THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

• SI Staff

56 points today, not a bad start. Had Forlan, Donovan and Chung Young who all scored. May end up sticking with M.Pereira who got 5pts in defence but the rest will probably end up being subbed out. So probably only going to take 42 points from day 1.

Upson, Milner, Ozil and Rooney in tomorrow and then my 4 Netherlands players will probably go in on Monday. Tuesday will be interesting. I've got Villar, Paraguay's keeper on the bench who I'll probably stick in for Muslera who only got 4 points today. Big decision may be David Villa as I've got Forlan on 18 as captain, Donovon on 10, so if Rooney or V.Persie do well may have to leave Villa out :/

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 points today, not a bad start. Had Forlan, Donovan and Chung Young who all scored. May end up sticking with M.Pereira who got 5pts in defence but the rest will probably end up being subbed out. So probably only going to take 42 points from day 1.

Upson, Milner, Ozil and Rooney in tomorrow and then my 4 Netherlands players will probably go in on Monday. Tuesday will be interesting. I've got Villar, Paraguay's keeper on the bench who I'll probably stick in for Muslera who only got 4 points today. Big decision may be David Villa as I've got Forlan on 18 as captain, Donovon on 10, so if Rooney or V.Persie do well may have to leave Villa out :/

I've bigger problems. I've Forlan (captain) on 18, Suarez on 14 and van Persie to play tomorrow. Robinho and David Villa on the bench :(

What do i do. Messi got me 16pts as captain. Do i leave him, or do i put either Kaka, Xavi, Elano, Sneijder or Villa as captain instead and risk it?

I swapped the captaincy from Messi to Sneijder today. I think it'll be worth it

A midfielder can easily overtake a striker with a clean sheet and an assist. That would give him 7 pts, if he plays 60 mins, another 3 pts. If he is the captain, he would easily get 20 pts.

A midfielder can easily overtake a striker with a clean sheet and an assist. That would give him 7 pts, if he plays 60 mins, another 3 pts. If he is the captain, he would easily get 20 pts.

A midfielder only gets 1 point for a clean sheet, you sure you haven't miscalculated?

A midfielder only gets 1 point for a clean sheet, you sure you haven't miscalculated?

My bad. :o

Changed my captain from Messi to Sneijder, no regrets. 26 pts, 10 more than Messi last night.

Kaka, Maicon and Bastos coming up. :D

I've got 98. Xavi, Villa, Coentrao, Honda, Abe all have games tomorrow, and my lowest scorers are Demichelis (4), Arevalo Rios (4), van der Wiel (5) and van Persie (5), who do I substitute and for whom, decisions decisions!

Do I bring in Villa! Higuan © got 20, Robinho 9 and Hernandez 8........

Same issue here, Messi (16, captain) Donovoan (10) and Suarez (14), the obvious choice would be to sub out Messi and bring Villa in as captain.

Are we allowed to have more than two players for each country now? If so, then I've really messed this up, haven't I?

Guest roberto922

Thank god Villa scored, had him as my captain, he's got 26 overall now making up for my faux pas in not making Sneijder captain. Xavi got 7 too :) I finish with 102

Couldn't be arsed to sod around so I've made my transfers now.

Starting XI of 6 Brazilians and 4 Uruguayans with 3 Argies, 3 Paras and 2 Spaniards to replace any casualties.

A little light with my Ghana suspensions but I should be just fine. Fingers crossed that Germany and Holland falter.

I only get 4 free transfers? :( Got 11 players to replace ffs, that's 21 points down the drain

Do you really need a full squad though? I dont think so. Ive made 5 changes so lost 3 points. I am lining up;

Muslera

Maicon

M. Pereira

Van Der Weil

Xavi

Kaka

Prince

Sneijder

Forlan

Fabiano

Cavani

Subs for the second day

Casillas

Ramos

Alcaraz

Ozil

Messi

Villa

All my other subs are no longer valid but do I really need any more?

Archived