Do You Want To Feel Like Pep?

yes I noticed that now thanks. One question, u think could work 2 advanced playmakers in support role instead of 1 ? i'm telling this because xavi/iniesta.

The two roles are sort of already set up for this. I only selected one to be central midfielder because then people could see you can get away with lesser skilled players in this role. The actual playmaker is essential but the second MC role you can have someone less competent.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there...I've just downloaded v3.2 and I'd like to know wheter it is always better to set ''Defence'' for what concers the strategy at the beginning and if I still have to use those shouts.

Oh, and what about OIs?

Thanks a lot

Hi there...I've just downloaded v3.2 and I'd like to know wheter it is always better to set ''Defence'' for what concers the strategy at the beginning and if I still have to use those shouts.

Oh, and what about OIs?

Thanks a lot

Final version is up so it's compatible with the shouts i posted. It only really effects the tempo and width of the team. And no I didn't use OI's as I feel it disrupts the team.

How do I add FArrows in this game?

Farrows died with FM08.

Excuse me but how do i remove the offside trap ?? Just by unticking the Play Offside in the Team instructions ?

Yup but new version is out so you don't have to :)

I've been struggling like hell lately.. Been trying to tweak around and find something that works.

I took the MC that had the attacking playmaker role and actually moved him up to AMC and had a decent result. Finally started creating more chances. Just broke an 8-match winless streak with it with a 1-0 away win to ipswich. had 14 shots, 5 CCC.

My defense has been getting slaughtered. I tried everything. I abandoned the Nike tactic for this game. I switch my DL and DR from Wingback to Fullbacks and I set my entire back line's mentality at 7, and turned the offside trap back on. Gave up just 6 shots.

Going to run a few more games with this tweak and see if I can keep getting results with it.

I've been struggling like hell lately.. Been trying to tweak around and find something that works.

I took the MC that had the attacking playmaker role and actually moved him up to AMC and had a decent result. Finally started creating more chances. Just broke an 8-match winless streak with it with a 1-0 away win to ipswich. had 14 shots, 5 CCC.

My defense has been getting slaughtered. I tried everything. I abandoned the Nike tactic for this game. I switch my DL and DR from Wingback to Fullbacks and I set my entire back line's mentality at 7, and turned the offside trap back on. Gave up just 6 shots.

Going to run a few more games with this tweak and see if I can keep getting results with it.

As I posted as tweaks in the original post (updated it) you can change the defence to how Barcelona play IRL with a pushed up Offside Trap. Problem with playing the whole back four on same mentality is that they might be a little too defensive. You could try as they do IRL with Abidal, Pique, Toure and Puyol roles on the same mentality and with Alves on two notches higher and make Abidal more defensive. I found that too defensive for my liking but it's worth a try if you're conceeding too much.

It's helped. I started the game on counter as well.

Just won my 2nd in a row with this tactic. 3-0 home to Norwich. My AMC and ST and are getting big ratings since I did the switch.

------ST------

AML-AMC-AMR

---MC---MC---

---------------

DL--DC-DC--DR

Every other setting from the 3.2 version is the same except for DL/DR switch to Fullback, changing the entire backline mentality to 7, and switching to Counter with Default Passing.

I'm heading to bed on the good results.. (Just got off the night shift.) Will be eager to see if the results keep coming after I get up.

Decided to give this tactic a go with my Chelsea side in my second season that did the FA Cup and league title double.

Something must be going wrong there. Won all my friendlies with ease with the tactic, then won 2-0 against Liverpool in the Community Shield, which was a good result. Then the league matches came and it went downhill.

First match against Wolves away. Dominated the match but lost 1-0 despite having more shots, more shots on targets, more CCCs and more possession. An unmarked player at the near post headed in a cross which Petr Cech couldn't keep out.

Next match against Portsmouth. They went 1-0 up in the first half, I screamed at the team during half time and they came out and scored 2 goals, to win 2-1. Disappointing still, even though we did deserve to win the match.

Third match against Man City away. Not easy of course, but with my players, we should still come away with a point at least. Went 1-0 down, I screamed at the team during half time, Man City came out and scored 1 more, before we scored a consolation.

