Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can confirm ticking the 'Uses squad numbers' boxes in the editor and starting a new game doesn't fix the problem :( Premier League is ticked already but even that doesn't use squad numbers.

Is there anything remotely similar for FM09? Thanks.

No, FM 2010 is the only version that has competition editing.

Does anyone know how running this file on a network game would work?

Should work when all do setup the game with that file and all have the same version of FM running (patched).

great set mate, i may be wrong but i think the relegation from steps 8 9 and 10 is wrong as is the promotion form steps 9 and 10 as i assume it same for all leagues but the northern league (step 9) has 1 team up and no play offs, with 2nd place only ever going up due to the team finishing 1sts ground not being up to it, releagtion from 9 is a straight 3 down 3 up with no play-off that i know of.

finally got the game installed and done evrything to start with a level 10 team

so decided to pick Holyport in the Hellenic League Div1 East which is the lowest level team from my home town

just doing preseason and signing a few players on amateur contracts

let the fun begin and lets try and gain promotion at the 1st attempt (media prediction 8th)

great set mate, i may be wrong but i think the relegation from steps 8 9 and 10 is wrong as is the promotion form steps 9 and 10 as i assume it same for all leagues but the northern league (step 9) has 1 team up and no play offs, with 2nd place only ever going up due to the team finishing 1sts ground not being up to it, releagtion from 9 is a straight 3 down 3 up with no play-off that i know of.

Read the OP, and then try coming up with a better way of getting 16 divisions to feed into 14 divisions, or 14 division to feed into 6 divisions. I'm all ears ;)

Oh, and the rules have to be set per level - not per division, meaning all the Level 9 leagues have the same rules, and all Level 10 leagues have to have the same rules...

I thought long and hard... this was the best solution, I think.

Has this happend on anyone elses?

The FA Cup Third Round is in November and the Fith Round is on 2nd Of January which is when the Third round should be.:o:confused:

From the OP:

The FA Cup

- I kept seeing people asking about the additional qualifying and preliminary rounds for the FA Cup, so I decided to have a go at editing it. This was not a trivial task, nor one I could absolutely nail to my satisfaction. Firstly, and most importantly I feel – there are the correct number of rounds now, which take place on the correct dates, and the clubs enter at the right stage winning the correct prize money. To achieve this, and to satisfy gameplay constraints, this new FA Cup features clubs from Levels 1 to 9. There would not be room to add all the Level 10 sides, nor time in the season to add more qualifiers. There IS room to add SOME Level 10 sides – so if you want to attempt this in your own game then go ahead! Finally – the FM10 editor currently only permits FOUR QUALIFYING ROUNDS… in the FA Cup there ought to be six. I have raised this with SI; in the meantime, you will have to make do with the real-life Third Qualifying Round being called the First Round; Premiership and Championship clubs enter in Round 5. This is ONLY an issue of names, and will hopefully be rectified – in the interim, I felt it was a sacrifice worth making.

Bladesman, I am keen to get the structure in Norfolk sorted out, but it will stretch things down all the way to Level 20. Would you be interested in adding these, although I suspect it would make the xml file a little to unwiedly to run a game.

Another note on the Eastern Counties League. CRC, who are in the Premier Division iirc, are the Cambridge United reserve team.

Bladesman, I am keen to get the structure in Norfolk sorted out, but it will stretch things down all the way to Level 20. Would you be interested in adding these, although I suspect it would make the xml file a little to unwiedly to run a game.

Another note on the Eastern Counties League. CRC, who are in the Premier Division iirc, are the Cambridge United reserve team.

CRC is supposed to the Cambridge Regional College team... I'll have to look into that, cheers :)

And it doesn't take into account the myriad of Norfolk leagues under the Anglian Combination. The Wiki page is a direct copy of it too.

Which Wiki page? The page for the English league system seems to have been kept up-to-date.

Maybe those Norfolk leagues aren't officially recognized as being part of the ELS?

Read the OP, and then try coming up with a better way of getting 16 divisions to feed into 14 divisions, or 14 division to feed into 6 divisions. I'm all ears ;)

Oh, and the rules have to be set per level - not per division, meaning all the Level 9 leagues have the same rules, and all Level 10 leagues have to have the same rules...

I thought long and hard... this was the best solution, I think.

I agree it was the best solution, hopefully in the future irl someone will sort the promotion from level 9 out instead of the complicated system that seems to be based on ground grading that there is now.

Also I was wondering, how well does the game do with placement of teams for the next season after the various promotions and relegations? I know you've put in the boundaries for each league but for my editor data I've done the same and I seem to be getting some very strange placements.

I agree it was the best solution, hopefully in the future irl someone will sort the promotion from level 9 out instead of the complicated system that seems to be based on ground grading that there is now.

Also I was wondering, how well does the game do with placement of teams for the next season after the various promotions and relegations? I know you've put in the boundaries for each league but for my editor data I've done the same and I seem to be getting some very strange placements.

