Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have run a few more tests. The test listed below, I only had the English leagues loaded, to Level 10 using the Full Edition. For this test I deleted the division position history from the five leagues except for the Southern D1SW division which worked correctly in my other tests. This time, the division called Northern Premier D1N displayed the correct division winner on the standings screen and division past winners screen. The other 4 divisions who had the their history wiped of past winners is still blank after completing the season. The Southern D1SW division which worked correctly in the other tests, this time did not update their past winner history nor display the team name of the division winner in the header of the division standings screen.

So for some reason the league called Regional First Divisions (Level 8) is somehow only allowing one overall winner in its sub divisions. Though the original poster is correct that promotions are working correctly, I do not feel that this is a glitch, but instead a configuration issue. Of course after looking through the editor for a couple of hours, I can not distinguish much difference between Regional First Divisions and the Level 9 Divisions. What is interesting is that the Regional First Division is the only overall league that has a Relegation Playoff in it's structure.

The are a couple more test cases I am going to try, I will post if I discover anything worthwhile.

Every division in (Level 7) records the division champion correctly.

Every division in (Level 9) records the division champion correctly.

Every division in (Level 10) records the division champion correctly.

Setup:

Level 10 Full Edition

Large Database, Fictional Players, Attribute Masking, Fill in Staff

England - Level 10 Divisions and Above - Play

Detail - Preset Configuration: Default

Vacation from the start of the game till June 24, 2010

So I have run a few more tests. The test listed below, I only had the English leagues loaded, to Level 10 using the Full Edition. For this test I deleted the division position history from the five leagues except for the Southern D1SW division which worked correctly in my other tests. This time, the division called Northern Premier D1N displayed the correct division winner on the standings screen and division past winners screen. The other 4 divisions who had the their history wiped of past winners is still blank after completing the season. The Southern D1SW division which worked correctly in the other tests, this time did not update their past winner history nor display the team name of the division winner in the header of the division standings screen.

So for some reason the league called Regional First Divisions (Level 8) is somehow only allowing one overall winner in its sub divisions. Though the original poster is correct that promotions are working correctly, I do not feel that this is a glitch, but instead a configuration issue. Of course after looking through the editor for a couple of hours, I can not distinguish much difference between Regional First Divisions and the Level 9 Divisions. What is interesting is that the Regional First Division is the only overall league that has a Relegation Playoff in it's structure.

The are a couple more test cases I am going to try, I will post if I discover anything worthwhile.

Every division in (Level 7) records the division champion correctly.

Every division in (Level 9) records the division champion correctly.

Every division in (Level 10) records the division champion correctly.

Setup:

Level 10 Full Edition

Large Database, Fictional Players, Attribute Masking, Fill in Staff

England - Level 10 Divisions and Above - Play

Detail - Preset Configuration: Default

Vacation from the start of the game till June 24, 2010

Hi the other difference would be that for the promotion playoffs Level 9 has one playoff for all sub divs where as Regional First Div has playoffs per division. But then so do the Regional Premier Divisions and the same problem doesnt exist for them. So probably thats no help

So I found a solution that I am satisfied with.

I first started with the Lite version. I removed the relegation playoff from Level 8 (Regional First Divisions) leaving the total number of teams to be relegated to 18 instead of the previous 21. After running a full season with the Lite version, the correct and current winner of the the division in Level 8 works correctly.

I then moved to the Full Edition. I once again removed the relegation playoff in Level 8 leaving the total number of teams to relegated to 18. This will cause an issue with Level 9 league as it is promoting 21 teams. This can be solved by changing the number of teams being promoted in the promotion playoff from 7 down to 4. So now both Level 8 is relegating the same amount of teams that Level 9 is promoting, 18.

After running a full season with the Full Edition and checking to make sure that the Division leaders were being documented properly and that the correct number of promotions in Level 9 were correct, I found that this fix works.

I do not understand the English lower leagues enough to know if this fix is realistic, all I tried to do was fix this issue that concerned me.

Thanks to BM for all his work in putting this league structure together. The exposure to a small subset of his work inside the editor the last couple of days has provided me with a deeper appreciation of his work.

The problem that EPL teams play in lower league cups, is easy to solve: just load every division of this file.

It's problem now, because I finished second season and i don't want to start all over because i have great team. Any side effects beside PL clubs playing FA cup Vase?

I have tried to download the file but it says when i try and download that it is a DBC file and invalid. What could be causing this?

dbc files are just compressed xml files. put it in the editor folder and start a new game.