Last match, went 1-0 down against Everton again, I shouted at the players again during half time, and we came out to score 2 goals to win the match, with Cech having some fine saves to keep us the 3 points.

Have stopped playing for the time being, am being frustrated with always conceding first, and have no idea where I am going wrong. It's like, we're playing fine and then suddenly a through pass is played to their striker who is not marked closely enough and scores, and then it's all uphill from there.

Any advice? I admit I was using the 3.2 version, would using the final version help?

My team by the way.

Cech

Bosingwa

Ashley Cole

JT

Ricardo Carvalho

Essien

Lampard

Gourcuff

Jesus Navas

Yury Zhirkov

Sergio Aguero

Any ideas?

does the final version include the setting that you was talking about in the nike system discussion

Yes

Deos the Final Version have a DMC also? :thup:

No but I put what you have to do to tweak it to have a DMC in the tactic.

Decided to give this tactic a go with my Chelsea side in my second season that did the FA Cup and league title double.

Something must be going wrong there. Won all my friendlies with ease with the tactic, then won 2-0 against Liverpool in the Community Shield, which was a good result. Then the league matches came and it went downhill.

First match against Wolves away. Dominated the match but lost 1-0 despite having more shots, more shots on targets, more CCCs and more possession. An unmarked player at the near post headed in a cross which Petr Cech couldn't keep out.

Next match against Portsmouth. They went 1-0 up in the first half, I screamed at the team during half time and they came out and scored 2 goals, to win 2-1. Disappointing still, even though we did deserve to win the match.

Third match against Man City away. Not easy of course, but with my players, we should still come away with a point at least. Went 1-0 down, I screamed at the team during half time, Man City came out and scored 1 more, before we scored a consolation.

Last match, went 1-0 down against Everton again, I shouted at the players again during half time, and we came out to score 2 goals to win the match, with Cech having some fine saves to keep us the 3 points.

Have stopped playing for the time being, am being frustrated with always conceding first, and have no idea where I am going wrong. It's like, we're playing fine and then suddenly a through pass is played to their striker who is not marked closely enough and scores, and then it's all uphill from there.

Any advice? I admit I was using the 3.2 version, would using the final version help?

My team by the way.

Cech

Bosingwa

Ashley Cole

JT

Ricardo Carvalho

Essien

Lampard

Gourcuff

Jesus Navas

Yury Zhirkov

Sergio Aguero

Any ideas?

Try the final version and see what kind of results you get.

Hey Justified, if you convert to classic it lets you add Arrows. :S

The arrows are just indications of how often they'll run from deep. Forward means often, none means sometimes and backwards arrow means rarely.

My season spiraled out of control and I'm likely not going to make promotion.. 9th place, 6 pts out of the playoff with 5 left. I suffered some BRUTAL losses/draws, giving up late goals in innjury time cost me atleast 5 points out of my last half dozen matches. I'm also back in the rut where I'm getting a 12-15 shots a game but none are going in. I picked a Man Utd winger on loan in the Jan transfer winger that I think helped my team a little. He was good with either feet. All my others were good only with the feet on which side they played. I think this is important for a AML/AMR who is used as an inside forward, because they cut back towards the penalty box alot.

Got a sour taste in my mouth and about to head off to work. What a bummer. Perhaps if my dumbass chairman didn't sell my best player after we were 4-0-0 things would of turned out different.

****ed off.

Currently using version 3 of the tactic on 10.2.

Was Celtic Manager and after 2 good seasons was offered Man Utd job when Ferguson retired.

Needed a good free flowing attacking tactic so tried this and WOW the team plays amazing free flowing football at it's very best.

Current team

GK Adler

LB Evans

CB Vidic

CB Ferdinand (becoming slow and allowing opposition to get past)

RB Eboue

CM Carrick

CM Fletcher (Hargreaves)

CM Anderson

LW Nani (Rooney , Pedersen)

RW Vucinic

ST Rossi (Berbatov)

Only started using this after September 2011 my current results are.

