Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say that because of all my crashes before, i'm monitoring the memory usage now.

Loaded all leagues, where most of them are on view-only. 75k players.

On 10.2 i would start up with around 1.3 - 1.7 GB of memory usage on FM.exe

Now it started up on 600MB, with the 10.3 patch.

In the middle of a match now and it's on 1.03GB of usage.

I'm very impressed with the improvement there.

Thank you so much for that. As that was my biggest concern.

The responsiveness as well is a huge improvement here as well, when it comes to clicking at stuff. No waiting time at all here now.....apart a tiny bit from matchdays. But that's expected.

Are the other two teams highlighted in blue teams you have any affiliation with?

Yes Bardi, they both are! Is that the reason?

And if so? Is there a bug? A new display "sistem"?

And, personally i dont like it! is it possible to put it in the "old sistem"... with only the team i manage highlighted in blue?

PS: thanks for the quick feedback

Yes Bardi, they both are! Is that the reason?

And if so? Is there a bug? A new display "sistem"?

And, personally i dont like it! is it possible to put it in the "old sistem"... with only the team i manage highlighted in blue?

PS: thanks for the quick feedback

I don't think this is a bug. As far as I'm aware, no code related to this was changed in patch 3 - I'll probably need to double check. Feeder clubs (and not just affiliates who you have arrangement to play a friendly against every year) would be highlighted throughout the game.

• SI Staff
I have downloaded the official 10.3 patch the pc one and the digital one but when i hav tried to open them it says file type not recognised anyone else had same problem???

You may need to add ".exe" to the end of the file name, however make sure you patch the correct version, if you install a digital patch on a boxed game it causes problems and vice-verca

anyone can confirm if the AI (especially the top clubs) stop doing weird transfers? (too old, too decent, etc?)

Numerous improvements and adjustments have been made in this area. It still won't be 100% perfect, but we can't always account for sides spending £24 million on the likes of Lescott :)

"XML parsing error!! not well(invalid token at line 1 default," please i need one solution.

Please try manually un-installing the game completely before re-installing it.

How to carry out a Manual Uninstall

To Remove the Game files follow these steps:

Windows XP

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

Windows Vista/Windows 7

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Computer”

3: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

If you have more than one version of the game installed (For example, you have FM2008 and FM2009 installed) and only wish to remove one then go into the Sports Interactive Folder and delete the folder of the game you wish to remove.

Next you need to remove save games and other content:

Windows XP:

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Documents and Settings\<Name>\My Documents”

Vista and 7:

1: Click on “Start”

2: Click on “Computer”

3: Navagate to “C:\Users\<Name>\Documents”

Look for the Sports Interactive Folder and follow the same steps for the game files.

Next remove your Cache files (Details can be found below)

Finally you will need to edit your registry to remove information Sports Interactive stores there.

Windows XP

2: Click on “Run”

3: In the text prompt box type “regedit”

4: Navigate to:

Windows Vista and 7

2: In the Search box type “regedit”

3: Navigate to: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

4: Delete the “Sports Interactive Ltd” Folder.

Note: Please do not tamper with anything else in this folder, your registry is very sensitive and changing something could cause your computer to malfunction.

Once all the steps above are complete your game will be completely uninstalled.

When you are running the installer, choose the offline installation method option (and not STEAM) which requires you to have the disc in tray when running the game.

Tried it installed again without using steam same problem

If you're talking about there being a delay when you press [Continue], I should note that the game does actually start processing immediately after your mouse click. There appears to be an unresponsive state simply because it takes a few seconds for the progress panel to appear.

Was talking about clicking on anything else. Haven't even got round to pressing continue yet :D

The responsiveness of mouse clicks seems to be worse with the new patch, takes a 2-3 seconds every time.

The processing start's as soon as you click continue, it just takes a few seconds for the panel to show sometimes.

Slightly disappointed to see that 10.3 does not include all transfers. As a Celtic fan i have noticed Mark Brown is still in the Celtic squad when he should be at Hibs now. Anyone noticed any others?

yeah landon donavan is not at everton

Only problem I've found, is on the team selection/tactics screen.

I tried changing to an imported tactic, and the list of players went blank, even though the filter hadn't changed. It was fixed just by clicking back, then going back to the "Submit Team" page.

