Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone.

I've been using this file for a while and whilst it is brilliant, he anomaly of the FA Cup annoys me. Clearly this isn't superbladesman's fault, he has done a wonderful job within the confines of what the editor allows. It's more me being fussy. Either way, can anybody advise me as to how to reactivate or create my own version of the 'default' FA Cup in this file?

Thanks.

Hello, I love this and I have recently got to the premiership as Hitchin Town but, I am in 2 cups: the Hertfordshire Charity Cup and the Hertfordshire Senior Cup. With a hectic schedule these low reputation cups can become useless and tire my players. Is there any way I can remove myself from them or delete them entirely?

Hi SuperBaldesman,

I have found a slight problem with the Level 11 Leagues, even though all the teams are in the list for the leagues at theat level, only 11 teams are showing up when i start a new game at that level. ANy ideas what i can do to get them all showing in the level 11 divisions

Cheers for now,

England4Ever

Hi SuperBaldesman,

I have found a slight problem with the Level 11 Leagues, even though all the teams are in the list for the leagues at theat level, only 11 teams are showing up when i start a new game at that level. ANy ideas what i can do to get them all showing in the level 11 divisions

Cheers for now,

England4Ever

If you read the opening post it says that you have to load all players from England and then it loads all the level 11 clubs.

Except that they wouldn't have to IRL as once they made the BSN/BSS they wouldn't still be entered?
Some of these local FA cups do actually have the big teams entering though - the Liverpool one rings a bell. I doubt they play Gerrard et al. ;)

alot professional teams enter reserve or youth teams (Liverpool, EVerton, Newcastle Utd, Birmingham CIty, WBA, wolves just a few

regarding youth teams/reserve teams i was wondering to ask you a question SB?

in your database their is a competion added called Birmingham County FA Floodlit Cup (or something simular)

i only noticed this as i was adding a county youth cup for Birmingham, one for Leicestershire too!

were you planning on having these sort of cups in your database as well??? just curious thats all

(it's also great that Coalville Town have been added a roster, so thanks for that too, saved me alot of time!)

regards

daniel

A couple of things

Firstly, I've just had my save ruined by Man Utd and a load of other top clubs appearing in the FA Vase. Now before you tell me I've not loaded all the leagues, I can assure you that I have. I may have been managing a level 9 team, but it was loaded down to level 10 (and I didn't have the level 11 update installed). I want to find out the reason for this occuring before starting a new save, in which the same thing could just happen again.

Also, before I reached the above game breaker, I lost 5-0 in the final of the Northumberland Senior Cup to a Newcastle 'Reserves' team containing Fabricio Coloccini, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands, Leon Best and Steven Taylor. There is simply no way that Newcastle would field such a team, even in the final, of such a minor cup.

Would appreciate an answer to both of these please, SB. I love this update, but it's never nice to have your save ruined a year in due to a silly bug such as this

Hi Madman1970,

On chacking everything i have made surethat all the players from England are loaded, and i am still having problems with the level 11 Division i want to play in. It looks like all the other leagues in Level 11 are working right now except for the Midland Football Combination Division 1. the list of teams in the league are below, the ones in green are the ones showing in my game and the ones in red are the teams missing.

Alveston

Archdale

Brereton Social

Castle Vale Reserves

Earslwood Town

Fairfield Villa

Newhall United

Northfield Town

Phoenix United

Shirley Town

Stockingford Allotments Association

Droitwich Spa

Littleton

West Midlands Police

Coton Green

Burntwood Town

Mile Oak R & Y

I have checked in the FM Editor and all 17 team Names are there for the division, but as i said, only the ones in green are showing up in the game. I have checked the rest of the level 11 leagues and all those seem to be working fine, it just happens to be the one league i want to play that is not working corrrectly.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

England4Ever

Maybe the U18's should be put in the lower league cups instead of reserves, I know they're called reserves IRL but it's always very young players...

that is often true i think, good idea

Hi Super Blademan,

I have managed to fix the problem of the Level 11 - Midland football Combination Division 1 not showing all of the teams for that league. Because there was no history of previous winners it was only showing 11 teams, by adding history to the league, i now have all 17 teams showing. Although the teams i have put in the history are not the correct ones, the history is not correct, but at least the league is fully playable now.

MidFootCombList1.jpg

CHeers for your great work,

England4Ever

I've recently got a new computer at home which is ultra quick so getting back into this, my only question is whether anybody had edited the database to put teams into their new divisions? I started to do it but I lost my way and ended up downloading the database again to get rid of my mistakes!

I just downloaded this, and made a quick edit to add a couple known players to Croydon FC.

