Do You Want To Feel Like Pep?

Justified - just wanted to say congrats on this fine tactic you have built. I have been trying to get a flat 4-3-3 system to work for me this saved game, and couldn't quite get it working as well as I hoped. Decided to take a look at this tactic, and now I am currently using a tweaked final version and its going well with my Crewe side. Only changes I made were:

Converted it to classic tactic (I am old school :D )

Moved the two wingers to either side of the striker so it become a flat 3 man attack.

Unticked the playmaker role as I don't want my play focused on one man.

So far so good, and the football we play is amazing. KUTGW :thup:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

have just given this a go with Arsenal half way through my second season (we were in a bit of a slump). I think I'm in love with this formation:thup:. only 4 games in but it is the shizzle. It just seems realistic, wing play actually works and it gets you chances all over the pitch:D. After 3 draws and a loss with my previous formation, I got the following results with this one:

Arsenal 5 - 0 Wigan (H)

Arsenal 4 - 0 Chesterfield (A) FA Cup 3rd round, played my reserves

Arsenal 2 - 2 West Ham (H) League Cup Semi-Final leg 1

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle (A)

Will report back with an update soon!:cool:

Creates LOADS of CCC and seems pretty solid defensively, shame my strikers/midfield wont put the chances away, even though I've got van Persie Arshavin and Gignac. Is this a bug? :/

PLUS when playing a 2 legged game, and you're winning from the first leg say 3-2, do you start the 2nd leg game the same as you normally do or would you count it as if you're winning so start with counter?

• 2 weeks later...

works for my Ajax side, 16 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses in the league. The 2 losses are from before I took over however. Champions league I had a tough group, lost 3, drew 1, won 2. The group had my former Bolton side, which I had won the Europa League with last season. Also had Werder Bremen, who won the Champions League 2 seasons ago.

The tactic is great, I just lack some quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to it :D This tactic got me to the Premiership straight away with Notts County. 6th first season, 2nd second season, then I updated to 10.3 and changed tactic. However if there was a 10.3 tactic made I'd use it straight away!

ive just played a game on 10.3 won 3-1 had 50 50% possession. but i was playing Burnley

Don't worry, I'll be looking at possession stats during testing :)

Welcome back Justified ! Looking forward to your possible 10.3 tactic ;-)

Good to hear it !

Justified - will you be reviving your Mourinho tactic aswell?

Steve

Possibly. Depends how long it'll take to make this one.

Don't make us wait too long lol.

Early testing looks promising. tbh there doesn't seem to be too much tweaking needed :)

Looking forward to it :D This tactic got me to the Premiership straight away with Notts County. 6th first season, 2nd second season, then I updated to 10.3 and changed tactic. However if there was a 10.3 tactic made I'd use it straight away!

Good to hear the 10.2 tactic did well for you :)

mate i m using this tactic on 10.3 and it has make wonders for me... the only thing is that it has some games where we cannot score..

btw im udinese and 2nd on the 1st season 6 points from inter... i have a great squad, but my FC(Fred) doesnt score many goals...

This tactic worked wonders for me on 10.2 but it does seem to have dropped off a lot since I patched to 10.3 so I'm looking forward to an updated version after you have completed testing Justified.

A fantastic opening post too! :thup:

My teams played some fantastic football using this tactic and following your suggestions for shouts.

Ok guys I have a BETA I'd like you all to test. I have developed it over 15 games but for the next couple of days don't have time to test further until next week. Here's the rundown -

It's a 4-1-2-2-1 formation (as the demand seems higher then a flat three in midfield). The descriptions I give below are just roles, in testing I was using Tottenham.

Valdes - Sweeper Keeper (Defend) Less CF and Defender Collect Distribution.

Alves - Wing Back (Attack) Hugs The Touchline and normal CF.

Abidal - Full Back (Defend) Acts as third defender. If you want to make him more attacking keep him on Full Back but Attack duty and maybe up his CF slightly.

Pique - Ball Playing Defender (Defend) Has a little higher CF then his partner and man marking.

Puyol - Central Defender (Cover) Less CF and zonal marking and lower mentality.

Toure - Defensive Midfielder (Defend) Doesn't have HUB and low CF

Xavi - Deep Laying Playmaker (Support) Mixed FWRD Runs and normal CF.

Iniesta - Advanced Playmaker (Attack) FWRD Runs Often and normal CF.