Nottingham Forest (A) 2-1 (Berbatov 2)

Inter Milan (ECC) (A) 2-0 (Rossi , Vucinic)

Burnley (H) 4-0 (Rossi 2 , Vidic , Berbatov)

Tottenham (LC) (H) 4-2 (Vucinic 2 , Carrick , Pedersen)

Will post screen shots later but really nice tactic.

This year I decided to play with my own tactics and I did for a couple of games. But than I decided to try a few tactics to see what was being done. I bumped into this tactic and use it with Heerenveen in Holland, finishing 4th place. Not bad taking into account we were predicted 6th. And I chllenged for the title for a great part of the season, but the tactic testing led me to that final position. I than took the job at Ivory Coast, just before the world cup, and guess what? I got to the semi-finals. Just lost to England 2-1 with 2 stupid goals. Have beaten Australia, Italy, Poland, drawn with Switzerland and almost draw Brazil in group stage. Lets see if I can get third place. I just made history, because no african team has ever reached the semis.

Your tactic is really cool with the tweaks in the oppening post.

Great work.

Cheers.

A great tactic Justifed- well done mate!

I very rarely download tactics, but i was interested in your approach and initial write up.

In my save i had just taken over Att Madrid in 2012 in early Jan and I thought I would give your tactic a whirl to have a look at it.

First game vs arch rivals Real Madrid. we lost 1:0, but i wasn't too disappointed, they have much better players and i figured it would take a while for the players to adjust to the novel tactic. Watching the match, they didnt actually dominate, we had chances and just didnt take them.

Next match vs Sevilla - who are 12 points clear in the league. We thrashed them 5:1! everything seemed to come together, the football was majestic.

I have since won a couple more games, so overall very impressed.

I am going to try and implement some of the principles for a high tempo, short passing 442 a la arsenal a few seasons ago.

i had been a bit reluctant to try some of the more creative and attacking settings on the TC, this has given me the impetus to be a bit more positive in approach.

Dam, i found this link today and really wanted to try this tactic, first FF was down now its up but the link to the tactic has been broken, any chance of someone re-uploading it please ?

Just checked, FF is up and working :)

Had a quick test before I set off for work this morning, I was really impressed. I manage Liverpool and played FC Nantes in the CL, we won the game 10-0 (at home), which may be a bit of a freak score but I was more impressed by the way the team played and the fact I had nine different goal scorers (inc one guy off the bench). The tactic seemed to get the best out of my players, I have tried other successful tactics but I like to see decent football and also like to use AML/R’s if possible, so this tactic works well for me.

I’ll be testing this more thoroughly from tonight but so far so good, thanks for this Justified.

Had a quick test before I set off for work this morning, I was really impressed. I manage Liverpool and played FC Nantes in the CL, we won the game 10-0 (at home), which may be a bit of a freak score but I was more impressed by the way the team played and the fact I had nine different goal scorers (inc one guy off the bench). The tactic seemed to get the best out of my players, I have tried other successful tactics but I like to see decent football and also like to use AML/R’s if possible, so this tactic works well for me.

I’ll be testing this more thoroughly from tonight but so far so good, thanks for this Justified.

did you use shouts ?

Not really, I didn’t start the game as instructed in the OP as I was in a bit of a rush and basically forgot, but at the start of the 2nd half I was about 6-0 up I think and then switched to “Retain Possession” and “Pass to Feet”, which just seemed to increase my pass % and possession. I do have a lot of good creative players and I will have been the stronger team, so maybe that’s why I got away with not starting as Justified advises in the OP.

Not really, I didn’t start the game as instructed in the OP as I was in a bit of a rush and basically forgot, but at the start of the 2nd half I was about 6-0 up I think and then switched to “Retain Possession” and “Pass to Feet”, which just seemed to increase my pass % and possession. I do have a lot of good creative players and I will have been the stronger team, so maybe that’s why I got away with not starting as Justified advises in the OP.
wITH the new final version, do I have to use shouts mate?

