THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drogba just cost me 10 points :mad: :mad:

By scoring? Same 'ere. Was going to swap Julio Cesar with Stojkovic but remembered they were playing Germany. So may risk Eduardo of Portugal since they're playing PRK.

Guest roberto922
By scoring? Same 'ere. Was going to swap Julio Cesar with Stojkovic but remembered they were playing Germany. So may risk Eduardo of Portugal since they're playing PRK.

Yup, had Cesar and Bastos :(

That goal cost me clean sheet points too for Maicon, and he's actually the lowest scoring of the defenders in my XI. Fabiano got two goals though so 20 points between the two of them.

For tomorrow, main decision is whether or not to keep 6 point RvP. Ninis (2 pts) and Dempsey (3 pts) likely to dropped atm. Xavi, Barnetta, Il Kim and Villa the players I can bring in.

Erm, I think you should have allowed Stojkovic to play as it is possible substitute any player between matchdays. If you substitute player after his game, you lose his points. Simple as that.

Quite tempted to put C. JONG HYOK of North Korea in instead of Mertsecker (3) tomorrow. He got 6 last time. Also might take a chance of on VALLADARES of Hoduras to get more than Tim Howard (3). He could get quite a lot of save points against Spain. Any thoughts?

So, Im now 36 points behind my friends league leader. I am in second place. Bloody Higuain costing me the lead. Thinking of taking a masisive gamble today with my subs.

VALLADARES IN HOWARD (3) OUT

C. JONG HYOK IN MERTESAKER (3) OUT

PIQUÉ IN DI MARIA (4) OUT

VILLA IN ROONEY (4) OUT

Also thinking of taking the captaincy off SNEIJDER (20 so down to 10 ) and putting it on VILLA or PIQUE. Probably VILLA

Am I mad?

Errrrrm why?

Dunno - Its in the rules;

" At the start of each day (00:00 South African time) during the round, a substitution window opens. In this window you can:

* Replace any player that wasn't sent off with one from your bench who is yet to play.

* Change your captain, providing he wasn’t sent off, with someone whose team is yet to play.

"

Got my first big substitution decision today. I can remove Van Persie (6 points) and bring in either Sanchez or Ronaldo. Ronaldo would seem the obvious pick, as he's up against North Korea and will probably dive to get a couple of the poor sods sent off or scared to tackle him (and then score a goal), and Switzerland kept out Spain so chances are they'd do the same to Chile. Plus the game only gave Sanchez 4 points last week even though he destroyed Honduras, and they'll find some way to give Ronaldo points for lots of things he didn't do because this game's like that.

But, than, Ronaldo is a **** and Sanchez is awesome, and I'd rather watch today's games cheering for Sanchez than Ronaldo.

Meh.

I think so, I think you get a bit more money, have to check the rules, it may be wise to keep 2 or 3 of those 1m players in your team even though they're eliminated so don't completely wipe them, having a few of those in with a 23 man squad means your money will obviously go further

Got 99, happy enough with that. After being far too risky in the first round I was a lot more conservative this time, and it paid off.

Going with Messi as my captain for tomorrow, if he doesn't get 10 or more I think I'll switch it to either Muller or Ozil though.

Archived