THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one week in particular where IIRC Torres didn't play and Lampard came in for people and he hit about 20 or something. So freaking annoying but that's the way it's heading.

What will they introduce this season, someone coming round your house and changing your team for you when you can't be arsed to get out of bed? ;)

Guest roberto922

It's not always a dead cert though, I remember one day when Bowyer got 2/3 points and he came in on form for everyone with him in their team

I am sure Premier League did 'head to head' and wildcards before UEFA/FIFA games did it.

I doubt it. To be honest I haven't really felt much difference with these attacking/defensive bonus. I guess it makes defensive midfielders more important but then they'd have to raise values. Some seasons back bonus for clean sheets for midfielders in the Prem game was 2 so a clean sheet meant a 4 if they played 60 mins.

I think this meant having a cheap top 6 defensive midfielder made them decent points scorers so they changed it to 3 it is now (booking and it's freaking 2, ffs!). They seem to move away from defensive players being so important other than bench players.

I expected FIFA scores to be bigger tbh, defenders with clean sheets are getting 8 or 9 but I was expecting higher than that tbh so it's not really been noticeable. I haven't really checked player by player what they're getting for each thing though but I would if it was the Prem.

They seem to want to make the Prem easier and easier though and most of the changes seem to be towards keeping people interested later in the game. This isn't such a problem for a Euros or World Cup as it happens in a short space of time unlike the months and months of a Prem league season and keeping people coming back to the site and not losing interest the whole season.

Btw, I didn't benefit from the emergency captain once this season ... damn new ideas :mad:

Ah, thats unlucky mate - I did well that week Lampard hit 4 or something. I`m actually a fan of the attacking/defending bonuses. As you say it would bring the DM`s into play a bit more. The game should launch in a couple of weeks by the way. I will start a new thread but it will be the same code as last year. As soon as you reregister/activate you will be automatically put into the OTF league.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Villa

Brum

Spurs

They all seem to have decent early fixtures.

Going for Robben as captain tomorrow night. Most will go with Sneijder I would have thought

Guest roberto922

Sneijder and Kuyt bring in 29 points between them. The rest (all Uruguayans apart from Heit) are on 4 or less, except for Perez who is on 5.

Captain Sneijder, with Van Persie and van Bronckhorst. Oh, and Forlan and M.Pereira :p

I got Pereira too. Didn't realise at the time which one of them had scored :)

EDIT: Looks like everyone had pretty much the same team :D

Ah, thats unlucky mate - I did well that week Lampard hit 4 or something. I`m actually a fan of the attacking/defending bonuses. As you say it would bring the DM`s into play a bit more. The game should launch in a couple of weeks by the way. I will start a new thread but it will be the same code as last year. As soon as you reregister/activate you will be automatically put into the OTF league.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Villa

Brum

Spurs

They all seem to have decent early fixtures.

Going for Robben as captain tomorrow night. Most will go with Sneijder I would have thought

So pleased I went with Robben. 26 in the end for him. Tough choices tomorrow. Perriera and Van Bronkhorst both score 8 so will stay in. That means Ramos will stay on my bench and Lahm will play as I have Casillas in goal. I will need to leave either Ozil or Pigfarmer on the bench as will play Ineista and Xavi. Up front Forlan and Robben will stay so I have to choose between Klosse or Villa. Im thinking I will go with Klosse. Any thoughts? I am on 71 at the moment

Looks like Ive made my decisions for tonight. On 71 points at the moment but looks like I will go with this;

Museral (4) OUT Casilias IN

Hettinga (2) OUT Lahm IN

Forlan (8) OUT Villa IN

Cavaini (4) OUT Klosse IN

I will play Pigfarmer over Ozil as the Schwein like one has outscored Ozil on attacking bounus in the last few games. I am also leaving Ramos on the bench.

Robben stays as captain

Had Sneijder as captain yesterday :cool:

Neuer, Lahm, Ramos, Schweinsteiger, Friedrich and Xavi playing today. Podolski and Villa on the bench, because I had van Persie, Forlan and Robben :D

Yeah I`m going to take a chance on Klosse or Villa getting more than Forlans 8. Its a gamble

Looks like Ive made my decisions for tonight. On 71 points at the moment but looks like I will go with this;

Museral (4) OUT Casilias IN

Hettinga (2) OUT Lahm IN

Forlan (8) OUT Villa IN

Cavaini (4) OUT Klosse IN

I will play Pigfarmer over Ozil as the Schwein like one has outscored Ozil on attacking bounus in the last few games. I am also leaving Ramos on the bench.

Robben stays as captain

Have done this. Going to be an interesting evening. My closest rival has the opposite of what some players I have. He has Podolski I have Klosse, He has Neuer I have Casillas, He has Ramos I have Lahm, He has Ozil I`m playing Pigfarmer. Tonight is a crucial night.

Hmmm this is interesting. Never thought about 3rd and 4th place games. Have to rethink about not taking out my German players.

They do count the 3rd and 4th place right?

Yes they do. I feel that gamecould provide the most points haul too. Need to be near a computer 7pm on Saturday so I can check the lineups

Suarez, Mueller, Alonso and Schweinsteiger in using free transfers. Have Neuer and Muslera to choose from in goal but wasn't going to use a transfer to take one out as Stekelenburg and Casillas are both more expensive. 9 playing today, tough choice for captain but have Forlan atm.

I'm using Muller as captain, really tough decision between him and Schweinsteiger but I went for Muller thinking not many other would captain him, and I need an edge if I'm to catch anyone up.

I'm really backing Germany for the win today, 7 players in with 4 from Uruguay.

Guest roberto922

Dilemma.

Cavani and Muller © in attack, 9 and 18 respectively. I have Kuyt, Villa and Robben on the bench. Can you have 4 strikers? Could go 3-3-4 if so

Same for me, Forlan © 18, Mueller 9, Suarez 8. Kuyt and Villa on the bench that can come in tomorrow. Then in midfield today I had Oezil (4), Pereira (0) and Schweinsteiger (5) with Iniesta, Sneijder and Alonso on the bench. Tough decisions. Think I will bring in Iniesta and Sneijder for Oezil and Pereira and maybe Villa for Suarez.

Haha yeah I'm the same as you all, had Muller and Cavani with Villa and Robben to come in. Think I'll leave Robben out.

So far 47 points from 5 players:

Muller © - 18

Cavani - 9

Jansen - 9

Arrevalo Rios - 6

Boateng - 5

6 to come in:

Casillas, Ramos, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Sneijder. Predicting a Spain win as you can see by leaving van Bronckhorst and Robben on the bench.

Haha yeah I'm the same as you all, had Muller and Cavani with Villa and Robben to come in. Think I'll leave Robben out.

So far 47 points from 5 players:

Muller © - 18

Cavani - 9

Jansen - 9

Arrevalo Rios - 6

Boateng - 5

6 to come in:

Casillas, Ramos, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Sneijder. Predicting a Spain win as you can see by leaving van Bronckhorst and Robben on the bench.

Archived