Regarding the shouts I did post in the first post that you do not have to use them as I found some users got away with just sticking with the tactic as it was. However i believe to maximize your potential the shouts do help and they are quite logical when you think about it. The choice is ultimately yours :)

Well Justified, after switching to the PLP Final, my team have been nothing short of immense. With 2 scrappy wins and 2 losses at the start of the season, I have since then gone on to 23 matches unbeaten, and sitting on top of the EPL with a 9 point lead. Highlights include a 4-1 thrashing of Liverpool at Anfield, 4-0 against Man Utd at Stamford Bridge, etc. Brilliant. Great job, I go into almost every game feeling confident of a win. What a turnaround :D

One of the best and well structured OPs I've seen on here mate, top work.

Was struggling myself, then brought in your tactic, and the first game, won 1-6 away against Blackburn with Tottenham, a game that I'd played earlier in a different cup, and lost 2-1.

Am so impressed with the way they played, that I'm starting a new game, and buying the right sort of players with your tactics in mind. Great work fella!

This is good - currently in 1st place on my Bolton save after finishing 9th, 7th, 6th and 7th previous seasons. Played this tactic for a season and a half. Got really good when I combined it with the sticky about team talks (if you are clueless).

BTW - downpour = stay with defensive - wider - pass to feet - unless you go three up, the use the 3+. Worked for me.

My Bolton side scored the most goals in premier league last year but conceeded a lot too, so I guess it depends on your players. My side for example last year was breaking in a young goalkeeper with great potential but without much first team experience. On the other hand I had a lot of creative, technically gifted and fast players in midfield and attack.

Ridiculously good tactic! Straight promotions to the premier league with Notts County, usually only losing one or two games a season. comfortably mid table in the prem, but I have a lot of young players and don't yet have the rep to buy stars. Thanks Justified, you made FM interesting again!

I've just finished a season with this tactic and I was very impressed by the results, I thought I'd provide some quality feedback about it by analyzing my season.

barclayspremierleague2.png

This is Liverpool in the 1st season, the one defeat shockingly enough came against Stoke at Anfield where I was OH SO HEAVILY favored to win, I still cannot believe how we managed to lose that game. Most of the draws came at the very start of the season and against weaker opposition so I've put it down to team and tactic gelling.

barclayspremierleague3.png

This is my league away record, as you can see the tactic is extremely solid defensively, even more so considering that 4 of those 5 draws came at the very start of the season (away to Wolves, Villa, Everton and City) while the team was still gelling and we were very unlucky not to win those because we absolutely murdered them, except the Villa game where it was pretty even so a draw was a good result. After that it was smooth sailing and all wins except 0-0 against Chelsea later on in an even game.

I also managed to win the Carling Cup by beating Arsenal in the final, had to go through Man Utd at OT in the quarter-final which was an unlucky draw but won it comfortably by 3-0. Had another unlucky draw in the 6th round of the FA Cup where I got Chelsea away which I ended up losing 1-0 despite being an even game. Same story followed in the Champions League where I drew the hardest group (Inter, At. Madrid, Wolfsburg) but I still managed to finish 1st. After that I went through Milan who I've beaten comfortably and then I drew Chelsea yet again who again knocked me out (4-3 on agg) in a game where I received 2 red cards and ended up playing with 9 men. Almost made it to penalties but they scored the winning goal just 1 minute before the end. To sum it up, with a little more luck I could've done much better in these competitions.

Tweaks that I've used are minor, like easy tackling on fullbacks who kept getting skinned and on the 3 midfielders who were getting carded way too much, especially the ball winning mid. Also removed long shots from the 3 midfielders because they were often being very wasteful, especially the playmaker who sees most of the ball. I also used target man with delivery to feet which seemed to work for Torres and Hulk. From OI I only used show onto weaker foot recommended by assman and always tight marking on strikers no matter the opposition (even explosive strikers), I felt it worked great by often marking them out of the game completely as you can see from my defensive record (23 clean sheets in the league). I always started games with Control except really tough away games which I started with Counter and of course Attack/Overload when badly needing a goal. Shouts don't really influence the game much with this tactic since most of the instructions are manually set but still I always used "Pass to feet" and "Play Wider" and as soon as I scored I'd "Retain possession" to keep the ball as much as possible.

