Patch 10.1.1 - Official Feedback Thread (can we keep it in here please, thanks!)

Have you had any other issues since? Has it just been this one off occasion or does it occur everytime you play a network game now? Let me know, thanks.

Hi Neil,

It hasn't happened again so far. I will let you guys know if it does though.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your efforts guys, sorted out about 95% of my crashes, crashed only once in 5 long sessions, saving every week is helping too. Nice to know that you guys have taken on board the probs and tried to do something , now I can enjoy my game whilst waiting on patch 2 :thup:

Just updated to the new patch and am getting a 'disk not in drive' error. I click continue a few times then it's ok. Has happened when I open the game and midway through. Also it's an old save from the last patch.

Also just noticed it's looking for the disk in H: ...which is a memory card slot.

What happens when your game crash? Do you get any sort of warning or does it just close? Also when does it occur - is it during a match, when processing etc? Please let me know, thanks.

Hasn't happened during a match. Just when toggling through management screens (e.g. tactics, inbox, etc...) I get a grey windows-type error message that says a crash dump error has occurred and the program must close.

• Administrators
Just updated to the new patch and am getting a 'disk not in drive' error. I click continue a few times then it's ok. Has happened when I open the game and midway through. Also it's an old save from the last patch.

Also just noticed it's looking for the disk in H: ...which is a memory card slot.

Are you certain you downloaded the correct patch? If you say patched the digital download version with the PC boxed version you may get these kinds of issues. Likewise if you patched the Steam version with a download (Steam does it automatically).

Let me know, thanks.

Well what an absolute waste of time this patch was.

Nothing has changed for me, the game still crashes.... often.

Shouldnt you release a game that works? Instead of comming up with patch strategies every year to fix your game?

Mine has crashed on every single page of the game so far, alot of the time it crashes when clicking the continue/process button. I get a warning message after it has closed.

I'd be interested in anyone having crash dumps (like myself) if the 1.7 gb barrier is the one causing crash dumps I wonder if you have more than 1.5 gb of ram installed if running the system with onyl 1.5 or 1 gb of ram will avoid the crash.

I have two 2 gb (total 4gb installed) sticks so I'm calling to ask see if i can get 1gb or 1.5 to work and see what the results are. On my laptop running 1.25 gb game doesn't crash on desktop with 4 gb it does. I'll post my results later. Anyone else care to try as well who have have issues of crash dumps while running more than 1.5 gb ram?

Updates to come

• Administrators
I have a relatively small database on my current game, i tried a 262k database and it crashes mid way through the first game every time.

Sorry I'm a bit confused - are you calling a 262k database a small database? Or have you tried running an actual small db with say a couple of leagues loaded and it still crashes? Let me know, thanks.

• Administrators
I'd be interested in anyone having crash dumps (like myself) if the 1.7 gb barrier is the one causing crash dumps I wonder if you have more than 1.5 gb of ram installed if running the system with onyl 1.5 or 1 gb of ram will avoid the crash.

I have two 2 gb (total 4gb installed) sticks so I'm calling to ask see if i can get 1gb or 1.5 to work and see what the results are. On my laptop running 1.25 gb game doesn't crash on desktop with 4 gb it does. I'll post my results later. Anyone else care to try as well who have have issues of crash dumps while running more than 1.5 gb ram?

Updates to come

It doesn't matter how much RAM you have in terms of what the threshold is for the crash unfortunately - however we would be very interested to hear what results you get from this and if it's any different.

• Administrators
Hi,

i installed de patch, but now when i try to start the game it keeps asking for the dvd. But my game is a digital one (Gamersgate).

How can i resolve this problem?!

thanks.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo, you've installed the PC Boxed patch rather than the digital download one. You need to uninstall the game, reinstall and make sure you patch up with the correct patch - this will resolve your issue. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Hi Eduardo, you've installed the PC Boxed patch rather than the digital download one. You need to uninstall the game, reinstall and make sure you patch up with the correct patch - this will resolve your issue. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Thanks.

I am reinstalling the game.

From where can i donwload de correct patch, since i donwloaded the last one from the FM2010 site?

Eduardo

• Administrators
Thanks.

I am reinstalling the game.

From where can i donwload de correct patch, since i donwloaded the last one from the FM2010 site?

Eduardo

Try this link - http://segaeu.vo.llnwd.net/o37/sec/FM2010_v10.1.1_ESD_PC_Patch.exe?e=1259929007&h=d194ee2b04d31e71f868dbff2a4585c8

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks.

I have donwloaded the file, but it has not any kind of setup wizard. When i click on the patch file (a blank page image), I does not work because the pc asks me what program to use to open the file :(

Eduardo

First of i love the new game. Things like people going to the press asking for a job you advertised, the 3d pitch view, the interaction you can now(havent played 09 so not sure if they were in that) do with your backroom staff. SI are you or have you taugh about the 3d view for FM Live, I think its class view of it...cause it doesnt need to be great looking but have any actual people viewable.

I was a disgruntled FM Live player from Platini and got this to sort my management fix....great game well done SI..funny some of the ad's are in it are for fm live and I got 2 months free with the game aswell...seems to be 2 months free with everything :thup::cool:

Some things that would be nice to be fixed in the future patches:

- player reacting faster to the ball (e.g. when the ball is passed through to a striker he starts to run earlier)

- strikers running through the centre of the field if there is enough space to run through instead of running to the side

- when one against one, strikers should try to lob the ball more often, instead of kicking it on the goalkeeper

- I've never seen a goalkeeper saving a penalty by diving, but I don't whether it is only my case

- sometimes when the goalkeepers have the ball at their feet, they start to walk in a strange way..