I have put the file in the editor folder and I have followed all the instructions however it doesn't have any editor files that can be selected. I am running the game on Steam and obviously the folders are different. The FAQ link doesn't work so could anyone tell me what folder to put it in on steam? Apologies if this has already been mentioned

EDIT: Please ignore me I've figured it out.

can some tell me if build 067 is compatable with 10.2 patch if not which build is.

cheers

didn't u read SB's OP? He said that u MUST have patched to 10.3.... the DB is NOT compatible with any other version. It sucks waiting for the patch to download :( Looking forward to starting a LV11 Career Update. :thup:

didn't u read SB's OP? He said that u MUST have patched to 10.3.... the DB is NOT compatible with any other version. It sucks waiting for the patch to download :( Looking forward to starting a LV11 Career Update. :thup:

Actually, I said you must patch to 10.3 to play the latest version :)

I've no idea about the legacy builds - suck it and see. If it works, it works. If not, it try the next one back.

Just copy the file to the editor data folder in your my documents folder (my documents - sports interactive - editor data, or something like that). After that you start a new game and choose 10.3 database and tick the little box. Click continue to go to an extra window with all downloaded files for FM. Here you choose SB's England file and any other file of your liking. Now click ok and the new game starts as usual. If all is correct you can now choose England with all 11 levels.

Good luck!

Super Bladesman,

I just want to say a massive thankyou, I didnt want to post until I had given it a good go and now I feel qualified to post thoughts and feedback. For years I have dreamed of something of this depth, slugging it out for my sunday league team! Its exactly how FM was intended to be played.

I cant believe how much effort must have gone into the database, and its almost faultless. But I have noticed a couple of minor things, I took control of Totnes & Dartington, who start in the Peninsula East, and after my first season I got moved sideways to the Gloucestershire County league which is very unlikely due to the distance to travel, but Im guessing FM calculated it based on the latitude and longitude? After a couple of seasons I noticed that it no longer told me what awards my players were winning, ie Gary Neville wins the Peninsula Player Of The Year, would be just 'Gary Neville wins' which in a way has its own charm!

The end of season review is hard to find your division as there are so many listed, and by level then alphabetical makes it hard to locate.

These things dont really matter, but if there was any improvement that was going to be made I'd beg that a little research and testing goes into reputation of leagues and cups. I have just been promoted to the Conference South after 5 straight promotions and during this time my season tickets which started at 18 a season, rose to 24 over the 5 years and has just shot up to 80 odd now im in the Conf South, likewise my attendences have always been between 80-90 until now Im suddenly getting several hundred. I love it when a handful of people turn up to watch a shocking game of football, but I think reputation needs to rise gradually through these lower divisions to add more of a challenge and help financial stability of teams, only due to some very fortunate cup runs have I stayed afloat and I'm massively in debt, the Conf South may clear that in one season however!

Im loving voting for player of the year and other media articles ive stumbled across, and just want to say a massive thanks to the people that put the hard work in so we can have fun!

I think your 5 straight promotion is largely due to the fact that we can sign players from entire England, but real life club can only sign players in there region.

About league reputations, there aren't many rooms to rise because bss/bsn already have a reputation of 3

I think your 5 straight promotion is largely due to the fact that we can sign players from entire England, but real life club can only sign players in there region.

About league reputations, there aren't many rooms to rise because bss/bsn already have a reputation of 3

I agree with that, I managed to attract some players that just wouldnt drop as low a sunday league football, but i think FM is very good location of players and I have worked closely with big league teams who are based locally - every season i go through the Torquay/Newport/Exter/Weymouth YTS and look to sign/loan as many players as poss, and have found far better players more interested than further based players.

Spot on with league reps, hopefully SI can up the maximum rep to 100 and set BSS/BSN at 30 to allow for editors to structure lower. This is the real secret to the promotions, Ive had pretty much the same bunch of players for my whole game.

Such a great effort by Bladesman, the limitations are hard coded and hopefully SI can recognise and include these leagues or allow editing powers for reputations to work.

I hope this is done again for FM11 as Nik's update was the only reason i brought FM10 lol.

I also hope that the same thing would be done for Football Manager 2011. But the problem is, will SB have the same level of commitment when the next version of FM comes along later this year? Only time will tell.......

In the Opening Post, it is stated that build 103 is the latest version and due to release on 23rd March. It is now 6th of May. But when I try to download this latest version, it still shows build 097! Why is this so? Does this mean that build 103 has not been released yet? Anyone care to comment on this issue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm having a problem with the 64bit/32bit thing which i still dont understand. any other place to download where it will be different?

can anyone help with this because i'd love to start at level 11

Archived