When i tried to start a new game, i got an error saying that there are too many teams (21) in the Northern Premier League Premier Division (that there should be 20).

Checking the editor, there are indeed 20 teams listed there. Should i delete one?

The error actually says:

English FA Cup - Too many teams (21) requested from English Northern Premier League Premier Division (20 teams)

EDIT: I think i found the problem. The links in the first post of "The Official Created Competitions Download Thread" have links to "build 038". The links in this thread, however, are "build 097", which probably solves the issue.

I've recently got a new computer at home which is ultra quick so getting back into this, my only question is whether anybody had edited the database to put teams into their new divisions? I started to do it but I lost my way and ended up downloading the database again to get rid of my mistakes!

I have used SB's file in combination with the All Stars Database, without any problems.

If you can find a player update where the league structures are absolutely unedited, it should be no problem.

Most updates however concentrate on the top European leagues, so you have to be lucky to find one that has all transfers up to the 4th level.

there is something wrong with the fa cup set up i think, i'm currently afc liverpool and at the end of my league 1 season 2016/2017 and about to enter the championship. In the fa cup i got to the final and lost to arsenal 2-1, they qualified for the champions league so i presumed i'd get the europa cup spot but i didn't this is surely a glitch!?!?!?

That is because Windows shouldn't open it.

The xml or dbc file that you download must go in the editor folder (document/sports interactive/footballmanager/editor data

Then when starting a new game, you can select to load it.

See also the FAQ on top of this forum for more details.

Just pick a team with a nice sounding name, or a city nearby. :)

I like the sound of "Admiral Cunningham". (Admiral Cunningham wins the Premier league, Admiral Cunningham is the Champion of the World, etc.) :cool:

Cry. For a long time.

Thoug I must admit, that I laughed after reading your reply, I can imagine that.

There are leagues on these forums that must have take hundreds of hours of editing and testing, and your's is one of them.

I hope for you and the fans of this (and all other edited) league(s), that they are compatible.

Hello,

Ive just downloaded the large version (level 11) and on my desktop is the file (DBC) how exactley do i unzip this file and put in the editor data file, i didnt have the 10.3 patch but i now do have it.

i have tried putting the file in and have had no success i have followed the instructions on page 1, but still no luck

any help would be apprecited

Also when the file goes into the editor data file is it still a dbc file or not as the last time i did this on my old pc it was a xml file i think

ps: the faq is not working

Hello,

Ive just downloaded the large version (level 11) and on my desktop is the file (DBC) how exactley do i unzip this file and put in the editor data file, i didnt have the 10.3 patch but i now do have it.

i have tried putting the file in and have had no success i have followed the instructions on page 1, but still no luck

any help would be apprecited

Also when the file goes into the editor data file is it still a dbc file or not as the last time i did this on my old pc it was a xml file i think

ps: the faq is not working

Hi Boynebattler, just read this. It should answer all your questions. :)

hullooo,

I was just wondering because the last tiime i player ur excellent update i noticed tht Fc United had Man Utd set as rivals.

This is a very very divided subject among fans of both clubs, however the general consensus is that many see FC United and Manchester United as virtually the same club, they sing the same songs, the same kit and 80% of FC support both clubs.

Yes their is a minority who think that all FC are Judas' but i think the majority are with the "2 clubs 1 soul" idea.

Firstly SB. great work with the update. However, I just have a minor point you may want to tweak for the next build or FM11 version, as you have the FA Vase rules slightly incorrect. I've just been looking at them on the FA's website as I'm planning to attend a 1QR tie on Saturday, and Rule 11 (a) states:

(a) Extra Time in First Matches

If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes shall be played (15 minutes

each way). Clubs may mutually agree, and confirm on the Match Arrangement Form, to

determine the winner of a match drawn after extra time by taking kicks from the penalty

mark in accordance with the International Football Association Board procedure. The

agreed arrangement must be notified to the Referee not later than 45 minutes prior to kickoff.

The tie would only go to a replay if the 1st game is level after 120 and the clubs don't agree to go straight to penalties. I appreciate programming the mutual agreement bit may be out, and I don't know how often this happens IRL, but I finished a season with Brislington the other day and went to replays in 3 or 4 consecutive rounds in the Vase, all after 90 mins. I'd have preferred the extra time to the replays, if that had settled the ties!

Any chance this can be changed for the next update?

I'm enjoying your work Super Bladesman. I'm a bit curious though as to why Manchester Utd have entered the FA Vase at the second qualifying round? (They beat Brodsworth Welfare 6-0 away.)

You've not selected all the available levels in the editor file you've selected, as stated in the OP.

Archived