Thank you

Are you certain you downloaded the correct patch? If you say patched the digital download version with the PC boxed version you may get these kinds of issues. Likewise if you patched the Steam version with a download (Steam does it automatically).

Let me know, thanks.

Yeah, file name is 'fm2010_v10.1.1_patch-boxed' got it via torrent. Has loaded ok today, though. So... no worries !

Where can we read about the stuff being addressed in 10.2? Is this a place to give suggestions?

* Players don't know when to let the ball go out and just kick it out themselves giving away a throw or a corner to opponent.

*Offsides doesn't look right on 3d. Half the times my strikers seems 2 meters behind the line.

*There is no passive offside, I might be wrong.

*Much talked about already: converted penalties, complacency, no tackling by defenders.

*Strangely I don't have problems with the long shots and I think they are about right.

*Some sliders cant be checked sometimes from the player list with the view set to "run with ball" for instance, so I have to go ti individual player to set them. Donno if this is clear enough.

*The ref often whistles inappropriately even when you are one on one with a keeper.

Surely there are more that I cant think of right now. Could You inform me what, if any are being worked on? Thank You.

I think I'm in the right part, but anyway I'm playing FM2010 with the v10.1.1 Patch it seems ok at the mo, well just. My problem is I'm with Man City n I'm doing ok at the mo but I've just played Liverpool n I'm not best pleased. Carragher fouled twice in the pen box 1st time he got yellown a pen given to City n the 2nd time it was just a pen. He didn't get a 2nd yellow which he should of, why not!!

I think I'm in the right part, but anyway I'm playing FM2010 with the v10.1.1 Patch it seems ok at the mo, well just. My problem is I'm with Man City n I'm doing ok at the mo but I've just played Liverpool n I'm not best pleased. Carragher fouled twice in the pen box 1st time he got yellown a pen given to City n the 2nd time it was just a pen. He didn't get a 2nd yellow which he should of, why not!!

How old are you?

Look I'm not gonna argue with you, just gonna say and and you go and think about it, or don't, suite yourself. I cant even begin to understand why would you think that a player should get a yellow for every foul he makes in a box or maybe a handball and even harder why you decided to write it here. How did you think you could contribute to this thread by asking something like that or do you really think that it would be good to put in the patch that every player should see yellow when fouls in a box. Then your second post, cant even think of where to start. I'm not gonna argue and moan no more so write away.

Look I'm not gonna argue with you, just gonna say and and you go and think about it, or don't, suite yourself. I cant even begin to understand why would you think that a player should get a yellow for every foul he makes in a box or maybe a handball and even harder why you decided to write it here. How did you think you could contribute to this thread by asking something like that or do you really think that it would be good to put in the patch that every player should see yellow when fouls in a box. Then your second post, cant even think of where to start. I'm not gonna argue and moan no more so write away.

How old are you?

FM 2005 5.0.2 patch released on 09.12.2004

FM 2006 6.0.2 patch released on 20.12.2005

FM 2007 7.0.2 patch released on 07.12.2006

FM 2008 8.0.1 patch released on 22.11.2007

FM 2009 9.2.0 patch released on 13.11.2008

So we can expect 10.2.0 in 10-15 days? :D

Sorry I'm a bit confused - are you calling a 262k database a small database? Or have you tried running an actual small db with say a couple of leagues loaded and it still crashes? Let me know, thanks.

I have tried the game on a large database and a small database, same problems

• Administrators
Game used to crash during matches only, now it crashes during saving , no problem , with some decent signings maybe next year .

Does your game always crash during saving? How many leagues are you running, and have you been keeping an eye on your memory usage when doing so? Let me know, thanks.

• Administrators
Hey guys.

Since downloading the patch I'm finding FM is running SIGNIFICANTLY slower. Any ideas why this is?

Hi Candre, where did you download the patch from? Was it Steam?

Likewise when you say 'slowdown' do you mean going from screen to screen, or is it more general processing that seems slower? Let me know, thanks.

Let me know, thanks.

• Administrators
with update to this newly patch I still cannot access the game...crash and out to the desktop just before I could choose start a new game or load...

What version of the game are you running (Steam/DVD/Digital Download) and where did you download your patch from? Let me know, thanks.

Hi Candre, where did you download the patch from? Was it Steam?

Likewise when you say 'slowdown' do you mean going from screen to screen, or is it more general processing that seems slower? Let me know, thanks.

Let me know, thanks.

I have the same problem Candre, havn't been able to fix it either.:(

Since installing this patch my game crashes..coloured shapes on the pitch and then it freezes and I can't do anything except press the reset button on my PC.

These crashes never happened before the patch 10.1.1.

I have the boxed version of the game.. my PC is a quad core,winxp and the graphics card is geoforce 8800 gt.

What version of the game are you running (Steam/DVD/Digital Download) and where did you download your patch from? Let me know, thanks.

It's mac version and I download the patch from the worthplaying website...but I've tried download the driect one but it stops halfway..

Hi all

1st time poster long time player (since CM2 without foreign leagues), had to because this FM is driving me up the wall. Ive had lots of crashes with all versions of patches etc and now its begining to become a right ball ache pun intended.

Started fresh with the new patches with Barca, over 5 days of continuous play, 3rd season friendlys and now anytime I click finances the game shuts down completley with a dump and there becoming a lot more frequent doing simple things throughout the game. Nothing to do with facepacks or backgrounds as ive removed them all. Please help as im begining to doubt whether you guys should be releasing games that hardly qualify as betas.

SI can have all the dumps just get back in touch with me through here.

Please bring back the FM I loved so much! :(

Archived