It will only work if teams are assigned a stadium that is in a city with accurate longitude and latitude values. Probably down to that not being in the DB for some clubs. SB had to enter most of them at the lower levels.

It will only work if teams are assigned a stadium that is in a city with accurate longitude and latitude values. Probably down to that not being in the DB for some clubs. SB had to enter most of them at the lower levels.

Its a good point and this was the case for some of them but others I checked did have a stadium with accurate latitude and longtitude and still were put in the wrong league.

Its a good point and this was the case for some of them but others I checked did have a stadium with accurate latitude and longtitude and still were put in the wrong league.

Other thing to check is if all four boundaries also have accurate longitude and latitude values.

Good news - early tests seem to indicate that the squad number issue may be fixed. More on that when I know more - and am back online... which will be tomorrow night, earliest.

if and when you load up fix, can you please :) list the changes as i've made some customised changes to your leagues that i dont wanna lose

im point was in the past relegation used to be bottom 2 then all teams finishing 3rd bottom were compared so the worst two were relegated, just thought it would have been more realistic to have a play-off with the 3rd bottom teams in it only. as for between 9 and 10 i really dont have another idea :)

Nik, concerning squad numbers

Any chance of a hint? Might allow the rest of us to fix it ourselves lol

if and when you load up fix, can you please :) list the changes as i've made some customised changes to your leagues that i dont wanna lose

And I'll second this, I have a custom made team added to one of the level 10 leagues, and would like to keep it without having to spend 30minutes adding it again :)

Made our problem is that when we put clubs, his said that there is not enough clubs in Division of Honor once having put them in their various regionales leagues.

If somebody could help us his would be good !

Am i right in assuming that this download is an ongoing process and that it will be updated/fixed as time goes on? I only wonder as eventually i'll be downloading this, and it looks like great work! I just wonder of there will be updated versions of it?

But right now, Newcastle United needs me :cool:

Which Wiki page? The page for the English league system seems to have been kept up-to-date.

Maybe those Norfolk leagues aren't officially recognized as being part of the ELS?

Just checked with the secretary of the Anglian Combination and, as far as he knows and is concerned, all of the leagues (e.g. NW Norfolk, NE Norfolk, etc) are part of the pyramid as they feed into their league. Indeed, the reason they revamped their league a few years back was to structure the county scene better. So rather than having reserve divisions and reserve teams pottering around aimlessly, the pyramid was set up so that all reserve teams could progress up the pyramid, for example.

Am i right in assuming that this download is an ongoing process and that it will be updated/fixed as time goes on? I only wonder as eventually i'll be downloading this, and it looks like great work! I just wonder of there will be updated versions of it?

But right now, Newcastle United needs me :cool:

You have taken the words right out of my mouth. :thup:

Just checked with the secretary of the Anglian Combination and, as far as he knows and is concerned, all of the leagues (e.g. NW Norfolk, NE Norfolk, etc) are part of the pyramid as they feed into their league. Indeed, the reason they revamped their league a few years back was to structure the county scene better. So rather than having reserve divisions and reserve teams pottering around aimlessly, the pyramid was set up so that all reserve teams could progress up the pyramid, for example.

Well hell, this is exactly the sort of information that should be in Wikipedia (and eventually in FM10)! :D

Great work! Super Bladesman loving playing in level 9

just have one problem tho if anyone can help how do you keep a level 9 club out of debt i seem to be losing money big time upto 10k a month sometimes there just so many costs and not enought fans attending even when the club is top of the league

hi

great work man!

just 1 question : if a club status is currently "amatuer" , can this club become proffesional at some stage , or is it impossible in fm 2010? i think i've read that it can't somewhere in this forums , i think it might even was on a reply given by on of SI guys,maybe miles.

cheers

Well hell, this is exactly the sort of information that should be in Wikipedia (and eventually in FM10)! :D

I agree, but I just cba to do it! If you look at the Wiki page though, it does tail off rapidly the lower down the pyramid it goes and I am certain that isn't because there are no more leagues. The FA website is good for the leagues, results, etc. Not sure how in depth it goes on detailing the actual pyramid though.

Anyway, back to the Fakenham game...

Great work! Super Bladesman loving playing in level 9

just have one problem tho if anyone can help how do you keep a level 9 club out of debt i seem to be losing money big time upto 10k a month sometimes there just so many costs and not enought fans attending even when the club is top of the league

is anyone else finding that there are too few goals being scored at level 9/10, and those that are scored are generally penalties or free kicks?

These are more down to the game engine, since it wasnt designed to have leagues so low within a league structure

With finances, in lower leagues alot of money (I believe) comes from fund-raising events, which obviously dont occur with FM

Is there a way to use this very good Systems update only to level 8 but delete the lower-level leagues i.e. levels 9 and 10?

I want to play level 8 but I don't want the extra players in levels 9 and 10 because it might slow down my PC while running FM10.

Or do I need levels 9 and 10 to use Super Bladesman's English National League System Update?

Thanks.

Archived