Do You Want To Feel Like Pep?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I just tested v3 and v3.1 against the same opposition, and V3 kept for me more possession and much more chances.

Do you think that the high d-line, is not quite that good in terms of player movement as I also noticed that the mcl moves alot into space in v3, but not so much in v3.1

I think you should re-upload v3 mate and let people try both just so we can see the difference in the results.

Yes, I just tested v3 and v3.1 against the same opposition, and V3 kept for me more possession and much more chances.

Do you think that the high d-line, is not quite that good in terms of player movement as I also noticed that the mcl moves alot into space in v3, but not so much in v3.1

I think you should re-upload v3 mate and let people try both just so we can see the difference in the results.

Ok let me see if I can find a balance between the two.

Is it successful?

I've actually tweaked so much I have no idea what instructions it had :D tbh I feel the flat 3 is much better because the MCd supports the attack more instead of just hanging back and if you watch Barcelona the DMC is not an out and out DMC. In previous FM's it would of been easier to replicate with a MC with a backward arrow. However in FM09/10 you have to rely on other instructions.

I've actually tweaked so much I have no idea what instructions it had :D tbh I feel the flat 3 is much better because the MCd supports the attack more instead of just hanging back and if you watch Barcelona the DMC is not an out and out DMC. In previous FM's it would of been easier to replicate with a MC with a backward arrow. However in FM09/10 you have to rely on other instructions.

Yes I do agree with you....

But Im one of those people who has to use formations that the AI would use..... :D

Ok uploaded a Version 3.2 which mixes the best of both.

It seems most people have more success without the shouts so I guess it's each to their own. You can just go with the starting strategy and see how you fair.

Yes I do agree with you....

But Im one of those people who has to use formations that the AI would use..... :D

Fair enough. I guess you could try the latest version and pull back the central MC and go up to Attacking strategy and see how you fair. In theory you should do ok but not as good as the flat three.

Fair enough. I guess you could try the latest version and pull back the central MC and go up to Attacking strategy and see how you fair. In theory you should do ok but not as good as the flat three.

I may, but like you say it's not as effective.....

Anyway, thanks for the replys :thup: and good luck on the development.

I have to agree with justified, in Barca's system everybody attacks and everybody defends, which is why they play beautiful attacking football.

Hope the tweak you are working on will be the most successful.

Mate are they just for 10.2? Or are they effective for 10.1 too?

what is the difference between 3.1 and 3.2 really? I just tweaked all the set pieces for 3.1 and I need to know what I'm losing if not using version 3.2

Well batata said the balance was lost a bit so I cross referenced a few things so it's more balanced. Sorry that you went to all that trouble :(

Wow, was heading for a midtable finish in the Coca Cola Championship with a few games left, decided to try some new tactics out and found this thread thanks to Crewe Alex, downloaded the v3.2 and the first game with this tactic I won 3-1 away at Birmingham, and that was without a single true right-sided attacking midfielder on my entire roster (Been playing Hough's Dominance).

Me thinks I'm going to be adding a few more wingers in the offseason. Other problem is that have a ***** load of young strikers in my reserves that I had high hopes for. Might be a fire sale.

I'm actually having better success with the shouts, as I feel it gives me more control over the team.

Will try the new version and give you my feedback.

Excellent. Well I think 3.2 will be my final release. I don't think I can really tweak much more and a bit of a loss for ideas at the moment. I think I'm off for my next adventure :D

Well batata said the balance was lost a bit so I cross referenced a few things so it's more balanced. Sorry that you went to all that trouble :(

no problem at all. Just few minutes of work compare to your time to create this wonderful tactic. Honestly, I like version 3.1 more even though you said player instruction are the same, but with the role you choose, I know which player suitable for that position.

Good luck for your next adventure and if you have free time, hope you can you create alex ferguson tactic

no problem at all. Just few minutes of work compare to your time to create this wonderful tactic. Honestly, I like version 3.1 more even though you said player instruction are the same, but with the role you choose, I know which player suitable for that position.

Good luck for your next adventure and if you have free time, hope you can you create alex ferguson tactic

An Alex Ferguson tactic is actually not that difficult to replicate. It's just a flat 4-4-2 with a ball winner and deep laying playmaker in the centre and wingers on the flanks. :D

Justified, I feel like the real formation Barca/Pep uses is 4-1-2-2-1 with a DMC. If you've watched some Barca games you must've noticed that Yaya/Busquets very often drops deep between the 2DC's during build-up. So I've been thinking about how to make that happen.

What did you mean when you said about mentality in bands of three with floating midfielders?

Justified, I feel like the real formation Barca/Pep uses is 4-1-2-2-1 with a DMC. If you've watched some Barca games you must've noticed that Yaya/Busquets very often drops deep between the 2DC's during build-up. So I've been thinking about how to make that happen.

What did you mean when you said about mentality in bands of three with floating midfielders?

Hence why the MCd has low mentality, no runs from deep and hold up ball. The thing is I find DMC's in FM are more helpful in distructive formations. The DMC in FM doesn't work like Barca's DMC IRL. So I had to put him in midfield instead.

Maybe I misworded but it was just about splitting the midfielders into diffrent mentalities to get the Defence/Support/Attackling roles correct.

Have you at all experimented with a 4-1-1-3-1?

