Patch 10.1.1 - Official Feedback Thread (can we keep it in here please, thanks!)

Patch 2 will be after January.. and I can't wait so much time lol

I'm addicted to the game but it annoying so muchhh, every goal from a corner or a long shot.. so much bugs

Huge and wrong assumption from you.

As stated multiple times the next patch will be before christmas.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
my FM crashed

when i tried to run it again, steam downloaded this patch

now i'm running it again

i'm watching the rivals' game right now

memory usage is around 1,134,300k at the moment

will keep an eye on that

hope i won't need to start a new game for this patch?

You shouldn't have to start a new game - but if you have been using third party tools, such as saved game editors, then it's possible that you will have to, and that the problem would occur again if you were to use said saved game editor on a new game.

Sorry, I won’t do anything anymore. I’ve already filled my part of the contract by purchasing the game. No way I do free bug tracking for a product I purchased. Have a good one everyone.

Firstly Headhunter, please don't take this as a flame because it's not meant as one.

I am a software test engineer (no I don't work for SI), you need to understand that developing and testing software is an evolving process. In my previous project we spent a year just testing the product AFTER code complete status was reached. Yet, still, our customers raised defects that we had not come across. The reason for this? Often defects that customers raise can only be reproduced in the field, and try as we might we can't get the same results in-house. SI aren't trying to get free testers, they are trying to improve a product and the best way to do that is by getting feedback from the people who actually use this.

Testing games is much harder than the type of software we develop, typically our software is run on servers (usually) server 2003/2008. So the amount of different OS' we need to test against is relatively small, when testing games, SI have to take into account several different platforms - i.e. XP (with SP3/without SP3), Vista, and Mac. So the amount of testing required is even greater! Add to that the various different graphics cards and thousands of drivers and whether a machine has 1gb-4gb, if they tried to test every possible area of the game on every possible combination of OS with every amount of RAM possible we wouldn't see the next FM game until about 2030!

So what do SI do? They test the software as much as they realistically can. But they do rely on customers on providing information where-ever they can. Not for cheap testing but so they can make the game better for everyone.

There is no such thing as bug free software - the operating system you're using at the moment will likely have a 100 bugs in that you don't know about!

Just to reiterate, this isn't meant as a flame towards you, just wanted to explain how the software testing life cycle works.

I wish you all the best!

Premier2k

You shouldn't have to start a new game - but if you have been using third party tools, such as saved game editors, then it's possible that you will have to, and that the problem would occur again if you were to use said saved game editor on a new game.

Fixed rare issue with score divergence

Miles help me out

an there was me checking out the fm forum an suddenly getting excited that the match engine was fixed. should have been called 'crash fix patch' to stop me from crying that i still can't play fm2010. oh well a few more weeks of pulling my hair out. (keep goin si, despit the huge annoyingness every year, you get there in the end).

Ummi don't know if im doing something wrong but, i just downoaded the 'Boxed PC (Digital)' patch, as I bought my copy from Direct2Drive.com, but all i get when the file has downloaded is a file called 'FM2010_v10.1.1_ESD_PC_Patch[1]' with no file extension.

What am I supposed to do next?

Memory usage went from 1,100,000k to 1,500,000k during one match?

3d will bump the memory usage up a lot. if you disable 3d camera and stick to 2d it won't be as bad.

anyone getting the "dangerously low memory" fail should always check in task manager to see how many kilobytes of memory the process (fm.exe) is using at the point of the error message popping up. if it is about 1,900,000 k then there is a workaround i am aware of

• SI Staff
Is there any difference between the boxed and the digital downloaded patch version ?

Yes, use the boxed patch for games installed from a disk and the digital download patch for games installed via a digital download. Using the wrong one can cause problems such as a digital download looking for a disk the user doesn't own for example.

3d will bump the memory usage up a lot. if you disable 3d camera and stick to 2d it won't be as bad.

anyone getting the "dangerously low memory" fail should always check in task manager to see how many kilobytes of memory the process (fm.exe) is using at the point of the error message popping up. if it is about 1,900,000 k then there is a workaround i am aware of

Before the patch it would only bump it to 1,200,000k or at most 1,300,000k. Problem is after the match it stays at that level.

i only am using logo and facepacks at the moment. i do not use editors or such...

i finished "watching" the game and right now it dropped down to 1,227,376K

we'll see what's next

thanx for the reply miles (saw the patch announcement in your twitter by the way ;) )

Can I just confirm there is no point me downloading this if I don't have crash issues?

Only issues I have are those which are likely to be tweaked in patch 2.

It's always recommended that you're on the latest version of the game. But, if none of the issues that have been fixed on 10.1.1 had affected you or interest you, then I suppose you can wait till patch 2.

• Administrators
any clarification about digital downloads other than steam??? i downloaded the game from gamersgate but i am still not sure how will i update it to the latest....??? thanks in advance...

It can be downloaded from here - http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches

Thanks.

Has this fixed the weird "teamtalks not showing up at HT/FT"?

This is so annoying, because it happens every 2 or 3 matches. When it happens I have to click so many weird places to make it appear! I have to watch a goal on replay and then click on "Tactics" to have the teamtalks show on the screen... Makes me nuts!

I play only commentary, but have 2D replay for goals scored. It's because of the replay feature the teamtalks sometimes wont show!

Never mind, the game when i create one is 10.1.
Will all the fixes be okay with my current saved game (10.1)?

Yeah I'm about to ask the same thing. I already start a game with 10.1 patch. Do I need to start a new game for new patch?

And does 'missing edited player histories' problem fixed?

Thank you in advance ;)

If you're referring to the ability to have custom backgrounds, then that's a no. But, that's an issue which should be fixed in patch 2. Only what has been described in 10.1.1's changelist has been changed in it.

What about my problem?

Has this fixed the weird "teamtalks not showing up at HT/FT"?

This is so annoying, because it happens every 2 or 3 matches. When it happens I have to click so many weird places to make it appear! I have to watch a goal on replay and then click on "Tactics" to have the teamtalks show on the screen... Makes me nuts!

I play only commentary, but have 2D replay for goals scored. It's because of the replay feature the teamtalks sometimes wont show!

when i save the latest patch to desktop and try open it with bittorrent i keep getting

unable to load"fm10_v10.1.1_pc_patch[1[" not enough storage space is available to process this command.

i have deleted items in my bittorrent and even reinstalled it but still repeatedly says it.

any ideas guys ?????????

Archived