THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is great.

I currently have Howard in goal, the plan was to bring the dutch keeper off the bench, but Howard got 8 do dhall probably stick with him.

Also got dempsey & lampard in midfield with 8 and 3 points respectively. didn't plan it this way, but lamps will be subbed and Dempsey will stay on.

Its a game that you have no idea how you are realistically getting on against other teams until the full round is played.

Yeah, I'm liking the whole subs thing as well, even though I forgot to put Ozil in. Think I'm doing fairly well so far, and I've still got 6 potential clean sheets to come from Lahm, 2 Brazilian, 2 Italian and a Spanish defender.

Oh, and Villa & Huntelaar :cool:

Quite remarkable that no strikers scored a goal in any of the first 6 games, with only a late penalty in the 7th breaking the run. Then Germany's strikers all score.

So what happens on Wednesday then? There are two games being played in gameweek one (Hon v Chi, Sp v Swi) and the evening game is the first in gameweek two. Does that mean we all have to be by our computers between the second and third game reorganising our teams?

So what happens on Wednesday then? There are two games being played in gameweek one (Hon v Chi, Sp v Swi) and the evening game is the first in gameweek two. Does that mean we all have to be by our computers between the second and third game reorganising our teams?

You can sort your team and make transfers for Round 2 now if you want to.

Guest roberto922

Got 7 from Heit, 4 from Sneijder, 3 from Bendtner. But Bendtner will be coming off for Xavi at midnight, still got Chiellini and Ekotto to play tonight

I am a bit confused with the substitute thing, but let me just pose this question.

I have Gallas on bench with 8. I have Eboue and an Italian defender playing tomorrow or whenever. If Eboue and Italian defender do worse than Gallas, am I able to sub in Gallas to replace one of the two this round to get his 8 points rather than whatever they get?

I am a bit confused with the substitute thing, but let me just pose this question.

I have Gallas on bench with 8. I have Eboue and an Italian defender playing tomorrow or whenever. If Eboue and Italian defender do worse than Gallas, am I able to sub in Gallas to replace one of the two this round to get his 8 points rather than whatever they get?

No.

Does it cost points to sub players?

Substitutions are free. Transfers you get 1 free each group stage round (and more thereafter) and any further will cost 3 points a piece.

well that sucks.

Should have done it the other way around... ;)

Cannavaro 5 points and Chiellini 3. Will drop Chiellini and Bougherra (4) for Lucio and Pique tomorrow.

And Huntelaar (0) for David Villa. Quite confident for tomorrow's games. :cool:

Italy not keeping a clean sheet meant that overall I've lost 1 point for forgetting to put Ozil into my team for last night's game as I have to keep Di Maria (5) points in instead.

This time I have confirmed my subs :( 0 points for Zambrotta, Sneijder and RvP yesterday ffs.

I wasn't planning on relying on Weiss but he's gotta step up today against NZ.

Does Danny start for Portugal? Papers saying it will be Simao and Ronaldo out wide. So not quite sure why I put Danny in.

Guest roberto922

Got Bastos and Cesar playing today, Villa and Xavi tomorrow, hopefully pick up some big points there

Archived