Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please

Could I get some help pls

Please try the following:

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache

This should hopefully solve the issue.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well steam updated itself with the new 10.3 patch. Then when I lauched it XML error. Well I did what I usually do and deleted the settings folder. When i usually do this the game works fine. However this time when I deleted the settings folder the game launches fine until it reaches the start screen. The start screen is black and the options like Start new game and load game are in white writing. And when I load up a game it is the same. Can some help me please. i've been trying for 2 hours!

Did you do so by right clicking on the FM icon and then selecting properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache?

Please try the following:

This should hopefully solve the issue.

cant find local files. Clicked on properties but have checked everywhere no local files. Put the fm icon on my screen saver via steam

hello i need help,please i update the patch 10.3 and few minutes complete the instalation,srarting the editor but the editor produced one error "XML parsing error!! not well(invalid token at line 1 default."

what the hell?please i need one solution,tanks.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Don't know if it's already been mentioned here but upon starting the game having just downloaded the new patch, I get a message on the loading screen saying that Football Manager 2010 is running dangerously low on memory. Immediately after, it runs out of memory and quits.

Please could you help me? I've been anticipating the patch for a while and don't usually complain here, but I really need some help.

Put this in the data forum:

As for the new patch, the Palace data needs some urgent work:

Simon Jordan still down as chairman (looking to sell)

We're not down as being in administration

Ertl still down as DRC/WBR when he has played as a DM all season

Cadogan is a AMR/ST and is down as a MR

Dijlali is a little under-rated

I just started a new game, and am pretty unhappy with the basic errors, especially the first three.

Will SI fix these? Or will Palace fans not be able to play a realistic game?

Palace were not in Administration at the start of the season.

However, we did actually try a fix for both Palace and Portsmouth's situation but it caused a lot of knock on's that would've caused a lot of other problems.

We felt it best to keep the clubs status as not being in admin although you should have seen a change to the finances.

hello i need help,please i update the patch 10.3 and few minutes complete the instalation,srarting the editor but the editor produced one error "XML parsing error!! not well(invalid token at line 1 default."

what the hell?please i need one solution,tanks.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Try seeing if deleting your cache helps.

To do this follow either of these paths depending on your Operating System.

Windows XP:

C:\Users\<User Name\App Data\

Vista and 7:

C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming

Once you can see inside those folders delete the Sports Interactive Folder.

If you can’t see those folders you will have to make “Hidden” files viewable.

For Vista and 7:

In a window, go to 'Organize'->'Folder and Search Options'->'View'-> and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

For XP:

Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to 'Tools'->'Folder Options'->'View'-> and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

Did you do so by right clicking on the FM icon and then selecting properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache?

Yeah I've done that but nothing changed. I'm re-installing it now to see if it will change anything.

Palace were not in Administration at the start of the season.

But how does that square with transfers during January being in the game?

I will be happy if someone from SI can tell me how to put Palace in admin using the editor. I will slip away quietly.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but what's up with this?

It has, a number of times.

1. Why have Chelsea paid a grand total of £10.25million for him?

Because that is what they thought he was worth.

2. Why is he not on loan at Everton?

Because we do not include very short term emergency loans and have not ever covered them.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but what's up with this?

LandonDonovan.png?t=1267474216

1. Why have Chelsea paid a grand total of £10.25million for him?

2. Why is he not on loan at Everton?

its the short loan thing mate

do it yourself in the editor;) at least you can do that...................the memmory leak issue that is another story!!!!!!

just loaded a new game and it crashes as soon as i click on the team name.

i get this message

the application football manager 2010 v 10.3.0 f 104804 quit unexpectedly after it was reopened

running on a mac and i made changes to the database but nothing i haven't done before without incident

• SI Staff

i get this message

the application football manager 2010 v 10.3.0 f 104804 quit unexpectedly after it was reopened

running on a mac and i made changes to the database but nothing i haven't done before without incident

Can you try deleting the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations and trying again please:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

Thanks

i get this message

Odd does this happen if you don't make changes on the database?

Anyone? Post 410. :)

Not entirely sure at the moment.

Looking into it but something that might help is if you post us your dxdiag.

You can get this by:

Clicking start

Clicking Run (xp) or in the search box (vista/windows 7)

Type "dxdiag" in the text box

Once the program has finished scanning click "save all information"

Copy and paste the text in the file.

It's probably worth doing this in the bugs forum as we're getting a lot of posts in there about other things.

Sorry you're having problems.

Sorry if this is in wrong place but dont want to start a pointless thread just need help with the following :

I dont have a great computer (but it does alright) but wanted to start a game on the new patch with Prem to League 2 and load all players from Brazil but i get this about exceeding players if i continue will my game be really slow? thanks

exceeds.jpg

Any feedback on how efficient the 4-4-2 is in 10.3?

Before 10.3 I found 4-4-2 very inconsistent, since 10.3 I seem to be controlling matches better and stringing wins/draws together..

Not entirely sure at the moment.

Looking into it but something that might help is if you post us your dxdiag.

You can get this by:

Clicking start

Clicking Run (xp) or in the search box (vista/windows 7)

Type "dxdiag" in the text box

Once the program has finished scanning click "save all information"

Copy and paste the text in the file.

It's probably worth doing this in the bugs forum as we're getting a lot of posts in there about other things.

Sorry you're having problems.

Thanks - Will post that in there now.

Can you try deleting the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations and trying again please:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

Thanks

Odd does this happen if you don't make changes on the database?

seems ok so far will let you know if it happens again

Maybe you have editor data activated try looking in your documents/sports interactive/editor data, delete any you find in there - OR just untick editor data when you start a new game.

There is nothing in my editor data folder and there is nothing to tick when I start a new game

does it let you start a game lfc?

if it does go for it! you dont always have to stick to the rules.

i used to play with about 20 leagues when recommended 4 or something daft, and never had any problems, its a guideline, but every machine is different!

Archived