I also noticed that I regularly conceded from corners, IIRC 3 players weren't defending and were instead forward waiting for the counter that basically never came so I've changed it so that everybody defends and I've never looked back ever since. If anyone is interested => http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5662/liverpool7.png

I wasn't happy with attacking corners either because they never looked dangerous and were pretty wasteful. I've been experimenting with them a lot and I believe I've changed them into a major goalscoring threat. It looks like this => http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7994/liverpool2.png

5philippemexs.png

Mexes was brilliant for me, he looks like a flying fortress when he attacks the ball from deep, his average rating of 7.57 is the highest by far in my squad so he is clearly over-performing in this area and 23 goals in all competitions is just 1 goal short of being my top scorer. I feel like he should have 30+ goals because there were various deflections that went down as own goals in all the chaos he sought or someone else ended up tapping them in. The delivery is to the "Far Post" and I use both inswinging and outswinging corners as they both seem to work.

Some other things that I've noticed is if your playmaker likes to shoot long (has various long shots PPMs) he will waste A LOT of shots even if he's great at them because he gets a lot of the ball in good areas and your team can really struggle if he has an off day. The 2 wingers/forwards get a lot of CCC's but the angle isn't always perfect so they should be somewhat good finishers with preferably "places shots" or "round the keeper" etc. They cut inside by default with this tactic but if they also have "cut inside" PPM then they can really be lethal in this role and overload the box on a regular basis. The least important player seems to be the left MC so whenever I was down a man I'd just play with 2 in the middle and still kept good possession and continued to create chances and score. As strikers I used Torres and Hulk who are both quite explosive and good dribblers, I wanted them to see as much of the ball as possible so I ended up setting them up as target men. When they receive the ball to feet in a good position they can often easily skip past the last defender and get a 1on1 with the keeper. I feel its better to have pacey strikers because even though this tactic is primarily a possession tactic it's quite lethal on the counter, provided of course your striker and possibly wingers are pacey. In an earlier save that I didn't finish I've tried using Cardozo and even though he scored like 30 goals in 30 games there was no real counter-attacking threat so I opted for another Torres-like striker. That's all I can think of right now, hope it helps someone. Great tactic Justified :thup:

Tweaks that I've used are minor, like easy tackling on fullbacks who kept getting skinned and on the 3 midfielders who were getting carded way too much, especially the ball winning mid. Also removed long shots from the 3 midfielders because they were often being very wasteful, especially the playmaker who sees most of the ball. I also used target man with delivery to feet which seemed to work for Torres and Hulk. From OI I only used show onto weaker foot recommended by assman and always tight marking on strikers no matter the opposition (even explosive strikers), I felt it worked great by often marking them out of the game completely as you can see from my defensive record (23 clean sheets in the league). I always started games with Control except really tough away games which I started with Counter and of course Attack/Overload when badly needing a goal. Shouts don't really influence the game much with this tactic since most of the instructions are manually set but still I always used "Pass to feet" and "Play Wider" and as soon as I scored I'd "Retain possession" to keep the ball as much as possible.

Have you changed the striker form Advanced Forward to Target Man or have you just selected the striker as the target man with supply to feet? And how did you use Cardozo? As i have a few similar strikers, i.e. big, and not much funds to buy some pacey strikers.

Cheers

Have you changed the striker form Advanced Forward to Target Man or have you just selected the striker as the target man with supply to feet? And how did you use Cardozo? As i have a few similar strikers, i.e. big, and not much funds to buy some pacey strikers.

I didn't change any roles so he played as an Advanced Forward, I've just selected the striker as the target man with supply to feet. I wouldn't normally use them as target men if they weren't such special players as I want them to contribute to the game as much as they can. If you've got an average striker who's slow and not particularly intelligent and who's movement off the ball isn't all that great then I wouldn't use him as a target man.