Or a 4-2-3-1.

Trying to get one to work. Thinking of just changing the positions on your tactic to suit, but then I guess it will throw it out of whack.

What kind of 4-1-1-3-1 or 4-2-3-1 were you thinking of? I'm thinking formation-wise?

Oh right, I should be more clear(using Sporting in the demo).

-----gk------

rb--cb-cb---lb

-----dm----- Veloso

-----cm---- Mountinho

amr--amc--aml (Matais Fernandez for AMC)

-----sc-----

and

----gk---

rb-cb-cb-lb

------------

---cm-cm---

amr--amc-aml-

-----sc-----

Heading into my 2nd season in the Coca-Cola Championship with Eastleigh in 2021/2022. Going to open the year with this tactic. Spent the offseason acquiring wingers. Got a good one for the left-wing (and already have decent cover in place for that spot) Added two young guys to the right wing (where I had none prior to the year... Both are decent, but probably just a hair below average for this level but both have potential out the ying-yang so they may develop quick. Been doing some loan shopping for a fit, haven't found a quality one yet, but maybe I can find one before too long.

Final preseason friendly vs AA Gent, I racked them 5-0.. 21 shots to 2, 5 CCCs to 0.

0-1 away win at Coventry

0-2 away win at Worcester (Coca Cola 1) in League Cup

3-2 home win vs Leeds (after trailing by 2 at the half)

0-1 away win at Bradford

Thrilled with this tactic so far. It has a much different feel that Hough's Dominantion 4-1-2-1-2 tactic. It just has a much more realistic, more consistant feel to it. Where with the Domination tactic it almost feels like I am cheating the game with the stale one-dimensional attacking style, this tactic is so much more enjoyable to watch and the chances come from all over the pitch!

This is not a "super" tactic, but if you get quality players in there, they'll perform with it and you'll win games you're suppose to win.

Highly recommended so far!! :thup::thup::thup:

0-1 away win at Coventry

0-2 away win at Worcester (Coca Cola 1) in League Cup

3-2 home win vs Leeds (after trailing by 2 at the half)

0-1 away win at Bradford

Thrilled with this tactic so far. It has a much different feel that Hough's Dominantion 4-1-2-1-2 tactic. It just has a much more realistic, more consistant feel to it. Where with the Domination tactic it almost feels like I am cheating the game with the stale one-dimensional attacking style, this tactic is so much more enjoyable to watch and the chances come from all over the pitch!

This is not a "super" tactic, but if you get quality players in there, they'll perform with it and you'll win games you're suppose to win.

Highly recommended so far!! :thup::thup::thup:

Told ya Josh :D

It does feel good watching your team play doesnt it?

Love this tactic, its the best.

My form went a little sour when my chairman forced the sale of my best defender, despite already having 9 million in the bank. :thdn::thdn: .. Screwed up my chemistry pretty bad but I just bounced back with a 4-0 home win to Norwich, so maybe I've shaken the cobwebs.

One problem I'm having. My offside trap has been getting clobbered and I'm giving up loads of 1v1 chances. Fortunantly my keeper is quite good at stopping then and I haven't been exploited as much as I could have been.

Anyone else run into this? Has anyone abandoned the trap?

My form went a little sour when my chairman forced the sale of my best defender, despite already having 9 million in the bank. :thdn::thdn: .. Screwed up my chemistry pretty bad but I just bounced back with a 4-0 home win to Norwich, so maybe I've shaken the cobwebs.

One problem I'm having. My offside trap has been getting clobbered and I'm giving up loads of 1v1 chances. Fortunantly my keeper is quite good at stopping then and I haven't been exploited as much as I could have been.

Anyone else run into this? Has anyone abandoned the trap?

I think this is just a bug mate.

Justified, can you possibly tweak it a little so the defence is a little tighter because Im giving up a lot of 1v1 as well

But its still the best tactic ive used

I was looking at the defence last night and with Tottenham I managed to achieve the "Park the Tank" achievememt (10 games without conceeding). The tweak? Remove the Offside Trap. It was actually hindering the team more then helping. Other then that, no I can't think of anything. Possibly your defenders are too slow?

EDIT: Last Version will be up tomorrow! It's not a major difference, it's just crossing the i's and dotting the t's but I do recommened now that you play without the offside trap :thup:

Justified, would this be effective for 10.1 too?

As I mentioned before, it's made on 10.2 so it's hard to say if it will due to all the tweaks that were made to the engine between this version and 10.1. If you really want to see full effect I would suggest you update to the newest version :)

Justified.. What kind of striker should I be looking for to score goals? All of my goals seem to be very well spread out.

I'm 24 matches in now, My starting backline has 5 goals.. my center mids have 2 or 3 each. My one winger has 5, my other winger has 2 and the two strikers I rotate have 6 goals between them in 23 starts. The one striker had 21 goals in 27 matches under a different system last year, now he has just 3 in 13. Just wondering if there was anything I can do to increase production from him, or what type of striker I should be looking for.

Well the goals should be spread out amongst the front three as they move in and out of each others channels. If you want the team to focus more on the striker maybe you could try selecting him as a target man and pass to feet. That should ensure that they get the ball to him either by pass or cross. However the team might becmoe too relient. Give it a go and let me know your results :)

Archived