Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it normal for chelsea and manchester united to be in the northern league brooks mileson cup and the spartan south midlands challenge trophy etc..?? and the combined counties premier cup as they are drawn into the semis and are winning the final 8-0 or so? chelsea have also just won the kent premier division cup?

Ah awesome Crouchaldinho, cheers for that - will get that sorted for Tuesday's build.

I'd noticed already that the BSN and BSS didn't have boundaries set either. I'd assumed the hard coding would take care of these... but you never know!

Essentially, clubs in the Southern Premier, in particular, are lacking in their regional division information.

I believe that you need to check all clubs in the divisions you are activating and check for/enter regional division information.

I'm working on a list of clubs missing it for steps 3 and 4. I will post it to you. I'm afraid I don't have the time or energy to check below there so I'm afraid you'll be on your own from then onwards. :(

For some leagues, the information may not need to be there anyway, plus the lower you get, the easier it will be to work out where teams should go.

Hope that will help. Will post the list up shortly.

Regards,

C.

Couple of things: First up, this is the best FM experience I've ever had!

Second: I'm managing a club @ Level 10 and they're set as an 'amateur' club, which means you don't have to pay anybody anything :)

Although this does mean that other teams are able to grab my players for nothing as I'm unable to offer my players & staff contracts.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in their games of their club being upgraded from 'amateur' to 'semi professional' after promotion?

I assume this will happen after you move up a couple of levels as it would in the regular db when you say take a BSS or BSN team to L2? (in that case your club gets upgraded from semi professional to professional) I'm hoping this is the case as I desperately need to start offering players contracts in order to keep them :) (providing I can get promoted of course)!!

How are you going to get around the promotion/relegation issue between level 10 and 11? Are you adding them as seperate leagues with no promotion to level 10?

There is a field called 'competition level', and the editor only lets you enter as high as 20.

Anyway it wouldn't work well, because each county and area ends at different levels, promotion and relegation just wouldn't work properly.

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe one day eh? ;)

Still, it's great what we've got now :thup:

What would you saythe boundaries were for BSN/S and R/N/S? I would wait for Super Bladesman to get it fixed but I'm in the process of sorting out all 33 Step 11 leagues, currently I've only sorted out Kent County League but I need to sort out the other 32.

What would you saythe boundaries were for BSN/S and R/N/S? I would wait for Super Bladesman to get it fixed but I'm in the process of sorting out all 33 Step 11 leagues, currently I've only sorted out Kent County League but I need to sort out the other 32.

All 33?

Which ones are you using? - There are some that, whilst they are officially Step 11, they actually promote to other Step 11 leagues, meaning they are Step 12 in practice.

I got a page showing the entire English pyramid and took the divisions I saw in the game that should be there. There are actually about 4 or 5 divisions missing though, but you might be able to help me with Sussex County Division 3. I have a version of the DB on this computer but it's not at the same stage as the one at my dad's problem is I left my memory stick there with it on.

The following clubs are missing competition regional division settings:

Southern Prem - Banbury, Bashley, Brackley, Chippenham, Didcot, Evesham, Halesowen, Hemel Hempstead, Leamington, Merthyr, Nuneaton, Oxford City, Rugby, Stourbridge, Truro City, Tiverton.

Isthmian First North - Great Wakering, Ilford, Lowestoft, Maldon, Northwood, Potters Bar, Romford, Thamesmead, Tillbury, VCD Athletic, Waltham Forest

Isthmian First South - Fleet, Goldalming, Leatherhead, Merstham, Walton Casuals, Whyteleafe

Southern First Midlands - AFC Sudbury, Arseley, Barton Rovers, Beaconsfield, Bedworth, Biggleswade, Bromsgrove, Burnham, Bury Town, Chesham, Hitchin Town, Marlow, Romulus, Rothwell, Slough, Soham, Stourport, Woodford United

Southern First South/West - Abingdon United, AFC Hayes, Bishop's Cleeve, Brackley, Bridgwater, Cinderford, Circester, Frome, Hungerford, Mangotsfield, North Leigh, Paulton, Taunton, Thatcham, Uxbridge, VT FC, Windsor & Eton, Yate

right, so it seems that as long as all teams have their 'regional competitions' set up correctly, promotion and relegation should be fine?

having a look through all the teams that don't have it set up, it looks a fairly big task!

As far as I can work out, that pretty much seems to be the case.

I've set them for step 3 and 4 clubs. Just holidaying a test game now.

C.

Hi

No doubts that this is a FANTASTIC step that SB has made towards this game. I'm just wondering if when changes are made along the way, if they will work on a saved game or whether a new game would need to be started after each change?

As far as I can work out, that pretty much seems to be the case.

I've set them for step 3 and 4 clubs. Just holidaying a test game now.