Cardozo is a special case though, although primarily very big and strong in the air he's also a clinical striker with a fantastic left foot and 19-20 in long shots and on top of that he's very intelligent and quite technical. A complete package one could say, considering he's also a consistent performer, the only thing he lacks is pace. Obviously he wasn't that great on the counter but I've used him with good success as a target man to feet as well, because once he receives the ball he's very difficult to dispossess and can quite easily get a shot off on his left foot, he has scored quite a few screamers for me that way, but of course he's very deadly in the box as well as he's a natural finisher, always powers them in.

Don't know about your funds but he only costs around 15 mil from Benfica so surely you could scrape that much if you really wanted him. Especially if you offer the whole 15 mil in monthly installments over 48 months, that way you only need to have 3.7 mil (that's a quarter of the whole sum) in your transfer budget while the rest of it slowly comes out of your balance every month for the next 4 years and doesn't interfere with your future transfer budgets in any way. That feature is just too good not to be "abused". For example, in my Liverpool save in the 1st season I've been handed a 2 mil transfer budget but I've still managed to buy 222 mil worth of players, it's quite absurd. Even with a club like Liverpool that already bleeds a ton of money without having to pay massive monthly installments it's very manageable if you're successful enough. Basically, you can spend 4 times more money than you've actually got, so why not use it.

Justified this a proper tactic, great work.

Analysing how the Pros do it IRL - Incorporating the new TC and the new shouts!

I've tried a couple of tactics in here (Cleon's Sheff Utd Project and Craving Paving's 4-2-3-1) and although both seem to be getting more out of my Newcastle side than I was previously, both only had an instant impact and then died off. This tactic however (with shouts included) have got my team playing great football and everyone playing much better within their roles!!

I have one question whoever, when your using the tactic do you adjust it a all depending on what your backroom staff say and scout reports?

So if its a wide pitch do you not use the play wider shout?

If the other team struggles against narrow formations, you ask to play narrow? etc etc

I was wondering the same thing regarding pitch sizes? And also what size pitch you recommend setting for home matches?

I rememeber reading that is you play wider you need to increase the length of your passing but with the passing set I guess you don't believe this to have much impact on how the team plays?

Just like to thank you for this tactic the missus has been using it as Arsenal and has only signed Ochoa, Veloso and Ryan Shawcross. So far in the league she has won 17 and drawn 1 scored 43 and conceded 12. Highlights include a 4-2 away win over Liverpool and away wins at Spurs and Man United. Great tactic and that's without the touchline shouts as well. I like the way that the tactic gets the CM's involved in the attacking play brilliantly and the front 3 score bags of goals.

Justified,

Enjoying this very much.

QQ for you - what are your thoughts on employing "Look for overlap", "work ball into box" and "hassle opponents" shouts with this tactic?

I've been finding that sticking with defensive, wide, pass to feet isn't netting me many goals against ultra defensive opponents. If they are defending with 11 behind the ball, would you do anything differently first or second half?

I've adapted this tactic for Genoa and I'm doing very well with it. Dominating possession. I haven't actually installed the tactics, just looked at the first post and implemented it myself. I use a 4-2-3-1 formation as I have excellent centre midfielders and a lot of versatile wingers who can player anywhere behind the front man.

I'm glad most people are enjoying this tactic and way of playing it too. However this is the only tactic I'll be releasing for this version of the game. I've decided to take a break from FM. Actually I haven't touched the game in the last two weeks or so as it just doesn't have any appeal. Maybe I'll come back when FM11 comes out but I doubt it. I personally hope everyone else is enjoying the game but as for me personally, the magic has disappeared.

Happy Gaming All ! :)

I'm glad most people are enjoying this tactic and way of playing it too. However this is the only tactic I'll be releasing for this version of the game. I've decided to take a break from FM. Actually I haven't touched the game in the last two weeks or so as it just doesn't have any appeal. Maybe I'll come back when FM11 comes out but I doubt it. I personally hope everyone else is enjoying the game but as for me personally, the magic has disappeared.

Happy Gaming All ! :)

sorry to hear that but I think a lot of people feel the same, I have thoroughly enjoyed using your tactics so thanks for that, but I too am not really enjoying this game not sure why but I just feel you are endlessly tweaking things and the game begins to take too long to play and that's where the fun falls out of it,

Archived