Messi + Henry - Inside Forward (Attack) High CF and Move Into Channels.

Ibrahimovic - Complete Forward (Support) Same mentality as inside forwards but no FWRD Runs.

Passing is short within whole team, high defense line, low time wasting and counter attack on. As for shouts I've been using these -

Starting strategy is Standard. It only effects Tempo and Tackling within the tactic and I've found Standard is a good place to start. When you start the match select "Play Wider" and "Pass to Feet". If you're losing in the first half select "Retain Possesion" to slow the tempo down a bit.

If still losing or scores are tied after halftime select "Pass Into Space". If still losing around 60-70 mins up the strategy to "Control" and select "Get Stuck In". If still loosing in the last ten minutes up again to "Attack" and add "Get Ball Forward" and "Hassle Opponents".

If scores still tied going into the last ten it does help using "Get Ball Forward" to create last minutes chances.

Ahh bugger, just had my worst ever result on this game, second match into using this tactic :( Lost 6-1 away to Aston Villa, a team I really should be beating. My defenders got pulled out of position, especially the ball playing one. They just played played balls in behind my full backs and I didn't stand a chance.

Ahh bugger, just had my worst ever result on this game, second match into using this tactic :( Lost 6-1 away to Aston Villa, a team I really should be beating. My defenders got pulled out of position, especially the ball playing one. They just played played balls in behind my full backs and I didn't stand a chance.

Maybe your team can't handle a high defence line? I'll relook at the closing down again :thup:

In last games Pep used 424 formation,

Possibly but this is going to focus on the 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 formation.

new link version 3 pls this is broken http://www.mediafire.com/?ttig5czn5yh

Sorry don't have it anymore, maybe someone else does?

Wish this was a Classic tactic, rather than the wizard.

Steve

Well it's made with the wizard so people can have fun with shouts etc etc :)

I could after the final version. It's not that difficult :)

Thats great, I have been using the new beta with Real Madrid(lol), and have had some good results, but do prefere the classic tactics. I had alot of success with your older Mourinho tactic from 10.2, so I have faith in this one :)

Steve

Thats great, I have been using the new beta with Real Madrid(lol), and have had some good results, but do prefere the classic tactics. I had alot of success with your older Mourinho tactic from 10.2, so I have faith in this one :)

Steve

The problem being with Classic tactics is that there's more tweaking where you could actually just use shouts for minor tweaks. The TC is just a more simpler way of doing things as you just have to tweak the roles etc etc.

PS have some time to work on the tactic now as my other half is out on the town and my little boy is asleep. Here comes 2-3 hours of solid FM'ing hehe ;)

Justified: Thank you for this tactic - it's made wonders for me! I'm still using the 10.2 one, even though my game is patched to 10.3. It seems like it's the defence which needs to be changed, but I will absolutely change when you've release the final 10.3 version. I like the fact that you can use shouts, I think that's a good addition :)

Thanks again! Awesome job mate!

I have tried the beta for a while now, the attacking is fine. Defens is very bad :/

I found the same thing. So I went back to using the 10.2 one, with minor tweaks to defense (dropped the nike system and went flat in the back with one ball playing defender (stopper) and one central defender (cover) instead, with both on same mentality) and that seems to work wonders actually...

What size on the pitch is best?

I'm not sure about this one, but I always played with a big pitch when playing with superior players like Barca players. Gives them much room to move in and run in. Seems to work all right, but I might be off here so correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm working on the defence (slowly, I've managed about 4 game months in 5 days :D ) but it is looking better now. I'm almost ready to release a first version as I've been evolving the tactic as I go along with Tottenham as they have a similar players (albeit Lennon being played as an out and out winger). I did however buy Diarra from Madrid so I could play Huddlestone in midfield in the "Xavi Role" as a deep playmaker. After almost half a season I'm unbeaten at the top of the league without loosing a single game (even won 2-1 at OT) and in the semi's of the league cup.

Give me a couple more days and it'll be good :thup:

Ok guys I have a BETA I'd like you all to test. I have developed it over 15 games but for the next couple of days don't have time to test further until next week. Here's the rundown -

It's a 4-1-2-2-1 formation (as the demand seems higher then a flat three in midfield). The descriptions I give below are just roles, in testing I was using Tottenham.

Abidal - Full Back (Defend) Acts as third defender. If you want to make him more attacking keep him on Full Back but Attack duty and maybe up his CF slightly.