Ahh ok, always makes you feel a little better when you're not the only one doesn't it.

I running:

AMD Phenom 8450 2.10GHz

4.GB RAM

btw

A lot better than mine then.

It's been over an hour since I posted my dxdiag file, but I dunno how long these things take to look into.

I don't think this is a bug. As far as I'm aware, no code related to this was changed in patch 3 - I'll probably need to double check. Feeder clubs (and not just affiliates who you have arrangement to play a friendly against every year) would be highlighted throughout the game.

Well, i confirm that. Just cancel one of the filliate... and in the league table the team turn white.

Pearhaps i never manage a club with filliates in the same division!

Weird thing happened after I updated to 10.3 - not sure if it's the right place to post this, but here it goes.

After updating, I loaded my savegame (which was originally started in 10.1, although I had already been playing in 10.2 for a while) and now I noticed that for some strange reason, my forthcoming transfers are gone. It's October, and I had already signed three players who would come in on the next transfer window (January). Now those transfers are gone and, what's worse, their cost was deducted from my transfer budget. I didn't actually lose any money, but my transfer budget is now smaller, because it had already been reduced by the amount I was going to spend in those transfers.

i loaded my 10.2 game and all the Monthly Installments i was getting from other clubs is gone

for example, i was getting €300K a month from Porto for selling a player but now it's not in my clauses screen. Same with the other 2 monthly installments i was getting

edit: same with what the guy said above me, it seems like all the future transfers/monthly installments are getting messed up. My transfer history is also blank

Numerous improvements and adjustments have been made in this area. It still won't be 100% perfect, but we can't always account for sides spending £24 million on the likes of Lescott :)

I as a regular Blackburn boss found it too easy to shift the likes of Steven Reid (lyon 3mil) Emerton (arsenal 7mil) etc etc.

Yep, transfer history is also gone here (for all the previous seasons and the current one too), and I've just checked it and all the transfer monthly installments are also nowhere to be seen.

I as a regular Blackburn boss found it too easy to shift the likes of Steven Reid (lyon 3mil) Emerton (arsenal 7mil) etc etc.

I agree that isn't entirely realistic with regards to the clubs interested in those players. It's an incredibly hard area of the game to get right. It was acknowledged that on 10.2 is was too easy to offer players out, and we do believe it is a bit tougher now to do so.

Only problem I've found, is on the team selection/tactics screen.

I tried changing to an imported tactic, and the list of players went blank, even though the filter hadn't changed. It was fixed just by clicking back, then going back to the "Submit Team" page.

Please post this in our User Interface bugs forum and we'll have a look at it.

Are you getting the same error message?
Please try manually un-installing the game completely before re-installing it.

hey i uniinistall the game of the panel of control and now what deleting the folders editor and fotball manager of the C:\Documents and Settings\....\Datos de programa\Sports Interactive or no deleting this folders.

is necesary delete the archive of the regedit or no.

please respond.

Geez, lots of people having issues with the game but I have to say, I love it.

Not technical issues (I've never had any either, on any version of the game) and the whole feel is better.

Matches appear better and I'm happy now I've got my Barcelona team playing the way I want (I should be more patient).

Also, Messi is unbelievable - scoring, dribbling - awesome.

Nice one SI.

• SI Staff
hey i uniinistall the game of the panel of control and now what deleting the folders editor and fotball manager of the C:\Documents and Settings\....\Datos de programa\Sports Interactive or no deleting this folders.

please respond.

Have you had any luck in fixing the xml parsing error? Did you delete all your cache from all the sports interactive folder? If this hasn't worked try uninstalling removing your cache again, restarting your computer, re-installing and see if that helps.

please respond.

It shouldn't really make a difference if you do/don't, but it's probably best to wipe off all trace of FM 10 before re-installing.

sorry guys but got to say it thought the last patch was frustrating butt this one takes it to a new level. fair enough i haven't had time to mess around loads with tactics ec, but scoring is nigh on impossible for me yet easy peasy for the computer.

however if i let my ass man take control of the game i win, no problems and by 3-4 goals using the same tactics and same players.

however i may be a little early on the comment but so far very very frustrating.

juve1b.jpg

Archived