THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

I dont have a back up keeper tho. Have two 1million keepers and Ceaser (Brazil) as fist choice. As I wanted to free up money for the rest, this may cause me problems?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with just Cesar, especially with CIV and POR in their group. Enyeama only 4.5m and despite NGA's opening game against ARG could keep a clean sheet against KOR and GRE.

Or maybe have Cesar for first round against PRK then transfer him out for another keeper.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't feel comfortable with just Cesar, especially with CIV and POR in their group. Enyeama only 4.5m and despite NGA's opening game against ARG could keep a clean sheet against KOR and GRE.

Or maybe have Cesar for first round against PRK then transfer him out for another keeper.

My initial plan yes. Also if need be I can transfer my backup strikers for a decent 5million keeper and have a 1 million striker sitting on the bench.

With the captain thing? Does it stick? Or can I change it around.

Example say I have Rooney as captain. He scores a low point tomorrow can I change the captain to Kaka who may score more goals?

I just rendered all my previous attempts completely pointless as I changed 80% of my team half an hour before kick-off. This will almost certainly come back to bite me in the arse.

:D I fought the urge to do this.

Come on Juarez and Barreto for Mexico, and Gonzalez and Suarez for Uruguay tonight!

Evra + Guardado = 7 pts. Late addition of Guardado looking good atm.

What are these defending and attacking bonuses on the scoring? Evra loses 3 points (1 and 2 respectively) because of them. That and his yellow card nullified the clean sheet bonus.

Had Marquez in my team, but he only got 6 due to having -2 for the attacking bonus. Attacking and defending bonuses are so rubbish.

Defending bonuses is 1 point for recovering a ball (The sum of gaining possession tackles and clearances completed) and -1 for every 3 fouls committed.

Attacking bonus is 1 point for every 2 balls delivered into the penalty area (Ball entry into attacking penalty area whilst maintaining possession: Player making run, Player passing, Player receiving, Cross.) and -1 for every 5 balls given away by the player (Total lost balls - sum of wrong passes (except wrong clearances) and losing possession tackles suffered)

What is the point?

Had Marquez in my team, but he only got 6 due to having -2 for the attacking bonus. Attacking and defending bonuses are so rubbish.

Defending bonuses is 1 point for recovering a ball (The sum of gaining possession tackles and clearances completed) and -1 for every 3 fouls committed.

Attacking bonus is 1 point for every 2 balls delivered into the penalty area (Ball entry into attacking penalty area whilst maintaining possession: Player making run, Player passing, Player receiving, Cross.) and -1 for every 5 balls given away by the player (Total lost balls - sum of wrong passes (except wrong clearances) and losing possession tackles suffered)

What is the point?

Yeah I don't really agree with the attacking and defending bonuses. To an extent a player that makes the most passes is more likely to miss place more than his team mates because he has attempted do many - kind of discourages someone who makes a lot of passes - may aswell have someone who does not make many passes!

On first looks, I think the defensive players may well earn more points than attacking players overall.

Let's hope so, as I've loaded my team in favour of defence.

Today's a big day for me, though, with 7 players playing. Dempsey for a quadruple hat-trick please. :cool:

This may have been covered before, but if in my starting XI pre-first game I just put my best line-up in, then I decide to take out Di NAtale and put Chu-Young in, as he plays today, would I be able to sub Di Natale back in as he hasn't played yet, which afaik is the only reason I can/cannot sub a player back in.

I spent ages deliberating which Argentina striker to go with and in the end it's a bloody defender who scores.

Had Gerrard though. Finally some decent points...

Anyone on here have Green in their team? I'd love to see what kind of defensive minus he earns for that muff-up... :D

Should have 12 points for Jokic today (well once they correct it, they currently have someone else for the assist, muppets!), was just a cheap pick, wouldn't have even subbed him in if Ashley hadn't had a bad game yesterday :D

Guest roberto922

I'm really not in to this fantasy league tbh, just think they've overdone it with the 23 man thing, I want to just be able to pick 15 men, and then do the odd transfer and a sub or two, now I have to do subs every 24 hours? Overcomplicating a winning formula ftl

I'm really not in to this fantasy league tbh, just think they've overdone it with the 23 man thing, I want to just be able to pick 15 men, and then do the odd transfer and a sub or two, now I have to do subs every 24 hours? Overcomplicating a winning formula ftl

I`m really enjoying it tbh. I havent done particuarly well so far but I can see potential. You dont have to do subs at all, nothing stopping you getting 11 well known players and 11 1 million players and not making any subs. Personally I prefer the hands on approach of the squad management. Hoping Serbia get the clean sheet here.

Guest roberto922

Yeah but if I want to do well I know just getting 11 men in and leaving it won't get me up the table, if I'm playing FF I'm playing to win :/

Archived