his composure is horrible.

Would it be possible to improve it by getting him tutored?

Anyways, I'm still happy I finally got a regen who can make it in the first team.

Spotted this guy playing in the Danish League, hoping that I can get his passing, technique, creativity, decisions and tackling up a point or two for a real all-rounder. He's played very well in the games he's had so far:

2cz4gvm.png

Got this one trough my youth academy this season.

Not sure quite what to make of him, he's half and half in DL and ML. I'd say more ML?

My contribution!

From a quick look, possible box to box type of player?

So here is my star striker. Picked him up for 8.5 mil € and he's been great for me ever since.

He looks very good. :thup:

Now I just recently got my first good regen through my youth acadamy. Here's the guy.

Unfortunately his composure is horrible.

Would it be possible to improve it by getting him tutored?

Anyways, I'm still happy I finally got a regen who can make it in the first team.

You've got six odd years to work on it! Goodl uck.

Spotted this guy playing in the Danish League, hoping that I can get his passing, technique, creativity, decisions and tackling up a point or two for a real all-rounder. He's played very well in the games he's had so far:

Possible squad player at worst?

Some mental regens there for some people

luengo.png

Touted as the next Alfio Basile (I know it means **** all but I said I'd throw it in there)

I've possibly a Garth Bale situation here, he's a natural LB but doesnt have the stats (technically, physically & mentally) to defend. He is an accomplished ML though, should I retrain him into a winger a la Bale under 'Arry? He has room for improvement but I need to make a decision quickly. I'm uneasy with wasting 10% of his workload to get him up to a natural ML aswell.

Advice would be appreciated

This guy is already a fixture in my team as a winger/inside forward. I see him as being as good as Messi. When you see him in the ME, he's just like him. Signed him from Osasuna first season for £1.7m

t6rm0p.jpg

This guy was signed for £2.5m from Villareal. Great technicals and physicals, I'm promoting him to the first team next season, at least for cup games. I'm sure his mentals will come along soon enough.

wajdpc.jpg

This guy came in through my youth. Originall from San Marino, but has chosen to play for Italy. Thought he was the best home grown regen I'd seen, until the next guy. As with Ignacio, promotion to first team next season beckons.

335fqew.jpg

Awesome regen who's also come through my youth. Don't know what I want to play him as though, he's incredible, could be an amazing CB, or a DM who will absolutely ruin the other team with his physicallity and work rate!

aa7k06.jpg

Here are a few other regens in my team.

EldarKotovProfile_Attributes.png

His marking is a bit low, but still has been performing very good. Also scored the opening goal when I beat Atletico Madrid in the Champions League Final.

BenjaminLoiselProfile_Attributes.png

He was a striker, but his stats are better for an attacking midfielder. Retrained him there and now rotating him with Eriksen.

MartinEekmanProfile_Attributes.png

Great technical attributes, but a bit slow, and his physical haven't improved that much. But I have faith in him. I hope he would be a good replacement for Paloschi.

Phillip Castel

Has been fantastic in his first season finishing 3rd in players player of the year. Doesn't score many but finished top of the assists last season

phillipcastel.png

phillipcastel2.png

Gorka Iriarte

Only just got him so we'll see how he turns out. Currently getting tutored by Nicolas Lodeiro

gorkairiarte.png

Marcelo

Signed him last summer at the age of 16 but doesn't join me until next summer due to age restictions. Has continued to develop while at Flamengo though.

marcelot.png

Some very good players here.

I have just started season 2014/2015 and have 4 wonderkids in my Sevilla side. All i did was sign up very good scouts and send them all over. I only looked at players over 3 and a half stars. The 4 wonderkids i have are all Argentinian and i guess its no coincidence the scout i sent to south america was 20/20 for judging ability and potential ability!

I signed this kid for £3m and he is being tutored by Simon Kjaer.

adani.jpg

This kid cost me £14.75m. I was furious because i could have approached him on a pre contract in 6 months but sporting lisbon came in with a £15m bid and i didnt want to miss out!

durante.jpg

This guy cost me £4m

Salvarani.jpg

This kid cost me £3.1m. Very good attributes but he is very confrontationial!

Zamora.jpg

Bright future for Argentina! All are wonderkids!

Would love to hear some thoughts??

Archived