Ban Suarez for Life

djvandyke

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Ajax player I of course say no. He's our captain and he's basically fffffffb. _O_

Every player would have done the same in his situation. At least if they want to win the game. Ghana just should have scored the pen.

Is this thread any serious? :-)

There is always this kind of overreaction here when a player do something that is perceived as cheating. :thdn::D

This is a windup, surely?

I actually thought he did the right thing. It's a professional foul, no? (Might be wrong on that count). But it's not like he tried to hide the fact that he did it. It's not even as bad as the Henry handball, and while there was a massive overreaction to that (and I'm Irish), I don't recall anyone calling for him to banned for life. Though I suspect the FAI might have tried. :(

I reckon pretty much any player in the same situation would have done the same thing as Suarez.

He did it to try and keep his country in the world cup imo and succeeded at it.

If your favourite player ever did the same thing as Suarez I doubt you'd be wanting him banned for life.

People should take a step back. If Ghana had scored that penalty would anyone be having a nervous breakdown?

And this is completely correct...

I can't understand why you care so much for this incident, are you even Ghanaian at all? How does this affect you in the slightest to want him permanently banned?

I mean, the guy genuinely traded his sending off to stop a goal in an act of desperation...to be honest, I even thought he´d be able to take it out with his head, but he didn´t have any time to react.

Fair enough, have him sit the semifinals. But he saved his team (twice in the same play), broke the game rule and was rightfully ejected. The referee was spot on, did what he had to do.

For me this is much less sick than forwards faking fouls to be awarded penalties.

Anyway, opinion is always free...but this is a funny thread whatsoever.

Fair play to Suarez, I would have done the same. He got his punishment, red card and penalty so don't know why people are complaining.

If he got away with it, then it's a different story.

What is worse? He just cheated a team out of a world cup semi final.

No...

Ghana missed the penalty which put them out of the world cup...

If they scored that penalty then you wouldn't be complaining, I do have to wonder what you would have done if you were Suarez. What else could Suarez really do in that situation?

Nah, not really. Is this really cheating in the truest sense of the word? If was one-on-one with the goalkeeper and Suarez took him out, would that be "cheating", or would that be a professional foul? Isn't this a professional foul? He did what he did, took the red card (right thing to do IMO), Ghana had the chance to win, it wasn't like the ref had been conned or anything, what's the problem?

Cheating what?

cheat [ cheet ]

verb (past and past participle cheat·ed, present participle cheat·ing, 3rd person present singular cheats)

Definition:

1. transitive verb deceive somebody: to deceive or mislead somebody, especially for personal advantage

2. intransitive verb break rules to gain advantage: to break the rules in a game, examination, or contest, in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage

3. intransitive verb be unfaithful: to have a sexual relationship with somebody other than a spouse or regular sexual partner

4. transitive verb escape something: to avoid harm or injury by luck or cunning

Nah, not really. Is this really cheating in the truest sense of the word? If was one-on-one with the goalkeeper and Suarez took him out, would that be "cheating", or would that be a professional foul? Isn't this a professional foul? He did what he did, took the red card (right thing to do IMO), Ghana had the chance to win, it wasn't like the ref had been conned or anything, what's the problem?

Exactly, it's a professional foul. He took one for the team. If every player who commits a professional foul gets banned for life they'd be running out of footballers.

This is a windup, surely?

I actually thought he did the right thing. It's a professional foul, no? (Might be wrong on that count). But it's not like he tried to hide the fact that he did it. It's not even as bad as the Henry handball, and while there was a massive overreaction to that (and I'm Irish), I don't recall anyone calling for him to banned for life. Though I suspect the FAI might have tried. :(

You obviously didn't pick him as your captain in the ff game.

Because Ghana were cheated out of a GOAL, not a chance to score. Maybe the ref should be allowed to award a goal in these cases.

It wasn't a goal, the ball never crossed the line. If it didn't hit his hand he might have headed it clear.

Because Ghana were cheated out of a GOAL, not a chance to score. Maybe the ref should be allowed to award a goal in these cases.

Yes but Suarez was taken off the pitch for it leaving Uruguay with 10 men giving Ghana a chance to score and have more players than Uruguay giving them a significant advantage.

Joke right? What player wouldn't have done that for their country, even the other player on the line tried to save it with his hand ffs :D

In all fairness I'd have done it for my Sunday team if it meant winning/not losing, let alone my country. :D

Yes but Suarez was taken off the pitch for it leaving Uruguay with 10 men giving Ghana a chance to score and have more players than Uruguay giving them a significant advantage.

It was the last kick of the game, the only advantage went to the Cheats.

Archived