C.

Seems a logical solution, having a look in the Conference North/South this certainly seems to be the case. Hope SB is good at Geography!

Hi

No doubts that this is a FANTASTIC step that SB has made towards this game. I'm just wondering if when changes are made along the way, if they will work on a saved game or whether a new game would need to be started after each change?

It's done on the database so you would need to restart each time if you wanted all of the changes.

Well, my first attempt seems to have been an unmitigated disaster anyway. I'm very close to giving up. I had no idea that it was going to be this difficult to get it working properly. :(

In what way, nothing to do with the regional competitions I hope?

Just popped back into this thread and I posted something about 20 posts ago that went unanswered so I'm pasting it back below:

I'm managing a club @ Level 10 and they're set as an 'amateur' club, which means you don't have to pay anybody anything

Although this does mean that other teams are able to grab my players for nothing as I'm unable to offer my players & staff contracts.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in their games of their club being upgraded from 'amateur' to 'semi professional' after promotion?

I assume this will happen after you move up a couple of levels as it would in the regular db when you say take a BSS or BSN team to L2? (in that case your club gets upgraded from semi professional to professional) I'm hoping this is the case as I desperately need to start offering players contracts in order to keep them (providing I can get promoted of course)!!

Also, after reading the above posts I'm a bit confused / worried: Can we get promoted it you start managing at level 10?

In what way, nothing to do with the regional competitions I hope?

I set some clubs to more than one division at the same level, assuming that this would mean that they could play in both and that the game would make a logical decision based on geography. In short, it shifted a whole bunch of teams all over the place at the end of the season and it didn't look right. Just went through and changed it again. Testing now.

Last attempt for now from me. I think if it doesn't work properly, I will be ready to throw in the towel. I'm not expecting perfection but I just want roughly the right teams in the right divisions.

Just popped back into this thread and I posted something about 20 posts ago that went unanswered so I'm pasting it back below:

I'm managing a club @ Level 10 and they're set as an 'amateur' club, which means you don't have to pay anybody anything

I assume this will happen after you move up a couple of levels as it would in the regular db when you say take a BSS or BSN team to L2? (in that case your club gets upgraded from semi professional to professional) I'm hoping this is the case as I desperately need to start offering players contracts in order to keep them (providing I can get promoted of course)!!

Also, after reading the above posts I'm a bit confused / worried: Can we get promoted it you start managing at level 10?

I think the reason you haven't had an answer is because people just don't know yet. I imagine that once you get to a certain level/reputation/financial position, you will be able to change to semi-pro though. That would be my expectation.

As for the promotion business, the answer is yes, however you may get promoted to the wrong division. That's the issue we are working on here.

Regards,

C.

Well, I used a mixture of multimap and wikipedia but also the Football Club History Database, which can be quickly searched to find out which leagues a club has played in during its past.

C.

Have you seen this before?

http://www.thepyramid.info/sections/N.htm#maps

http://www.thepyramid.info/leaguemap/leaguemap.htm

Maps of the leagues, makes it pretty clear for most clubs which division they would play in.

Have you seen this before?

http://www.thepyramid.info/sections/N.htm#maps

http://www.thepyramid.info/leaguemap/leaguemap.htm

Maps of the leagues, makes it pretty clear for most clubs which division they would play in.

Oh yes, I've seen them thanks Scoham. :thup:

I have a fairly good idea of the general geography of each league anyway but I was also using Mike Avery's website.

The other thing is that the boundaries aren't exactly fixed and that some clubs have a history of playing in a certain division so that's why the Football Club History Database helps.

Regards,

C.

Well, early signs (testing over two seasons) are that setting the regional divisions in the competition tabs does sort out the issues I detailed above. :)

I don't envy Nik having to do it down to step 6 though. :eek:

C.

I'm not quite sure why it should be necessary - all the clubs have their geography set... why should it need setting twice, effectively? :D

There's no doubt it can work with just the stadium being set correctly, since adding in the stadia improved the promotions and relegations no end. So I'm at a loss as to why adding this further info should be needed. I will add the info for some of the teams at geographical extremes (teams in Bristol and further south west, for example as these would really only ever go BSS/SouthPrem/SouthD1W/WesternPrem/WesternD1).

Just because the editor doesnt allow you to type anything more than 20 doesnt mean the engine doesnt allow it.

When adding Romania 4th tier, many sub division have only 3 or 4 clubs but the editor force me to enter 6, so I save and open the xml file, change the number to 3. It works, so maybe you can edit the xml file to change it's level to 24.

In fact, I dont even think this parameter is used, because the editor does not stop me when I try to add more than 20 level into the system, I even create a parent division for austria 5th tier and sub division for norway 4th tier without set this parameter and it still work

Archived