Pique - Ball Playing Defender (Defend) Has a little higher CF then his partner and man marking.

Ibrahimovic - Complete Forward (Support) Same mentality as inside forwards but no FWRD Runs.

Passing is short within whole team, high defense line, low time wasting and counter attack on. As for shouts I've been using these -

Starting strategy is Standard. It only effects Tempo and Tackling within the tactic and I've found Standard is a good place to start. When you start the match select "Play Wider" and "Pass to Feet". If you're losing in the first half select "Retain Possesion" to slow the tempo down a bit.

If still losing or scores are tied after halftime select "Pass Into Space". If still losing around 60-70 mins up the strategy to "Control" and select "Get Stuck In". If still loosing in the last ten minutes up again to "Attack" and add "Get Ball Forward" and "Hassle Opponents".

If scores still tied going into the last ten it does help using "Get Ball Forward" to create last minutes chances.

Is this the same as the 10.2 version?

If we don't want to use shouts, then we just keep it as control strategy?

Am using the tactic from the link on the first page. Am playing as sevilla, whom I took charge of in the second season..here's my line-up

Palop

degen fazio lugano navarro

VdV romaric renato

navas. Jovetic

Fabiano/kanoute/negredo

My midfield play brilliantly, VdV loves the right cm role and has scored a goal in each match he's played and setup a few as well..however I have 2 problems..my strikers can not score and rarely assist and my defence is a little leaky, most goals coming from either through balls or one-twos where the opposition scorer is within our box.

Any tips to get around these issues? I start most matches with shouts set to defensive, play wider, pass to feet. All my strikers have good stats and my defenders are pretty fast.

I apologise for bad grammar/spelling - speed iPhone post whilst on lunch break :D

I'm using the 10.3 tactic on my save with Ajax in the 2012/2013 season, and it works great. I'm using the original 10.3 database.

This is my line-up:

----------------------Stekelenburg

--van der Wiel - Alderweireld - Jørgensen - Blind

------------------------Sandro

---------------Eriksen-----------Lodeiro

---------Suarez-------------------------Zezinho

------------------------Lukaku

So far I have played 15 matches in the league. I have won 14 matches and had one match finish as a draw. But that's not the most incredible thing. I have scored 44 goals and got 0 goals against. That's right, nobody has even scored a single goal against me in the Dutch league. The only teams that have scored against me are Chelsea (1) and Levski Sofia (1) in the Champions League. The tactic is working great for me.

I'm testing and tweaking this tactic as well. It seems like we are getting too many yellow cards. Daniel Alves collected 10 yellow cards; he is going to set a record soon :D . Our defense is also stretched when the OP push up more men in their attack. We have big problem with team (Wolfsburg) that play 4-1-2-1-2 wide with ML and MR (not the Chelsea diamond). We were struggling to win by 1 goal. I also found Pedro and Jeffen play particularly well on this formation even though their attributes aren't that good. I think I'm going to bring in some more young players (16-18 years old) instead of buying those expensive players.

Barca451.jpg

PS: I recommend Demba Ba if you are in need of a ST to play well with Barca formation. The board and the fans are happy with him. His stats so far Apps 7 (4) ; Goals 5; Asst 3.

please tell me where you got this skin from its amazing!!!!

Ah haaa Justified your back, good man!

This tactic alone has brought back my passion to FM so thankyou sir!

In my Newcastle game I got the boys promoted and they are doing solidly in the premiship. Nice.

I do have some questions.

1. Pitch size, do you as suggest above use wider pitches with a high level team and narrow for teams that won't want the extra space for the United and Chelseas of the world to run into?

2. Pre match, as far as opp instructions and scout reports do you adjust your team in anyway?

3. Stop giving up with this, your doing a top job!

SI, GIVE THIS MAN A JOB!

Been testing this tactic for almost a season with my spurs side in 2013. My squad is world class, but I find myself letting in too many goals. This is not to say that I find the tactic bad, because I am mainly winning and i won the leauge. However, every match I play, I find the opposition getting in at least 3-4 shots ON goals and a minimum of one CC. I don't think the opposition is given that many chances based on a lack of quality with my goalie or defense, I think that is why I am not letting in any more goals. I am letting in more goals now than I should be. I am not controlling the match as I want to. The opposition gets a lot of chances and possesion, even though I am playing teams positioned way down on the league table...

Any advice would be super, mate!

Archived