Patch 10.3 Most Improved players?

Tav

Yes yes, every single player in the ELP is under-rated and every player in the EPL is the best player in the world for their position.

That is however, until a random player from a league outside of EPL (who was completely unknown to even teams in his own league) is suddenly transformed from an average footballer into a world class player meerly because he signed a contract with one of the EPL sides.

Quite a number of players like this come to mind. (Diamanti, Aquilani, Drogba - yes Drogba, and other overrated old strikers (Carew etc etc))

There are actual World Class players outside of the EPL and I am sure they would eat up the vast majority of players in the EPL, including the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard and Gerrard who wouldn't even get a game outside of their own countries. :rolleyes: People always wonder why England fail at an international level, scratching their heads at the players on paper, not performing on the huge stage - hell not even qualifying for the major tournament half the time. Then you look at the World Cup winners, runners up and top performers and its surprise surprise, a team where 98% of them play in Serie A, Spain or Germany.

Thats because you can't win a World Cup with reputation, hype and marketing and oil money...

If FM actually realistically showed every single player in the World for what their really are, half of the players in Italy and Germany would be buffed and there would be a tonne of EPL fans crying that their Lampards, Gerrards and Drogbas have technique no more than 12.

My apologies if this offended anyone. :p:D

Yeah that is definitely partly true mate, but on the other hand the oil money has meant the best wages so a lot of great players from many countries are playing in England. Also most of the posters on here are English so they are going to suggest players they are familiar with, so EPL. It is also certainly the case that some people think that the best EPL player in one position must be the undisputed best player in the world for that position when they don't even watch other leagues to make a comparison, which is ridiculous. And then scouts who do know sign that player for an English team and, shock! Now HE is the best. But I remember that also happening in about 1998 when the Premiership wasnt even as strong as it is now.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to the OP , i think they should reduce Crouch`s CA , how on earth is he getting 30 goals a season in my game ..

Yeah really. I have only played the demo so far but this guy is looking almost world class. I know this is a player improvment thread but there should be a player devolvment thread! Crouch is one truly overrated player among many on the game. Wonder if this will remain the case on 10.3

to the OP , i think they should reduce Crouch`s CA , how on earth is he getting 30 goals a season in my game ..
These are all off the top of my head

improve - Vermaelen, diaby, fabregas(in dribbiling/longshots), bent, song, rooney(heading - 7 headers in the last 8 games or so, hes picked up pointers from owen so might be improvements to positioning too), some of the spurs squad i guess as much as i hate saying so :rolleyes:

if you don't mind, would you say what spurs players specifically and what stats?

if you don't mind, would you say what spurs players specifically and what stats?

Lennon, he has improved this year and they really miss him now hes injured, his crossing/decision making is much better last few seasons he really struggled to find anyone with a cross or mistimed them alot, perhaps defoe(finishing/positioning but a decrease in penalty taking)

So???

10 characters

Must you always be such a smug and cocky little beggar? It's still trolling, even if you do think it's being smart.

On Topic:

Surely Lukaku's ability is reflected in his current PA? I'm not sure that a decent first season, in belgium of all places, is exactly justification to ramp him up to -10.

Ok, so he's a striker, and thereby gets a lot more attention than the likes of midfielders or defenders, but he's on par to be as good as Witsel, Fellaini, or Defour, but he's not Enzo Bloody Scifo just yet!!

Must you always be such a smug and cocky little beggar? It's still trolling, even if you do think it's being smart.

On Topic:

Surely Lukaku's ability is reflected in his current PA? I'm not sure that a decent first season, in belgium of all places, is exactly justification to ramp him up to -10.

Ok, so he's a striker, and thereby gets a lot more attention than the likes of midfielders or defenders, but he's on par to be as good as Witsel, Fellaini, or Defour, but he's not Enzo Bloody Scifo just yet!!

Whenever he or anyone else posts something like that, I'll always answer the same.

What about Milos Krasic ? The guy playing like crazy past 2 season including this one ( monitoring by best teams from Europe:Man Utd, Real M, Liveroool, Milan ... ) and hes stats are so poor ... Obviously this boy need a boost ...

I know it's obvious, and i'm a united fan, but i really think Rooney needs to be increased.

He has been nothing short of world class this season - carrying the team for most of this season.

Bobby Zamora, Ashley Cole and Landon Donavan are the only ones i can think off of the top of my head.

edit - to the people saying Milos Krasic, i have seen him play IRL a few times and the guy is a great player, but i think he's just about right in-game. His stats may not look good, but his pace and acceleration are deadly and i have had huge succes with him in the AMR position.

I don't know what is going on with Polish players, a whole ton of them should have CA in the 120-130's IMO, but it is just all over the place...

PIG iirc means "Pole in Goal" which is usually reffered to as Fabianski or Kuszczak. Speaking of Fabianski, his mental stats should go down a bit, his goalkeeping stats go higher a bit, and a much higher PA. His PA should be in the 150's, and Mannone should also have a PA around 150.

And Kuszczak needs higher determination + other mental stats

I know it's obvious, and i'm a united fan, but i really think Rooney needs to be increased.

He has been nothing short of world class this season - carrying the team for most of this season.

Finishing, Heading, Anticipation, Composure, I'd say. a couple points' boost in each of those should sort him out.

I'm sure 10.3 is already locked, but he's been quite possibly the Ballon d'Or frontrunner this season, so hopefully a small stat boost will reflect this development.

Why does everyone seem to think a player improving means their PA should rise? A player getting better indicates an increase in their CA, not their PA. Unless the player is currently alot better than the maximum the game would allow them to become then there is zero reason to increase PA.

eh no if a player improves then his CA rises in the game, PA doesnt change in the game unless u use the editor!so there fore its like flair ur born with PA and its up to you if ur going to fullfill that PA, theres no such thing as an increse in PA.

eh no if a player improves then his CA rises in the game, PA doesnt change in the game unless u use the editor!so there fore its like flair ur born with PA and its up to you if ur going to fullfill that PA, theres no such thing as an increse in PA.

he's talking about pa changing in the patch...

ie.. " rooney should have a higher PA as he's been orsm!"

Finishing, Heading, Anticipation, Composure, I'd say. a couple points' boost in each of those should sort him out.

I'm sure 10.3 is already locked, but he's been quite possibly the Ballon d'Or frontrunner this season, so hopefully a small stat boost will reflect this development.

yeah... he's improved... and maybe deserves a boost to heading and possibly finishing... but only small changes...

its not that he's radically improved his skill set... its that he's got the freedom to play like that now.... he's leading the line rather then playing second forward...

yeah... he's improved... and maybe deserves a boost to heading and possibly finishing... but only small changes...

its not that he's radically improved his skill set... its that he's got the freedom to play like that now.... he's leading the line rather then playing second forward...

I'd say surley he deserves boost in Finishing, Heading, Anticipation, Composure and Off The Ball.

I think that from last of his 8 goals 7 were headings IIRC.

Archived